Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1730

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Make sure the guide is read well by you before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R76UeKY7NSc
kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir=subtitles/japanese/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1 month to JLPT

Subtle, good job.

delet pls

Lewdすぎる

Don't worry, N5 is easy-peasy.

What did they mean by this?

>慶應大OBの50代男性が眉をひそめて語る。

>「広研は俺らが学生の頃からチャラいヤツばかりで、女遊びが激しくて悪い噂が絶えなかった。
ニュースを見て『広研ならやりそうだ』って思ったよ
酔わせてヤるのは、あいつらの“伝統”みたいなもんなんだ」

> 「未成年の学生や『もう飲めない』ってヤツに向かってコールして、飲酒を強制するのはサークルの日常だった。
在学中、サークル絡みの飲み会で『急性アルコール中毒』で救急車が来たことは数え切れないね」

> 「自分が4年の頃、その年の新歓コンパで酔い潰れた女子学生を全裸にして撮影した画像が、広研の内部で出回ったよ。
画像は十数枚あって、女の子の顔がはっきりわかるものもあったし、局部を指で広げて撮ったやつもあった」(前出・広研OB)

I haven't touched japanese in months

Twice before I have learned kana and then just lost interest before vocabulary and grammar. I am not an avid animu watcher but I want to get back into it, as I feel like it will help me become more determined in my nip studies. Is 45 min - 1 hour a day enough to get back into nip studies without burning out?

For starters, yeah.
But soon you'll crave more.

Man, learning japanese is hard. VR Pussy better be worth it. I'm so 汚い. Fuck Kanji stupid ass chinese hieroglyphics.

Keio sounds like a fun place to study

I just came into this thread for the Op image, but I learnt all the common kanji by grinding on anki for months then just burnt out. Haven't touched stuff in months maybe even a year or so. Maybe one day I can get back into it when I have the time.

Thanks, I did my best. But I messed up.

The text on her panties should've been readable.
But I just pasted the image into 4chanx instead of saving it which lead to it being converted to such a low file size.

I've had 200 reviews for weeks. As in, I can only do enough reps to bring it below 200 reviews. Help.

Hey /djt/, I can watch Precure without subs now (~85-95% comprehension). How long until I can watch the news? I'd say I'm at like 30-40% comprehension right now. I am trying to learn nip mostly through listening and immersion, seems to be working pretty well although it takes very long (I'm on year 2.5).

Anybody else learn nip like this?

It's the only way to learn when you've been learning that long.

>わがまま
>我が
>儘
holy shit

我儘めぐみん

once I finish high school I'm going to move to Japan

So we are all learning Japanese in pursuit of top tier entertainment from what I see.
But how do you see yourself using Japanese in the future?

Will you be doing amateur translations of things you want people to enjoy? Going pro?
Moving to Japan to work there? Or maybe simply open a blog and talk about the latest eroge?

Tell us your ambitions, /djt/user.

>once I finish highschool
You have to be over 18 to frequent this site.

I'm gonna apply for a year of student exchange via university. We'll see how things have changed after that.

I doubt anyone can really say how long. It's cool that just listening is working out for you. I'm not man enough to say fuck it and completely ditch vocab study because I feel like it lets me acquire vocab super quick and that's the main barrier to comprehension.

Is memrise an okay way to learn japanese? I'm not talking about the japan 1-3 course, I'm just talking about memrise in general.

I have no ambitions.

>Will you be doing amateur translations of things you want people to enjoy?
Yes.
>Going pro?
Maybe.
>Moving to Japan to work there?
Hopefully.
>Or maybe simply open a blog and talk about the latest eroge?
Probably not.
Also, what said.

actually its 4 weeks x 7 - 3 for rest = 25 days
im so dead

I want to translate untranslated hentai. No, seriously. There's a bunch of god tier hentai out there I see all around sandpanda with no translations, I want to be the man to do that.

Someone spoonfeed me a good style for my mining deck.

>Will you be doing amateur translations of things you want people to enjoy?
Yeah, I'll probably start a blog dedicated to translating obscure one-shots.

It depends. Multiple choice is garbage. If you do it with typing it's okay but there's still no reason to use it over anki.

This week on "to mine or not to mine"
>硬膜下血腫

the one from the pastebin

terminal.sexy

pick your color scheme

I thought so. Guess I'll finish the two kanji courses in memrise first then go to Anki just to be more adept with kanji. It'll probably take two or three months. Thanks for the advice, user.

>not going all the way

I'm a JET applicant. Wish me luck, lads.

I'm gonna critique shitty translations of doujins by people from this thread.

I always find these numbers funny. The tests aren't that hard, but most applicants are obviously highly overestimating their abilities. I wonder if Jap learners suffer extra hard from the Dunning-Kruger effect or whatever it is called

>Cute to look at, fun to ---

How do you get all these example sentences?

You want to be a trained monkey? And they prefer people who don't know any Japanese anyway.

Today I will remind them

I'm hoping for WW3 soon after the elections so I can just get nuked t b f

play with

Jesus Christ, why don't you just put in some fucking work and you'll be able to listen to the news six months from now.

Please stop.

>一人(いちにん)
>一杯(いちはい)
foolish

I don't think it's about overestimating. Most people just take the tests to "test themself"
Think about it, everyone knows N4 and such are worthless. You wouldn't take N4 if you knew you could easily pass it.

The tests cost money, I wouldn't take them if I wasn't sure I could pass. There are cheaper ways to simply test your own ability. I took the N2 to get "proof" that I knew some Japanese, which is important when applying for positions or such if I should ever want to do that.

how

>I took the N2 to get "proof" that I knew some Japanese, which is important when applying for positions or such if I should ever want to do that.

For what positions is N2 enough?

Guessing things from context.

> I wouldn't take them if I wasn't sure I could pass
But you are you. If you're thinking logically there's no reason to take N3 or below to begin with.

but how can u guess if you only understand only some words here and there?

Also, most people are willing to spend thousands on worthless classes. The JLPT is a drop in the bucket in comparison.

I've got a stupid degree and want to go abroad. I've basically only taken up learning after deciding to apply a while ago anyway, so it's not like I actually know the language.

おはようおにいちゃん

ふああ

ラジオたいそうしよっか

youtube.com/watch?v=R76UeKY7NSc

Daily reminder that making mistakes in language learning is just alright and that you shouldn't sweat it at all.

Guessing.

日曜日だよ
何でそんなに早起きのか

Read the guide, do Genki and listen lots. Do what Steve Kaufmann does and listen to stuff with transcripts. After listening a few times, read through the transcript and mine any new words.

きょうは動物園にいくの

熊とサシでタイマンだよ!

how
okay

>listen to stuff with transcripts
Subs are so hard to come by

Delete this. I'm serious.

The guy sent me what he used as fuel. It was some sort of gif with a baby getting fucked. Pretty disgusting です

気持ち悪い

Going abroad is always a good experience, good luck.
Yet you are learning a difficult language, that's already showing ambition.
CGRascal is not the example to follow, but you already know that.
Any example of obscure one-shots? I saw some treasures over at Pixiv for example but nothing much on commercial media.
>teaching children
No touch, remember.
Arguing endlessly over the translations of 頂きます, I like your style.

Personally, I'd like to add a japanese side to my career, going frequently to Japan for business and dealing with customers for example.

That gifs hot as fuck normie scum

For anime, no, not at all.
In NHK news articles with videos, usually every word in the video also appears in the accompanying article, and sentences are often nearly identical. It's not direct subs but it makes it easy enough.

>Any example of obscure one-shots?
After making that post I flipped through some oneshot pages on MU and somewhat unsurprisingly pretty much every one I clicked on was translated. I can't think of one off the top of my head that I know is good and yet to be translated but I'm sure there's at least a few buried somewhere deep in my bookmarks.

Well, I mean, I'm always looking words up and shit. I study vocab, I just don't have a consistent list, kind of like how I learned English: just listening to my parents and asking what things meant.

NHK Easy News mate. All the articles have (synthesized, I think) audio.

>For anime, no, not at all.
What, Japanese subs? For airing shows?

そっか
好きな動物は?

kitsunekko.net/dirlist.php?dir=subtitles/japanese/

ねこー

おべんとうつくっていかなきゃ

Thanks. Didn't seem that up to date though

猫お弁当?
いもうとさんは中国人だったっけ?

why be picky about only watching new shows
the point is there are tons of shows with subs
surely you haven't watched every good old show

>surely you haven't watched every good old show
Not him but if you only consider new stuff, you have fewer options to chose from.

If you suddenly start to consider everything made up to this day, you'll just be lost in a neverending sea of shit.

>If you suddenly start to consider everything made up to this day, you'll just be lost in a neverending sea of shit.

If you don't know enough about anime to know what good old shows you still need to see you need to fuck off and surf Sup Forums more

週末のアンキやりたくない

I've watched all the good old shows I know of. Nobody is omniscient.

I'm just watching jojo and keijo now. I prefer reading manga and VNs.

ダメだよ
がんばろう

>Yet you are learning a difficult language, that's already showing ambition.
I suppose, but that's the extent of it, and I only started because I was insanely bored due to English-language cultural output turning to complete shit and piss. I doubt Japanese is much better but I haven't really worked my way thru that much of the backlog.

>Tell us your ambitions, /djt/user.
I'm not even joking my ambition right now is to get enough level to translate this VN. I think it's a miracle of the universe and it should be every person's DUTY to read it. I need to spread it to as many people as I can.

やらなくてもいいよ

What is it

もき??

でないと一生後悔するぞ

Pretty sure that's some early human cave drawing

Cool, now watch them again in japanese

Hey DJT. How do you deal with small-font computer text in Japanese? Is it typical for native speakers to blow the font up decently big or do you eventually just git gud at reading tiny-ass 漢字?

もぎたて just picked

When you're good enough it's usually enough to be able to recognise tiny kanji just from the context and general shape of the blobs

Thanks! The た confused me in the image, because of the top left.