Why does Gintama have such MOODY intros at times?

Why does Gintama have such MOODY intros at times?
I wasn't really questioning it at first, but after reaching the 10th one, I'm a little baffled.
youtu.be/11uUb2hN4Cw
It's like the OP for a completely different show.
Other examples:
youtu.be/XkL2W2GZ65c (my personal favorite but christ it doesn't fit at all)
youtu.be/YCq4-r9annU
Is it just one long meta joke by the staff (like so many other things)?

Also post shows that have unfitting OPs/EDs I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j-fjrOSNaV0
youtube.com/watch?v=sQw32oee4mc
youtube.com/watch?v=SIF5BLyh3Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ta232D0KuLY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gintaman best OP

from time to time there is a longer arc with proper serious plot. thats when those OPs pop out.

Dont remember Gin being alone near the end of the Opening 8.

Ah, I guess that makes sense.

It seems there's multiple versions.
youtube.com/watch?v=j-fjrOSNaV0
This is the one where he's running with the others.
There's also youtube.com/watch?v=sQw32oee4mc

Its another version of that opening.
There is one showing Ketsuno Ana's brother before the sequence with Gin running with their comrades.
There is another version that looks like it was made with MS Paint.

I see, is there any reason why hes running alone in that version?

Charging towards the enemy, during the Joi war. The animators realized it's kinda of retarded so they added Katsura, Takasugi and the loud fellow in a later episode's opening..

>Gintama
kys casual

Should I watch gintama?

All the dick sucking at MAL can't be totally wrong right?

It's an episodic comedy which got better when the director and producer decided to go all out after they lost the prime time slot.

>Also post shows that have unfitting OPs/EDs I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=SIF5BLyh3Mk

>Should I watch gintama?
I started watching it myself just couple months ago, and finished all the existing material couple weeks back. I must say I greatly enjoyed it, and had some good laughs as well!

just remember to SKIP THE FIRST TWO EPISODES! They are filler!
And give the show at least 20-25 episodes to warm up!

This. It's almost weird to watch the early episodes of the S1, since the style and pacing is so different. The first couple dozen eps are pretty much introduction and light foreshadowing episodes, after which shit slowly starts hitting the fan, and all those early episodes suddenly start holding a meaning.

When the show momentarily gets serious, it's pretty badass too. I did however not expect some of them feels from this series.

The first ~50 episodes are meh, then is ok-good.

I'd say the first 20 are meh.
Then it starts to get better and better, plus you already have some level of bond with the main cast.

But yeah, the first arcs actually happen around ep 45-50, which really makes the show shine.

alright, ya'll convinced me. what group should I find to watch the original series? Or is it just CR all the way?

I grabbed the "[AnimeRG] Gintama EP 001-316 (Complete Series)" batch myself. Neat 720p quality, though most of the first few seasons are in 4:3 (even the show makes fun of that).

which ever you can still find. I did start with CR myself, but quickly grabbed a torrent since their site's shit with issues.

And like said earlier, don't expect the beginning to be ground breaking, and do skip eps 1 and 2 completely.

>tfw all the OPs OP posted are my favourites

Especially Dilemma

>DON'T BE A PIRATE

Silly Tama

A best taste, though i'd have to say Tougenkyou Alien is a close 2nd for me.

Too many great OPs from this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ta232D0KuLY