Captain Tsubasa World Youth Volume 1

And we're off to the first volume of the Captain Tsubasa sequel. If you watched the anime as a kid, this part was never fully adapted. Tsubasa is now playing in Sao Paulo, HUEHUE.

youtube.com/watch?v=ohJ4w5Tw_v4

Kid's Dream
Volume 1 Volume 2 Volume 3 Volume 4 Volume 5 Volume 6 Volume 7 Volume 8 Volume 9 Volume 10 Volume 11 Volume 12 Volume 13 I am Misaki Taro Boy's Fight
Volume 14 Volume 15 Volume 16 Volume 17 Volume 18 Volume 19 Volume 20 Volume 21 Volume 22 Volume 23 Volume 24 Volume 25 J Boy's Challenge
Volume 26 Volume 27 Volume 28 Volume 29 Volume 30 Volume 31 Volume 32 Volume 33 Volume 34 Volume 35 Volume 36 Volume 37 World Youth
The strongest opponent! Holland Youth

>Tsubasa is now playing in Sao Paulo
Didn't this happen in Captain Tsubasa J? Or maybe the newer one, I'm not sure.

Captain Tsubasa J is the adaptation of World Youth, except for the fact that it remakes the first half of the original manga and never finishes the World Youth manga (Anime stops at Japan vs Uzbekhistan)

The newer anime Road to 2002 starts with Brancos, which is a name to avoid licensing issues but it's actually Sao Paulo.

The Road to 2002 is weird as an anime. It remakes the entire first manga, then does a bit of World Youth, then ignore the rest of it completely and does a bit of Road to 2002.

>never won a Copa Libertadores while at Sao Paulo

Lel what a fraud.

Yeah, I think the author didn't know that much about football though.

He didn't. Yoichi Takahashi only got into the sport after he was won over by the 1978 World Cup.

No one gave a shit about the sport in Japan back then.

Yeah and it's pretty clear, I mean it's not that he lacks knowledge of football, anyone can read that shit and understand it.

It's just that he didn't seem to know much about the quirks of the sport, atmosphere and stuff like that, for example his "tastes" are pretty much what you'd expect someone that has never watched football before to feel, entry level stuff.

For example the Brazil wank is something that's very common among people that don't know about football, nowadays it's common with Barcelona too.

Correct but this is also the reason why the manga was so popular.

Captain Tsubasa was the perfect introduction for many to the sport, and Takahashi was the perfect person to do just that.

He turned the sport into a highly dramatic shounen.