ITT VAs that make Dubs bearable

ITT VAs that make Dubs bearable

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bXYiFFM7WH4
youtube.com/watch?v=sqiIZvIKGd0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Cansino
youtube.com/watch?v=Z082VAWmPdw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I love the guy but I haven't cared about dubs for over 10 years. And neither should you.

Who?

>watching dubs
>ever
dubs are garbage outside of GET threads. I would even go as far as to say it changes the recipe of the experience, what with all the word changes, loss of honorifics, loss of original voice acting, etc.

Too bad he works almost exclusively as vidya background characters now.

He does a lot of Sup Forums stuff now as well like Regular show.

His character even dressed up as spike in a Halloween special.

Not even ghost stories?

But Baccano , black lagoon and space dandy are 3 dubs that are far better than the sub

Most more western based anime is generally better dubbed thats why my rule is if its available I watch the anime in whatever language fits the setting best

No they aren't.

...I can kind of get space dandy but if you are actually going to tell me baccano and black laggon are better subbed despite baccano being set in america and black lagoon only having 1 actual jap main character

ohhh boy

see
Also hentai dubs are the best genre of comedy

Also Black Lagoon has a REALLY bad engrish coming out of Revy

Baccano's dub wasn't better. Setting has nothing to do with it. The accents weren't great anyway and the side characters were usually shit. Plus the sub had some amazing voices.

I prefer hellsing ultimate dubbed as well.

Ok which did you watch 1st

way I generally decide is I watch the dub for a ep then I watch the sub and see what one I like better

If you watched the whole thing subbed then you are more used to the jab voices making it hart to make a proper fair judgement

Dub then sub. Both all the way through. I liked the dub, but I don't think it was better. It's definitely one of the better dubs for sure.

The one and only.

I usually go sub first. When the dub is released, I watch it again because it's the closest I can get to watching a good series for the first time again.

Why would you want to hear shitty english voices rather than the better japanese voices in a japanese show?

See

Well thats a opinion but and unpopular one

Hell I remember reading some where the original creators of the anime preferred the dub but dont quote me on that

Christian Bale

Because not all anime is set in japan and alot of the anime set in america or with mostly american characters end up having really shitty engrish like black lagoon

I won't quote you on that, because that's said about Cowboy Bebop. And I've never seen a source on it either.

alot of the dub cast was shit in berserk but this guy IS the voice of guts and no one can replace him

Dubs? There are GETs in my cartoons? My subs must be translating this shit worse than I thought. In what way do dubs get improved by certain VAs? Also, who is that white man?

>alot of the dub cast was shit in berserk
>Forgetting this magnificent bastard.
youtu.be/bXYiFFM7WH4

Check my numbers. sage

Big time actors and actresses should do anime more.

youtube.com/watch?v=sqiIZvIKGd0

>A-Am I fitting in?

Some dub have good voice actors user. A long of 90s/early-2000 dubs usually had a team of passable to legitimately great acting.

Not really. Dub acting is pretty much the lowest form of media based entertain, even lower than being a Youtuber. Being a regular dub VA is essentially career suicide if you're looking for non-dub work. Vidya dubs are different as they are rather in high demand.

Just a side note about dubs for me

I really fucking wish Space Patrol Luluco and inferno cop would get a dub

I want to watch them while drunk but I cant read for shit while drunk

I've always found dubs really disingenuous. Stopped watching them in 2008 though and it's not like I tried all the pre-2008 dubs before doing so. I like the Japanese and have learned a lot of spoken Japanese and understand their comedic timing and emotions in general. No point in trying dubs anymore even if some are "not bad".

>despite baccano being set in america

So fucking what? Gunslinger Girl's dubs sound like shit and it's set in Italy.

If the show's written in Japanese, the best dialogue and acting will be in the Japanese version. You wouldn't watch an English dub of a French film, would you?

user you dont need to comprehend those anime's

hell the less you comprehend the better

Dubs aren't Sup Forums, retards.

Black lagoon had a fucking horrid sub that had a bunch of engrish from Revy

alot of anime set in america/ has american will often force engrish or even worse japs try to talk in a american accent

The guy who voiced Legato and Kenshin is great
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Cansino

anime is Japanese cartoons just because the voice actors changed does not make it not anime

Who are you to tell anyone what they shouldn't care about on an anime imageboard?

Have you watched Panty and Stocking dub?

Considering how shitty your English is, I'd say that you have something in common with Japanese VAs.

It helps that he actually speaks fluent Japanese so he can at least pronounce names right.

Abridged series are allowed now? Cool.

Does he really? I never knew that, but I guess that's why he doesn't sound like a retard when saying certain names or shouting moves.

I like Baccano's dub a lot more. Especially Graham's dub.

One of the best dubs.

Now they are doing a tamer one with Shimoneta.

>tfw Dan Green will never fuck your ass while telling you to cluck like a chicken

Work is work. Animu voice acting has never paid well and the budgets are only getting tighter. Vidya is where it's at now for a good paycheck.
Blum must be making bank voicing half of the NPCs in SW:TOR.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z082VAWmPdw

Damn I completely forgot about that.

Remember when Troy Baker used to do anime?

Now he's close to becoming a millionare from voicing every single main character in every single video game since 2008.

he seems like a nice guy, but i really hate how he's in everything

His voice makes me hard

Had the pleasure of meeting him a few years back. Really nice guy. He's not really in everything anymore like he was in mid/late 2000s. Brice Papenbrook is the one who's been in everything lately. Fortunately, he's also a super nice guy and enjoys shitting on Kirito and Eren as much as everyone else.

I feel pity for Americans and their terrible dubs.

>tfw his wife died giving birth, so he takes any job he can to take care of his children.

Is she in the shadow realm?

kind of