Hibike Euphonium

Bobbing Clarinet Appreciation Thread

Also, be sure to thank your President. She works very hard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=a802q2-UpGU
twitter.com/Disgaeamad/status/794220796054999040
youtube.com/watch?v=cMdiYuzHVZ4
vgmdb.net/album/52254
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Best Hibike review so far. Take notes aspiring reviewers.

youtube.com/watch?v=a802q2-UpGU

Say nice things about Nozomi!

Why do they bob so?

At least she's not Ribbons.

Irrelevant. And I'm sure her flutist skills have fallen so she will be a hindrance for the nationals.

You're doing it wrong

Am I the only one that teared up like a motherfucker during this scene? Maybe it's the wine but damn their emotions lived through me.

>flutist skills have fallen

she still has the power to make autists puke

Its worse when you see the other school's faces right next to them. They looked devastated.

How will Shuichi get cucked again by Kyoani next episode?

Who would be President next year?

It would obviously be a second year, but who can take on this unbearable burden?

think they dump it off on Ribbons, won't matter, bouchos for that club are irrelevant and doormats

All hail.

Pretentious way to keep rhythm, I would know, I did that shit as a clarinet player.

I wanted to get emotional but they played the same piece pretty much exactly the same as the first season finale, so it was boring as hell.

>exactly the same
No. The solos were completely different. Reina's was worse. Mizore's was better. So was Asuka's.

When watching other anime do you guys notice the school's band playing in the bg after school and think of hibike? Just imagining that another story like hibike is happening behind the scenes makes me kind of happy.

I didn't care enough to compare them side by side. It's still boring. I guess my problem is just that I don't really care about Crescent Moon Dance.
Please don't tell me they're going to play this too at the Nationals.

It's nice seeing both many and girly things happening here

>Kumiko, I think I'll play for you
>ends up playing a stuffy, overheated ballad
What does this mean?

Why are their competition notes always covered in garbage?

Did they just memorize the entire thing and then decide to just crap glitter, photos, and lewd drawings on their materials?

They've been playing the same thing nonstop for months, of course they memorized it. If you're not going to be reading the score, might as well put use the space to give yourself motivation, or maybe put something there that will give you peace if you're too nervous.

But she didn't.
She just played the solo with monotone tone and dynamics.
She messed up.

Muscle memory is a thing user, professional performers can memorize dozens of 30-minute long sonatas, anyone is capable of memorizing a 8-minute long piece with months of practice.

the power of friendship

They some times overdo it with all the blur and chromatic aberration

I was so emotional throughout the episode. They had put so much effort into it, but all foreshadowing with Kumiko and Asuka in the OP and PVs made me think they couldn't make it. Somehow, it was even more nerve wracking than any of my own competitions. I was a happy-go-lucky slacker, never understanding this kind of pressure before. The worth of all your months of effort would be decided by this one performance; hearing this one word, "16". When they won the gold, it was even more terrifying. I am so glad they made it to nationals! I am so happy for them. Between cheering them on and regretting my own high school days, this episode was really a turbulent ride. Thank you so much Kumiko, Reina, Mizore, even Asuka, and KyoAni for this amazing work!

Someone who can take a good dicking. Buchou did well to convince the guys to try their best.

Is this a copy pasta?

Why aren't you triggering the sakuga SJWs?

twitter.com/Disgaeamad/status/794220796054999040

What if Kumiko has the flower hairpin but Kyoani will be ambiguous about it? Kumiko did reply ambiguously to Asakua's boyfriend remark.

Because you're a retarded faggot that thinks every board raids like Sup Forums.

I'm in love.

faggot lover!

time for the ending
so I need to make a note that to Asuka is Natsuki's "Reina". Like everytime Natsuki calls Asuka tokubetsu, it's out of respect and admiration, not a snarky comment. The relationship chart gets so confusing by the third volume. Anyway, the only thing I have against this novel is that Asuka's drama with her mom isn't actually resolved by the end of it, I think they just have Asuka defy her mom and they leave it at that. Personally it's probably for the better since less drama is always great. So lets fast forward to Nationals and really hope I did not skip something. They do their best but they get fucking copper and everyone breaks down into treats. It's a sad scene but everyone eventually leaves the concert hall. Haruka is still crying so she can barely give them a pep speech so Asuka does it. And she tells them that she isn't Haruka so she's not going to accept the fact that they didn't get gold and that next year, they're going to have to try twice as hard since she wont be around. Asuka never actually sees her dad, but Taki sensei comes up to Asuka and tells her that he has a message from Saitou-san (I'm going to assume this is his name for now, my fingers are tired) who he was talking to since they're old friends. He also gives him the report card, which has a C on it (A B C is gold silver copper etc). Taki tells Asukas the message which is "thank you for making it here, you played beautifully". Taki sensei doesn't know this is her dad so he points points out that it's quite rare for Saitou san to personally congratulate someone. Asuka at this point is just trying not to cry but her poker face is absolutely shattered. She doesn't cry though, she just gives her usual Asuka smile, but this time it's a genuine smile. This skips to graduation where Asuka gives Kumiko her dad's music book saying she won't need it anymore. One of the songs is titled Hibike! Euphonium.

Supreme taste, my nigga.
Both Bassoons are top-tier.
>Copper
I know Bronze is shit-tier and all, but the fact that they made it to Nationals at all is pretty good right? They went from a no-name program, to a program that is capable of making it to the Nationals in 6 months.

Wonder how many of them hate competitions after that. :^)

You think talented students will be attracted to Kitauji after they make it to Nationals.

Your school can't survive on one program.

That's like saying MIT or Stanford candidates would look at Arizona State because their Sociology program gained notoriety.

So aren't there any other musical clubs on Kitauji?
There are also plenty of piano, violin, cello, etc... competitions, and they seem to be far more affordable than a concert band.

That's a poor analogy considering aspiring grads do exactly pick schools just for one lab or professor.

Yes, but you can't have a show on every club.

There probably are but what's the point of showing them?

Well they're more interesting instruments.

Next year they get Nozomi back and add some new first years who are good

WE GONNA WIN THAT NATIONALS

Id like a sequel to Hibike yo focus on the restructuring of Kitauji band. Maybe have a new MC. A talented freshman who sees how far they reached last year. Kumiko Sempai

Nozomi is already back as part of Monaca. Ribbons and Natsuki are Pres and VP

It's not hard. Band was mandatory in grade 7 where I went to school and most people were able to memorize songs within a month even at that age.

Yeah but next year Nozomi will definitely pass auditions and make the main band

Hazuki will probably still be team Monaco though

There are other shows about violin and piano, why watch a concert band show and then complain why it's about concert band?

Is there a restriction on the number of tubas? Riko and Gotou isnt going anywhere next year

>Nozomi and Mizore make up and are friends again
>Mizore doesn't care about Ribbons anymore
>No interactions at all this episode
Why is reality so cruel?

This outrageous body is wasted on a lesbian.

Hazuki will get good. Shuiichi will be new trombone section leader. Gotoh or Natsuki for Bass section Leader.

>Mizore doesn't care about Ribbons anymore
I'm not sure if you're retarded or slept through that episode.

Why would there be a restriction? Barely anyone wants to play tuba to begin with.

man I remember doing that stupid bob when playing the clarinet or flute

WHERES THE MUSIC
MAKE THEM PUSSIES SWEAT NOTES YOU DAMN JAPS

>more than 1/3 of the latest episode was the concert performance
>WHERES THE MUSIC GUISE

I find it funny that the show even got this right, but what does this look like in real life?

The bob is actually real? I thought that was the only weird part of the performance. Did anyone has actual footage of bands doing that?

>hibikekfags are people who never even went to a concert
Seems about right.

Because clearly a movement that minor were to be seen by literally everyone and not just those in the front row

*toot* *toot*

>2nd year
>section leader

It's gonna be twintails senpai. Also Shu is the least talented.

>all that reina bashing
I laughed

Isnt twin tails graduating?

So who'll be running the band next year? Natsuki, Yuko and Nozomi?

I just realized that both fagotts are going to graduate.

3rd year.

*quack* *quack*

>least talented
>seal didn't make it in
>he's one chair higher than twintails

He's a pretty okay player. And granted that it's his first year of playing trombone, I'd say he's actually doing pretty good.

But she looked good in ribbons
So just walk on in
She looked good in ribbons
So just walk on in

Tie a red, red, red, red, red, red ribbon
Love is a many splintered thing
Tie a red, red, red, red ribbon
Don't be afraid
Just walk on in

Blue ribbon means she's 2nd year currently. She'll be around next year.

>lol good job not cracking horns
>GOOD JOB NOT CRACKING HORNS
THIS holy fuck. It kills me to hear an awesome horn feature (which is all of them) killed by a cracked note.

And Reina really did kinda half-ass that solo.

Can you explain a bit of what a cracked note is or what it sounds like? Maybe an example?

Anyonen love how Midori is a completely different person on the contrabass?

Seriously though, this scene was beautiful. It's probably one of my favorite anime scenes.

Me.

Cant wait for the scene where Taki gives the message to Asuka from jer father.

It sounds a lot like when a prepubescent boy's voice breaks. It's due to the player's inability to acucurately make a jump in pitch, and the note resonates late, and off-pitch. Though, to be fair, the French horn is apparently pretty difficult to play.

Listen to this pile of shit (not the original audio): youtube.com/watch?v=cMdiYuzHVZ4

is she gonna win the knuckle-bowl?

cringe

Wow, that sounds pretty bad.

>Reina really did kinda half-ass that solo.
How is this supposed to work exactly?

I figure all of the music is played by a professional orchestra. I figure they wouldn't fuck up unless they were specifically told to in whatever way they were told.

Like, watching the video review, at what point are some of the things they pointed out just stylistic choices?

How is Taki-sensei in bed? I need to know.

They hired a high school band for realistic purpose, and additional professional players for some other stuff (ie the Reina vs Kaori, the big band PV, etc)

A bottom

Reina pls work on your lackluster solo instead.

Who would replace the fagotts once they graduate? What if there are no fagotts next year?

Mizore as section leader lol

Oh. That's cool. It seems like it'd be hard to work with though. I know they wouldn't exactly be amateurs, but you're still working with kids.

Supposedly it's a college band. But they should have been able to easily match Reina's previous solo if they wanted to, and how that scene was animated, it's hard to believe that solo was just overlooked. So it's definitely intentional, to show Reina's nervousness, whether it is because of the competition, or because she is playing for Kumiko.

It's not really that different from say, a competition. They just get a conductor to rehears them for a few weeks then record the whole thing in the studio.
All information you need to find is in here: vgmdb.net/album/52254
They'll just rearrange the pieces to not use the bassoons, either that or tell some other woodwind players to switch to bassoon.

They just wanted to make it different even though the first solo was already perfect. Probably got a more technical player and told him/her to make it better but ended being flat.

Hibike sequel new MC who joins Kitauji due to their effor to go to Nationals. Conflict is the find members to fill the roles the 4lthird years left. Assigning of section leaders.

Wasn't the last soloist already like one of the best trumpeters in the country.

I don't know anything about the musicians that were involved here.

Point is the solo was apparently that good to make Kumiko flash-back to the past specifically the part where Reina slid down her index finger towards Kumiko's lips of all things because Kyoani can't go on for a second without pandering to yurifags. And nobody even complained about her solo after the performance unless of course they mention it on the next episode.