YnS

Can any DJT fags explain why Yosuga no Sora was translated into Sky of Connection when the kanji translates to Edge of the Expanse / Brink of Emptiness ? I mean, where did the Connection part come from?

For everybody else, I guess its a Sora/imouto thread again.

Other urls found in this thread:

jisho.org/word/縁-3
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>縁の空
>isolated, we are bonded.
>bond = connection

>kanji
Except the title is written in katakana

You'll have to forgive me, I'm a chink so I just read the characters that I recognized.

>>縁の空

if we take each word individually:
縁 - brink, edge, hem
空 - space, sky, void, emptiness

how do we end up with >>isolated, we are bonded?

i don't know shit about japanese i just googled it.

sora for that kanji in Japan is almost always 'sky', in particular as a lone noun

which still doesnt make sense, since Sora's name uses the character 穹, whereas the one in the title uses 空.

also in Japanese, no precedes the noun being modified

watashi no pen, pen of me
x no sora, sky of x

Basically all my Google-fu tells me about 縁 is that it means some sort of bond or connection by fate or coincidence. I won't claim to know more about it than that. A few sources claim that applies to Japanese dictionary standards, so I'm inclined to believe that.

Where are you seeing the title in kanji? I've only ever seen it in katakana.

They both mean sky.

Also, since the title is written in katakana the chinese seem to have picked the first 2 kanji that matched the sound from a dictionary

That was incorrect usage by me, I shouldve said Hanzi since I was reading the chinese rendition of them.

Ah, if 縁 meant fate, then I can see what they were trying to get at. Mystery solved. Good work guys.

see also this shitty j->e dict jisho.org/word/縁-3

>jisho.org/word/縁-3
Yeah, looks like the japanese snuck in some extra subtext into the word. Sneaky nips.

kun readings are japanese words with kanji arbitrary-ish-ly assigned to them

The title can also be written as 因の空

It's really a 2deep puntastic title

see also: bakemono ga tari (monster is man) vs bakemono - monogatari (monstory)

I think everyone here knows that one by now

the ”ga tari” part took me a while, I was shocked

That's not quite the same since Bake does have an actual kanji title (化物語), unlike YnS which only has a phonetic title that can be written in different ways with multiple meanins, many of the related to the story

true

fucking less used kanji readings and shit

IT'S FUCKING MAGIC

>mfw blatantly wrong furigana that's supposed to be "deep" and "meaningful".
The bane of every translator's existence.

90% of the time it's just 'bsckwards'; the kanji is the 'meaning reading' of the kana

Well, there is a reason why even japs have trouble reading Nasu

Do we have a non-sample of this image yet?

Much thanks.