Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dWaB5CZLkzs
youtube.com/watch?v=Tt_gYZI6n_M
youtube.com/watch?v=h7I23ruLiRg
spinybackmanga.com/?manga=Tough
youtube.com/watch?v=IaqfXeqEq6o
natalie.mu/comic/pp/tokiwakitareri
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Still think that Chinese girl was better than main girl.

Million times this.

Loyal thirsty talented big titty china was so vastly superior that it should have just been like right at the end "Actually, I married Renka! Can you believe it?"

Then it shows actually retarded Mio raising cats and being TOTALLY FINE WITH THAT.

Strong start.
With a very bad middle.
I never finished it so I can't say anything about the end.
The drop in quality is not a surprise for most shounen series, still in this one it was pretty significant.

At the very least at the end Kenichi was still just some kid with massive heart, no hidden bloodline, reincarnation, or super talent. Just some kid who picked the right Gym that alone puts it better than most shounen.

Started out great, and then lost it in the middle and turned to shit at the end.

First arc was absolutely fantastic. Everything after kenichi broke that faggot's spine was meh to bad tier.

It needs a sequel that fixed the unresolved plot strings.

I would fuck him.
Full homo

This and Teppu are the greatest martial art manga of all time. DBZ a shit.

One thing that bothered me about Kenichi was that they never really got into grappling. The big Judoka that played a bigger role in the beginning probably could've wrecked almost everyone else irl. Same for the Russian Sambo fighter, who for some reason didn't grapple.

she was just so goddamn, UNF!

and you know it's not really the fact that best girl loses that gets me down, but why does it always have to be to some bland, annoying saccharine sweet retard moe

Unbelievably bad even for a generic battle shounen. It deserved to be cancelled.

That's objectively wrong.

it was going pretty good up to the battle continent colosseum fighting torunament shit, but as soon as that finished it just started getting worse and worse, up until the rushed ending

started off a little ecchi but ended up whoring out that weapons chick
Also started off somewhat grounded in reality but then they went the whole martial art superpower route

read holyland if you want a good fighting manga

he had great masters though.

This. Kenichi was one of the very few manga where the MC wasn't an overpowered super special snowflake chosen one. He didn't have talent from start to finish and if the tiniest overconfidence lead to his loss.

This could have been so great if the whole thing didn't become a wuxia during the Yami arc.

I read 80 or something chapters worth of Holyland and it was really really gay. I swear the street fighting was just a cover.

maybe he was referring to the realism (atleast in the technical stuff)

Started out ok. Then turn cringy since they push FRIENDSHIP tipical shounen manga.

Odin was one of the worst villains Ive ever seen

A timeskip might have saved it.

>tfw your old manga was cancelled
>tfw you just want to continue writing your old manga
>tfw you just export your old characters into your new manga

boner fuel

The mascot pet thing was a mistake.

youtube.com/watch?v=dWaB5CZLkzs
On level of drunken master.

>Kenichi
The premise of the manga can not sustain prolonged reading, however if you power through it in chunks its fairly good.

the manga is full retarded, it ups the ante so often that by the end you just wonder what asspull is going to save them this time, but it remains fun.

the people who said it gets worse... it doesn't, it stayed just as good from beginning to end, but we all wanted something more after what... 600 fuckin chapters?

if you want to read this, its a read it over the coarse of a few days, the weekly nature of it made it shitty, and there are thankfully no horrible plot points that stick around.

Why on earth would I read fiction for realism when I can have that by joining up a gym?

You should stop going to tumblr.

Funny that you made a thread about Kenichi because I was just thinking a hour ago about Sebastian.

I was disappointed that they didn't have the balls to kill of the 2 characters that should really be dead
Apachai wasn't even that important, his death would be sad but thats it.
Supergramps was so close to the end that iy really wouldn't matter if he died when he literally exploded.
Looking back I really don't know why I read the whole thing. Titties are nice but i'm not the sort of person to read it just for that, sad panda exists for a reason.

Takeda was the best supporting character in the series next to our boy Sieg-friend.
Hongo was the best master
Miu a shit

Ending felt rushed, but I liked the ride

I absolutely love the way Kenichi's muscles developed gradually.

>That time when the tits had a somewhat moderate size.
Considering he is suppose to be talentless, his progress still was too fast. All the other Yomi guys trained since they where little and put at least the same amount of effort into it.
When did he start training again? one year? Two years ago?

I really wish martial arts with weapons was never introduced. God fucking damn that enitre arc with the weapons martial artists 7 masters was an absolute shitshow, too many faggy new characters with some stupid gimmicky ass weapons. Got to the point where every arc had a new bunch of dipshits with dumb gimmicks that I was somehow supposed to remember the name of.

Still don't know if mangaka decided to end the series or canceled.

I liked the second OP more.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tt_gYZI6n_M

Canceled, because of some stupid marketing scheme.

OVA tv version opening is the best youtube.com/watch?v=h7I23ruLiRg

Went to shit after it started going more ecchi less comedy (around the onsen scene a couple volumes in).

Decent up until Kenichi beat his rival with black and white hair. After that, the manga should have ended because it dragged on for too long.

>he never fucked shigure

dude you could have had the most assblastingly erotic teacher-student relationship there is

this, also the whole craptalk with how weapons dont make you better than barehanded fighters

like dude, thats why fucking ancient humans invented weapons in the first place, to have leverage

Will the mangaka revisit this series? Seems like the current trend if they can't come up with a hit on a new series.

Was pretty alright, has it moments, low payoff at the end.

>When did he start training again? one year? Two years ago?
My biggest criticism of this is that they get away with this midway/late into the series by doing training that "risks his life" to justify how quickly he catches up to stronger threats.

Hell if anything the villains (whatever their group was called) should be far more okay doing those deadly trainings since I believe Kensei didn't give a shit about consequences.

That and the weapons parts where pretty stupid given Kenichi has only one weapon master and he doesn't even train with her all that much anyway.

>grappling
spinybackmanga.com/?manga=Tough

He's tweeted that he'd like to go back to drawing Kenichi one day, but right now he's busy with his new series.

Cancelled because the editor made some stupid shit.

That editor was fired.

I'm still mad, but Tokiwa is pretty great and his art is better than ever

youtube.com/watch?v=IaqfXeqEq6o

Very strong opening. Then art started to get better but the plot got worse. By the end it was just a shitfest that I didnt care about.

It was one of my favorites way back in the day but it just lost my interest cause the plot wasnt that great.

Really makes me sad since I liked the characters. Shigure was best girl and shouldve claimed Kenichi as her own.

What exactly did the Editor do?

He tought that it would be a great idea to start 55 (or was it 50?) new series in Shonen Sunday and its sister magazines for their 55th anniversary. In order the achieve that the axed a bunch of series to make room for the new stuff.

That certainly sounds stupid enough to be true.

It's because Sunday's sales have been declining way too fast, they're nearing 390k or so weekly when they had a million 10 years ago.

Found the source. natalie.mu/comic/pp/tokiwakitareri

At least they finally went digital. I'm not sure if it's going to save them, but it's easier for me now to read the magazine.

I've read it only for Shigure.
I didn't gave a shit about anything else.

Dem big tits

>There are only scans of ONE out of the 4+ doujin series involving her getting rekt by dick

WHY LIVE

Went downhill hard after the Ragnarok arc.

Ragnarok arc was when it started going from believable martial arts apart from the masters to literal super powers but the Ragnarok climax was amazing to make up for it. Everything after that was just disappointing.

Hermit was the coolest motherfucker alive.

>Liked Miyu's design
>She was fucking awful and the series would have been strictly better had she never existed

It has serious flaws but its still my favorite shounen manga

Also this

It was filled with bros and general fun.

Seigfried and alien still make me chuckle.

Wasn't one of the last arcs just shigure captured and naked the entire time?

That and the story of Miu's parents.

That is subjective correct

May Editor-kun never work in the industry again.
Also may Syun bring back Sham, Chikage, Hartini, Honoka and others with best bodies in Tokiwa Kitareri.

It had a great start and good characters, but the pacing was atrocious and the fanservice ramped up to ridiculous levels by the end.

Pic Related was the best girl; Sunglasses guy was the best Master; Edward Farminghands and Salary Man were the best side characters.

Edward will never be reunited with his beloved sword.

He found his ho though.

Even when Kenichi started going down i still loved that shit.
Hows the new series doing?
Are translations dead?

Translations are dead, unfortunately. The series itself had a rough start in no due part to the fact that it felt like three different One-Shots merging into the same universe and outside of two characters, the fanservice is... Oddly subdued.

>grappling
hard to draw, and it's not so good in big brawls so ends up being uncommon in manga

I liked that one of the unimportant side-characters ended up getting his own harem.

Complete with a reverse-trap.

>a reverse-trap.
Who was secretly the true best girl

Iknowrite? I liked the brown-skinned girl with the polearm too.

her fight with the russian dude with the wires that slowly cut her clothes was the best
kenichi's girls are second tier compared to judoguy harem

Well the strong start has in large part to do with that part being written before in a monthly magazine so he knew where to improve it.

I like how the brown sexy people ended up together at the end

Shigure A BEST.

Still sort of funny a series that began in a semi-grounded fashion of some nerd who picked up martial arts and learned a few basic tricks that let him beat up local bullies became a shounen powerlevel fest.

She switched over to takeda though.
I have no idea how the judo guy got a harem like that though, he wasn't even relevant half of the time.

It was fine. I've read lots of mindless shounen action. Kenichi was more of the same.

I'm the odd man out. I still don't know why so many people fucking love the beginning parts/Ragnarok arc. For me that was the suckiest part of the manga.

I mean, people talk like it was always a fighting/battle shounen, but it was more like KHReborn or similar faire where Kenichi started off as a gag/parody manga and then only at the VERY end of Ragnarok did it drop that and embrace its battle shounen identity, which is what I'd been fucking waiting for. The realistic martial arts parts are terrible, because even in the Ragnarok arc the strongest people had superpowers and I kept waiting for the fighting/techniques to "get serious". It only really starts getting good, and the art and fanservice if you like those parts also start to get good, once you get to the Yomi arc.

Odin remains the absolute worst "arc boss" in the history of battle shounens. "You were my best friend when I was a kindhearted, twinky literal 6-year old. But you got the pog I wanted when I got my first boner so I DEDICATED MY LIFE TO LEARNING ASSASINATION MARTIAL ARTS AND SWORE BY THE 7,000,000 GODS TO DESTROY YOU FOR THIS SLIGHT TO MY HONOR!!! MY WHOLE LIFE (I decided this at age 6) WOULD BE DEDICTED TO YOUR DEMISEEE!!11"

I don't really remember Kenichi losing much. Didn't he fight special snowflakes and win?

Him being "not special" doesn't count for much if he kicks the ass of special snowflakes.

So he's the anti-flake?

Ending arc was just bad. I don't mind ecchi, but it got ridiculous.

>complaining about naked chicks

user, you gay?

No, it's just what happens when authors shallowly copy shounen manga memes. They try and make MC be a hard worker and not talented, but then they make him stronger way too fast or reveal he had super-powers all along.

Undermining their own meme. Happens all the time.

I can relate to odin
not getting the pog you want is the worst~

No, authors realize that drawing hard work is too much work.

I still enjoyed it

Wow.

I loved this, but it began to suck so much I forgot I was reading it, forgot I dropped it and forgot it existed.

Last thing I remember was Kenichi thinking his Muy Thai master died but he didn't and I vaguely recall them encountering some bullshit with some faggot who had the female lead's powerset and a tournament.

Did it get any better?

>I don't really remember Kenichi losing much
he lost plenty of times tho
the pattern was

>meet new guy
>lose to new guy
>train harder
>win against new guy

>make him stronger way too fast
Would you guys really prefer to have even more training arcs? A manga entirely about training arcs?
Once he is becomes a live-in disciple the idea is he is training for every single moment of his life outside of school and other duties.

None of the other characters in the manga are shown to be like that.

Ah. It's been so long that I've forgotten the pattern. May be time to for a re-read.

If an enemy is too strong, have a stronger ally handle it. Or take it in a team. I'm sure power levels can be paced in a way that keeps the idea that MC is an untalented hard worker.

>I'm sure power levels can be paced in a way that keeps the idea that MC is an untalented hard worker.

I can't imagine that ever happening to be honest. It's just not realistic to have hard work beat talent without the talent guy just being some fag who never trains ever.

THICC