Izetta

>next time: the battle of sognefjord
So Himesama and Izetta are heading to Norway?

Other urls found in this thread:

bato.to/comic/_/comics/shuumatsu-no-izetta-r20128
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fine gets to fly with izetta again
>this time while not bleeding to death
she must be happy

It can't be comfortable sitting on a rifle for hours

Izetta should be used to it. Fine's royal anus is gonna get wrecked though.

>h-hime-sama... you're r-reaching my womb...

it has a seat attached

Is this yuri?

RIP JONAS

As long as it doesn't end in tragedy, I'm fine if it stays yuri bait

he died as he lived: for the sake of his country

>travelling south to find a mediterranean port to (ostensibly) travel by boat to a british settlement in north africa and then fly from there to britain
>are somehow going to wind up in norway after that

That's quite a trip.

>only thing deterring a massive, expansionist empire on your border from annexing you is a magical superweapon located in your capital
>send it off to fucking england, a several month trip where she'll be stuck on a boat and unable to use magic for most of it
>reveal her in england so that your enemies know that she's too far away from her homeland to protect it
Fine is dumb

Subtext is not bait.

Izetta did say that she went on a trip with her grandmother on the same route she and Fine are now taking. Im guessing they're only going to travel where the magic underground roots are near?

It feels strange to have my country come up in anime. Usually if the Nips so much as mention a Nordic country, it'll be either Finland or some made-up Scandinavian superstate. I wonder what they'll name !Norway?

>I wonder what they'll name !Norway?
maybe sognefjord is the name of entire norway

>Im guessing they're only going to travel where the magic underground roots are near?
If they did that, there'd be no reason to go by boat or play and the trip would take hours and not weeks.

The route that Izetta knows is to the mediterranean. Once they reach the coast, they're boarding a boat

They're going to find some sort of magical nexus in Britain that allows instant teleportation. Screencap this post.

>Fine is dumb
She is, but Yoshino will protect her image by making the Germanians even dumber so they won't attack Eylstadt while the witch is absent.

How are they going to conquer the world if they don't leave Eylstadt?

>came home after the long trip
>the capital is no more
Izetta can just start murdering everyone to take back the capital

>britain
>any magic left
The fairies are dead, man. Let it go.

>take back
They could just raze the damn thing. The Yourmans want a trade route to Italy, not the pie shop.

By making little izettas the send them out all over the world, this should be a long term project

They named the entirety of the US after Atlanta, so that wouldn't be too far-fetched.

>I shall snap Otto's new fangs in half.

The Germans are obviously going to show off their own new super weapon next episode.

Fine and Izetta are very conveniently going away while the Germans are focused on R&D. We'll get a several month timeskip to show the Germans finishing their weapon while Fine and Izetta travelled.

No, this show is dumb. You should've realised that from episode 1.

>implying the germans don't have a witch of their own
The whole section 9 thing was just setting up for the big reveal of the german witch.

We can only hope. I can't stand any more boring fights with Izetta effortlessly destroying lame CGI planes/tanks.

Is she subconsciously using some secret inner spirit magic to contain her boobs?

BEHOLD THE GREATNESS OF ATLANTA

She's just embarrassed because her self-esteem level is of -10.

Pic related is literally the only reason Elystadt is still standing

He needs a hair cut.

Æ'rre på tide med Norge ell?

What kind of doujins do you expect from this show?

>implying
It's all thanks to the witch's wrath.

>master1200
Commit suicide.

>fine x izetta
>fine x bianca
>berkman x rickert

Is this why Jonas had to die?

>Implying "Muh Fine-sama!" cares about the country

Izetta and Seig do all the heavy lifting while Fine gets all the glory

Maybe they wouldn't be so invasion-happy if they had some really good pie.

faceless germans x izetta
faceless germans x fine

Because he was a true patriot

>be Jonas
>learn Izetta's secret
>get shot
This is a great way to make up for that shitty writing of the last episode, assuming that he didn't actually blurt it out without us hearing that (or already told someone else entirely), that is.
It's not like Bergmann won't figure it out, anyway.

Izetta's "no matter what" is totally different than Sieg's though.

>Izetta intervenes in the Allied invasion of Casablanca and saves General Patton, securing USA's support for Istat.
>Isetta travels to Norway and discovers the witch conclave who reveals powerful techniques which are eventually used to fight off invasions in the Winter War
>Izetta instant teleports to Istat to save it from a new invasion.
>Fine deploys Izetta in the Sicily campaign to link up with Allied forces
>the primary invasion route into Germany is through Istat instead of Normandy

Somebody make it happen.

Having long hair is part of being a secret german prettyboy.

It would have been better if Sieg never blurted out Izetta' secret for the world to hear in the first place. That was beyond retarded and killing off Jonas is little consolation.

You can't have a keikaku doori bishounen character who will entertain a top secret closed door meeting out in the open. It was beyond stupid. Someone of his authority would have typically told that grandpa general to wait for for him to file the official report in a week or to wait until the next security council meeting, with a gesture of two middle fingers.

Of course, the open-air secret confidential meeting was beyond retarded and that can't really be completely rectified. But the Germanian spy obtaining the secret and then phoning it home would have been even worse.
I guess I am saying, "at least it didn't get THAT retarded."

>United States of Atlanta
Almost as bad as Gracemeria

>This is a great way to make up for that shitty writing of the last episode
But it's the exact reason the writing was shitty in the first place. They obviously wanted Sieg to do some dirty shit and had to contrive some scenario for it to happen.

Jonas probably wrote a letter about it.

You do not fear the might of Atlanta?

I'll keep the stuff organized here from now on.

bato.to/comic/_/comics/shuumatsu-no-izetta-r20128

>But the Germanian spy obtaining the secret and then phoning it home would have been even worse.
I don't know. If Germania learned the secret, at least the plot could finally move forward. Killing off Jonas before he can reveal it feels like this whole thing wasn't just bad writing but also pointless.

The next episode will determine if the writers are competent or not. They've already wasted too much airtime these past two episodes.

> They obviously wanted Sieg to do some dirty shit
For what purpose? To give him some characterization, to show that war is bad m'kay? If it's to make him seem suspicious, isn't he shady as is? Pretty sure that there was speculation of him being a double agent. Him not having relayed Izetta's secretalready for reasons could be possible.
Or a diary, but it didn't seem like he intended to let anyone else know. "I'm going to think about it more", as he said.

The spy definitely would be able to escape and report back to Berckam to confirm she does have a weakness.

>The next episode will determine if the writers are competent or not.
I can tell you this now: they are not.

If anything, Beckham could probably infer what the secret was from the spy's report.

This episode all but confirmed their priorities are not on the 'war drama' aspect of the show, but the next episode determines whether or not I will personally continue to give a shit about the plot.

The point of the plot arc was to show the average viewer (SoL moe~moe~ /u/rifag) that war is not black and white and good people in this show are going to die unfairly. Except it comes away as throwing out a likable grunt character who should have been smart enough to just shut the fuck up.

Now the writers have to introduce another Jonas to relate the viewer to the war on the ground, or ignore the ground war. And seeing as how heavily the show is leaning towards a y/u/ri heavy cast, the latter is the likely probability.

Its not necessarily an incorrect decision, as they've established at this point that Panzer IIIs are mook tier for Izetta and that the war will be decided in the air.

>Jonas
>likeable
Let's not go too far.

What was he even going to do after this if he got the info he wanted?

He now has to explain why somebody that he was conveniently alone in the woods with was shot to death and then somehow leave his post in the middle of nowhere to go and relay the info back.

Why didn't he just keep going trying to win his trust? If he really wanted to kill him later he could have killed him during combat so it was much less suspicious.

He had a family, he shot at the enemy, he generally showed no remorse about shooting at the enemy to protect his family, and he didn't give any verbal spiel about >muh morality bullshit like a typically badly written anime soldier guy. So consider him barely likeable.

>to show the average viewer (SoL moe~moe~ /u/rifag)
I would expect everyone to understand that already, SoL/yurifag or not. But I guess if they didn't show something like this, they might get accusations of the show being too black/white.
Have we seen anything that makes Germanians likeable or relatable? Now that you bring this up, I suppose that's what they're doing with Rickert?

Timing. Izetta ended two offensive drives into the country, and the Krauts have no real clue about how to counter the witch threat without squandering huge amounts of resources which are desperately needed elsewhere in the war theater. Learning her weakness could lead to outright victory in the next offensive, and the Krauts need that supply line to Italy up and running to stop Patton and Monty from overrunning South Africa.

He's trying to cover up his own fuckup; you can't really do that without a fuckup to cover up.

The vast majority of the characters are just doing their duty. There are only three unlikable characters from Germany - Hitler, General Champagne, and the Man with the Golden Gun.

Right, but if you see some characters that do everything without questioning it, and then a few who are a bit "hurr I'm evil for evil's sake", but no good guys: what impression will be left in the viewer's eyes of Germania as a whole?

He was a cipher hobbled together with cliche sympathetic traits in the hopes that the audience would feel bad when he died. There's nothing to like about a character like that.

Its a militant country which is expanding militarily and isn't keen on the idea of leaving peaceful countries alone. Thats really all the viewer needs to know. Having them invade the peaceful country of /u/ only compels the average viewer to lean heavily towards the Izetta side out of bias for Izetta's Izettas.

You're allowed to like cliches every once in a while.

All the characters are clinched and one-dimensional. Not even Izetta and Fine show much depth.

But as minor characters go, Jonas was more likeable than Hans, and if he had to die, I would have preferred if he did so in a situation that didn't involve so much shitty writing.

Why does this piece of art look so gay? There's been nothing even close to this in the show.

>There's been nothing even close to this in the show.

This is Fine with her lovely wife, Izetta.

In the show Fine almost never blushes, so even when she holds Izetta like it doesn't look as gay as in your pic.

Its smart though if while fine is gone they surrender the country.
Given Izetta's limitations and the limitations of the conventional military, it would be easier to retake the country from the outside than try to hold it.

You will get your blushes soon enough.

As expected of an American.

Yeah no, I don't think so.

Fine has a cult of personality so thats not happening. Its more likely for Fine to marry Prince Whatever and have her country formally join the Empire of Britannia, although I don't see that happening either.

>Its smart though if while fine is gone they surrender the country.
It's because it's smart that's not gonna happen. Yoshino will just come up with some bullshit explanation as to why the Germs didn't attack while the witch was gone.

>giving your enemy a million hostages
>smart
>giving your enemy access to all your infrastructure/resources/manufacturing ability
>smart
>having to destroy all that if you want to win your country back
>smart

They obviously have no idea of the kind of destruction the Huns can inflict on a given country. The smartest decision would have been to acquiesce to Hitler's demands, become a Vichy state, and exile the nobility. Hell, the story starts with the dumbest decisionmaking from the very first episode - trying to involve the British after they just left Dunkirk and are themselves preparing to fend off a major invasion across the channel.

Its the Kingdom of Nazis, not ISIS.

Although they did not do so intentionally, in the end that is how lots of the small countries like Poland, Czechoslovakia, Denmark, Norway, and the Netherlands survived. Poland sent her navy to England a week before Germany invaded and also the secret of how to break the three rotor Enigma code. The Dutch also sent all their ships that could be made to sail away. Norway surrendered after the royal family and much of the Navy escaped to England.

What are the chances of Izetta doing something morally ambiguous like the firebombing of Dresden?

if fine gets seriously wounded, 90%

Consciously? None unless Fine was captured by Hitler and hes somehow streaming their wedding night in his dungeon chamber live across the universe.

Izetta probably has a berserk mode, though.

There's already hints that Izetta has a "berserk" mode or some sort of additional power she can't control. So I'd say chances are good once there's some event that tips her over the edge.

She was a child back then, and that was the reason she was traveling with her grandmother. Right now she probably wouldn't lose control unless Fine gets seriously hurt.

She almost certainly lost control before she was captured.

>What are the chances of Izetta doing something morally ambiguous like the firebombing of Dresden?
Sieg's the character that's gonna do morally questionable things for his cause. Not even Yoshino would be stupid enough to make Izetta rehash Sieg's character conflict.

Izetta's deal is her lack of self-esteem. When she says she'll save Eylstadt "no matter what" it means she would sacrifice even her life for their sake, because she doesn't think her life has any value.

Izetta's "no matter what" doesn't mean the same thing as Seig's.

That's just speculation.

A salute for private Jonas. ;_;