Cornucopia of Resources / Guide

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Make sure to do the rightful and have the guide read by you before asking questions.
djtguide.neocities.org/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.jp/#q="ってことだけさ"&start=10
guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/compound
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Post more anime girls infront of PC

Nice OP.

Damn you OP

I'm not sure I understand why it's like this.
なんでこうならないといけないはちょっと分からない。

google.co.jp/#q="ってことだけさ"&start=10
There seems to be a lot of examples similar the sentence I typed earlier.
私の文と同じく例文があると思うけど:
(which was :
>心配しないで、女の子に変化してるってことだけさ)

>○○は、 ○○が、 の部分が無いとダメね
Could you or someone explain to me why だけ is wrong to use here please?

Sweet op

I just finished all 6k of the cards in the 6k deck and want to move onto the 10k. Is there any way to combine them or do I have to individually parse each missing card and add them manually to the deck I'm using?

Jesus. Go fucking read and mine already you hopeless drone

They should use the same ordering, so just export the 10k to txt, get rid of the first 6k and import the rest back to your 6k deck.

I've been too busy to do that, so I was gonna wait until I start my job in Sapporo in December since I'll be in a kanji filled environment.

Alright, that doesn't sound too bad. Thanks for the help, 先輩.

It's been asked before (by myself and others), yes it's possible and easy to do, if you take a look at the archives you should be able to find the posts.

From what I remember, I basically added core10k to my anki, by default it's already cut in 2 parts, the core6k part and the 4k left. In your anki collection you can easily cut the said 4k and paste them into your core6k deck. Only thing you need be careful about are the fields, they need to all match perfectly.

Now if you want my opinion : I regret having added core10k, it's just slowed me down. I still plan on finishing it anyway (to forge a complete opinion on the experience, to learn from my error and because I like to finish what I start) but I wouldn't recommend anyone to do so. READ and mine.

>spend a long time studying grammar
>go read
>still find details or things that to my knowledge shouldn't be there/that way
I sometimes wish I'd never been born at all.

How would that solve your problem?

Just wish you'd been born Japanese instead.

Not being born solves all problems

Is Little Busters good? I see it's pretty high up on vndb

Nah. And vndb is an EOP site of people who can't read Japanese for the most part.

Yeah I loved it, probably number 2 or 3 out of all that I've read

Can't we have a thread without memes for once? Are you incapable of that?

Having a thread without memes is a meme in itself

Are there any good test sites for grammar?

What does it mean when a character adds "り" after the "かった" when using i-adjectives? For example, when a character says something like "どこか痛かったり、気持ち悪かったりはしない ?" I get what they are trying to say, but I don't know what the purpose of "り" is.

Why don't you read Tae Kim like it's recommended you fucking retard?

I already did. I tried going back to the section on i-adjectives, but I couldn't find the information I was looking for in regards to to it.

reminder that manga isn't literature
and vn isn't actually reading practice

guidetojapanese.org/learn/grammar/compound

look for compound sentences

You could always just go on google and search "かったり grammar" or some shit, you'll have to do it a lot so might as well get used to it

Is anything anything?

Not even him, but I wish people had to pass a test to prove they aren't completely rotten inside before posting in this general. Some of you people are the lowest of humans.

>and vn isn't actually reading practice
plus vns aren't even actually games either

instead of being both, they are neither
how ironic

useless cunt

>this samefagging to shill your own post
I think I found an even lesser human

Again: Get any part of the word wrong. Forgot it completely, got the meaning or pronunciation wrong.
Hard: Took 15+ seconds to get. Or was strongly tossing up between multiple words in my head and it was really a game of multiple choice that ended in the correct guess.
Good: Regular answer.
Easy: Shouldn't have any trouble remembering it in the future.

You don't really want to mash the hard button on everything. It's nice in the short term but it tanks the card's ease which means it'll never disappear and you'll be doing 10,000 reviews a day.

What the hell are you on about? The bottom of that page explains ~たり, although he doesn't mention that it can be used for adjectives as well.

Nice schizophrenia.
Do you really think that the idea of multiple people exposing your brain damage is this weird? Or even impossible?
Don't get me wrong but you should really seek help. Urgently.

Why is Anki so fun?

I think doing my reps is my favorite thing to do during the day.

your life must be great

New Cards:
Good: First time you are presented the card or regular answer.
Easy: When you correctly guess reading and meaning the first time you see the card.

TK only talks about verbs which means the guy seeking help has probably been there already. In his question he specifically mentions his doubt is about i-adjectives.
People sperging out like or that passive aggressive retard who linked tae kim (which doesn't even address his doubt btw) are just terrible.

We are learning a language. People are going to have doubts. If you, high and mighty, judge other people's questions to be unworthy of your attention, then just don't fucking post instead of posting for the sake of being an asshole and nothing else.

Come back when you've been studying for more than a month

To everyone his own, user.

Some people would not enjoy it at all, but it's totally okay that you do. Just keep in mind people may get hostile to your attitude.

I love it too. There is no better feel than seeing your pie chart get more green from week to week and looking at your stats in general.

I wouldn't call it fun, but it feels good to score +95% right.

They are unworthy of attention if they're covered in well known sources. In this case, anyone who has thoroughly read TK will know about putting verbs in the past tense and sticking a り on the end to make compound sentences.

It should make perfect sense that it can also be used with adjectives in past tense, and if he's unsure he can use the DoJG, also in the OP.

Sometimes if I remember the reading but not the meaning, I will close my eyes and listen to the sentence when I press space. If I can get the meaning right from the context then it gets a hard, but only if the gap will be less than one month.

Come back after you've done it for a month

I've been doing it for over a year, Forever N5-kun.

Ouch, that's quite the ravaged ass there, user.

I'm going to pass N5 this time

>100% listening comprehension on ero-anime
Not my end goal but still pretty nice.

I don't think I've even got 100% listening comprehension on SoL anime and I've been reading for nearly 2 years

>not perfect listening comprehension
>been reading for 2 years
>reading
do you see the problem here?

Thanks user. I added ひとりぼっちの○○生活 to the CoR.

Yes, I just wish myself 2 years ago also saw the problem

life is slowly improving

That doesn't look like much of an improvement

If you read for 89 minutes instead you'd be better at japanese.

Why do you have that many cards per day? Don't you have any mature cards that you only need to do every month or two?

Are there any good sites for Japanese radio streams?

Because 6k words in 3 months and now only mining. Also about half the time (~200 cards) is audio sentences.

>Japanese

Tfw I can't find anything interesting to read or listen.

What are you even trying to say?

I don't think it was that hard to understand. But if you want me to phrase it more as a direct answer:

Yes, I have around 4.2k mature cards. But mature cards aren't what determine how many cards you do a day. The reason I have so many cards a day is because I also have over 2k young cards.

Carry on, user. Carry on. Because Japanese is all that matters.

I'm talking about the second reply.

>no subject
Honestly user, it's not that hard.

I'm really glad I decided to actually study the kanji radicals. It makes memorizing kanji a lot easier. IMO the radical route should be emphasized more in the startup guide.

Literally impossible. I'm sure there's at least one anime series you're interested in.

Anime's for fags

I think I agree, but maybe the official "kangxi" radicals aren't the best set to go with for our purposes. They miss out quite a lot of common shapes while emphasizing others which you will hardly ever see.

He says while posting a cute anime character.

Got a recommendation for a different set?

There is. But I would rather read something as a practice.

Read the manga/LN of the anime

I studied radicals and I didn't really get why it was supposed to be important. You don't need to know the radicals' names, and the meanings rarely matter as so many kanji seems to have quite random radicals.
If it was about the shapes, then I don't know. You learn the shapes just by learning kanji.

I have thought of going through RTK or KKLC and compiling 200 or so of their radicals into a list, but I guess I'm past the stage where it would be worth it

>cute
Debatable

Are you gay?

I think a lot of the Kanji make sense when you know the meaning of the radicals, even if they didn't I think knowing the radicals would still help with recognition because it helps you break down the complicated Kanji into digestible pieces.

As for learning the shapes of the radicals just by learning the kanji, maybe I'm just stupid or something, but when I tried this my mind would just go blank looking at any Kanji made up of more than 4 or 5 radicals and I would have to really strain to focus on analyzing it. What's the point of doing it the hard way if you can just study the radicals on their own as well?

How is this not cute?

That's just autistic

Life is hard.

You're autistic

good thing the kangxi radicals deck in the CoR doesn't constrain itself to the "official" set

alright, I have kana down pretty much, and now I want to go on and learn vocab, grammar, and of course kanji. I plan on learning kanji just by vocab, and also studying radicals. I am also kind of confused on how to study grammar. So, my two questions are, do I need to grind through kanji radicals first or can I learn radicals alongside kanji and vocab?
and also how should I go about studying grammar alongside vocabulary, should I just spend like 30 minutes reading kim's grammar guide and then do my anki reps or something like that?

Read and write memos from the book. I don't know any better way to learn grammar than writing up example sentences.

radicals are optional, not really needed
always begin your day by doing your reps before anything else (at 20 new cards a day/unlimited reviews), afterwards do whatever. it is recommended that you don't take longer for tae kim than a month, just read through it and don't worry too much about it sticking you will be back looking up stuff from it as you start reading anyways

Make the 街 great again.

町*

1 b
2 a
3 c
4 e
5 d

Honestly I don't know what all the options mean and if it makes any sense.
What's the solution?

e,a,d,b,c
ez didn't even read half of it

What N is that?

Seeing shit like this makes me realise that just reading a lot really isn't good enough

1/5, see:
What's the hardest japanese thing you've read? I'm curious. Got all the answers right but I was revising before.
N1

>N1
Ah, that makes me feel a bit better about it then

What's that screenshot from? I wanna try some N2 shit

Ah I see, now that I look up the words I didn't understand it makes sense.

e is actually 憚る. I thought it was wa bakaranai.

But aside from the options the text is really easy to read. N1 doesn't seem that hard after all.

why some of the kanji have furigana here and some don't?