This was just great. I can't believe I put this off for 5-6 years...

This was just great. I can't believe I put this off for 5-6 years. Hasn't aged in the slightest and had me laughing plenty.

Is the manga worth reading still? Are there any good scans online? I remember somebody rescanned it some years ago, but I can't find it uploaded anywhere and the archive doesn't go back more than 1 years back now.

Other urls found in this thread:

kikuchifan34.tripod.com/gtodifferences.html#sequence10
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

oh, and Kanzaki > Murai's mom > Tomoko > Anko > Kadena > Fuyutsuki > rest

Kanzaki best girl

So favourite episode? I like when Murai basically spies on his mother to make sure Onizuka isn't actually plowing her.

Both the openings are great, I can't really decide which one is better but I've got a slight favourtism over Driver's High.

Best EP is the one with the national test probably or the very last one.

However one thing - the anime didn't conclude some plot points (what was the deal with kanzaki's father which only she and Miyabi knew?)

Driver's high is overall better, but the last 20 seconds of the second one are also great. The third ED is just shit though.

I thought that was weird as hell how they never cleared up Kanzaki's origin in the anime. I'm really hoping the manga is re-released in an omnibus format or something, then again I think it was Tokyo Pop who had the rights to it or something.

Early Days anime when?

where do I find the proper manga scans? I swear I was going through some of the threads or seeing in the catalog threads back in 2012 or so when somebody was uploading the rescans (I tried going through the 106 chapter online onwards, the quality is just horrible, not even split into separate pages). Where are those? Is there really no better quality?

A manga sequel is still ongoing, but it's not as good as the original GTO manga.

nevermind I actually managed to find it. seems like the moe archive is back working, at least when you google stuff and go in there instead of searching directly in it

Would you tame Kanzaki and settle into a loving marriage with her or be completely submissive to Miyabi?

Does Mirai ever fuck the nurse who got tricked by the con?

Did you find all of them without the blue speech bubbles?

Yes, the best copy available are the Spectrum Nexus scans, but they never completed it so you'll need to go with a different version for the last 3. The mangaka keeps milking Onizuka to this day.

Kanzaki of course. There is no other option.
Miyabi is a boring basic bitch.
Also, the chapter where Onizuka destroyed the toilet in Urumi's house is the best one.

>So favourite episode?
Not one. The whole Okinawa Arc was awesome.

yep, or actually not sure, but they seem to be much better than other scans I've seen

How is the live action?

The manga is way better than the anime, read it.

GTO is the only good Tohru Fujisawa work though, in terms of story, art, everything. More or less everything else he has written has been pretty shit.

Started the manga a week ago or so right after finishing the anime, so damn good, go for it user.

This user gets it. The manga has closure with Teshigawara and introduces Mayu. Plus the Miyabi reveal is much better in the manga. Hell the only bad thing about it was the Fallen Angels stuff.

is it really going through the ENTIRE manga all the way from beginning? I feel like the way Onizuka solves some problems is pretty creative and it would lose all the point upon re-read/rewatch

is it really necessary*

Yes, I will get to it. I thought of taking it from volume 7 onwards. Going through this kikuchifan34.tripod.com/gtodifferences.html#sequence10 tells me this is where the manga starts deviating more from the anime.

Aside from bits the anime didn't touch on or toned down (Urumi paying perverts to rape Miyabi and her friends rather than Yakuza) the anime ends just after the Okinawa arc which is the halfway point in the manga.

Honestly just read it from the beginning, Fujisawa attention to detail in his art makes it worth reading.

It's been ages since I read the manga or watched the anime so I can't remember if the anime skipped anything really important (I'm sure it skipped some minor scenes here and there) but it's worth reading for the artwork alone.

Not to mention it barely takes any time to read a manga volume so why not.

Post some of your favourite GTO pages

Every page where Onizuka acts like his old self during his bosozoku days is my favourite.

The biggest flaw of the series were the deus ex machina being played one-too-many times. And near the end, quite a few of students was lacking in terms of development (Yakuza boy for example). Overall, it is decent, but never should it be overly praised.

Read the manga from the beginning.
After that, read Shonan Junai Gumi, the prequel.