Hinduism General

>What is hinduism?

Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world. It is the Sanatana Dharma, the Eternal Law. It has no known origin and no founders - it is a synthesis of various Indian cultures and practices from as early as 4000 BCE.

Hinduism differs from Christianity and other Abrahamic religions in that it does not have:

>A single concept of deity,

>A single holy text,

>A single system of morality,

>A central religious authority,

>The concept of a prophet.

Hinduism is neither polytheistic, monotheistic, trinitarian or henotheistic, yet it is all at the same time.

The development of Hinduism was influenced by many invasions over thousands of years. The major influences occurred when light-skinned, nomadic "Aryan" Indo-European tribes invaded Northern India (circa 1500 BCE) from the steppes of Russia and Central Asia. They brought with them their religion of Vedism. These beliefs mingled with the more advanced, indigenous Indian native beliefs, often called the "Indus valley culture."

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html
archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp
sacred-texts.com/hin/
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjp0Mn3qY3XAhXFro8KHQnCD2kQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw1zuAv0J33Hm2aHRezWSkQO
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY
youtube.com/watch?v=3sXQoGcMN1U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Political significance of Hinduism
All the decadence of the world today has been predicted by Hinduism.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

Prophesied events during a Kali Yuga

>Rulers will become unreasonable: they will levy taxes unfairly.
>Rulers will no longer see it as their duty to promote spirituality, or to protect their subjects: they will become a danger to the world.
>People will start migrating, seeking countries where wheat and barley form the staple food source.
>At the end of Kali-yuga, when there exist no topics on the subject of God, even at the residences of so-called saints and respectable gentlemen of the three higher varnas [temperament] and when nothing is known of the techniques of sacrifice, even by word, at that time the Lord will appear as the supreme chastiser.

Kali Yuga with regard to human relationships

>Avarice and wrath will be common. Humans will openly display animosity towards each other. Ignorance of dharma will occur.
>People will have thoughts of murder with no justification and will see nothing wrong in that.
>Lust will be viewed as socially acceptable and sexual intercourse will be seen as the central requirement of life.
>Sin will increase exponentially, while virtue will fade and cease to flourish.
>People will take vows and break them soon after.
>People will become addicted to intoxicating drinks and drugs.
>Teachers will no longer be respected and their students will attempt to injure them. Their teachings will be insulted, and followers of Kama(lust) will wrest control of the mind from all human beings.

Resources
>introduction to Hinduism for westerners
archive.org/stream/reneguenon/1921 - Introduction to the Study of the Hindu Doctrines #page/n1/mode/1up

>Bhagavad Gita
bhagavad-gita.org/index-english.html

archive.org/details/TheBhagavadGitaByCRajagopalachari
>Upanishads
hinduwebsite.com/upanishadindex.asp

>Vedas
sacred-texts.com/hin/

>MAHABHARATA by C Rajagopalachari
google.co.in/url?q=http://www.gita-society.com/pdf2011/mahabharata.pdf&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjp0Mn3qY3XAhXFro8KHQnCD2kQFggLMAA&usg=AOvVaw1zuAv0J33Hm2aHRezWSkQO

>Ramayan Anime
youtu.be/rAM9x_GF9VY 13

pdf?

>Hinduism general
>Picture of the upanishads

What would your Brahmanic ancestors say OP?

before others com here and say we are not aryan aryanism IS from hindu we were and are original aryans christcuks are not white we are based an so is buddhist (from hindu) an sikhs are broteir

>Hinduism is the oldest organized religion in the world
partially true since its not a religion but a fuckton of faiths under the same cultural Vedic umbrella despite nationalist memes.
they call Jainists and buddhists hindu which is really silly.

hidnu is aryan bitchfuk

>I want to believe
youtube.com/watch?v=3sXQoGcMN1U

its also non-aryan
India is very diverse

>Hinduism is the oldest organized religion

>it does not have:
>
>
>>A single concept of deity,
>
>>A single holy text,
>
>>A single system of morality,
>
>>A central religious authority,
>
>>The concept of a prophet.

>Hinduism is the oldest organized religion

>organized

How so?

Who is the best deity to worship and why is it Kali Ma

fuckyou do history check dumbfuck hinduism IS ARYAN an indians are ARYAN

what's the point of this thread again?
pretty damn sure nobody here gives a flying fuck here

north india has aryan culture and speaks the language with an elite that is predominantly aryan

the south is not
and there are fuckloads of tribes and ethnic minorities everywhere, plus a billion languages
I'm surprised the country functions at all.

>north india has aryan culture

in what way? I'm from the north and we just look like bunch of chinks who are minorities and slowly decreasing in numbers since this shit of a country and it's shitty government are corrupt as fuck i dont who you are trying to fool but you idiots sound batshit insane

Are there any Hindu texts that teach you how to operate a toilet?

Thousands of years of Hinduism and India is still a literal pile of shit. Christianity transformed Europeans from mud hut dwelling barbarians into the enlightened race of the world and the hope of civilization. Makes me think. Perhaps... Jesus is truly the savior of mankind?

Hinduism is a shitty poo poo religion for monkeys that tells you cow shit is holy and cow urine is nutritious.

language family I mean
Hinduism and Dharmic faith in general is to obtuse to appeal on Sup Forums
it requires a lot of thought and dedication which no one has.

Hinduism is to India what Islam was to Iran...

A bastardized attempt at religion by the devolved people who forgot the old ways.

If only the Indian people realized the Tamils are the closest to the truth. (Sumerian-Tamil)

All forms of a Personal God are just different manifestations of Saguna Brahman. Hinduism allows many manifestations as it would be difficult to imagine one form of a Personal God that would appeal to all.

I personally prefer to think of the Personal God as Mother owing to my introduction to Hinduism being through Ramakrishna/Vivekananda. However, I prefer to think of the Divine Mother as Lalita or Tripura Sundari of the Sri Vidya tradition. This is the tradition which Adi Shankara wrote upon in his Soundarya Lahari.

>Christianity transformed Europeans
Wut? Pls elaborate.

Christianity degenerated Europe
turned them from mighty wild bulls to passive dumb cows

AFAIK Christian attitudes towards science varied a lot, therefore I don't think christianity had any direct impact on Scientific inquiry.

>language family I mean

what language and family? it's a shitty country there's nothing to applause/talk about here it's all made up bullshit nobody gives a flying fuck around here in the north and go on about with their daily lives while the corrupt as fuck government sits his ass all days robbing the poor bastards
get and even if there's a tiny bit of your so called "aryan culture" left here it'll be wiped out by the muslim/bangladeshi people since they're coming down here in hordes and none of the governments here gives a rat ass. stop hidding behind a meme flag and get a life dude.

And last time I checked
everyone's around here pretty much christians or follow christianity

Lol. Goatfucker sandnigger Mudslime spotted

>not trying to change government ideas and policies by making your voice heard among the higher-ups
Why the fuck are you in this country

this
christcuck are proud of their ignorance

Reminder that Shaivism is fucking trash. If you believe in non-dualism, you hang with the niggers on the day of the rope.

>Implying any of this fucking matters

Get real dude there ain't gonna be a fix this whole country is fucked to the core and not to mention the overwhelming numbers of lower class population arising
have fun living in the slums near future I'm gonna off myself pretty damn soon

They are really cheap books you should support Indian publishers

Nice to see this thread. Has this been going on here or is this the first time?

Op thu kaun hain? Tera username kya hain? Aur koi bakchod idhar hain?

And whats with katuas in this thread.

>None of them even have eight arms
PLEBS

Upnishads are quite based i dont care about the opinion of brahmins
Buddhism and Jainism are sects and n every way
It's true
An organized religion requires none of that

they were actually the first people to use plumbing for toilets

>username
>>/whatsapp

>worshipping literal demons
>my religion

Fuck off shitskin

t. Dalit
>sumerian Tamils
I see thambi defense force has arrived

The drunk rambling of your dad while he was whopping your ass isn't education

You do realise you worship the jinn right? They have tried to have humans worship them for a very long time. You culture is not the only one

>literal demons
Those Demons are your original Gods.

For example, Indra is the poonigger version of the storm God that ancient Aryan tribes all once worshiped. Have you ever considered that YHVH is actually the one you would call a Demon?

>the jinn
Ah yes, sand nigger tales at its finest

Indra is a position not a God

Oh course, aka El

Does Alan Watts accurately represent Hindu tradition and views about life and death?

And I suppose "Agni" is also just mundane fire.

You pooniggers really ought to study your own religion.

Not particularly he gets a few things right here and their, rest he makes the same mistakes jung did

Agni is a position too, you retarded people don't have a word for devas so. Wikipedia calls them gods and all of you just start larping

What does Hinduism promise? how are the gods/deities worshipped and why are they worshipped?

It promises nothing, your actions determine whether you escape the cycle of life and death.
>worship
It's almost unimportant your actions matter more

>Be proto-Scythian
>worship Agni
>fuck a dravidian
>your descendants reduce your deity to a "position"
Rajit, you are no expert on this.

AGni is the Sumerian god Enki

So it's really a religion about nothing?

>my knowledge of Hinduism is based on memes posted on stormfront
Yes everyone had blue eyes and blonde hair, agni is still worshiped you absolute nigger but it isn't a single person multiple people have had that position in the devas,

No its a religion that places action over everything but Jesus christ is Hwhite and based xd

Stop changing the fucking argument. What does your religion actually believe?

Cheers, have you got a few gripes with his interpretation? Any good resources for westerners to learn about it besides "him"?

I stated what it belives to you that seems like nothing

Not particularly with the interpretation he doesn't understand the language so it's not his fault

I have great respect for Ayurveda so don't take me as someone that won't listen or isn't interested. I take aswaganda daily - king for herbs. Amazing.

But in the face of it hindusim seems to be similar to many other religions worshiping etheric spirits. I think it's a scam on humans

But how are your actions rewarded? escape from the cycle of life and death? so non-existence like in Buddhism?

I eat cow shit and drink cow piss
I AM WHITE!

most Hindu cults try to join the Godhead, while the Buddhist try to erase themselves from existence, but their actions are the same.

>mortals wanting to join God, the Creator
top kek, greedy people, just be satisfied that we can reach the heavens at all.

Again with that bullshit, i've already told you.

This user is right: Hinduism has a concept of deity, it has a single system of morality, it has a central religious authority, and it certainly came from a prophet at that.

It is an organized religion, but certainly not the oldest, as many more were lost throughout time.

I'm getting sick of your shit, OP. I already stated why before and you're reverting back to your old ways, far from the truth. Read more Guénon, read more Coomaraswami, or stop shilling hinduism as something it's not.

The metaphysical and social aspects of Hinduism are too well thought our for a scam
Guess where Buddism gets it from?

And their is no reward the universe isn't black and white, you are born with a duty and the closer your actions are to the duty the easier it is

Get your filthy beastly religion out of this christian board

What is the central religious authority?
>>/bant

>trying to fit hinduism into your abrahamic understanding of religion
If you're of European descent, just learn about your own ancestors' religion.
Nothing wrong with studying Hinduism though.
Just be careful, a lot of the most accessible forms of Hinduism in the West are heavily influenced by Anglo-Protestant liberal cancer.

The avatâra.

>agni is still worshiped you absolute nigger but it isn't a single person multiple people have had that position in the devas
Poojvat, please, be civil.

It seems to me that you take your poonigger monkey-babble as gospel, when it is not. What the Vedas are are a massively degenerated version of whatever common faith our ancestors had. Tracing your Gods back in time, they are certainly not just "positions".

I know Buddhism comes from Hinduism, and in that regard, Buddhism seems like a more concise or easier path to non-existence since it does away with all the gods and deities and says that they too are suffering in existence like us.

Hinduism teach that gods are replaceable, like kings of men
which is true desu
which is why there are no gods but God.

sorry homie Amla (Indian gooseberry) is the king of herbs

Fuck off hinjew. The muslims, sikhs and Buddhists shoulf band together and kill you degenerates.

What an ignorant fuck. The demons have had a field day manipulating humanity

>If you're of European descent, just learn about your own ancestors' religion.
Impossible. What little was written down is not enough to reconstruct the religion.

Well maybe up there with tulsi also. Top 3 for sure.

Yes who or what is he /it
Ah yes, the oral / written knowledge India is all false only the Hwhite man knows the truth, BTW i believe In a shared heritage

>My ancestors religion
So Christianity?

All these poos in a single thread, I can literally smell the stench emanating from my screen.

If Hinduism is so enlightening and has been around for so long, why is India still a shithole with the vast majority of its poojeet dwellers living in abject poverty?

Holy fuck you're a delusional larper. You're a street shitting shitskin. Off yourself faggot.

We believe that we are living in the dream of a cosmic consciousness everything is his manifestation, I don't understand the western fixation of gods

But but but
>muh "gods"

Looks like the "gods" got the best deal and the people got fucked.

t. Paki
t. Poofta

You don't believe the Vedas are degenerate versions of an older faith? They were written down at most only 5,500 years ago, which is only half-way between now and the Great Flood.

This, Notice how the christian ones are the richest?

>Yes
I just proved my point, how about changing your bullshit copypasta now? Even better, how about doing your homework for once? As far as i know, you're the pajeet, not me.

Or are you too hell bent on spreading falseness and corrupting your own heavenly heritage?

What a worthless waste of time, i swear. Get out of this thread guys, this person has neither the understanding nor the motivation to answer correctly.

pajeet who wrote Vedas?
and why is it not as important to hindus as quran is to muslims and bible to christcucks.

>If Hinduism is so enlightening and has been around for so long, why is India still a shithole with the vast majority of its poojeet dwellers living in abject poverty?

Since when does Hinduism tell you how to run society? It isn't Islam

so how can i fit hindu philosophy into my religio-political esoteric hitlerism

try some plasma water, it potentiates my powdered herbs to the point that im starting to beleive that the storys about immortality through kaya kalpa and amla may be possible.

It does, pajeets have lost sight of what hinduism is and merely practice the exoteric aspects of it.

This is the best answer so far.

Thanks.

You don't understand the oral tradition of India and they are atleast 10,000 years old

Plasma water? Never heard of it

What do?