That settles it

Doesn't 70 sound comfy?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Celsius is used because it's simple to understand. Water freezes at 0 C and boils at 100 C. Nice round numbers.
>Kelvin is an SI unit that makes sense in a scientific context, but has no use otherwise.
>Fahrenheit does have it's purpose in having more precision in measuring air temperature, but is arbitrarily complex.

Also nice subjective comment. Doesn't 20 sound comfy as well?

>Celsius is used because it's simple to understand.
One, two, many is also simple to understand, many leaves know it by heart.

Celsius is a meme measurement. You spend most of your life between -10-40. In F, you spend your life between 0-100, giving you a better way to describe the temp.

>Doesn't 20 sound comfy as well?
No, that sounds like I’m gonna have to de-ice my windows at 7am before I go to work.

Because that's what you say on behalf of Fahrenheit.
Germans should've never invented that.

Americans have no concept for measurements that make sense because they think imperial makes any fucking sense.

i dont see germany having space achievements on par with the US, nor the industrial or econmic or per capita might, and we use fahrenheit as a society, i mean no shit the nasa engineers use si units but still. put up or shut up mehmet

I like Fahrenheit for weather and body temperature and Celsius for cooking and chemistry.

I live in America so I can have both.

You mean Werner Von Braun? the Nazi Scientist that Vanguarded NASA?

Yeah, you're fucking smart, are you?

Kelvin has the same difference in energy content between each whole number as centigrade, it just starts 273.something degrees early. Farenheight is for unironic brainless that are also smug and american.

>i dont see germany having space achievements on par with the US

Honestly, that's not that bad. I feel like the temperature unit arguments are pointless, since they're all pretty arbitrary. What's not ok is feet/inches, pounds, cups/gallons, etc.

Wow that's fascinating. If I want to spend all day fucking around with water I'll definitely be using celsius.

Imagine how much of a pretentious cunt you would look like if you used kelvin instead of celsius in everyday language. It's the same way in burgerland if you use celsius. It's not that people think fahrenheit is more correct, its just customarily the only one that gets used

The issue with inches/feet lies in its uselessness of complexity and them having no relation to eachother.
Looking how many inches are in a feet is like rating apples by oranges.
0,001km= 1 meter = 10 decimeter 100 centimeter 1000millimeter

What do you use a decimeter for?

>he doesn't realize a shit ton of german physicists and scientists helped the US in the space race
Amerimutt education everybody.

Literally nothing, it's when centimeter is too short and meter is too large. rarely in use.
it's just a tenth of a meter, that's all.
You could maybe measure a dog with it, iunno.

Okay, final fucking redpill to you:
We your magazine-fed weaponry, we invented your rocketry, your gauss rifles, your stealthbombers, we are now about to realize how cold fusion works, and it would do you well if you showed a tiny bit of respect instead of larping how 1/16th of german you are, sieg heiling all over and then shitting on those who made all possible, you absolute amerimutt shitstick.

The only invention i feel shame for is Marxism.

This.

>I would walk 1609.34 km just to see your face
how romantic

more like failenheit

Nonsense
An inch is the length of the Kings thumb
Which is about the size of your thumb
And a foot is a small step
Don't even need a ruler

>Marxism
Jews.

a small step of what kind of aged human?
what king? i think most people have different-sized thumbs, i mean look at the turk manlets.

I know 35C is like 100F, that's about it

Sounds like a german summer to me.

Jesus, this is embarrassing

Walk 7.5 yards, walk 7.5 meters, how many inches and cm have i walked?

Fahrenheit:
32f is the freezing point of water,
32+180f is the boiling point of water
Celcius:
0C is the freezing point of water,
0+100C is the boiling point of water
Kelvin:
0K is 0 energy
273.16K is the triple point of water

none of these really make much sense

>[AMERICAN CALCULATOR NOISES]

Because you spend much more time around cups of ice and brine water.

Having studied I really don't give a shit about Metric vs Imperial I would just rather deal with one instead of two systems. Thankfully professors generally had their preferred methods (Americans preferred Imperial, Indians, Asians, and the one Ukrainian professor preferred SI) meaning I didn't have to switch from metric, to imperial and back to metric on the same assignment. At work I almost entirely deal with Imperial and I assume other people have to deal with converting everything to metric somewhere down the line but that's not my problem.

>thinking the arbitrary choice of freezing/boiling point of water is better than any other arbitrary points

180 because it's half of 360.

>europeans and canicucks are simpletons who require simple metrics because their mind cannot wrap around possibly converting between one metric and another

imperial system is used for day-to-day life and a change would cost billions of dollars on infrastructure alone

metric system is already used for science applications

what's the problem?

convenient.
Make it pi next time.

Watch out!
RADICAL CENTRIST!
Hide your powerlevels and fall into line to the moderate wisdom of thee!
Seriously, fuck off. you're the kind of kid that was on Reddit and talked trash about Christianity all day.

Your denial feeds me.

Maybe it's just because I'm a burger and so I'm used to it but Fahrenheit seems like a better system for everyday normal life since you can just say it's 73F degrees out instead of 22.8C degrees.

Also using centimeters for person height suffers from the same problem. 5'10" is easier than 177.8cm.

why would you break a centimeter into decimals but round to the nearest inch?

it's much easier to be precise with metric

100 km on the spedometer doesn't quite have the impact 100 mi does.

degrees is better

0 is frozen solid,37 is human body temp and 100 is boiling water,the surface of the sun is 2000

>dumb burger poster can't understand Celsius
Farenheit is retarded because it is entirely arbitrary, more so than Celsius. If you say "57 degrees Fahrenheit" that could mean fucking anything, maybe a medium between what somebody might describe as hot or cold depending on their subjective temerature tolerance. If I say "5 degrees Celsius" you know that's JUST warmer than walking outside and finding ice in the birdbath.

Any burger even considering "kelvin" as a measurement is a living meme, as everyone knows it is only used in regards to the fuckin icy expanses of space.
It's also retarded to say that somehow boiled or frozen water is less easily relatable than "bruh it's hot" or "bruh it's cold :((("

measuring my penis

>the surface of the sun is 2000

????

It is difficult for the human mind to visualize large numbers. Inches only go to twelve while centimeters go up to one hundred. Using metric for say someone's height makes more sense in imperial since you are using smaller numbers. For temperature I don't really have a problem with either. Volume is even worse. You go right from milliliters to liters. Weight is the same way milligrams to grams to kilograms. Each of those is a thousand times the other. Numbers that high are hard to visualize in normal life.
when have you talked to your friend about how far away Paris was. Then when you answered in kilometers he insisted that instead you should answer in meters. That sort of information is useless in a normal setting. When it comes to science however, metric is way better. With science you are converting and combining different units together all the time. Now it makes sense to use a system based around easy calculations and not easy visualization.

Well, fine, you can take the decimal off. 5'10" is 178cm.

At the end of the day though it really is just what you're used to. Let me make a temperature measurement. We'll use ethanol. melting point is 0E (-173.5F -114.1C) and boiling point is 100E (173.1F 78.37C). There now change the entire system of your country to fit my new made up temperature measurement system using ethanol instead of water.

Well then

so your dick's 0,9 decimeter?

>If you say "57 degrees Fahrenheit" that could mean fucking anything
No, it means its fucking 57 degrees Fahrenheit.

What a bullshit? Not even talking about Russia, what would Alaskan people say about this statement? Using of Fahrengeit lower then 0 is inevitable.

I grew up in Europe, but learned to drive in America. 60 mph is a far better way to communicate "speedy and starting to get dangerous" than 100kmph that screams "LIGHTSPEED". it's like how they bumped all points in Modern Warfare 2 by 10x so everything feels 10x more important.

>0,9 decimeter?
what two axes are we measuring my penis on?

surface temp of earth is 55 deg F

>be japanese
>measure penis with axes

>70c
>comfy
>100c
>dead

Come on... 100c is where the fun starts

Base 10 wins for accuracy, base 12 or 16 wins for divisibility. You can divide a foot by 2, 3, 4, and 6 and get a whole number of inches. Likewise, fractions can express an infinitely repeating number in base 10, e.g. 1/3 = 0.3333333333333333... In their daily life, people don't need to care about such accuracy. If metric were base 12, it would be the best of both worlds. Notice there are no metric clocks or 100 degrees in a circle.

Walk 7.5 inches or walk 7.5 meters
How many inches and cm have I walked?

-30 Fahrengeit is just almost -35 Celcium. End this is pretty far from polar cold. This happens almost every second year in St.Petersburg. And, definitely, in Alaska. How do you ignore even parts of your own country saying this?

>still only 0.9axe

Roughly equivalent to 87 womblegrade?
How long is a piece of string?

I'm the desert? Arctic? I can only assume this means that's the average temperature in the temperate zones of the US

>arbitrarily complex
euroPOORS are too dumb to understand

Unfortunately if a japanese guy lays his penis on the axe it won't become longer. It has more sense in laying it on the samurai sword - at least it can became shorter...

>It's also retarded to say that somehow boiled or frozen water is less easily relatable than "bruh it's hot" or "bruh it's cold :((("
What temperature does mercury freeze/melt?
How about the vapor pressure of ethanol at 20 degrees?

>Celsius is a meme measurement
is this peak burger education?

>I live in America so I can have both.
feels good man

because you're holding onto an inferior system and your only argument is:
>it takes effort, pls no

>being this buttmad
okay hans, remember to take a refugree home to your wife

Hey, I'm 1/16th German.

underrated post

That's one great thing about (((the new world order))). We can all finally adopt the metric system.

Very much this

>this dumb
Water is no less arbitrary than anything else. in some ways celcius is MORE arbitrary. 0F is the coldest temperature that could be measured at the time and 100F is human body temp because that's relevant to us. no problem. who gives a fuck about water.

>imperial system is used for day-to-day life and a change would cost billions of dollars on infrastructure alone
Gee, I wonder whose fault that is for not converting earlier?

It's safe to *assume* that someone at 0 K is dead, but can you truly *observe* someone is at 0 K and dead?

>100'C
>Dead

You realize saunas in Finland are 100'C right?

Ok but 0 F is still less than 0 C, Fahrenheit is much broader.

This. Germany created aliens as we know them today.

Unless you live in the Sahara desert I can guarantee you have at least a general understanding of how cold it is when water starts to freeze.
Unless your education is a s bad as I've heard?

Tbqh the one reason I don't want the US to adopt metric, even if Farenheit is silly

Not talking about the fact Kelvin is exclusively used for science, if you really use it in common, you can notice that 200 Kelvin is Polar Cold (close to record) and 300 Kelvin is Sahara hot (but not as hot as sauna).

>inches
Why would I need to know that offhand? regardless 12 inches to a foot and 3 feet to a yeard is dead easy.

No, 0 kelvin is like your average winter day in africa

>water
Why are you basing it all on water? that's just a random chemical.

>you go right from mililiters to liters

No you don't you fucking mong.

If America went metric the Europeans would go back to imperial because of how pretentious and contrarian they are

>aquafresh education
all you learn is how to roll the best joint and get a job in stripclubs

Our units of measurement are superior to, yuck, metric. One nation bucks the trend and sticks with superior units of measurement. One nation has visited the moon, put probes on a comet, and landed rovers on mars. Coincidence? I think not.

Von Braun's work was based on American tech.

>"At the time, Germany was highly interested in American physicist Robert H. Goddard's research. Before 1939, German scientists occasionally contacted Goddard directly with technical questions. Wernher von Braun used Goddard's plans from various journals and incorporated them into the building of the Aggregat (A) series of rockets. The A-4 rocket would become well known as the V-2.[30] In 1963, von Braun reflected on the history of rocketry, and said of Goddard's work: "His rockets ... may have been rather crude by present-day standards, but they blazed the trail and incorporated many features used in our most modern rockets and space vehicles."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wernher_von_Braun

Yes Von Braun advanced it, but he was heavily influenced by American rocket tech.

>water
>random chemical
ameritards never cease to amaze me

Why not call it 23C? What if the temperature was 72.42F? Do you call that 72F or 72.5F or 73F or 72.42F?

Don't mind that mental midget. It makes sense to use water as a barometer, because water is the basis for life? What else should we use, carbon?

Nobody is going to need that much precision and use inches. If you need a board cut to 7 1/2 yards, you'll use feet and inches. I know metric likes to ignore the decimeter, but we actually use the foot. Mark a third of a meter on the meter stick compared a third of a yard or foot. The strength is its divisible integers in units and its fractions.

You don't need a fucking furnace to melt ice, that's why.

Oh, so water is a deterministic chemical?

Better than mixing water, ice, and ammonia chloride for fahrenheit

Breaking weather into decimals is excessive. Most people do not notice +/-1C.

Water is pretty important liquid because you drink it every day, you boil it every day, and you see ice in your fridge every day or outside every winter. Stop ignoring the relevance of water.

>Fahrenheit does have it's purpose in having more precision in measuring air temperature, but is arbitrarily complex.

The ironic part is that precision had nothing to do with it.

>Fahrenheit proposed his temperature scale in 1724, basing it on two reference points of temperature. In his initial scale, the zero point was determined by placing the thermometer in a mixture of ice, water, and ammonium chloride. This is a frigorific mixture which stabilizes its temperature automatically: that stable temperature was defined as 0 °F (−17.78 °C). The second point, 96°, was approximately the human body's temperature.

>According to a letter Fahrenheit wrote to his friend Herman Boerhaave, his scale was built on the work of Ole Romer, whom he had met earlier. In Romer's scale, brine freezes at zero, water freezes and melts at 7.5°, body temperature is 22.5°, and water boils at 60°. Fahrenheit multiplied each value by four in order to eliminate fractions and increase the granularity of the scale. He then re-calibrated his scale using the melting point of ice and normal human body temperature (which were at 30° and 90°); he adjusted the scale so that the melting point of ice would be 32° and body temperature 96°, so that 64 intervals would separate the two, allowing him to mark degree lines on his instruments by simply bisecting the interval six times (since 64 is 2 to the sixth power).

>Fahrenheit observed that water boils at about 212° using this scale. The use of the freezing and boiling points of water as thermometer fixed reference points became popular following the work of Anders Celsius and these fixed points were adopted by a committee of the Royal Society in 1776.