Gundam IBO:Iron-Blooded Orphans

I like Mikazuki personality but i can't avoid to think. What could have been to have a Mika with an actual personality. Would he be more liked or hated?

Other urls found in this thread:

karice.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/p507/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Did Gjallarhorn invent alaya vijnana sex? Was it forbidden after the war too?

Yes they invented it (And built the gundams around it), but no it wasn't outright banned, just heavily discouraged and something you only really see being done out in the outer regions like Mars and Jupiter after the war.

He already has an actual personality,retard.

It's like no one knows what a personality is anymore, for god's sake. Even mobage characters have personalities, something like "courteous, ambitious and takes risks" is a personality. You're thinking of character development or depth.

Wait, really? Are you bullshitting me?

>On that topic, Orga and Mikazuki are core of this story, but there are many surprising/shocking things about them.

>Okada: I guess so. You could say that they have a strong relationship that goes beyond the notion of depending on each other… Right from the start, we already had “A genius mobile suit pilot named Mikazuki and a group leader by the name of Orga.” But what their characters were like, or what their relationship was like — we didn’t really understand a lot of it until we wrote it out. Especially Mikazuki — the director and I had lots of discussions about “Just what would a bona fide genius be like?” If we turned him into someone who simply loves combat, then he’d just be one of many, so I tried to be careful about the balance there.

>Mikazuki is a character that seems pretty hard to grasp at first glance.

>Okada: He prioritises protecting his comrades, his Tekkadan family, and he really stands apart from the norm when it comes to sniffing out when he needs to do that, so his actions in that regard are pretty straightforward. But he’s rather dense in other areas. As a person, he’s missing something. In terms of working out his dialogue, I try to give him words that are rather flat, but which also give a sense of this really deep darkness… I wanted to make it very clear that there’s a hole in him somewhere, so that’s something I paid a lot of attention to.

karice.wordpress.com/2016/05/15/p507/

I wonder how they're going to transport there MS down to earth. They don't have Montag to help them this time.

My girl Atra is nowhere to be found, at least she is out of danger right now

They have much higher funds than s1 and the Teiwaz boss clarly likes them.

I meant that they can't go through oficial routes because traffic to the country is being blocked and Teiwaz couldn't help them with it back in Season 1.

I wonder if they're going to improvise a MS drop. We saw that they can back in the first season with barbatos using a graze as a sled and Carta's forces had those actual shields/sleds for drops.

Is S2 worth picking up? S1 was dog shit but the S2 designs look tempting

>Mikazuki visibly showing emotions on his face
No lie, but all those images are genuinely scaring the hell out of me.

Don't know about the others, but I'm almost certain Mikazuki is just going to orbital drop in his Gundam.

So far it has been better. There's been more action and a plot developing beyond "Take this girl to Earth".

He only managed that back in S1 because he had a corpse to ride down on and absorb the friction heat for him.

>This is the most useful a member of Carta's team ever was on screen.

Yeah is slow so far, but at least we are in the middle of an actual war instead of simply seeing a bunch of workers suffering, Tekkadan is a family (currently backfiring) and Kudelia discovering her purpose

All this AstonTaka on twitter.
Too bad I saved none of it. AstonTaka a shit.

Buildo Faitas had better semen demons

Takaki is in general quite popular in twitter right now, if they actually kill him there will be a little meltdown?

Do not fear! Fuka is here she will fix everything!

I disagree.

If I know anything about fujos, or if Ein's example shows anything, not really. Sure they'll cry but eventually they'll just proceed as normal.

IBO lacks thicc

>they'll cry
Good. That's what they get for taking the bait.

Build Fighters lacks Muppets

Have you SEEN Cucubita?

Why do you think he's training Hush?

Because he asked nicely? Mika is not a complex individual so far

Those OP visuals are getting pretty outdated really fast. Why did they chose to make them like that?

Hush's ice is quickly melting. By the end I'm sure he will have a lot of devoted fans.

Considering he already have some, unless he fuckup something badly yeah he will have his fans

Takaki is getting played like a damn fiddle. He's going to die next week isn't he?

>2 characters with younger sisters die

Reminder that anything in Tekkdan that is no Mika and maybe Akihiro is dead if they try to fight choco, who will our good old friend McGillis obliterate next episode?

and he deserves it at this point
>Hurr Raditz-san said I can't talk to the boss because it's his job that makes so much sense even though Chad would have told him to go fuck himself if he tried that with him.

Better yet
>I'm second in command of the Earth base, but I'm letting an underling tell me what I can or can't do!
Hope he gets crushed to death. What a fucking faggot.

Really? His mobile suit looks lame as fuck. Vidar could kill him without problem

I want to believe until the end that he's gonna man up and call out all that bullshit.

I thought he would at the end of this episode, but he didn't. Now I just want him to die. Tekkadan doesn't need idiots like that in charge.

After this, not really sure they will Kill Tadaki, maybe Aston but it feels like they don’t want to kill any of their pretty boys

Biscuit and Takaki had families so they are not genuine Orphans Namida, they need to die.

Thankfully Akihiro killed his brother before the Orphans Namida curse.

>Graze Ritter
>lame
Carta-sama is laughing at you from a better place.

Carta Graze is cute! Also was it true that it really is the same Graze Carta used?

Shino, Lafter and Azee didn't get any build-up hinting to their death, Ein just appeared out of nowhere and trashed their Mobile Suits.

InIBOif you are to die you needto have at least one and a half episode dedicated to your backstory, family and how everyone will be sad when you bite it. And if it's not possible, you can have an episode title like Fumitan so that everyone is still warned.

Their "deaths" weren't foreshadowed. Takaki is getting the Biscuit treatment. He will definitely die.

>McGillis makes a formal alliance with Tekkadan, invting Orga to his GJ ship
>The alliance is broken two episodes later
I knew that Tekkadan would be facing Choco some time or another but I didn't expect it to happen so soon.

Meat Man is a Master Ruseman.

Vidya probably told him that McGillis likes using Tekkadan as an asset.
So him and Mossa cooked this situation up not only to undermine McGillis, but to pin them against each other.

Meat >>>>>>>> Chocolate

Smug Mika is definitely something that needs to happen before the Show ends.
Will it get a 3 season?

No. It was planned and written as two seasons from the start.

I doubt it given that the crew from Mars will rock up and sort out the misunderstandings and manipulation.

The crew from Mars isn't even aware of what's happening outside of what gets reported on the news.

Yeah but you just know they are going to tell space traffic comptroller lady to fuck herself and go down there anyway. Then they'll see McGillis and piece together what is happening from what they do know.

That's actually a "don't use expressions like this" sheet.
Saw that on /m/ before but forgot to point it out.

Kill Orga.

Why would you need a "don't use expressions like this" sheet for an impassive character? Surely a post it note of "don't use any expressions" would suffice.

That's too bad. I really wanted to see top right at some point, but I guess Mika is too deadpan to wear such a snarky expression

Yeah but now they illegally enter earth again, could end up attacking or killing important people in the ongoing battle, McGillis is already in the eye of the storm he will have a lot of explanation to do, not mentioning that card of McGillis Graze with a dead Shiden, also if he gets attacked next episode he will react and he is quite deathly

Actually, we've seen Mika display a few emotions. There's the occasional smile for instance.
He's just nor super expressive or animated, which makes him seem completely impassive by anime standards.

>not mentioning that card of McGillis Graze with a dead Shiden,

It should be pointed out that game cards are not always the best source of spoilers and are occasionally inaccurate.

Gusion next week!

you better live Takaki!

Yes, that's what it said on the top right
>please do not draw/animate Mikazuki making these expressions

Don't bother, there'll always be idiots like this, completely disconnected from what they're watching. And Takaki is a even less prominent character from Shino.

there is a 999% probability that aston dies next episode

takaki had his deathflags in s1 as well got to see his family, got to see his reason for living, got smashed in a space tank and survived his death flags.

he may be able to do it again. But next episode Aston or Takaki is going to die. they can't throw these death flags like they're doing and not kill someone.

Rustal is a legitimate threat to the Earth Sphere and the Solar System. In the light of recent and not so recent events, McGillis is akin to a saviour of mankind next to that mass murdering psychopath

The more I think about it, the more Ilikedthis episode. This sort of grunt vs grunt battle is something the series needed to show, it reminds me a bit of old Votoms especially with the Landman Rodi which somehow looks like a Scopedog.

It also showed how a literal who such as Galan could become the de facto leader of Tekkadan by playing the right cards ; praising the kids, honor their deaths, saving the acting leader's ass to win his heart. Takaki goes from "Since when he's the Captain ?!" to "We need to follow him". The storyboard cuts to black when he's thinking about the current situation, because he's literally unable to figure out himself the possible outcome of the events. He is not cut to be a leader, and it will lead him to his eventual fall.

Also Akihiro is still the most hilarious character of the show.

>He is not cut to be a leader, and it will lead him to his eventual fall.
well I think he did very well. as we know he isn't a leader type but he keep his troops in line for 2-3 weeks. thats pretty good considering all he wants to do is go home and play house with his sis.

I'm really hoping Mika/Guts saves him next episode so he doesn't have to die. its really annoying in these kinds of series where soon as we get to really know a character they kill them off for some forced drama.

I need a loop of him doing lifts.

They live in a kill or be killed universe and have killed a god number of people, yet if they never die where is the tension? They are invincible

* Good not god, sorry for that

I was more drawing comparison between the way Biscuit's death and its aftermath were portrayed and how there were still idiots who thought they'd actually kill either of the three, Shino in particular, in the second to last ep. With no room left for any kind of payoff. And now they are apparently still unable to tell the difference between that situation and Takaki's situation today. I just don't even bother.

>if they never die where is the tension?
imo there is a lot of tension right now. there is the possibility that takaki will die, but there is possibility that aston may take the bullet. However Mika/Guts are extremely close to earth so they may make it in time and save them. then there is McGillis as well. he has a partnership with Takkadan so he may save takaki and friends as well.

so there isn't an impossibility for their survival.
>Biscuit's death and its aftermath were portrayed and how there were still idiots who thought they'd actually kill either of the three
ah makes sense then.

>Vidar/Gaelio and Julietta are voiced by MegaBlue and GokaiYellow respectively

For real?
Meat sentai fanart when?

I wonder if Yamagi has a body like this. Probably not.

If Takaki doesn't next episode, it will be very strange as well as disappointing. A good story needs to have high stakes, and in a war dramathe stakes are people's lives. If the main characters always gets out of evry situation by he sole virtue of being the main characters, it's not interesting because it's cheating.

It wouldn't matter as much if this was a lighthearted show such as Mobile Fighter G or Reconguista, but IBO plays itself very seriously so it needs to raise the stakes so we keep being interested.

A fine example of this would be Dougram, it's a 75 episode show where only two secondary characters die on the MC's side, but both deaths are very tragic and unexpected so it works wonder.

Again, people forget that death in the show implies several, at least two, episodes of SOLEMN SADNESS and ORUFENS NAMIDA. You want to see characters die? Okay fine, but you better save your complaints when the plot doesn't move for several episodes and cool robot fights don't happen because orphans are not done with their mourning yet.

Wasn't one of the deaths similar to Lockon situation?
It's been a while, but some guy bit it and his replacement was basically his doppelgänger or something

Personally I'm iffy on the idea of Takaki dying.

The thing is that he already had a near-death call in S1, so putting him on the chopping block again seems a tad repetitious. Though yes, it would serve to up the drama and keep things tense by helping to restore the "Anyone can die" vibe, as opposed to just offing literally whos as they did plenty of times this episode.

But still, I think that it would work better to keep Takaki alive to avoid repetition, and kill off Aston to restore drama. Aston would work especially well given the obvious dependency he has on Takaki, and it would hit Takaki especially hard after he realizes how the entire thing was his fault for the blind faith he put in Radice and Galon.

>it will be very strange as well as disappointing.
I really don't want to see Takaki die but I do see your point. I'm not a fan of "take small side character give him 2 episodes to build him up then kill him" I find that more disappointing. how they handled biscuit was better. he was a major guy since the beginning and killed him. which resulted in a major blow to the tekkadan family shaking Orga a great deal. imo I don't think takaki would hurt the tekkadan as much as biscuits death. since he was just the small side character that showed up once in a while.

>If Takaki doesn't next episode, it will be very strange as well as disappointing. A good story needs to have high stakes, and in a war dramathe stakes are people's lives. If the main characters always gets out of evry situation by he sole virtue of being the main characters, it's not interesting because it's cheating.
We already have that situation regardless of Takaki dying or not, because there is just no way Mika is going to bite it before the very end of the show. So it doesn't really matter. And Takaki is just a minor character so the stakes are low anyway. I don't think they need to kill more than one or two characters to make the viewers fear others might die as well.

didn't think of it that way, I hope your right man. Aston is growing on me so I'll be sad if he dies. especially with the takaki's response to his friend's death.

>I don't think they need to kill more than one or two characters to make the viewers fear others might die as well.
I'm actually really invested in IBO right now because of these 2 side characters. I'm really hoping takaki survives but still want aston to survive. feels way to early in the s2 to kill off some tekkadan guys

You know i give okada shit, but she actually did nail this down really well.

If life won’t let then mourn they will have to go on, they had to go on when Biscuit got killed and they will do it again especially now that they are more mature, that’s all I’m waiting for, but if no one ever died in this arc is there really tension? The enemy is extremely dangerous? Its ok only unimportant Tekkadan characters die, o wait they fall in a trap! Once again only unimportant Tekkadan characters die, those guys are created out of the vacuum they can have an unlimited amount of them no one care about them they are background characters.

In most Gundam shows or war dramas in general secondary characters die here and there to remind the viewers that they can and will get killed if the situation gets out of hand, it’s not like they are going to kill a main character it’s just someone from the support cast.

You're obviously a fujo then. Can I just ask what makes you invested in that literally post haste pairing that feels like they threw some characters against a wall, saw who sticked and then threw in a bunch of baity dialogue?

I was kind of hoping mika would eventually use the screaming expression in the final bits of the show.

Nigga what are you on, dougrama has hands down one of the worst deaths in anime. The retard literally dies cause some random fucking grenade explodes in his motorcycle cause it got hinged on a nail then they replace him with an identical clone a few episodes later and never mention him again.

are you ready Sup Forums?

Choco is not going to kill anybody, he'll just disarm. He's good at it, Gaelio vouches for that.

I like how takaki is a nice guy caught in an impossible situation yet still tries his best to stay himself. He still wants to be a good natured boy and be a good brother his sister can look up too and stay in school. He tries his best to keep his friends alive. Aston thinks himself less than human so he tries to be a good friend and tell him he's a human just like himself. aston I find his social awkwardness entertaining, but I don't like him nowhere near takaki.

yeah takaki isn't some ground breaking character, but I still like the character and don't want to see him die.

I was surprised to see Orga being so composed about it. Why isn't he flipping his shit? Every boss would be flipping their shit at this shit.

Apart from his replacement part, what happen to Lockon was interesting, he got a lot of death flags and almost got himself killed losing an eye in the process, many though he was safe but a few episodes latter boom

The quality of a show doesn't relate to the number of characters dying, but in IBO's case they keep insisting on the fact that anyone can die at any moment, the kids are disposable etc. If they don't follow by killing characters we actually care about, all that building amounts to nothing and it weakens the overall strength of the series.

Remember Gundam Wing ? Heero Yuy keeps saying "I will kill you" to everyone, in the end he never killed anyone important and everybody finish the series alive and well. That's why Heero is now considered a stupid character and Wing a stupid series. It tells something and shows something different.

That's depressing.

>The thing is that he already had a near-death call in S1, so putting him on the chopping block again seems a tad repetitious.
Shino and his plethora of death flags say hi.