CALIFORNIA HAPPENING

I’ve been monitoring the past 24 hours for earthquakes in CA, I’m pretty convinced the big one is going to happen sometime before 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

quakewatch.net/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=yGytv7H9RUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

any source on this?

Good.

I fucking hope so.

Stop teasing

so just a normal day then in CA?

2/3

3/3

Do you know how a fault line works? You know that the more small earthquakes happen, it releases stress, so the chance of a bigger one is less likely.

Stupid fake news faggot who never took physical geography.

WE ALL NEED TO PRAY FOR THE EARTH TO SWALLOW LOS ANGELOS AND SAN FRANCISCO
PRAY

>This retard thinks earthquakes are uncommon in California

nobody ever took physical geography. just let me have a happening

>what are foreshocks

Kys my man

amazing that only a day of research can produce such a huge estimate

Every year Southern California alone has over 10,000 earthquakes...

And from a totally qualified and legit source

H A A R P
A
A
R
P

Only if we’re lucky that whole shitty coast slides right into the pacific.

This.

it's the true standard here now. clickbait central mostly.

Why must you shit all over our dreams of grandeur, user? Why?

Not these, dumbass.
Because wanting 40 million people dead just because you hate 1/10th of that number gets tiring after a while. The only reason CA is still democrat is because illegals can vote now. *By the way, in the event of the big one, what happened in 2012 doesn't actually happen IRL. That was just a stupid movie. Sorry.

Can confirm, lived in San Juan Bautista for a year- the San Andreas fault line was literally in our back yard. It took about two months to get used to the constant tremors, and not want to run for a doorway.
We moved out of that God forsaken hellhole as soon as humanly possible.

>massive earthquake in california
>unearths vast new natural resources, i.e. gold, oil, fertile earth
>minimal damage to infrastructure
>creates new rivers and streams throughout the coast
>sends direct 100ft high tsunami to north korea, somehow avoiding south korea and japan
feels good, deshita

We literally know nothing about earthquakes shut up you fucking pseudo-intellectual faggot

my farts shake the ground more than a 4.6
No happening for you

Not dead, just floating off towards Hawaii. That’s not too much to ask, is it?

Redpill me on your tectonic-plate movement professional knowledge Sup Forums

What happens if the big one happens in California?

do you still smell like garlic?

>literally trillions in damage to fragile water infrastructure built right on fault lines
>southern california returns to desert, becomes authentic mad max style post-apocalyptic wasteland

see the last big one. there will never be a Yellowstone happening in your lifetime.

the coastal side will act like a bulldozer and add land mass to CA.
More electoral votes when that populates

by the big one, do you mean, THE big one? san andreas fault cracking, whoreywood and Los Analvirginityous falling into the ocean Big earth quake?

quakewatch.net/

Lel that’s obscure AF. But no.

Basic research will teach you all you need to know, you willfully ignorant turd.

The one that's scientifically impossible, apparently.

not bad digits, user, but you'll have to do better than that to convince me.

Great then all the illegal residents get to move further inland

Fuck you, I want it to happen, so it will happen.

The Trump Effect. All unbelievers will die.

why don't you just become part of mexico already.

I absolutely unequivocally guarantee literally nothing will happen

don't stop there user, let me see more doubles.

future predicting is such faggotry

Just because you want it, that assures that it won't happen even more. It already wasn't going to, but now it really isn't going to.

Please God in heaven wipe it clean.

>muh Gilroy
get rekt vampies

earth quakes are bad and all but until pipes start bursting in sanfran dont worry yet.

what i mean by this is that the earth crust is like a meter stick, just more brittle. you bend it and it gains tension till it snaps. thats what happening there. once the pressure builds rapidly it would snap within a month of pipes bursting if not less.

t.shootingtheshitwithgeologyDRwhousedtolivethere

>once the pressure builds rapidly it would snap within a month of pipes bursting if not less
It builds rapidly by not having any earthquakes to release tension. What's happening in OP's pic is the total opposite of that.

>wipe it clean

the entire USA econ would go into a total tail spin with out California. If we were a country we would being in the top 6 in over all GDP. How do you think all those welfare red states on the federal welfare tit are getting their money? It's California.

Niggers riot 15 minutes after earthquake and start looting the shoe, electronics and liquor stores.

Earthquakes are common in California and Jefferson to an extent. This really isn't anything new.

problem is the tension still builds even with relief, they need a big fat fucking 8.0 in the next couple of years or shits fucked beyond imagine.

the warning signs would be bursting pipes and the subways visibly warping. its possible that the city actually splits in half a bit

LARP
kys
MODS are fags for allowing these threads to exist. jfc

stop the attention seeking LARP behavior. Yes California is overdue for a large quake, stop acting like you have some information the average geology enthusiast doesn't

What tired rhetoric.

You're actually wrong. I post in Cali hate threads sometimes and I've even posted in these before, but if you want an actual unbiased, non troll answer then yes, you are overdue for a big one in Socal. The San Andreas fault line has relieved tension on the northern section(1906 quake) and central section(1857 quake), but the southern section has been building tension for years. Notice how all the larger mini quakes are in the north and central, but the south has only experienced 2.0 to 3.0 events at the most? That isn't enough to relieve the massive amounts of tension, but they are not necessarily fore shocks. It could be tomorrow or much, much longer, but it is going to happen.

I fucking knew it!

>Be Me, UTI Sac campus, taking piss in stall because urinals all occupied.
>Hear deep thud sound.
>Water in toilet bowl impacts front edge and then ripples backward.
>MFW entire building shifted .5 inches and nobody else seemed to notice...

super glue was invented to keep the socal plates together. thats why nothing happens. ya gotta stop huffing the paint and get with the glue man.

o and can i get 25 cents bc im like an aspiring actor living in a tent. yea. yea thats right

You want someone to deposit 0.25 into your account?

I’m from San Diego. I had 2 separate dreams on the same night about earthquakes just the other day. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve had a feeling about a coming disaster.

>shut up you fucking pseudo-intellectual faggot
I quoted the most important part of that post just in case you somehow missed it the first time around

Checked. May my life end in the Big One. I was never gonna make it anyway.

>monitoring

>alive just in time to visit scenic Arizona Bay
So uh, how does this affect Yellowstone?

Australia is gay now let's just push it there.

>fault relieving pressure fairly equally along it's entire length
>HABBNBNENNING111111

That's not how it works fampai. If there was going to be a big one, there'd either be lots of activity at one point/end of the fault and absolutely none on the rest, or a fuckhuge deep earthquake somewhere in the vicinity.

Are most major companies gonna be in trouble when the super-quake happens since thousands upon thousands of them headquarter in Cali there?
Or do big places have backup buildings elsewhere?

I'd love to see a apocalyptic disaster happen in my lifetime, but I don't want to deal with the political fallout of it. Imagine how much people are gonna try and blame Trump.

basically

Sorry. When i get angry earthquakes happen. And ive been angry a lot lately.

Kim is gonna be so pissed when half of CA goes under and his missile lands in the ocean yet again

It would be amazing if the big one did happen when they stage some anti-whatever shit.

I cant remember what it is called but there is something about fault lines where a series of earthquakes might cause a build up of pressure somewhere in the fault line and cause a serious earthquake.

Just a heads up. North America hasnt had its 8.0+ quake yet.

>nuclearwinter.tiff

I live in California and I fucking hope so

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yGytv7H9RUA

This guy has a pretty good stream for watching earthquakes and earthquake prediction

I'm in San Diego and I hope I feel the big one that sinks Hollywood.

Can't take refugees if you are refugees

5.5 here in korea today

That's the California spirit.

Geology fag here. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about

>only 2000 dead
it wont even matter

Nobody fucking cares dude

I've only ever heard the opposite; that a series of small earthquakes is a means of releasing the pressure buildup.
The fault lines near Iberia are active every single day at < 4. It's rare that it goes any higher than that, at least since the big one in 1755 which I'm guessing is at least one of the reasons for the insane amount of fractures in the continental plate west of our territory. Pic related.

Man, you guys are full on fucking retarded when it comes to Earthquakes.

Anything below a 3.0 and you cannot even feel it. 3.0 Earthquakes are so common infact that they happen pretty much all the damned time. Literally there is millions of them a year and it's possible you experience several of them a day but you do not feel shit.

4.0 and below is so insignificant it might feel like a car driving past your house. These are so common that thousands of them happen every day.

5.0 and below is something you'll feel (slightly), but they're still so weak they couldn't cause damage to a mud hut. Also incredibly common, hundreds per day happen.

You niggers need to read up on the Richter scale. We've had these retarded ass happening threads for years and it's always HABBENING 3.2 EARTHQUAKE THE END OF THE WORLD!!!

We can only hope.

It's funny how 1906 was 111 years ago.