Why are these "single man takes care of kid" shows becoming more and more common?

Why are these "single man takes care of kid" shows becoming more and more common?

Because it's cute.

this show was literally full house
with less girls

Abe propaganda.

I wonder if there's any correlation with these and the lack of sex, new marriages, and children in Japan. Otaku growing up and getting fatherly insticts that they can't act upon and use these shows as an outlet, maybe?

It's not just a japanese thing. One of the most effective ways of earning a profit through pandering is exploiting the fatherly instinct.
Just look at a different media: videogames.
Bioshock Infinite, Telltale's The Walkind Dead, The Last of Us, Lisa. All of those printed money to the point where Sony is rebooting God of War as a TLOU clone.

To lure inn the singel women in their late twenties. It's "endearing" to see a man be able to take care of a kid on their own, so i guess it panders to a lot of women.

It's actually pandering to men. Notice how the children are usually girls. As said, otaku who watch anime have gotten older and are getting the biological urge to be a father.

Because otaku grew up.

You actually make a good point user, i didn't think of it that way. I guess it makes sense, men in their 30's start wanting babies so i guess the logical step would be single dad anime. Well i guess it can pander to both genders really.

Yotsuba&! is Shounen.
Barakamon is Shounen.
Amaama to Inazuma is Seinen.
Udon no Kuni no Kiniro Kemari is Seinen.

Usagi Drop is Josei but Daikichi is no longer a father nor single by the end of the manga.

This, Shinzo knows otaku weak spots and fight them with daughteru feels.

Men in both the East and West are realizing you can have a happy family without needing the unneccessary and often detrimental middle woman. Anime and vidya pander to this.

To be fair, there was that really famous anime about raising a daughteru that ended with the father fucking his (adpoted) daughter. Which was made by a woman to satisfy her 'wanting to fuck daddy' fetish. But most of the time it panders to men. There might be an equivalent for women as well but I don't watch shoujo.

Just kinda figured it pandered to both, or at least can. I haven't really watched any of the anime's mentioned above, since they don't seem like my thing. I was thinking of watching Amaama to Inazuma because it looked cute, but haven't gotten around to it.

>but Daikichi is no longer a father nor single by the end of the manga

All father daughter shows should end the way usagi drop's manga did.

Can you really adopt a kid as a single father? Most of these stories just have the kid fall into the guy's life out of nowhere.

It's the ultimate wish fulfillment. Taking care of a cute kid (usually a daughter) without having a bitchy wife around.

This basically.

no, its actually really hard for anyone single to adopt, but its easier for women to do it.

If you are a relative becoming a guardian I'm sure you could. A random kid from an adoption agency? Nope.

So the ideal life is about being together with your best male friend und raising a child together?

Moe

Because Disney did it.

Social experiment.

Too much virgins into anime

Adoption of a non-relative is basically impossible.

i loved that game!!!!

>Udon is seinen
that's surprising. I was 100% sure it was jousei before I looked it up.

I should play it more often.

I was also talking about the show.

The "father-son" thing is just a subplot, it's basically about a dude in his thirties who can't let go of the past.

This. It's less about Poco and more about Souta dealing with the passing of his father.

Ellie is fucking adorable and 60% of the reason I plated the game.

Great story but really depressing ending.

That was a american idea however.

with boring highschool bullshit
and the worst but its not incest

Also, it's the same thing with Yotsuba&!, the dad only exists because he has to exist. The story's just about a weird girl interacting with the characters and the world around her. That's why it's called Yotsuba&!, because each chapter is Yotsuba + something else.