Want to go back and experience Yu Gi Oh again. My main question is which version to go with, 4kids anime...

Want to go back and experience Yu Gi Oh again. My main question is which version to go with, 4kids anime, Japanese anime, or manga? I'm leaning towards the manga simply for the stuff before duel monsters and I want to see Yugi be a dick which I hear he is more of in the manga, but i'm not opposed to the anime.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-32NGYLqwAQ&list=PLTagxffHmpfT765IfQj68dMmfFs3W7s1f
twitter.com/AnonBabble

japanese

Manga if you've never read it.

>I'm leaning towards the manga simply for the stuff before duel monsters and I want to see Yugi be a dick
You can also watch season zero for that

Season 0 is such a shit adaptation though.

Read the manga, if you can stick Takahashi's early art. Shit in duelist kingdom makes more sense because there's no bullshitting with continuities between different adaptations.

Read the manga
The animated version of main duels is nice
Orichalcos is worth it for the amazing aspulls and Yami going berserk

I'll go with the manga, thanks.

I'm fine to just buy the viz ones, right?

>Orichalcos is worth it
40 episodes of ruined characters, pointless OCs, and contradictory plotlines are not "worth it", even for the few moments that are hilariously bad.

Mostly. They're better than any fan translation you'll find. There are still a lot of questionable choices (such as added lines that ruin the tone and/or make it much more camp), and the other series all use the dub names for some reason if you bother reading them, but Viz is fine. Get the 3-in-1 edition. It's not any worse than the originals, but it's cheaper.

Japanese Duel Monsters (2000).

Best thing in the franchise.

The manga is the best thing by far.

The anime is ok. It wasn't really the best adaptation but it has its moments. I would recommend just watching BC and the last duel from the final arc. Filler isn't really worth it and needless to say the entire anime is a separate canon from the manga too.

Cool, thanks.

>BAHZAHKAH SOUL isn't worth it
kys

English anime has the better voice actors

The accents are memes. Dan Green and Eric Stuart are the only good VAs in the dub.

in any dub except space dandy and hellsing ultimate*

But they're still pretty damn good.

All of them

4kids for the invisible guns.

There's also Dan Greens voice I suppose.

youtube.com/watch?v=-32NGYLqwAQ&list=PLTagxffHmpfT765IfQj68dMmfFs3W7s1f

Damn, the japanese uncensored version is so hard to find.

>fifteen seconds is worth the part of the show that cemented it as terrible

No, it's not.

Was it autism?

The problem with Orichalcos is that the "big twist" of Yugi losing his soul happened for literally no reason. Nothing was at stake in the duel when Raphael forced him to play the Seal. If Yami had just surrendered the duel before playing it, there would have been no consequences.