Flip Flappers

I didn't have the motivation to watch anime for the past couple months, but this one caught my eye for some reason.

Just finished the first episode, and holy shit.

This one is something special, isn't it.

Not really there's a few anime like this every year

>Just finished the first episode
Watch the rest. Now.

step into the rainbow

Remember the sodium vapour lights

They're relevant to the plot

it's pretty good, best in a couple years but I dunno if it's "special"

I took the exact same screenshot OP and made it my desktop background.
wtf is going on

Hey that's not a bad idea.

Anyone have the final version of the episode 5 grids?

Only have version 2

Eh, it's okay.

>This one is something special, isn't it.
It's certainly feeling that way. I really hope it manages to maintain its present quality, because it will definitely become a classic if it does.

um I was watching Flip Flappers before it was popular just fyi tbqh desu

I just have this version.

uh huh

>tfw I almost passed it over because the chart synopsis made it sound like a children's show.
I'm glad Sup Forums was talking about it or I would've missed it entirely. I made the same mistake with penguindrum and only took notice after it was like 9 episodes in.

Good work picking it up OP. Flip Flappers is fucking magical so far, I haven't been able to get this kind of elated feel from anime in years and I hope it can keep up the good work.

This. Flip Flappers got me back into animu after years away. Hopefully it flips its flop status and becomes a classic.

I felt the same about lack of motivation. I thought maybe it's the result of ageing but Flip Flappers revealed that I'm still manchild capable of enjoying cartoons

Never let go of your whimsical spirit, user!

>This one is something special, isn't it.
Special as in completely terrible characters and nonexistent plot? Yes.

People who complain about FF's writing deserve to only watch LN adaptations until they die.

Why are puppies so cute?

The anime industry chases trends.
The trends I loved are on the way out and the new trends are ones I like less.

It's just a fact of life, I'm sure film buffs and bookworms face the same thing.

Cats are cuter.

It will be if the quality keeps up, and it probably will since all the episodes are already done.
I haven't been legitimately excited about anime for a long time, FliFla is incredibly fun.

>that image

fukken saved

Maybe if it were about the "antagonists" it would be. As it stands it's not even the best of the year. Either way Rakugo is probably better. I thought flashy action only fooled children, but it seems I was wrong.

you and OP should test your "impedance", if you know what I mean...

haven't been in threads lately, what's the prevailing theory on why the ED changed slightly?

so far the anime is making the effort to give each episode a distinctive mood/atmosphere, since it's generally about them travelling to different worlds of sorts.

It's definitely a fun ride, but I'm not expecting much fulfillment in its story.

Why the fuck do people who don't watch anime think they should be posting on Sup Forums?

Flashy action only fools children and retards, but it's a good thing that Flip Flappers doesn't need to fool anyone because it's very good outside its action too.

The apex of a pile of shit is still shit.

>Papika whenever she encounters Yayaka

you can always watch older shows. But OP suggests he's not watching any, meaning this isn't an issue of changing trends, rather just a pleb shitter who's come across their seasonal bandwagon.
>I don't watch much anime at all, but wow, I really like this one I came across just now
Fucking cancer.

Who /spice/ here?

Why there's no Papikana Kissu fanart but there's like 3 with Yoyoko? She was supposed to be the new Tamao , holy shit.

how would it be better if it were about the antagonists? I watched Rakugo, was disappointed, I think this blows it out of the water thus far

It looks good visually, that's about it. It's ultimately devoid of real substance, and nothing more than pretty pictures, with the character interactions actually dragging it down and distracting from what it does well, which is unfortunate.

>also dr. salt
really gets the neurons firing

In a couple of weeks Sup Forums will start hating this show because too many people like it

Screencap this

Depends on what you want. I just wanted a better Space Dandy and was not disappointed.

>hershey's
>fiesta
Those are some shit quality flappers right there.

>too many people like it
Impossible, literally nobody likes Flip Flappers but us.

>anime made to showcase interesting animation doesn't focus on it's narrative
who could have thought

I also really like Rakugo, but comparing it and Flip Flappers is apples and oranges.
Both succeed wonderfully at what they set out to do, but they are totally different things.

You're full of pie.

By all means, show us how a real flipping connoisseur does it.

Is thia any good or just a ripoff of madoka

Go streamfagbait somewhere else.

This show will never catch on in the mainstream, it's too late. And that's what's necessary for a show to become truly reviled. It might happen for Drifetrs, but at worst you're going to see "stop talking about this all the time" vs. "our own Sup Forums anime" warring for Flip Flappers.

I'd say this is more consistent than Dandy, but Dandy's best episodes are much better.

Need to add their eyes
And a salt shaker with Doctah Saruto's dumb glasses

The only thing that you could argue is a ripoff of Madoka is the world of PI being similar to Witch Dome's.

Other than that it has no similarities.

>just a ripoff of madoka
no, thats ikusei

Fortunately is nothing like madoka

No, Flip Flappers is a storm in a teacup here on Sup Forums. Almost no one else cares about it at all.
At the moment it's something we can share, but If it suddenly gets widely popular, then people will start to hate it.

Dandy's best episodes are indeed amazing, but they tend to have the "why is this even Space Dandy" problem. The Ded Dandy episode is by far the best and that could just have been a random short film without losing anything.

I don't hate it, but hate the people it attracts. People like OP, who don't even watch anime, come across something seasonal, watch one single episode, and decide to make a thread on Sup Forums. Probably doesn't even lurk Sup Forums either, seeing as they missed the season. Complete and utter retards who have no appreciation for the medium, and are all crossposting on Sup Forums.

Nobody? I can't possibly be the only one who noticed.

Probably means someon'es going to die

No theory. OPs and EDs change all the time.

That one tiny timing change is not enough to establish any sort of pattern, even if you're doing your best litfag impression.

We'll see if this is a trend, then we'll talk.

Ikusei Keikaku is Madoka with lesbians, actually.

Ikusei is a completely different type of show than Madoka. Madoka isn't a plot-heavy thriller where plot twists make up for bland presentation.

I smelled your post, those two spices have no chemistry together.

I was just joking.

Are you implying Madoka is without lesbians?

That's obviously for $$$ reasons.
The episodic nature of the show makes it easy to play around with, and the characters remain consistent, so once I realized the stories were basically unrelated (after they died a bunch of times) it didn't bother me.

G̵̭͕̥͔̬͚̳̞̜͎̫̪͎̖͔̤̽̾̊ͫ̐̆̇ͤ̓ͮ͟͢ǫ̴̖̘̼̜̱̭̰͎͂͐ͧͫ̀͆̄̔͋̋͌͜͞k̝̣̯͙̱͚̪̩̤̻̉̿ͣ̈́ͫ͘͞ͅǐ̤̳͉̦̪͍̜̼ͬ́̄͗̊̑̓̂̇̓̅̚͟͝ͅg̵̴ͧ͑̒͋ͭ̓̃̿̔́͏̦̳͎̬̠̬̖̠̬͍̞͎͈͔͍̺̫̙e̷̴͈̞̹̰͙͙̗̮͙̭̘̘͎̭̘̳̗̲͍̍͑͑͛ͮͧ͌̐ͪ̾ͯ͝n̶̴̺͙̩̪̟͔̟͎̫̭͇̫̥͚̈̋̉̑ͣ͌ͯ̉͌͑ͤ̐͗ͬͭ́͟͝y̷͉̘̪͙̼̝̰̥̮̽̀́ͣ̆̎̏̊̿̅ͬ͋͘͠ͅő̢͍̝͔͇̮͖̮͉̝̹̭̬̝̬̼́͂͐̏ͬ̓͆͌͐̾ͧ̊̀̿͘͝ͅũ̵̦̰͓͙̬͎̹̤ͣͦ̊̾̄ͫͨ̈̑͒́͂̕ͅ
-
-

I thought ikusei was supposed to be more of a ripoff of danganropa?

Yeah, except Ikusei is good.

Well the other obvious problem is that Space Dandy episodes can also be really, really fucking bad.

What changed? I can't tell and I can't figure out how to get mpc to play two videos at the same time.

>tumblr_oezyi2

it was never below good in my opinion

>Madoka isn't a plot-heavy thriller where plot twists make up for bland presentation
You're joking right?

It's FLCL of our generation.

the bit where papika hides behind a tree used to be 100% a repeating loop, now there's a part where cocona waits much longer as if to fake her out at the end.

Okay, fair enough. If there will even be a trend though and we just don't know what it means yet, is there anything we can infer from it changing only in episode 3? If a trend were to emerge, that would mean the episodes where the ED changes are significant somehow, right?

that's silly

It's already happening to me. Luckily I can enjoy something even without the threads, but I'm starting to hate the threads.

Well, I suppose I already started when the yurifags started appearing after episode three.

post the other ones

but the name is dumb

I wish

>I don't watch anime
Now it makes sense why this fanbase is so horrible.

What was her name again?

It will probably have a PROFOUND and DEEP hidden meaning, just like Punch Line

Please don't cover her forehead

Well first of all you can't call Madoka's presentation "bland", even if you don't like it.

Secondly, Ikusei Keikaku is literally written like a page-turner; the reason to watch the show is just to know what happens next (read: who backstabs whom). Madoka, while also relying on plot twists, is much more about themes and mood.

Punch line was like the stupidest thing I ever enjoyed.

I hope the plot doesn't end up as disappointing as Punch Line's.

I'm not watching this show so I don't know what the differences are but I'd say Madoka is structured like a page-turner.

And you're right, it doesn't look -that- bland, but the good parts are mostly contained in the Inu Curry segments.

The characters are so predictable and boring that it becomes annoying waiting for them to stop flirting and for something to happen. If they weren't holding back the show so hard, it could have been great.

It honestly depends where they're going with the story.

If it keeps going around in circles like it has for the last couple of episodes and never really goes anywhere until the last couple of episodes then just rushes in an ending then it'll be garbage.

It will need to really start actually progressing the plot and telling the audience more about what's going on in the next couple of episodes if it's going to really be worth it over all.

They timeskipped through two iterations of PI that would have otherwise only been there to establish a status quo, so I'm a little hopeful that they know how to pace the plot.

Madoka is narratively structured like a page-turner, but it has a lot of moments in between where it's just a mood piece. Ikusei Keikaku is literally just plot point plot point plot point plot point plot point.

In short, the difference is not the script, it's the execution. And I'm not even saying that one or the other is better, if anything the plot of Ikusei Keikaku is more easily entertaining, but it doesn't have ANYTHING else.