Slowpoke here

Slowpoke here.

I'm upset.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y37D0BvACv0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know. That random shark getting cut in half was a true tragedy.

if it wasn't for that ending I would of rewatched this many times

Barbarian loli not getting more screentime was the saddest part.

> Not re-watching the last episode a lot for that savage beatdown of the Shogun's swordsmen

As it is though, I had a question from another thread that never got answered, which is, why did Shichika kill the Shogun at the end? What reason did he have?

>there are people TO THIS DAY who still don't understand and/or dislike the ending

I am upset author drop the whole Ho-oh/Emonzaemon/Maniwa connection thing, with we getting cheated out of Ho-oh battle is the worst.
Also the white hair dude(Kakuhei?) 's goal. I believed i read somewhere that his lineage is the failed prototype of Shichika's lineage and he actually tried to do what Shichika did at the end (destroyed all swords) since the beginning. Anyway that didn't revealed or elaborate in anime and just got forgotten.

so how many layers of pretending was Togame on?

at the end, was she pretending to be pretending the whole time so Shichika could forget about her?

i want to deny the possibility she hadn't changed
i mean
she cut her hair, right? and this is Nisio, right?

He is the reason for Togame's sufferring, obsession with revenge, and eventually her untimely death.

It was better that she died from bullets than in child birth. No way she would survive having a kid.

d-don't get the wrong idea, baka
i don't dislike it
i rather like works that make me feel things
i quite like Nisio's habit of pulling the rug out from under conventional storytelling

doesn't change the fact I'm considerably upset

fastest bossrush in the history of chinese cartoons

My favorite part is when the girl is shot to death and then as she lies bleeding on the ground she explains to the MC she never loved him.

I know based psycho sister should have gotten more screentime

> was she pretending to be pretending the whole time so Shichika could forget about her?

No, the whole thing was that all the emotions she felt toward Shichika and even her desire to live on with him did exist, but Togame still held her revenge plan above that, and ended up 'using' her own emotions as part of her plan.

When she's dying, she's genuinely happy as it means her plan has failed and she doesn't have to Kill Shichika, she doesn't need to lie or scheme anymore ((which is why the snake + eye dissapear)) That last moment before she dies is one of true honesty and without any ulterior motives.

As it is though, she probably would have gone through with the plan to kill Shichika if her plan had worked, that was how twisted she was at that point. She'd been living her whole life for the sake of her revenge.

Why was the music for this show so good? Best soundtrack of the decade still.

youtube.com/watch?v=y37D0BvACv0

>Nanami gets episode 7
Like pottery
Actually though that episode was a masterwork.

> He is the reason for Togame's sufferring, obsession with revenge, and eventually her untimely death.

How is that? He wasn't the original Shogun who ordered the sword hunt. Togame pitched the idea to gather the swords herself to gain fame, it wasn't like it was against her will. Shichika even says that Togame brought everything on herself, so he doesn't have any more reason to kill the Shogun as he would Hitei, he was just the object of her power climb, and okay, maybe some kind of 'revenge' towards his predecessor, but Shichika killing him for that doesn't make sense.

White Fox first project so they went all out.

> That final cheerio

I mean, it was foreshadowed a little when she was talking to illusion-holy-man-girl-thing and she says she's willing to throw anything and everything away when it comes to her objective, but

I dunno, maybe it's the Princess Denial talking but it sounded like she was trying to convince herself. She'd been living her whole life for revenge yes but the last year had changed her, but to her if she were to admit she'd changed it'd mean all that had been for nothing. So she had no choice but to act as though she was still twisted.

I think if she hadn't died then things might've been different. More time with Shichika, more time spent doing non-revenge things, and the changes that'd started might've sunk in.

So in a manner of speaking she dies before fulfilling either her revenge ambition or perhaps the secret ambition she'd never allowed herself to admit, the live a normal life and tour the country and make maps.

Orrrrr I'm desperately trying to fanwank armchair psychology in order to fit things into a ordinary boy meets girl romance type deal.

I'm certainly not saying she wouldn't have struggled with her feelings for Shichika vs. her revenge plan, but overall it seemed like she had forced herself into a corner, so to speak, regarding what she had to do.

The last year had made her change dramatically, yes, but as I said, Togame had enough self awareness to notice this and still kept on the idea that her feelings are just pawns to further her plans, and that she is a schemer by nature.

She may have been lying, but the matter-of-fact way she talked about killing Shichika as she died made me think that she really would have been able to do it, even if it would have destroyed her emotionally.

Maybe it is meant to be ambiguous, but that's just how I see it.

Rationally I understand this but my weak girlish kokoro doesn't want to accept it. Either way thanks for humoring me.

I suspect this is a show with considerable rewatch value so I'll be on the lookout for that next time around.

After a suitable mourning period that is, I don't want those feelings again for a while.

It's what happens when you combine the music of Princess Mononoke with Samurai Champloo. And only someone like Iwasaki could have pulled it off.

I love this track.
I love Katanagatari.

dick

Correct.