Forget re:zero

Forget re:zero

This pic related is the best isekai anime created so far and I doubt it will be topped for a long time

That art looks familiar.
Same author as Hellsing?

Yes.

it any good ?
what's it even called?

The 90s called. They want you back.

hint: it's a style of driving

Kamikaze?

Drifters is isekai? I mean, is as much Isekai as Dragon Ball.

historical figures of their time get sucked in to another world

>isekai

New memeword of Sup Forums

It's 'people from earth go to a fantasy world'. That's isekai. Just because they're not ordinary high school students doesn't make it not isekai.

Calling it right now, this is what Sup Forums's gonna be shitposting about in 2017

has Sup Forums forgotten about me already?

user, Sup Forums has been shitposting about isekai since ZnT. This is nothing new.

Doesn't Goku always come and go from another worlds too? That's basically the whole DBZ storyline, anyways, not the point. Drifters doesn't feel that much of an Isekai, more like a crazy game like Battle Royale but with historical figures.

Dunbine/escaflowne tops all/

Isekai is "Person from earth is teleported/transported/reincarnated/etc" to fantasy world. It's not space exploration, it's a very specific genre with very specific tropes.

>Drifters doesn't feel that much of an Isekai, more like a crazy game like Battle Royale but with historical figures.

...who are transported into a fantasy world, making it an isekai.

Shit is easily forgotten. I mean, do you remember every time you take a dump?

I'm talking about the semantics of what makes something isekai, haven't seen that yet, though I really don't bother with isekai threads

Something sounds off about your explanation, the difference being that one is fantasy and the other is "real"? Also
>what's DBZ heaven arc
Though I could say the same about Hunter x Hunter and Greed Island.

>what's DBZ heaven arc

Filler. Also, heaven in DBZ is a real physical place that you can just walk/teleport into and out of. Don't think about it too hard.

>Though I could say the same about Hunter x Hunter and Greed Island.

Greed Island is also a real place in-story, and also not isekai because it took place in a fantasy world to begin with.

That's like saying that a novel is a "romance" novel if it has a couple in it. Just like how GoT has characters who romance each other and it isn't categorized as a romance novel, Drifters has people from earth transported to a fantasy world, but it isn't an "isekai" anime.

>, Drifters has people from earth transported to a fantasy world, but it isn't an "isekai" anime.
>drifters meets the ONE criteria to be an isekai but it isn't an isekai

Drifters has been fun so far. Obunaga, yoichi and Iyoyasu(did I spell that right?) are a pretty great cast and I like how hirano depicts tactics, strategy and warfare. I just wish he'd cut back on the autistic humor.

Should I read the manga though? I kind of want to get more of the story without waiting so long.

People tend to do that when you go to jail.

Drifters don't feel litrpg.
They're isekai allright.

The anime has basically just been the manga with a neat OP and ED, so if you play those in the background and read it you'll get the same experience.

You're like those faggots who think Japanese cartoons aren't anime, and RWBY is. "It doesn't feel like the usual flavor of X, so it isn't X, even though it meets the criteria that make something X".

>I just wish he'd cut back on the autistic humor
I like it though. It's like shitposting, but in real life.

No, user, it's like saying GoT is a fantasy series even though it's mostly about middle-ages politics and the fantasy elements aren't really the focus.

>not much of an isekai
>entire premise is important historical figures going to another world
>isekai means other world

It's as isekai as it comes. If by isekai you mean bakaoniichanharemgenericprotagwithoutpersonalitygoesfantasyandbecomesdemonlordorhero then you are picking a EXTREMELY specific part of the isekai genre.

But people being pulled into another world is a pretty fucking big focus of Drifters, you fucking moron. Besides, something being an isekai isn't tangent upon the amount of time dedicated to driving home the fact that it is an isekai anyway.

>If by isekai you mean bakaoniichanharemgenericprotagwithoutpersonalitygoesfantasyandbecomesdemonlordorhero then you are picking a EXTREMELY specific part of the isekai genre.

...but also what 90% of the genre falls into.

I'm not perfect at analogies okay.

>magical zombies invasion
>RC animals
>Fucking dragons
>Spies with interchangeable faces
user what the fuck is it then?
It's just not "High" fantasy enough.
It's fantasy alright.

>one criteria of an isekai

Nah. There's more than one factor in isekai. RPG elements. High Fantasy. Shitty generic protag who turns out to be a god tier being on some level. Shitty harem of random waifus.

Isekai is a very specific genre of interdimensional travel. It's specifically targeting bored middle age or neets who are bored with their lives and need escapism where they aren't working a 9-5 but can't enjoy shit where they can't self insert.

The only thing Drifters has from isekai is the other world scenario but thats only a small part of the shit that it has. The protag is well defined and focused in Drifters. He's not some no name betamax virgin who somehow gets ball deep in the finest pussy in the land.

The guy has a point though. Inuyasha and Bleach are isekais, but nobody refer at them as "isekai". Your RWBY comparison it's way too out of proportion since it's a much more clear field, and I think that calling you a faggot would be appropriate, but I won't.

>There's more than one factor in isekai. RPG elements. High Fantasy. Shitty generic protag who turns out to be a god tier being on some level. Shitty harem of random waifus.

No. There's one. All that other stuff is just common tropes of the genre. This is not hard to understand, user.

after furiously google why I'm a little disappointed

oh well that'll give him plenty of time to write some new content while he's in jail

I liked ZnT more at least it understood humor.

>but also what 90% of the genre falls into.
That's still fucking irrelevant. Is NGE not a mecha anime because it acts differently from other mecha anime and subverts the cliches? Is Madoka not a mahou shoujo because mahou shoujo were typically not dark before it was made? That's not how things work.

Dumbass tried to swindle out of taxes two times.
What makes you think he won't try the third one when he's out?

drifters and re:zero are both fucking garbage for different reasons, so no

>Your RWBY comparison it's way too out of proportion since it's a much more clear field
You fucking retard. You absolute fucking mongloid. Do you not even get how this fucking works? Do you not even know what an isekai means? And are we even watching the same series, you piece of waste? Did you totally miss the entire part about how the main focus of the show is pulling people into another world? What the fuck is wrong with you? Is should be calling you a faggot, and I will, you fucking faggot nigger.

They're both trash made for edgy retards

See Try harder, will you?

>It means "other world". Sekai is a word for world and i- is a modifier. You can also see it in the word iseijin, which is i + seijin (person) and is a word for alien. ... Isekai (異世界) is a noun that means parallel universe, another/other/different dimension world
Tell me again how drifters is not isekai, especially when the parallel world stuff is the focus of the series.

DB is isekai then.
Bleach is isekai then.
Yu yu hakusho is isekai then.

The endless specifics you can do with isekai meaning 'another world' is that it's so undefined that it can't be a genre.

Isekai is going to another world without known means of getting back.
Living a life in alien world is what isekai is.
Going between worlds\planes of same World is not Isekai.

What about reading my whole comment and a few more above before replying like a total retard? The main focus of the show is how this world full of crazy military minds develops, just like the main focus of Bleach and Inuyasha are entirely different from just being "isekai". And RWBY is not an anime, it doesn't matters if it looks made for the motherfucking Miyazaki, it's not and it's made outside of Japan, there's no argument in there.

user, 'horror' is just 'scary', 'romance' means 'people who want to fuck', and 'fantasy' is almost impossible to define and for any definition you give you'll probably be able to find a story or two that doesn't fit but is still fantasy. That's how genres work.

The main focus of the show is how crazy military minds from Earth are faring in another world.
Which is Isekai by definition.
What the fuck are you lot even argue about?
It's literally another world where people from Earth are transported.

>Isekai is going to another world without known means of getting back.

Not him but Outbreak Company and GATE are considered isekai.

I don't know about Outbreak Company and I didn't finish the GATE.
Wasn't there a moment where they could not get back and were forced to resort to muskets?

What? Anyways, what you are trying to say doesn't make sense, being held back make it an isekai? By this new definition now every show mentioned in this thread it is an Isekai, though that's what I been trying to say.

>They tipped their arrows in literal feces

Is this an actual tactic that Japs used?

>isekai this, isekai that, stuff isekai in where it doesn't fit for good measure

Fucking hate it when Sup Forums spazes out on a new word.

This is actual tactic a shitload of civilizations used throughout history.
Recent examples being Vietnam.
>inb4 Nanking rape posts

The English did that too, though they weren't supposed to.

>2004
>new

>Isekai
>Sup Forums
>new
user, there is nothing new about it.

>shitload
u cheeky cunt

Black lagoon is the best isekai
jap salaryman transported to 80s action movie land

New fucking world make it Isekai.
No, Hell and Heaven is not another world.
No, Doctor Who like switching between worlds is not Isekai.
Why?
Because other things are main focus there, not this Brand New World specifically.
You're trolling, right?

It's just a title about a movie then.
Wasn't there some specials featuring the filming set and "actors"?

Well, you couldn't tell by how much you shitlords use it.

NA NA NAANANA NANANAANA

KATAMARI DAMACY

Are you even reading what you are replying to? Anyways, thanks for the support.

U'r welcome mate.

It means soldiers end up getting sick and they spread disease from their wounds.

>couldn't tell
A retard then

Anyone else like the ED more?

The people making the show, apparently

>reddit:zero
>best

I guess drifters is OP's first 90-00esc OVA.

Shhh. This is the shitppsting thread. Don't be affected by the haypills in here.

hint: Initial D

Thats not saying much considering all isekai is shit

>implying Alice in Wonderland is bad

Isekai literally means "new world" you fucking numbskulls. Drifters is Isekai

As if this is not

>it any good ?
It's from Hellsing's author, why do you expect it to br good?

I listen to the OP on repeat and it's still not enough.

Too bad it's often ruined by shitty unfunny comedy.

The best part of it is reading edgy shitters complainig about humour.

Mighty kind of you to bump the thread with bait user.

I'm but not

Still: mighty kind of you

This I'm not even gonna slash

>RPG literally means "a game in which you play a role" you fucking numbskulls.
Gears of War is my favourite RPG.

"new world" is Shinsekai.
Isekai is "another (different) world"

Dragon Ball?

Except it manages to have even more boring dialogue and unfunny jokes than Re:Zero.

Had to rewatch the OP for the 20th time.
Just realized they already have Akechi in the background.

Kek