I've seen end of Eva 10 times now but still don't get certain things:

I've seen end of Eva 10 times now but still don't get certain things:

1. How does Seele intend to start third impact? Does it only require unit one, MPEs and the lance? When the lance was lost, did they send Kaworu to get Adam so they could do third impact differently?

2. Do all angels need to be rekt before third impact can happen?

3. Was Gendo trying to put Adam into Rei so she'd merge with Lilith? If so, did he realize it was fucked when she cut off his hand cuz she wasn't supposed to do that? Did his plan involve losing his hand or did Rei do that as an additional screw you before turning to god?

4. What wacky combos of things like unit one, the lance, Adam, Lilith, Kaworu and Rei can start third impact?

None of it matters tbqh
The plot is simply an instrument

I understand the themes are more important, but I already have an in depth understanding of those. Now I just wanna get these nit picky things down.

>Does it only require unit one
Unit one's core is Lilith's core.
Unit one is made from the bottom half of Lilith.

It's a shitty show written by a depressed emo virgin that was spiteful against everyone.

Only try hard weebs, glorify this waste of animated heap of shit.

SEELE wanted third impact so they could all be one in tang, to do so they needed 01 (Adam based)
Kaworu was there just to fuck up with shinji so hard that he would trigger 01 into instrumentality mode, though the puppet was lied to that he would be able to kick in the angel instrumentality by getting insde NERV

No, but its safer that way, angels wil not go tang because they are from a different seed of life than lilians

Yes, and yes, he realizes he got fucked once rei gets his hand, Rei did that because her version of the third impact revoves in letting shinji make the choice

Basically there are 4 groups wanting instrumentality
Angels want it because it would clean all lilian filth in the planet and they will be the dominant life forms on earth like they were before the Lilians came

SEELE wants it so humanity can "evolve" into a singularity

Gendo wants it so he can be one with Yui again (who is inside 01, fused with the core)

Rei wants it to let shinji make his final choice

Fucked up, 01 is Lilith based, not Adam, but other than that, everything is right (as far as I know)

>How does Seele intend to start third impact? Does it only require unit one, MPEs and the lance? When the lance was lost, did they send Kaworu to get Adam so they could do third impact differently?

They probably knew the Lance could be summoned under the right circumstances and rekt Asuka with this in mind

>2. Do all angels need to be rekt before third impact can happen?

I think they just waited until they were all killed to make sure they couldn't interfere.

>3. Was Gendo trying to put Adam into Rei so she'd merge with Lilith?
Yes
>If so, did he realize it was fucked when she cut off his hand cuz she wasn't supposed to do that?
Yes
>Did his plan involve losing his hand or did Rei do that as an additional screw you before turning to god?
Latter

>4. What wacky combos of things like unit one, the lance, Adam, Lilith, Kaworu and Rei can start third impact?

Those three are all necessary, in a sense. I mean, you don't explicitly need Rei or Kaworu the individuals, but they're directly derived from Adam and Lilith, so...

There's multiple lances.

I don't understand the part with Kaworu. Kaworu was there because he thought there was Adam, but all it would take was him and Lilith to cause third impact. Why would seele risk that?

Kaworu couldn't cause third impact

At that point it was just SEELE vs. Gendo

Kaworu needs to rejoin with his embryo to fully become Adam again, just like Rei needs to join with her body on the cross to become Lilith

He's right, though. He's trying to help you. The real plot and character arcs were pretty much planned before production, but the cosmology was absolutely made up week to week, Lost-style. Then written anew for EoE, then transplanted back to the show with the director's cut years after, then written again years after that for a third party video game. Wanking out a way for it to be self-consistent and intended all along is the actual faggotry that goes on at evageeks.

What's so special about Rei and Kaworu? Why are they specifically the ones to join with Adam and Lilith?

Proof?

Because they are Adam and Lilith. They've just been put into human vessels.

How? How does sitting in the spank tank with LCL and taking pills make Rei's soul that of Lilith?

Rei is a clone of Yui using Lilith's parts, some of Lilith soul got rubbed into her, and her EVA unit too

And if Gendo has Adam how is Kaworu part Adam?

Also, when Gendo put his hand in Rei was it to transfer Adam over?

This is pretty much it. NGE isn't the perfectly planned out masterpiece that many people perceive it to be. The simplest proof of this is the original TV ending. Don't get me wrong though, the themes and message of the show is still just as strong, in my opinion.

This x 10000000000

Gendo was expecting Rei to fuse with him so he could start instrumentaity and become godlike so he could be with Yui, he fused Adam into his hand thinking that way nobody would trick him over and start instrumentality without him

IIRC Kaworu is the reincarnation of Adam or some shit

The original TV ending is amazing, and so is EoE. I personally prefer EoE but it comes down to personal taste.

Wouldn't he be with yui in Seele's instrumentality?

Nope, SEELE wants complete tang
to achieve his goal, gendo needs to tang first Unit 01 to extract Yui, since 01 is a god machine he needs to achieve god mode first to do that

Gendo has Adam's body (the embryo). Kaworu has Adam's soul

I'm not saying that the TV ending was unlikable. In fact, I prefer that it exists rather than not existing, as it reveals some of the deeper thoughts of the characters. With that said, fan of it or not, no one can deny it was completely rushed and poorly animated.

So he needs god mode so he can tang yui because she's technically not human anymore?

And was Gendo tang'd the end, or was he just left lying there? Yui seems to have been tang'd, or could she just talk to Shinji through Eva 01?

I think the animation fits well with the topic/theme of the tv ending actually.

Yui was not tanged
she is stil in 01 by the end of the series
She is the only person who won in eva
Her goal was to become a landmark that humanity existed and now she is a huge floating statue in our solar system

I don't disagree that it was rushed and animated on an extremely low budget. But constraint is the mother of invention. I think the circumstances forced the studio to make an analytic, introspective episode instead of a flashier finale, and those limitations gave birth to something truly beautiful.

Still prefer EoE though lol.

So she wouldn't have been tang'd in instrumentality?

Do you really think, if they were given more time and money, they would've still produced the same two episodes, with the same re-used cheap animations and voice lines?

I'm not saying that repetition of animation/lines is inherently cheap and flawed, but there is a big difference between using repetition to fit a planned out theme and repetition to save money. Look at Haruhi's endless eight arc, for example.

that statue will probably be destroyed when Sol eventually goes supernova. CHECKMATE ANNO

heres a real question: why is anno so revered when he made two decent things (WOH and eva) and basically quit anime. his output is pathetic

I think it would've been different, but not enough to really change the themes presented.

Because he made one of the best aminoos (Eva). You don't need to make a million things to be considered a master genius artist.

>Her goal was to become a landmark that humanity existed
Was this also her reasoning for being absorbed into 01 on purpose? What kind of stupid reasoning is that?

Also this is what SEELE actually wanted to do. They were going to be 'saved' by boarding 01 and becoming a singular god-being in it, the rest of humanity could be fucked for all they care

I think it was only on purpose in the shit rebuild movies

It's implied in Fuyutsuki's flashback that everything that had happened to that point was within Yui's grand design. She's basically the puppet master of the whole plot.

>What is Gunbuster
>What is Nadia
>What is Shin Godzilla
>What is The Rebuilds

Eva>Sol

evas get destroyed by n2 mines and machinegun artillery fire i dont think they can survive the sun

most of nadia is bad and pointless. try watching it before replying. also rebuild is just more eva so its still 20 years of nothing new (until gojira, which itself just a remake)

Nope, she requested to activate 01 for the first time, even though she was class S personal that was fundamental to how evas were made and worked
She also requested for shinji to be present with premium seats to witness his mom becoming one with a giant god
In tat regard, rebuild Yui was much more kind to her son, since her plan did not involve mentaly scarring shinji for good

She is one of the few people in the series and probably in the series universe to know about the space turtles, realizing that the progenitors of all life on the universe were forgotten by time made her fall in despair and try to find a way to permanently mark that humanity existed, what better way than fusing with the god you just created? she now became immortal and will probably be around to see the heat death of the universe

Posting best girl.

Asuka thread?

She is best girl and always will be.

This isn't quite right, Lillith's soul didn't rub on Rei, Rei's soul belonged to Lillith.

>. But constraint is the mother of invention
This, the more leeway Anno gets the more indulgent he becomes on useless shit, hanging on the edge of the precipice forced them to focus on the important stuff.

>Do you really think, if they were given more time and money, they would've still produced the same two episodes, with the same re-used cheap animations and voice lines?
No, they would have used new animation but pursued the same effect, I know this because the second half of EoE also drops the plot and basically does a high budget version of the TV ending.

Sadamoto's version implied pretty hard she was already plotting when she brought in Gendo and intentionally conceived Shinji to fulfill it, too. I like to think she was completely on board with Seele until she actually had the kid since fucking none of what happened would be necessary if not for Second Impact.

Some artists are like highly prolific like picasso, others are much more measured in their output like Da Vinci, some artists are child prodigies and find greatness early like Mozart. while others start late and master their craft at the end of their life like Van Gogh.
So don't judge people by those metrics, but only by the quality of what they do.

Actual discussion going on? Nope, let's better kill it with shitsuka

I think it's more a case of her being born into the family business (Ikari Sr. likely being the most senior member of Seele) but as she grows up realizes how horrible it is what she's meant to do and looks for a way out, first by washing her hands of the whole thing and becoming a housewife, but latter deciding to pretend to play ball but in reality upending their plans (the daughter being a wrench in the 'fathers' plans becomes a parallel between Yui and Rei)

Bumping with asuka

but ultimately that's a deception too, a way to recruit Gendo and Fuyutsuki with the idea of a crusade to stop Seele and bring a 'brighter world' but her ultimate goal is to just serve as a living cenotaph for humanity.

>1. How does Seele intend to start third impact? Does it only require unit one, MPEs and the lance? When the lance was lost, did they send Kaworu to get Adam so they could do third impact differently?

The Lance is not required, it just must be accounted for because it is a threat and could stop the impact. To start the Impact only 2 things are required, the body and soul of either Adam or Lilith must be reunited.

Kaworu had Adam's soul, but not his body. He went to Nerv thinking he'd find it there, instead he found Lilith. Adam's body is what Gendo infused into his own.

Seele originally intended to use Lilith, but after Gendo left them no choice they decided to use 01 which was made from her body.

>2. Do all angels need to be rekt before third impact can happen?
Yes, it's not completely explicit why but that they might interfere is good enough for me. Keep in mind, human beings are just another Angel themselves.

>3. Was Gendo trying to put Adam into Rei so she'd merge with Lilith? If so, did he realize it was fucked when she cut off his hand cuz she wasn't supposed to do that? Did his plan involve losing his hand or did Rei do that as an additional screw you before turning to god?
Yes that was Gendo's idea, to combine the body of Adam with the body and the soul of Lilith alongside his soul to create a Third Impact he could direct. Rei betrayed him, he did not plan for that.

>4. What wacky combos of things like unit one, the lance, Adam, Lilith, Kaworu and Rei can start third impact?
01 could start Third Impact because it absorbed an s^2 engine, essentially the Fruit of Life (consider it an Adam like component) while 01 was itself a Lilith like component (fruit of knowledge), together they form a god-like whole that could trigger the impact with the appropriate souls. Any such complete being can do this, which is why the body and soul of Adam and Lilith are kept separate.

At least that's my understanding.

Yui becomes the Voyager Record but the fate of humanity itself was still left up to Shinji. I do still think it really was all for him since involving him in events and getting him the world he wished for was everything gained from refusing another pilot, going back to sleep after gaining a S2, and returning him from absorption instead of growing wings and lighting out of there immediately.

Oh, I agree, everytimes unit 00 went berserk it was to protect shinji, despite what her ultimate goal was, she also wanted to ensure shinji's well being, and must have thought that keeping him in the heart and center of everything that went on might have fated him to suffer but ensure he never became just some random casualty, if you look at it even Asuka despite being a pilot was quite disposable in a way, but Shinji wasn't because Yui made sure of it, Rei too.

>everytime unit 01 went berserk
I should proofread what I post

>people who take a TRANSLATION way too literally
wew lad

Why are people spamming toilets

How did Kaworu end up in the giant Rei?

Giant Rei was basically God
It took the form of Kaworu to calm down/appeal to Shinji

1. We don't know since they screw up and get let out of the picture pretty early on.
2. Pretty much, you see in the episode that Rei dies that he was trying to start an impact of his own. You even see a giant Rei before he self-destructs.
3. Well, he knew he was left behind. He lost Adam and Rei went away to Lilith.
4. Probably the more of Adam and Lilith you have and can control it the more possible it becomes. The Angel in episode 16 and Kaworu were about to start their own impact.

So Rei lied to him?

Honestly, I'm not sure. Kaworu had died before the Third, but Rei clones going back in time isn't unprecedented. The wuestion is whether or not she did actually go back to grab his soul, because on one hand he's an angel, and on the other hand he's the soul of Adam.

This is something that has bothered me for quite a while. I think of it this way...

Rei I, II, and III all act differently...why is this?

Rei I's soul was in Eva 00. My headcanon is that when Gendo salvaged Rei II's soul after she died, he also ended up salvaging Rei I's soul which was freed with the destruction of the Eva. So Rei III's personality was informed by both of her predecessors, which is why she now dislikes Gendo, recognizing that she's been used.

Now! If Rei/Lilith's soul works this way...why not Kaworu/Adam? That is to say, Kaworu's soul could be salvaged again. Either through Gendo having done it, or Kaworu's soul just being another one that was collected during instrumentality, he was part of the soul-soup, the LCL Fanta, and was legitimately inside of GNR, so no, Rei did not deceive Shinji.

I've never really understood this:

What did the stuff going on with the mass production Evas plus Unit 01 have to do with giant naked Rei?

From my understanding, giant naked Rei is already a Lillith+Adam life form, so it will already initiate third impact. What does Rei have to do with the tree of Evas?

They were to be the godlike host bodies for Seele.

His soul was put in his embryo that Gendo had, in the moment when that merged with Rei, Kaworu had merged with Rei.
So Adam and Lilith are chilling side by side as humans get mindfucked by instrumentality.

It's plain bullshit and bad writing. Of course you can't make sense of it.