Is this what Miyazaki meant when he said Anime was a Mistake?

>"Have you ever seen an eel resisting?" Miyazaki asks.

>"No, actually," admits a young man with hipster glasses, an orange sweatshirt, and an indoor pallor.

>Miyazaki groans. "Japanese culture is doomed!"

thattherepaul.com/features/margaret-hayao.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c6QU2i6-BQc
youtube.com/watch?v=PBwq1n6vsXU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's wrong with falling in love with an eel?

Miyazaki is the living embodiment of "old man yells at cloud".

Old people get bitter and cranky as they age, move on.

Someone find his quote about how he wants to teach kids to know how to use knives and ropes and build campfires from scratch.

You mean the comment about his Ghibli nature parks or whatever? He said something like he wants kids to stay in touch with nature and learn survival skills needed for living in nature, didn't he?

What the fuck is an eel

Why is Miyazaki such a fucking faggot?
>muh nature muh environment
Shut the fuck up, stop putting your hippy shit in anime, nobody cares and you're annoying

The Japanese eat them alive like fucking barbarians.

>"There are things date back from the Stone Age that kids must learn before kids start learning to read and write," he continues. Like? According to Miyazaki, those are how to make a fire, how to keep it burning and put it out, how to climb a tree, how to tie a rope, how to use a needle and thread and how to use a knife. "Before children learn to read and write," Miyazaki adds, "I think the country has a duty to teach children these things.

What's wrong with having sex with an eel?

He's right though, these kids are retarded and modern technology has coddled them into uselessness

I mean who the fuck hasn't seen a fire burning in a fireplace? Someone who has absolute no interest in the world, that's who

So basically he's a Japanese version of pic related.

Is he talking about an eel resisting after being dropped into a woman's cleavage or pants?

>ageing hippy goes on a rant

It's like banana but grows in the sea. You catch it like a fish and either sushi it or grill it with rock salt.

Teach kids how to start fires and play with knives and you get Battle Royale.

Geoducks are the real sea bananas.

you're kidding yourself if you think of this.
there's a lot of value in what miyazaki has to say.
he's right about everything as well.

>needle and thread
>stone age

lol whatever you say

Miyazaki is angry at the wrong people. It's modern society and the media that makes kids like this.

He never said anime was a mistake.

He has a point

Spoken like a true japanese retard.

Go enjoy your fun.

He's an artist first and foremost, so for him to make a change he criticizes his own field.

Reading and writing skills in this day and age are more important, but I agree basic survival skills should be taught to children.

>stone age needle and thread
Yes? Is this burger edumacation at work?

Your are the living embodiment of a young faggot that don´t like the wisdom of your elders, because you think they got nothing of value to share. Shame you are wrong on so many fronts.

I learned all that stuff as a kid.

Guy uses "lol", what do you think?

Where do you live that doesn't have eels?
How have you never heard of an electric eel?

Yes, yes, grandpa, we've discussed this many time, you're valuable. We aren't chucking you to the old folks' home.

Kill yourself

I told you no more scotch in the morning, grandpa.

Electric eels are a completely different species.

Where do I plug in my electric eel?

They are different species of eel yes.
They are still eels

In the hovercraft.

I´m 19, you are probably older than me. So I guess you have daddy issues or something for being this rebellious?

Do you think tiger sharks are tigers?

Oh dear, get the nurse, grandpa's being senile again. He thinks he's 19 again, poor fellow.

Do you think tiger sharks aren't sharks?

Eels form the order Anguilliformes while electric eel (Electrophorus electricus) belong to the Gymnotiformes order.

Bah, you people are confusing. "Electric eels go in the hovercraft." "Kids don't have the skills to survive in an illiterate era." "No scotch in the morning."

I'll just put smoke in the smoke detector. That makes sense. Miyazaki, how do I make fire?

You would think school´s 101 psychology classes are pure shams. Enter you, a living example of neglected parenting, lack of role models in life and probably friendless recluse. No need to be so bitter mate.

>how do I make fire?
By being the most hot blooded person around.

Right, right, spare your tales for when the grand kids get here. Might wanna take a nap first, you can actually give them your delightful lectures.

I second this.
Only the senior citizen dick suckers would disagree with that.

>the wisdom of your elders

Look at this case of the young idiot who will felate any opinion of dumb old fucks who are out of touch with reality if they have the mere appearance of being wise (which in this case is clearly just being an old fuck).

Meh. Guy is a successful adult that have created a lot of good anime to forge a great childhood base for many children world wide, past, now and for the future. Not even past 80 and senile yet.

As good as it gets when it comes to opinions to respect. Most people are just mad that he shits on CG and moe shit.

He claims to be 19 while calling others who he think is older than him as being a rebel. Basically, he's like some kind of a meta hipster: unlike the standard mommy's boy, he's being obedient to his elders to be smug about it to his peers.

>As good as it gets when it comes to opinions to respect.
Only when it comes to actual topics regarding his expertise. He's ranted about a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with his skillset before. His words may have weight when it comes to anime related stuff, but outside of that, his opinion is no more credible than some random chap. And going by past threads, most of the responses are more than just regarding him shitting n CG and moe.

Remember his rant about how TECHNOLOGY IS EVIL? If some random no name people said that, they'd be laughed at. So really, thinking that Miyazaki's non-anime related rants are worth paying attention to is well... akin to thinking that some former glamour model's words on why vaccines are evil is more accurate than a doctor's.

There's nothing wrong with CG. Most of the time however, it's used to keep the budget low, and hence looks ugly like the first experiments doing full-CG cartoons.

Enough effort going into it can make things look incomparably superior to any anime attempting the same vibe.

youtube.com/watch?v=c6QU2i6-BQc
youtube.com/watch?v=PBwq1n6vsXU

No need to act like a tabloid reader. People ask for his opinions because he is a respected fellow and he gives them. Agree or disagree, does not diminish the respect he gets for what he has done.

I mean people have no problem with the mangaka that fucked some minor and got conviced as a sexual offender, got anime, still running in SJ and respected.

>Talks about anime CG
>Shows CG made for games
Good job gramps. Senile enough to not hang with the conversation. Maybe you should take a nap before your dinner.

He's right though

Those are not from anime retard.

There's nothing inherently different about the end product that makes something unable to be used for a series rather than as a cutscene in a videogame.

Retards.

Educate yourself you old dog. I believe you can learn one new thing or two still. CG in anime is butchered because of retarded reasons, and it will stay that way for a very long time. You think people complain about CG just because they are ugly? No, is the fucking frames. Leave before someone euthanize your dumb ass.

ITT:
Old man share his opinions

Young teens getting butthurt

Realize he was right when they are at his age

Every time. We just never learn before it is too late.

It is aways too late.

More like:

>old man shares opinions

>young teens laugh

>get old and busted and then share old and busted opinions

Every time.

Miyazaki's been a crotchety old man since before your favorite anime was made. Don't listen to him.

Wish my grandpa was like him, mine just like to tell shitty war stories.