Why were Scandinavians such savages? I'm watching the show and looks like all these people did was raid, rape and loot...

Why were Scandinavians such savages? I'm watching the show and looks like all these people did was raid, rape and loot. Even though they are being depicted as the good guys in the show.

Was it true? Did Norway tribes really terrorize Europe like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_(film)
youtube.com/watch?v=_9i1a4g0GwY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Awe shit is the new season out?!

I watched 4th season. 5th season will be next year.

I always liked the Saxons more in the show. The vikings are more or less the main cast in the show but I wouldn't say they're portrayed as good guys. And the Franks and Saxons come off as much more advanced and organized. I did enjoy the raid on Andalusia in the 4th season. Shit was pretty brutal. Nothing better then sacking Muslim Spain m8

No, it will be 29th of this month.

Look up Rollo and the birth of feudalism.

probably not

must be nice having thousands of years of savage tradition to usher in the bastion civility norway is today

its kikes making that shitshow, fuck it

looks like they got their inspiration for poz from game of thrones

They weren't savages per say, but from the perspective of the Saxons etc, yeah, pretty savage. Their culture was pretty barbaric, pagans you know. Grew up to such a lifestyle. To them, Saxons were pussies in armor.

But yeah, like the leaf said, wouldn't necessarily call them the good guys. Matter of perspective, good and bad doesn't really exist in the real world.

True tho, Vikings rekt during their prime times.

I thought Vikings were supposed to have longer hair? Their haircuts look a lot more Frankish (early, proto-French).

Is this b8? The spain raid had them inexplicably respect a mosque and leave it and the worshipers alone.

Winners write history

Didn't they have a female vikang or a chinese bitch in this show?
It's not historical. Vikings did raid and plunder though. How could you not know that?

Only Loki had that respect, as he was their religious fanatic. The other vikings would have murdered them all without blinking.

Vikings won though.

> le poor innocent europeans who dindu nuffin

Vikangz made you stronger by trying y'all, be humble, sit down.

>Fingolia
>Nordic

It's an American show and they have to be badass.

Meanwhile we established trade routes and founded new states like Russia.

>Epicanthic folds
>Blood type B
>actually mongol descent

Well we were pagans (or something else which has been forgotten with time), the Viking age is time that Sweden becomes christian.

*tips m'burger*

Why are Amerimutts so stupid enough to believe a tv-series is an accurate depiction of how Vikings used to live? I can't believe this is an actual thread. Is OP really this gullible to think that the tv-series is historically correct in any way?

Is a lion Savage, or playing it's part in a grand cycle of life and death, atomic memory, will...decay in a box, be most burned send jarred.

Moral;
> Nature is Good.
> Fascism is Nature

I stopped watching after the second or third season. This show is so shit. I was not surprised when I heard they had a chink character and Floki was 'spiritually enriched' when he entered a Mosque.

>rape
Is there even a lot of raping? I remember Rollo raped a thrall. And there was an attempted rape of a Saxon woman, but Lagethra killed that man.

Vikings were pirates.
Most Nordics were NOT vikings.

This. The west vikangz were the suburban and rural retards, city people all voted Varangian.

This would also be a cooler show with some Byzantium action and shit.

>>Sup Forums90277546
hmmmm

>Literally nothing left of their culture and religion
What a victory

>Slavs are descendants of vikings

This true?

The show is called Vikings, not Mediterranean faggots.

>Did Norway tribes really terrorize Europe like this?
not really. it was mostly raiding defenseless people and stealing shit, but they didn't have good armies. the danes were better in that regard i think. there were a lot of norwegians in the varangian guard tho.

The other vikings show up and Loki is like "Leave them be, they have powerful gods!" And they all leave them be. That was the episode I dropped the show. Because slaughtering bishops at the altar is fine, BUT DON'T YOU DARE HURT DEM MOOSLIMS!

Oh the irony that a RUSsian would say this.

It's like watching a western and believing it was the reality in the far west. Instead of reading a real book lazy people prefer to be infotained in a shitty tv show and later believe whatever they please.

People is incapable of differentiating reality from fiction and this worries me a lot. I think we choose to take the blue pill every morning.

No, it's not. Slavs were RULED by vikings for a while (Rurik being one of them) - but it was a minority rulling a majority, and they assimilated within a few generations.
Still, traces of their culture remain. For example, a russian name Oleg is a corruption of the norse Helgi.

>Matter of perspective, good and bad doesn't really exist in the real world.
If a nigger kills you and rapes your family, he's not really a bad guy. Good and bad is subjective.
This is how retarded you sound, cuck.

It's not that they were afraid, that would've made sense but the fact that Loki was willing to sacrifice his life just so that they wouldn't die made no fucking sense.

Not really, but Vikangz that went east established kingdoms in Slavland and ruled.

They should make a show called Varangians then, would be a cooler setting.

>not Mediterranean faggots.

VIKANGS are the definition of faggotry

I want to see when they go through the Labyrinths of rivers that exists in Russia, and even going to Central Asia. Most Swedes went to the Caspian sea and raided nearby settlements there.

Norwegians weren't Vikings lol. You just went to Ireland and lost there and crawled back.

There are a lot of boat graves following the rivers through Russia.

>I stopped watching after the second or third season. This show is so shit. I was not surprised when I heard they had a chink character and Floki was 'spiritually enriched' when he entered a Mosque.

Perhaps it was symbolic since scandinavian regions are, you know, turning to Islam today.

isn't this tv show cùcked to shit? i think i saw a screenshot once where you could see black extras

Also there are literally thousands of runestones still around.

> inb4 but they are ugly compared to this unrelated thing

not the point faggits

It symbolized the writers not wanting to be Charlie Hebdo'd for treating muslims unfavorably.

It would be ruined if (((Hollywood))) tried to adapt it. There is a Russian movie about it. Don't know if it's any good.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_(film)
It's true though.

Shill disinfo

>all these people did was raid, rape and loot
So, snow niggers basically?

Most likely they kept it somewhat long (long enough to need combing, anyway) and a shaved head was I believe the symbol of thralldom.

>watching the telejew
>believing in telejew fairy tales
Kys, really. All of you.

Well it was an odd scene for sure, but considering how religious Floki was himself, it kind of makes sense. The mooslims were chanting and completely 'unaware' of what was going on, it seemed unreal and impossible. The context matters a lot. The imam died also in the scene, another one took his spot and continued on. That's what made up his mind. It's an OK show to watch, but it ain't the best of course.

Im sure its just another way to make white ppl look bad, you know like everything else.

Except they were highly successful in their raids.

I don't understand why a character who believes that his pagan faith is in a zero sum game life or death struggle with all other religions, happily kills bishops and priests in churches and is suspicious of anyone who doesn't do the same would suddenly show respect and tolerance to the mosque and the Muslims

Even beyond the obvious political reason and cuckery it's just lazy and bad writing. It's an action totally inconsistent with the character they have presented for 4 seasons.

It's not true. Vikangz are mentioned in many historical sources, thousands of runestones are left, burial finds, we even know of their beliefs, inscriptions in
random places all over the mediterranean. Slavland was founded by vikangz, in fact they were a part of shaping geopolitics all over Europe. Couldn't be more
false to claim Vikangz did not leave any legacy.

The nigger just does what a nigger does, it seems normal in their perspective and then try to cover it up because nigger dindonuffin.

Doesn't seem hard to understand, does it?

That is not exactly true.
There were Scandi mercenaries and traders in Rus principalities but they were mostly contained into biggest town/trade post on route to Bizantium. Inlands were mostly ruled by native strongmen.
Also most of them were Fingolian. Rurik probably was one.
Balts and coast of Baltic were other thing but it fall mostly under Danes and exchange go both ways. There were some recent discovery about Polish warriors that have their tombs in Denmark and Polish mercenaries that take part of Canut conquest. Which should be not a big surprise as polish ruling dynasty - Piast intermingle with Nordic ones.
The best 'nordic' warriors come from Jorsmborg/Wolin that were mostly Slavic port.

I'd rather they spent the money on more research than on silly movies, we've barely scratched the surface of what we know about the Vikings and earlier periods.

Floki was a pagan fundamentalist, he hated Christians and everything about Christianity, but after 10 seconds of watching a Muslim service he fell in love with it. Doesn't make sense.

Nigger maybe is just nigger but mad dog is mad dog and should get what he deserve.

The actual reason why vikings were savage af is because Scandinavia was small and had relatively little fertile land for farming compared to other parts of the world. As a result they would often seek out new lands to extract wealth out of. It is basically early colonialism.

No the worst warriors came from Jomsborg, they lost every single battle they had against the Swedes.

So are niggers
Africa is a wasteland and soon Europe and America will be

Stop being civilized.

Russian user did not say that the Vikings left no legacy. He said that the religion and culture had been diminished. Feudalism replaced the Germanic Law, and Christianity replaced Norse Paganism.

No, fuck off nordic Santa Claus

Fug off Varg

When invading Christians, they were all running away and taking their valuable possessions with them. Some fought of course.

Muslims have it opposite, they all just chanted away in their mosque without resistance and valuables all still there. Killing them didn't make any difference either.

Didn't necessarily fall in love with that, just... a certain admiration for devout worshipers of different gods. He had no respect for Christians.

I mean I understand why you hate forests since your country barely has any land at all. You should visit France and Varg will show you around on some hiking trip.

Vikings would have never had dirty mudslime looking beards like that. Grooming was an integral part of Viking culture. We know this from the sheer amount of combs and other grooming accessories that have been found.

>Did Norway tribes really terrorize Europe like this?
Pretty much. Tzarist Russia was created by Norsemen who sailed to Eastern Europe from Scandinavia and imposed tribute on all the subhumans living there. Eventually they rebelled against these Norsemen and drove them back beyond the sea, only to beg them to come back and rule over them after civil war broke out between the slavic tribes.

Ragnar broke him mentally after he killed his Christian boy lover though

Of course. No argument there. That is why it's important to realize that niggers don't act according to logic.

But point being, people and cultures are different. How one acts isn't necessarily the same as the others. That's why women in middle-east etc have to cover themselves because the men are primal as fuck and ready to rape any woman exposing their qualities. Cue rape in Europe thanks to migrants and sexually dressing women.

Physically maybe not mentally. Floki is zealot and that never changed.

This became retarded the second thye made Ivar a cripple.

Combs are used for hair baldie.

>gang rape Muslim women in mosque
>slaughter all the men
>steal everything that's not nailed down.
>enslave Muslim women after raping to sell as sex slaves.
Nigga they gang raped the muzzie chicks and enslaved them while slaughtering the men. Sure they didn't sack the mosque but honestly m8 I doubt that somehow they were glorifying Muslims. Sounds like you're pretty retarded my man. Or you cherry pick. Either way its stupid behaivour.

Religious people man, ready to die for higher beings as always.

Only if they actually have an archive to store the writings in though.

They had families and build towns, boats and stuff. Spent their spare time fighting and drinking, they were pretty based.

The savages line is just what the Christians wrote about them to brainwash their own populations and paint history their own way. It's happened time and time again where savages who 'needed Christ' ended up getting fucked in the arse whilst they mined the mineral content of their nation away because they became poor in their own country.

Whilst it was altogether a worthy end in pushing humanity forwards, Christianity and many of it's sects where outright evil to innocent souls.

>ivar the boneless was not a cripple

Nah dude, the torture was all mental with the water falling on his head and shit. And it gets even worse because then he finds out his only daughter had died while he was being tortured.

Besides, Floki himself says he's a broken man while they were going to Paris iirc

This even after ragnar broke him he liked king Harald's traditional views

And he reveals himself to be a Moslem. Surprise, surprise...

>They had families
wow, really???

Europe was a rough place in general back then. For some reason the Vikings have this badass image thanks to pop culture, but germanic tribes managed to start a successful revolution and become independent from the Roman Empire and then "we" started raiding and looting their colonies to such an extent that some emperor erected a cute little version of the Chinese Wall (the Limes) with watch towers every couple hundred meters to prevent invasions from the barbaric hordes.

Hard to believe but its true.
>mfw you thought that Nordics come from old fat and bog cheese

Pic related

There's a lot more than just Vikings though, the obsession with that specific term is kind of annoying.

There were a lot of settlers from the North long before the Viking conscripts.

I urge everyone to watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=_9i1a4g0GwY

Just a random pepe who is a muslim man. Don't hate.

They were just trying to control immigration to Roman Union but of course dirty snow nigger burn their ID and come as children and young teens.

to be honest muslims ARE alpha

christians are just utter cucks

You mean that after centuries of slavery they kicked you out. Achieving what the Scottish status. You must be hard.

>tribals are 'alphas' compared to domesticated civilized men.
Really makes you think.

People who claim the Greeks and Romans were Nordic are faggots. People who think that the Norsemen were "backwards" are equally as faggy.

I think the show writers were worried about the backlash they would have gotten if they did kill them.

But yeah that made no sense. He was ok killing Athelstan while he was praying, but god forbid he kills someone with slightly darker skin.