What do you think of liquor laws, Sup Forums? In terms of making your own booze

What do you think of liquor laws, Sup Forums? In terms of making your own booze.

I live in a state that doesn't allow you to still your own booze. Brewing beer is sometimes frowned upon, but technically illegal. Making moonshine is illegal. Selling it is doubly so.

Why are there laws against making your own booze? Should a man not be able to do what he wants on his own property so long as he doesn't harm anyone?

Because retards can't do things safely.

cook meth instead.
it's easy.

Making laws against degeneracy isn't how you make people less degenerate.

live in Kansas. I mean as long as you are being safe and doing it within your property, I don't see a single issue with it.

How do u cook meth?

alcohol should be banned its degenerate and makes women into whores

Depends if you are a hipster or someone with actual skills.

Why shouldn't you make your own booze, that's preposterous, what damage has alcohol ever do?

>do things safely
So? The law only hurts those who want to do it or really know how to do it. I built a copper still, and make some damn fine whiskey with it. I don't sell it or distribute it. It's a hobby with my friends. We make our own mashes and we still at my house, and we enjoy the booze it creates. What's wrong with that?

Everything is degenerate, when taken out of moderation.

In my state, the sheriff doesn't see it that way. He confiscates it and puts it in an evidence room. Nothing more is done. If he already has a still in his evidence room, and he catches you with it again then it gets pushed up to the state.

Thanks for reminding I have to put an order for some Führer wine

I can understand with shine as it's easy to go blind or die from ethanol poisoning. In the UK you can brew anything up to 20% I think. I've done my own beer before and if you're autistic enough to do it right, it turns out bloody lovely and worked out about 50p per pint for me

Put it in the microwave

Alcohol has always do, my good half texas.

>be American
>Get shot
>Family has to pay for your beer-making fine

>Be Atlantic Canadian
>Own gun
>Go hunting
>Celebrate kill
>Pull out them homebrew beer.
>get wasted

>puposely imbibes the liquid Jew
Kys

Brewing beer isn't illegal in any state dipshit.

There's nothing wrong about moonshine. Producing and drinkin methanol should be illegal but for some reason they banned ethanol. It's like people going after rifles when it's the pistols doing the most damage.

>easy to go blind or die from ethanol poisoning

Yes, if you drink too much of it you can get alcohol poisoning. The blindess is caused by methanol, and also in the early days condensers used led pipes when copper was in short supply which led to blindness.

Either way, I've had an average of 120 proof after cutting it. Usually gives the best flavor with peach or apple pie. The heads usually come out around 180, though.

This shit can be very hot, but no one's being harmed but the people drinking it. Selling it is one thing, I don't mind that being regulated.

>state that doesn't allow
Federal law allows the head of the household to make 200 gallons for own use. Just don't sell any.

>I live in a state that doesn't allow you to still your own booze.
it's not legal in any state without a permit to own operate a still and you gotta pay the tax man if you get a permit for the amount produced

>Federal law allows the head of the household to make 200 gallons for own use. Just don't sell any.
complete bullshit it's illegal without possessing a permit to own & operate a still there is no personal use exemption or operation allowed

That's methonal my man. It will make you go blind and csn kill you.
But brewing beer and fermenting wine won't make methonal in any amount to be concerned over.
It's from improper distilling that methonal becomes a problem which is why it's against the law.

>drinkin methanol should be illegal
It is, it's posionous. Ethanol is the drinkin kind.

Correct, I should have read into that more. It's just distilling that's illegal.

>Going after rifles when it's niggers doing the most damage
ftfy

Better check that.

>he wastes his life being sober for some meaningless cause that will be imparted from him when he dies

Sup Forums is for idiots. this isn't even something you guys enjoy pursuing; you're all stressed out.

inb4 degenerate. not an argument.

WRONG

It's illegal to distill without proper permits. You're allowed 200, or possibly more depending on adults in the household, of wine or beer a year.

Claim your still is for distilling water. Unless you're actually selling it the chances are very low he catches you with a lot full of mash.
>t. Appalachian American

it's hard to make liquor safely, I'd rather pay some more and have permits over it than to have moonshine with methanol in it and die.

beer and wine are easier to make at home and should be allowed.

most states don't really care that much unless you're going to make a business out of it. hell, my uncle was in saudi arabia for years in the 80s and 90s, cops knew he had a still and didn't care because he kept it quiet and he didn't distribute it outside his home or make money off it.

I brew my own beer at about £1 a litre. takes an afternoon to set up a batch for a couple of months. i bottle condition so all real ale.

Uncle Sam always has to get his share of any revenue you might make. While marijuana is illegal in most states there are those that the only that is being broken is that most people haven't bought their tax stamp for the marijuana, CT is one such state where you may purchase a tax stamp for your marijuana and you are in compliance with state tax laws.

Pot* not lot

I doubt you would get busted distilling booze for yourself. If you want to distribute, why not just save your money and get the proper licensing, and equipment?

Still Tax was one of the first taxes in the US. There was even The Whiskey Rebellion. If you want to know why hooch is illegal I suggest looking into that. Saying it isn’t fair is nearly as old as the constitution.

>"YOU CAN ONLY DRINK ALCOHOL IF WE GET PAYED!"
Fuck off government. You don't own the labor of my yeast!

>tfw Illinois
You can claim it, but we have mash in our barns. It's not obvious unless the mash is opened up. I'd have to permanently affix something that says it's for distilling water, which could affect my shine.

I've been safely making liquor for a number of years. I can't test if there's methanol in my whiskey, but none of the five of us have had any trouble. The problem out here is if someone calls you in on it then something will have to be done. I've got a new neighbor a few miles down the road(live in rural area) and now I have to keep my shit shut tight as I've caught them on my property before. They called PETA on me because I had a horse that I "didn't feed". When in reality, it was sick.

>alcohol should be banned its degenerate and makes women into whores
no bong-user, women are already natural whores, alcohol gives them plausible deniability.

Well kinda yes but more like this
Rifles=ethanol
Pistols=methanol
Niggers=using them wrong, blinding and setting people on fire
Niggers are always niggers in any example

Don't make too much money, licensing costs a lot. I think ~$1500 for a craft license yearly and $3500 for a full license. It is dictated by the county, and my county has not distributed a new license in 40 years. Hell, the first new bar since 1942 just now opened in town and it took a bait and switch to get that done.

if you live in a society I don't think you should be able to do anything you want because you'll become a drain on society.

If you make moonshine on your own property drink it and kill yourself that's not where the story ends. Someone's going to have to deal with your shit because you're not just going to be left to rot and the property forever abandoned. Say you're a total hermit and die in a trailer in the woods from drinking moonshine and nobody finds you until the tax man comes to collect property taxes. Now you're a fucking biohazard, some bean counter is traumatized because he's never seen a puddle of corpse before, emergency personel have to be sent out to deal with your mess, clean up crew has to deal with your property, you're a shut in with no beneficiary so your estate goes to the government but since your estate consists of some moonshine making equipment, a fishing rod, and a trailer that smells like rotten meat the rest of society has to pay to clean up your shit.

There are two permits which make distilling alcohol at home legal federally, either a spirits permit (not worth getting if you won't sell it at stores) or a fuel alcohol distilling permit (far, far easier to get).

Then it depends on the state, Colorado it's illegal to distill alcohol at home (with a scant fine if you get caught) while North Carolina permits it but only under a fuel alcohol license not a spirits one. Other states distilling spirits is legal with a permit, other states owning a still may not be. Federally they don't really check up on anyone.

Illinois is tougher because, you know... illinois.

The license I'd need if I want to distribute is $3500. The license for just making it is $1500. IL is a real pain.

i'd say drinking age is 21.
Harder controls and punishment for abusing.

Fuck the police.

>all that corrosion

Keep your shit cleaned, man. Any imperfection will be a cause for a bad batch.

this convo was about liquor not beer or wine

these laws prohibit the production of good that are SOLD Without a license

brew and give all you want but if your intent is to sell them you need to have a proper license and training to do so

oh shit i know you
kinda dumb to post this shit bro

The Red P or the Nazi method
Two different ways. Both are quite easy. That's all I can post.
One method uses lithium one doesn't is the difference.
Sulphate is easy too but the ingredients aren't as easily available.

Federally it's illegal to operate a still without a license (ownership is not illegal)

Varying by state even owning the still is illegal without a permit