What is the purpose of evolution?

Why does it exist? why does it grow?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stochastic_process
youtube.com/watch?v=L45Q1_psDqk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

to make bigger dicks
and cuter kids

If you think there's a purpose, you don't understand evolution.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stochastic_process

Then why does it exist? what does evolution want?

There is no purpose, it is a consequence of the laws of the universe

Why does it produce life faster than it can die? what in the world does it want? evolution has no purpose what so ever.

Adaptation

Adaptation.. what? more context please.

top troll

>Why does it produce life faster than it can die?
Because the things that could not reproduce fast enough to replace themselves died. things that could kept going
what in the world does it want?
That's like slipping and falling, and then asking what did The Falling wanted. It wanted nothing because it does not exist, it is a process
>evolution has no purpose what so ever.
Yup

Adaptation to changing environments.

Extremophile life forms can travel in space and remain intact.

There is no evolution. We only see the model of adaptation we use ourselves and apply it to all. There is only chaos and shapes forming in the mist

My main point here is that evolution could not blindly exist without some sort of powerful ittelligent force baking that up.. i'm not saying any specific god.. but perhaps a form of "god" exist.... if evolution was the big bang.. it would be far too random for any of this to work in a empty sandbox.. it would have no direction and no purpose, so it would surly fail.

Stop talking about evolution if all you want is a god. There's thousands to choose from.

Not a specific god.. lmao.

Also if there is only one true god that exist.. does it make that one true god any less real if i make up one on the spot right now? No it doesn't.

>There's thousands to choose from.
One creator.

>it would have no direction and no purpose, so it would surly fail
aristotle plz

Pretty much this.

Evolution doesn't have a purpose or grow. It occurs because of mutations that persist throughout generations because they are beneficial or at the very least still allow the host to reproduce before they die. There is no purpose to anything other than to maximize entropy and minimize free energy.

It looks important to us because it is a useful model. Like a store of cheeses looks good in its variety. To an outside view I see no need to draw the disntinctions we make between whales and algae. Unless we find life to our model on other planets, it's possible we are simply blind to other forms of life and can only see earth things

>evolution could not blindly exist without some sort of powerful ittelligent force baking that up

Why?

To maximize biomass. Just that, nothing else...

Where is the checker gone? Where the roller?

Sure create your own god. Just don't expect me to respect it cos I won't.

Evolution is the act of hammering, God is the carpenter

You can't create a God. There is one God who is inexpiable with human understanding. So they tried to make aspects to understand this complicated subject.

unexplainable
Why is that google? This is very telling.

too keep you from realizing the larger cycles of consciousness
if you believe in evolution you probably take the bible literally, making you a monkey

As Inky Johnson says "if everything is about you eventually you'll find something bigger than yourself" what we glean from this Sup Forums is that animals aren't built for every situation and eventually we won't be able to solve every single problem which is why we evolve

Sure.

Let's compare the complex artistic nature of "Evolution" to that of the rocket who landed the first men on the Moon.. in order for this rocket to fly alllll the way to the moon.. it would require many "Intelligent" engineers and scientists with a "Purpose" in order to create that rocket without error... if we gave the project to the emptiness of space... then nothing would get done, especially not in order.

For evolution to work on the grand artistic scale that it does today.. it would need to have some sort of purpose... whoever designed it to be the way it is, would of had a purpose in mind for it.. i'm not saying WHICH god was behind such a project.. but i will say that some sort of powerful intelligent cosmic force played its role, and through the power of reason and logical thinking that is how i view things.

but yea.. that's just.. like.. you know.. my outlook on matters.

Survival.

Why survive? what is the purpose?

Evolution consists of two very simple principles applied to dna for billions of years.

The principles are variation (random) and selection. If that was god's plan he's a lazy bastard with a lot of time.

Yes that does sound like me.

Lazy? because he's not doing any parlor magic tricks at Timmies birthday party? Just because nothing crazy has happened in your life time doesn't make God any less real.

I'm sure he doesn't work on earths time scale lmao.

To live

To live is not purpose.......

Imagination of an infinite spirit. Or Inorganic substance binding with organic or a thin veil of consciousness separating you from everything else. In the end there must be a driving force, perhaps to increase entrophy by creating beings that uses their einviroment as a resource so the world can reset - not sure mahne.

What's it like living on nigger mountain. Is it like living on Mount Doom in Mordor?

Evolution is to promote adaptability of a species to its environment, i.e. those most adapted to the environment survive, while those who do not adapt do not survive.

That's it.

More efficient management of energy.

It's God's will. Apparently, He wants to raise up a family.

May you find peace in our Lord Jesus Christ.

why are there no transitional fossils?

also consider fruit flies. only takes nine days to go from birth to adult. we've studied in the lab many generations yet nothing new is ever produced.

No, just nigger level IQ.

lol

He's making the Chad pose

Yes, this is the original "chad" pose.. :)

In my humble opinion, the purpose of evolution is to inevitably create something which is better and more efficient than it's predecessor, whether it be a lengthening of appendages so as to compete for food better, or an increase in cranial volume so one doesn't have to, but for humanity, I honestly think that our goal is to create something beyond ourselves entirely, maybe by engineering a perfect AI to live with and work alongside, until there came such a time where we hand over the mantle of responsibility to safe guard life in our stead - if we should ever accidentally annihilate ourselves.

This however isn't exactly what our purpose is however. Our purpose is to understand the universe, it's laws and also it's nature. Perhaps our existence is to augment ourselves and explore space to finally find and understand what we understand today to be "God", to live alongside he/she/it/them with creations of our own who consider and think of us in a similar fashion to how we perceive another being being the catalyst in our own conception.

Life is a wonderful thing. Hindu's believe that all complex life is sentient with varying levels of consciousness and self awareness and deserves our respect for being important in how we came to be here today, and if we are to move into the future without a malevolent AI slaughtering us all, then we need to start learning to respect the life which created us, otherwise the life we create that can think for itself will never treat us with respect.

>Literally the reason why we have so many douchey hipster liberals everywhere

>"muh planet needs respect - you no respect planet so me no respect you"

>To live is not purpose.......

Found the guy who never had to struggle to live.

That's like asking why water is wet. It just is. That's how things work according to nature. When you ask why evolution exists, you're really asking why the universe exists as it does.

expanding your consciousness

Ignoring the retarded argument of the OP, I legit think that the way the laws of the universe were formed implies a certain kind of design.
Think about it, inanimate chemicals forming into a stable structure like DNA, conviniently exploiting the fact that liposomes form bubbles in water. Chemicals having their own arragements that are just perfect for life to form. That only carbon is capable of being the main building block due to its nature. Imagine if we lived in a world that something would be slightly so different - it would make life inexistent.

Doesn't mean I believe in god. I don't, but I think right here is the strongest argument for any sort of intelligent design. We could be living in one of many multiverses, with each universe having its own arragement of chemicals and rules, and we are the byproduct of one that got it right to host life.

>the purpose of evolution is to inevitably create something which is better
Incorrect, so I stopped reading here. Evolution is unthinking and uncaring. It never produces anything better, just more fit to the selective pressures that drove it.

>why are there no transitional fossils?

We have found fossils of many organisms from many different eras. But fossils are relatively rare as fuck, we will never get a 100% complete picture of the history of species, only a general idea.

>also consider fruit flies. only takes nine days to go from birth to adult. we've studied in the lab many generations yet nothing new is ever produced.

Define new. Mutations are produced all the time. Combine a sufficient amount of aesthetically or functionally significant mutations and you have a new species.

to create the Ubermensch

Thank you for taking the time to write that, didn't think i'd get any serious replys honestly, but seeing that i have now i will try to respond back with some respect for your time.

While i understand where are you coming from, i don't feel i necessarily agree, but don't worry i'm not here to argue with you.. there would be no point in doing so..

Even though i do not serve any "God" it does not mean i don't believe a "God" to exist.. i feel we as Humans never know when to humble ourselves, we can sometimes be rude to one another shoving our "opinions" or "Highly educated guesses" in others faces.. At the end of the day the nothingness surrounds us all, and we try to find answers for our seemingly bizarre existence.. what i do find fascinating though is how we even have the ability to question such things in the first place. I think we Humans existing in a physical world.. we can only truly understand physical subjects.. when it comes to things outside the physical realm we begin to become distorted in our reasoning. Some people might say "Well through the many years of science and many years of trial and error we believe this to be the reason behind such a deep questions" I'm not sure if you watch Vsauce.. but setting aside the memes he's provided some very interesting videos you might enjoy watching, it's food for thought. youtube.com/watch?v=L45Q1_psDqk

Also i feel the nature of "purpose" does not belong to humans, but to God.. we are his creation, we ride on his purpose (Whatever that purpose may be) But that's just my opinion on it.. and sadly i don't think anyone will be able to prove or disprove me for a very long time.. because it falls into that deep category of questions that cannot be easily answered. :)

Pretty much this, in a very broad sense, spanning billions of years

I'm surprised you could even read that far, but such is 4chins.