You should be able to solve this

You should be able to solve this

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/you should be able to solve this/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

too advanced for me

Why is it always "should"? Can't you just say "you can solve this!".

he's just practicing separating variables into solvable components- such that if there were an initial condition like f(x)=0 there would be a set of possible solutions

xy^2-x=0
x(y^2-1)=0
x(y-1)(y+1)=0
x=0;1;-1

Factoring is basic high school math, but I had a surprisingly hard time with it myself once it got a bit harder.

=x(y+1)(y-1)

I don't get the point of this Thread.
Is it to show how hard japanese school is? Is it making fun of learning factorisation by rote repetition? Is it making fun of Americans for not knowing this? Is OP just shitposting? Is this an in-joke i don't get? I honestly don't know.

honestly don't remember how to do this

Thank you.

Was just about to point that

>10th grade
Sounds about right. You could do it in middle school, but then you will need to redo it in high school since it's needed for calculus.

>he
she

i had math like this in 10th grade and im in america, it's not hard

i dont get it, is this a ruse

Oh god... I have no idea anymore how to solve this. All I know is that it was pretty easy back when I had that in school

Is Cummyko a dummy just like her sister

You just figure out the common denominator and stuff it in brackets.

What do you mean solve it? (x^2)y - x isn't solvable unless you set it equal to something.

It's many different things. Here it was done because the animator / Kumiko made a mistake (it's 16x^2 - 4 instead of 15x^2 - 4).

desuarchive.org/a/search/text/you should be able to solve this/

Why do you assume x = y?

just think about solving the problem, not an equation. Also pic related.

Old EGB had this at 8th grade

In question 3 where does the -1 come from

something something finite fields

Isn't this middle school shit?

how old are you user ? you should've studied when you were at 8th grade

it's easy to forget without using it every day

I was fine with it at first and then my math teacher got pregnant and the substitute we had for the rest of the year was fucking awful.

Silly user 15=16 in nippland

-X divided by X is -1
or
-X = -1X so if you take the X away you have -1

I'm convinced i never got anything like this up until i went to college.

You should be able to solve this.

14:24
7:12

no
that figure alone won't tessellate across the plane. You need to extrapolate what the ratio is for that pattern, not necessarily that piece.

14:48
7:24

I was sure some autistic guy would make thread about this when I watched the episode.

Assuming there isn't any funny business with the angles or some bs like taking the black borders into consideration
There is 1 red to 2 blue, so red is 1/3 of the overall area

still no
that is the ratio for the figure, but not the whole plane. You can try adding more shapes (in the same pattern) so you can tile the figure over the plane.

no
it's not 1 unit red to 2 unit blue. Right idea though

Kurisu thinks you can solve this one too.

This.
is wrong, but is also wrong. I don't think you can extrapolate a pattern because the question implies that the method of spreading this pattern is just tesselating that piece across a field.

Man then I'm too dumb to get this, I still haven't passed Linear Algebra ;_;

1:4
For every blue hexagon there are 2 red triangles, and 1 hexagon has 6 times the area of 1 red triangle. So the ratio of red to blue is 1:3, and the ratio of red to the total area is 1:(3+1) = 1:4.

I hate eigan vectors. I like did the exam on this 3 weeks ago. Let me get some paper.

25%

0=26, duh

is the intended solution. The idea is the pattern on the figure is extended to the plane, not that the figure is tessellated across the plane. For that matter, the figure doesn't tessellate cleanly without leaving gaps where you need to insert pieces.
yes

Saged, not anime related.

Here's a solution for from a while back (not my image, not my typesetting, not my typo).

It's kind of neat math.

you don't need linear algebra for either problem (though you do for the Hard Mode for the Markov Chain one)
The first you can do with some ratios, the second needs a little creativity and some algebra.

I'm in the lowest remedial algebra class in college, don't bully me.

Elaborate. You can't solve just the variable x because that has no actual information associated with it.
Also, the answer to your picture is false.

This is a Kurisu Appreciation thread.

Here's the Hard Mode someone did for .

Yeah, that's an identity, not an equation. A false identity for that matter.

did you get to that +1 by looking at the hexagon that is sticking out if you tried to translate all this into one giant piece? or is there a more algebraic approach?

Sorry, the ratio of red to blue is 1:3. the ratio of red to total, though, is 1:(3+1)

fuck you

a.) P = 1
b.) P = 0; N=/=0

Good job, user.

looks like a dead thread. here's another problem. I'll dump solutions too.

answer for this one is 1/2, the reason is that both your seat and last seat end problem and are treated the same throughout the math.

1/99nCr99?
I'm really terrible at math

psst, I will tell you a secret

It's P = NP or P ≠ NP

Behold the power of an engineer.

But why?

what if you sit in the last guy's seat?
what if you sit in your own?

0, I guess?
Depends on if the other people know their seats

they do

>There are people here who took remedial math or never did Calculus in High School

Seriously. Your graphing calculator did half the work for you. No excuse.

100% or is it a trick question?

what if you sit in the last guy's seat

0% because his seat is taken. I don't understand what you're trying to get me to say here

I'm saying it's between 1/100 and 99/100
so probably not crazy nPr or nCr stuff

Ah, I felt like nCr combinations was the most likely answer because I assumed seats were picked simultaneously and not over time like in your answer

doing this one with pure math is a little bit cancer. It helps to start some of the math the long way and check patterns.
or try cases with different numbers of seats then extrapolate

>or try cases with different numbers of seats then extrapolate
Applying statistics to probability? I learnt both but never together so that seems overly complicated. Really, all I got was nPr arrangements, nCr combinations and !factorial

This isn't fucking anime.

He doesn't, you're just an idiot.

It helps to recognise patterns in this situation. sometimes seeing how the math plays out with smaller numbers can suggest how it works for larger numbers.

>matlab
>>matlab
>>>matlab

As another engineer, why is your taste in programming languages so terrible.

You mean no one gives a fuck about my grades in classes about gender studies and black history?

It's a Kurisu appreciation thread.

I would think it's 1/100 at first (including the first passenger, yourself), going down to 1/2. You multiply them all to assess the final probability of no one ever choosing that one guy's seat.

But that's based on my non-advanced math memory from years ago. So chances are I'm way wrong.

Or wait, since it's about not ever choosing the one seat, maybe it would be 99/100, then 98/99, finally down to 1/2.

50%, as the way the seats are filled is essentially completely random.

I only used it because I don't normally use numpy on this computer and I couldn't be assed to figure out how to start the Anaconda implementation. When will Julia finally replace Matlab?

This, Jesus, it's a simple polynomial. I fucking hate you people.

50%, because he can either be in it or he can't be
66% if he switches after one of the other seats is revealed

You can't board a plane without your boarding pass. FUCK YOU.

I'm not sure, but definitely later than it should. Either way, I've just completely switched to python for high level stuff / Rust for low level stuff. Fucking random java runtime errors from matlabs IDE drove me insane.

Matlab is a programming language designed by people who had no knowledge of other programming languages and it really shines. Who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have functions which change their behaviour based on the amount of output arguments.

I did it in Matlab too.

It's easier to just do cases for 3 / 4 / 5 seats and use induction to show that the amount of seats doesn't matter at all.

How do I not fail Adv Calc?

use a calc

Understand that all math you learned before is just a specific case of linalg and complex math.

It's obvious if you look at a single horizontal strip of the tessellation, rather than the entire plane.

Sounds legit.

You can prove this easily by induction.

A plane extends to infinity, therefore the area of the red triangles is also infinity.