Self Improvement

Has anyone bought the self authoring program by Jordan Peterson?

What's it like? I think I want to try it, but do I really need to buy it? He explained a lot of this stuff in his interviews already...

Yeah I thought the same thing before I bought it. When do I need to pay for something just to write about my past, future plus virtues and faults. I could literally just start typing on my computer in Word.

However I found out that Self Authoring is actually structured in a way that steers you into writing about some very specific things. For example when you are writing about you faults, you are giving a rather long list of common faults people have and you have to select 5-8 of the ones that apply to you the most. Then later on it gives you a text box for each fault you selected to write about in more detail.

It's what $20 USD? I think you can afford it, Hans. Good luck in your self improvement journey!

I still haven't brought myself to finish up the future authoring even though Ive had it for months. No motivation to do it, even though now I've been starting to get dreams that seem to allude to the fact that I'm on a path of self destruction. This place unfortunately has made me too blackpilled and negative towards the future.

Not to mention present and past authoring. I figure I'll bring up a lot of memories that I don't want to.

His what?

Dude, there are countless really great books that are probably more useful thant this Peterson shit.

Yep.
Total waste of money. Not gonna ask a refund because I like Peterson and I guess my cash helped him.
If you are lazy you will remain lazy, this will make no more difference than a motivational video on youtube.

How are you supposed to deal with them if you don't bring them up? If you really can't do that comfortably, you gotta see a shrink, nigga.

Yeah I've had the thing for months too and have only dabbled in some of the suites, have not completed any one of them. I have all these great ideas for what I want in the future, but I do nothing to achieve it. And yes Sup Forums takes away your desire to live a normal life. I have no drive for life.

Self-improvement is a meme

Who you are is genetically predetermined and, to a large extent, cannot be changed.

Note that many people here will spew hatred at this post simply because it tells the truth. I don't mind though, their delusions need to be shattered so they can move on.

do you mean that in a determinist sense, i.e. your future is unchangeable? Or simply that self-improvement is possible, but has a very small impact?

The latter. I included the "to a large extent" for a reason.

To be honest, almost afraid to because of the pain it'll bring. I know I have to in order to see the light and become better, but thats the mountain you have to overcome first. For most people you'd rather cower in the meantime just to spare that. Its like how Adam hides from God in order to hide his imperfection in the face of something much greater than himself, Vulnerability in the face of what others could use to exploit.

>the mountain you have to overcome
If you have a lot of shit to deal with it's because you're full of it.
Sup Forums is where people come to fling it around.
If today's mountains don't look like speedbumps next year you've failed.

It's a waste. Take a personality test (JPB's is decent because of the specific feedback you get) and think about how those results manifest themselves in daily life as your strengths and weaknesses and think of ways to improve that.

If you're low in consciousness for example, think of ways this has affected you and try to come up with ways to make up for it. Maybe you need to start keeping an agenda. And so on.

The self authoring suite is helpful but it's too much of a time and effort investment to be worth it.

can someone post a link to the paste bin version?

Daily reminder that the steak and eggs diet is the most redpilled diet.

thats some good lookin steak and eggs!

i got it off google, i really need to take a picture of my own one of these days. In the meantime, heres one from another user.

Lol good luck with the clogged arteries and shit in 40 years

>Jordan Peterson
pseudo intellectual fraud collecting money from betas on Sup Forums and reddit

I only have like 40 kroners in my bank, this looks so tasty

my cholesterol is fine, stop falling for the (((doctors))) studies that try to make you into a soyboy

get your rifle and go kill bambi its hunting season after all, then steal some eggs from your chickens. Make me proud.

Don't get me wrong, I like Peterson, but I'm not gonna pay this syrup licker 20 bucks to tell me to write shit.
MOST self helps books are crap. How to Win Friends & Influence People is good though. So is the 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Don't get suckered into the 48 laws of power though. It looks cool, but it's not that useful.

Bullshit, I was a fatass beta male virgin commie and now I'm an awesome pirate.

Time to clean your room