What religion will replace Christianity?

Jesus never existed. That is the conclusion of researcher s who have combed 126 texts written during or shortly after the time Jesus is supposed to have lived. The research concluded that there was no creditable mention of Jesus whatsoever. The known sources such as Josephus etc. that do have very vague mentions of a possible Jesus are now known to be Christian interpolations and are academic embarrassment when used to prove the historicity of the "Christ". Jesus, the messianic figure at the center of the world's largest religion, Christianity, was simply a fictional character. The story of Jesus bears a close resemblance to numerous other mythological stories of ancient gods who were born of virgin mothers and performed miracles. Man created God.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
worldreligionnews.com/issues/is-the-catholic-church-experiencing-exponential-growth-or-declining
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z#cite_ref-48
ehrmanblog.org/kickstarting-a-debate/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman
google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi6muyolsLXAhXIZiYKHQddADoQFghgMAg&url=http://nationalinterest.org/feature/what-scares-chinas-military-the-1991-gulf-war-11724&usg=AOvVaw1xqHJlJK4uUZed-6_JEXl3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Get out of here faggot...

It’s occassionally ever so amusing to see posts like this. You have no idea what’s going on & just how much is hidden from you.

As a human you are so weak & ignorant. Angels/aliens have massive infrastructure & have for millennia.

Not only have they ensured that the message of Christ is passed on accurately but they are currently engaged in a second op ritect8ng the second manifestation of Christ until the time of his activation.

Activation?

Yes, there is a way, through great sacrifice, for Him to remain physically manifested but hidden.

So, in your lifetime you will get to see just how fucking retarded your post is & why I opened with laughter.

Slide thread.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tacitus_on_Christ

>What religion will replace Christianity?
Spirituality is really just comforting feeley stuff that really has no basis in reality. As technology advances and the universe feels less and less chaotic spirituality really has no purpose other than as another form of escapism. Stuff like edgy teens wanting to learn magic because they think spirits or demons or whatever will give them some kind of advantage over other people. That's really the only purpose it can serve.

If there ever is another major world religion that could replace the ones we have now, I imagine it'll lack anything spiritual or mystical-sounding. Not even wacky alien stuff like Scientology. It'd probably be more like Confucianism, in that it's more of a way of life and method of maintaining social cohesion.

Without all the hocus-pocus christians/muslims/jews will say that it's not a religion, even if it's exactly like one in every practical way.

It won't be long until the Jews admit that they made it up. I'm predicting that in the next 10 years they will make the claim

Fake news

Hopefully Chaos Undivided

1st Lie : 1st Sentence

Jesus is not "disproven". You are lying. The rest of the post is a slide thread. Be careful young user reading this.

Agnosticism with pagan elements to feel connected to European heritage and tradition

Islam ofc

I was once a Priest. Then left his Church and became "Born Again". I then became an Evangelical Pastor. I have been alive for decades. I am highly educated in Christianity and the history of Christianity and the major world religions. Go away and eat your tendies and play vidya child. Weak attempt at being a Christian Apologist with your retarded alien shit troglodyte.

None.
Repent or be purged.

I'm still trying to figure out why people give a fuck about heritage and tradition.

>Jesus is not "disproven". You are lying.
It's not disproven, it was just never proven. It was never proven because you can't prove something that never happened.

Expect a more nuanced and metaphorical version of christianity. There's a lot of good shit in there but the literalism of last century's evangelicals ruined it for the rest of us. That is of course assuming we don't fall to the brown hordes before then

The time that Jesus Christ supposedly existed is one the most heavily documented periods in ancient history. Yet there is virtually zero historical evidence of his supposed existence in any contemporary historical record. It is also important to understand that an absolute reign of terror was instituted when Christianity seized power in the Roman Empire as documented in our Christian Totalitarianism Report. The Church appointed an official historian of dubious ethics, Eusebius, to write an official history. Meanwhile, Christian launched the largest book burning campaign in history, destroying a vast part of the wisdom and history of the ancient world forever.

Jesus is a myth. All God(s) are man made. Learn the truth user. The truth will set you free. Awaken.

Believable that Jesus may not have ever existed at all, let alone all the traits he's reputed to have had.

Nothing.
Christianity, specifically Catholicism, will survive forever.
Jesus did exist and your comment is bullshit pop-academics, OP. You tout a heavily discredited fringe belief as common fact.

Fuck right off, you have no idea what you're talking about.

>Catholicism, will survive forever.
nope, it will die just like Hitler wanted.

>being this out of the know

Christianity has been dying out in Europe for some time. However, worldwide, Christianity and Islam are growing. Likewise, while religious "nones" are growing in Europe the number is still lowering worldwide.
pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
Between denominations, moderate Protestantism is dying out but Evangelical Christianity and Catholicism are growing.
worldreligionnews.com/issues/is-the-catholic-church-experiencing-exponential-growth-or-declining
However, with the growing popularity of nationalism in the west also comes a generation swinging towards honest religiousness.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_Z#cite_ref-48

No, christianity will die out in the US and in europe. It will expand in china and africa which is pretty fucking funny that you'd bring it up seeing how they are all non-whites. good going!

>told you that Catholicism will live forever
>you disagree
>give citation to show that it's growing still
>all you can say is that it's dying in two places in the world
>I already rejected that with the Generation Z stuff
No need to be upset.

>say that itll die in the US
>it is dying in the US
>but not in africa or asia
and somehow I am wrong? You are a fucking retard.

I should also mention that the biggest issue with creating a religion now is modern technology and intelligence communities. Back when Christianity was created, the New Testament would have been easy enough for an individual or small group to simply make-up and spread as if the events they wrote about actually happened, but now if someone were to create a religion, they've got to spread it anonymously or do it under an alias. Otherwise it wouldn't be too long until every tiny bit of information about them got published on the internet in an attempt to damage the religion. If Mormonism were created in the past 10 years instead of in the 1800's, you'd probably be able to find footage of Joseph Smith jacking-off, audio of someone crank calling him, his elementary school report cards and photos of him as an acne-riddle teen with a bad haircut.

>heavily discredited fringe belief
It's not nearly as fringe as you think it is, and the only ones who've "discredited" it are hardcore christians, and they're not exactly unbiased in their views.

I have a greater understanding about what I am talking about. I just may know more about your mythical messiah than you may ever comprehend. I state again that I am highly educated in all aspects of Christianity. You may even have celebrated the sacrament of penance with me. You fuck off.

Phoneposters are condemned to the deepest circle of Hell. Lower even than pedos.

I'm an atheist, but he is more real to more people than you ar op. By comparison you are some mmeaningless fleshbot shitposter. Also you cant prove a negative fag.

>he is more real to more people than you ar op
That doesn't mean jesus is real or that op isn't. Truth isn't determined by consensus.

>((()))

You contended the claim that it will live forever in You said "nope" to the claim that it will survive forever. It's means you're directly contending THAT claim.

I showed you links in that forms of Christianity are dying out in the US and Europe but other forms are growing, consistent with the claim that "Catholicism will survive forever". I also cited the next generation showing even greater growth.

You then respond to by saying it would die out in the US and Europe, despite that not being contrary to the initial claim at all and obviously just you moving goalposts. However that isn't helping since I rejected those claims explicitly in the bottom two links in Now stop being stupid.

>It's not nearly as fringe as you think it is
No, its only popular between a very small handful of actual academics and non-academic anti-theists who wish to discredit Christianity due to their biases.

>greater understanding
Then you'd understand the bullshit of your OP as bullshit, which you'd obviously don't. Not to mention the ignorance of Catholicism in your image.
Jesus Mythicists are the flat earthers of history circles.

I would support this.

>No, its only popular between a very small handful of actual academics and non-academic anti-theists who wish to discredit Christianity due to their biases.
Do you have any evidence of this, or is this just something you think and want to be true?

based niggers

Can't deny the words existence though.

no one is going to be around anyway hahaha

Trips of Truth.

yea Christianity is on the rise in China.
and
sadly for atheism is on the decline.

Its good right so you can breed with white women right? White genocide is real fuck christianity.

Jesus was likely a historical figure. While I wouldn't call the Gospels a "credible mention" per se, they did record the crucifixion. No religious group would create a fictional god who dies like that- it would be embarrassing for them. The only explanation for the inclusion of such a detail in the story of Jesus was that it was too well known to lie about. Therefore, we can probably at least say that Jesus really existed, and really was crucified.

>ts written during or
I'm an atheist you brainlet. I'm just telling the truth

and chines are not white you know that right?

wtf are you saying? Chinese are not white I was saying that christianity is shit and Christians love white genocide.

Ehrman references the number of notable mythicists in relevant fields and speaks about it becoming a louder position due to the internet here.
ehrmanblog.org/kickstarting-a-debate/

Further, in one of his books we get a quote like this:
>Conclusion - The Mythicist Agenda. "[Some] mythicists are avidly antireligious. To debunk religion, then, one needs to undermine specifically the Christian form of religion. [...] the mythicists who are so intent on showing that the historical Jesus never existed are not being driven by a historical concern. Their agenda is religious, and they are complicit in a religious ideology. They are not doing history; they are doing theology."

Your argument is that it is dying on a steady rate and will continue to do so. I have no qualms and will be the first to tell you that it has fallen away dramatically. However that doesn't mean it will die off, as my citations in point against that.

>atheism on the decline
>sadly

user pls.

you ok bud?

>Ehrman
Who is he and why should I care?

Bullshit! Not one piece of empirical evidence for the crucifixion. Those that are intelligent and BRAVE enough to accept it know the truth. The truth is Jesus is a myth as are all God(s).

and?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bart_D._Ehrman
>Bart Denton Ehrman (/bɑːrt ˈɜːrmən/; born October 5, 1955) is an American professor and scholar, currently the James A. Gray Distinguished Professor of Religious Studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He is one of North America's leading scholars in his field, having written and edited 30 books, including three college textbooks. He has also achieved acclaim at the popular level, authoring five New York Times bestsellers. Ehrman's work focuses on textual criticism of the New Testament, the historical Jesus, and the development of early Christianity.

Damn, the amount of Reddit anti-theism is ridiculous in this thread.

Show me your eye and skin color.

>I was once a Priest.
My dad works for Nintendo.

what happened in 91 in China?

Racial Nationalism.

>Jesus never existed
What level of bait is this?

wolfie, man why do you even come to Sup Forums anymore? this place has been ruined, filled to the brim with anti-christian rhetoric. your knowledge and skills are wasted here. i mean, i don't have a good reason for coming here either but you are much more intelligent than me...

stick to 2xchan's christian board and maybe this one's /lit/

First line shows your knowledge of that religion comes from memes. Shill your agenda elsewhere pleb

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=9&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi6muyolsLXAhXIZiYKHQddADoQFghgMAg&url=http://nationalinterest.org/feature/what-scares-chinas-military-the-1991-gulf-war-11724&usg=AOvVaw1xqHJlJK4uUZed-6_JEXl3

I'm sure he's not biased at all. The way he accuses historians of having a theological motive is purely coincidental.

Well lets get into evidence for Jesus.
Besides Tacitus' emotional comments on Nero, he is thought to source all of his comments based on Roman annals. That such a movement existed within his life (58-120AD) that made a harsh claim to a Roman governor and is treated as fact is best explained by historicity of the man.

Beyond this we do have Josephus' writings. The only alteration in regards to Jesus is assuming he believed the divinity of Christ. Origen quotes Josephus before alterations happened and the whole "james brother of jesus" and his baptism segments are irrevocably true and have been reviewed and confirmed by non-christian academics time and time again.

Else, we have:
- Pre-Pauline hymns of Jesus resurrection (1 Corinthians 15) that date from weeks to months after the death of Jesus within the same year
- Pre-Pauline hymns of Jesus as God (Philippians 2)
- Peter's speech in Acts 2
- Paul's conversation with James the brother of Jesus and Peter in Galatians
- Pre-Markan Narrative of the resurrection
- Mark's preservation of Jesus Aramaism
- Mark's preservation of Peter's embarrassments presupposes Jesus existence
- Multiple attestation of the sermon on the mount and of John the Baptist
- Suetonius mentions Christ having instigated the Jews against the Roman

You're not going to find hardly any professional historians who dispute the existence of Jesus. Bart Ehrman, who is known for being extremely critical of Christianity, only notes two people in relevant fields becoming notable for such a position. It's not a tenable position in modern historian circles. It's like trying to argue that Hannibal or Boudicca or Alexander didn't exist.

Historicity is probability based and there is no better understanding of the coming of Christianity than the historicity of Jesus.

No. Focus on facts. Stop running away from information that is presented to you.
You are wrong.

Literally anything else would be more peaceful.

ok like, what?

>fedora tipping intensifies

but in all seriousness, the way things are going, I'd sadly guess that Islam is going to eventually replace Christianity.

I'm glad I lived before that happened.

What's the issue here? You seem to have no problem stating that "hardcore Christians" can be biased in there views in so why are you suddenly suspicious of a well read scholar who is commonly hated by Christian circles saying that mythicists have their biases? It seems like you're expressing your own biases against Christians to the point of irrationality.

Pic related.

>I'm glad I lived before that happened.

You're not alone user.

>just saw zeitgeist

it was pretty good you got to hate the FBI for doing 911

bump

>Jesus never existed.
Stopped reading right there

sage and hide bullshit slide threads

I like to help people and know the community on Sup Forums pretty well. I don't care for gated communities of like minds all that much. Since Sup Forums has become more influential I think it's a good place to be working, similar to how Christianity was big on Sup Forums before the Reddit migration in 2016. I attempted to do a Youtube channel but found this more helpful and possible for me.

Also I can't leave. Please help.

My point is that you're agreeing with him and citing him as a source because he supports what you want to believe. If a non-christian professor of religious anthropology wanted to see if there was a historical Jesus or if he was purely a myth, with no strong bias one way or the other, you'd only ever believe that he was unbiased if he came to the conclusion that Jesus existed. If he didn't, you'd say he was biased, because he didn't give you the answer you want no matter how unbiased it might actually be.

You can't detect bias accurately because of your bias.

>muh circular reasoning

You better read the last page of the Bible. Your going to a special place completely REKT.

>Oh don't forget Nancy is a sin for non but not for me the people creating your religion. Our book teaches us to take advantage of you and kill you but the book we teach you says to spread the other cheek and love your enemies.
Totally not a slave religion kike scam.

Nancy=usury fucking spell check is getting 1984 take the words away bad.

>My point is
Sure is dodging in here.

>My point is that you're agreeing with him and citing him as a source because he supports what you want to believe.
How do you know this? I cited a scholar of a topic speaking about the landscape of the field. What part of this expresses bias? That the scholar also agrees with my position about the nature of mythicist discussion?

M8 I became Catholic from being an atheist almost all of my life. I have zero reason to want to be right about something. Stop assuming shit about me.

>You can't detect bias accurately because of your bias.
Well I certainly detected a bias that led to double standard here

well you helped me in sorting out my faith a while back, so i pray that you continue to spread the truth to Sup Forumslacks (and even the redditors) for as long as you can.

God bless you.

>Nancy is a sin
Someone's grandmother is a sin. How horrible.

>I was once a Priest
Yeah and I was once Yogi the Bear

Heh, I hope to still see you on /christian/ and /lit/, man. Thank you man.

buddy, we are all bias in some way.

>anti-theists get confronted with evidence and argument only to hide from it or fight with only rhetoric

>Christianity is Jewish look at how cool I am
The Jews despise nothing more than Our Lord

I seriously am howling. Is this the best you have child? All are academic embarrassments when trying to prove the historicity of Yeshua Ben Yosef. This has been fun. I use this as a sounding board to see how the simpleton try to prove their myth. Try not to use the Bible(s) as they are fictitious. FYI the Epistles were written first by several authors at least three decades after the said "Christ". Jesus is a myth. Now you know and knowing is half the battle.

The problem is not whether or not Christianity is growing worldwide, but whether or not Whites are becoming more or less Christian.

Christendom already comprises of 2/3 shitskins. Eventually, in the name of democracy and equality they will demand a colored pope, their very own Obama in the Vatican. In our progressive and liberal world, who could oppose this without being deemed a fringe radical?

Would you real allow a non-white into the highest office in the Christian world? Anyone who says "yes" is a traitor to their people, and I guarantee you most Christians would not oppose a colored pope or if they would they would not find scriptural evidence to support their position.

The day a non-white becomes leader of the church is the day christianity dies and all traces of it deserve to be destroyed.

Islam.

>historical figure named 'jesus of nazareth' existed
>led jews in peaceful protest against romans
>therefore he was definitely a GOD
okay senpai