But the girls are cute what the fuck is wrong with you dipshit

because it's shit

Spike dies.

These. Sup Forums in a nutshell.

Tell me you don't want fucking trap dick. Tell me you fucking straightfag

Because m-muh milia

Because of how bad it is, right?

Because it's hyped up far beyond it's value

Popularity is part of the reason, but it's not just that.
>Cute girls redeem everything
>a single character makes the anime worth it
This can be true with other anime, but I'm afraid that being a fetish fuel doesn't make a good character.

The fuck are you talking about. Pandering is ok sometimes

Adachi is the killer

Lelouch lives.

ALL HAIL LELOUCH

>enlighten me

That's not possible.

>why does shit get so much shit?

SAGE SAGE SAGE SAGE

People say it's good because it does isekai very differently, but it can't stand on it's own merits

shitty ending feels rushed halfway through, lots of unexplained things, also around halfway through gets super cringeworthy at times, introduces random characters that feel like filler with no real impact. i think i got it all

Pandering is great in addition to an actually good show.

Because anything that attracts enough of a large fanbase usually has a lot of shit attached. That said many on Sup Forums believe that what is popular to them is because their unique tastes, thus normies like it tarnishes that feeling.

Because a lot of people think it's good

/thread

It was discussed heavily and some people get sick of hearing the same thing over and over again, it also seemed like the logical conclusion of shit anime so it had to be shit as well.
People were unable to make strong arguments either way until after it finished leaving many to ponder whether the show had any meaning at all. Some people hate it just because they thought the gimmick was interesting enough without needing such a divisive protagonist.

it was SAO with different character designs

Popular in the west

It got popular. Not to mention despite how good the anime was it wasn't well adapted s it should have been. Leaving it rushed and leaving many people wanting.

Not to mention they watered down every other character except Emilia.

Because it's shit.

Because it's extremely popular, and frankly far beyond what it deserves.

The quality of a series is often relative to it's popularity is more or less a bell curve, the more extreme it's popularity/unpopularity the less likely it is to be good, the real good stuff is usually somewhere in the middle. Try to argue against that position if you want I guess

Because of threads like this one.

What I find is that you will get differing opinions based on which medium they experienced the series. Those who watched the anime and haven't delve past episode 25 think its shit. While those who have read the series WN wise and went past 25 think the series is good.

>Actually reading WNs

>Not reading the source material of every series you find

That's like saying Berserk is shit purely based off on the 2016 adaptation

If the source material for some anime was graffiti scrawled over the wall of a men's room bathroom I wouldn't read it, would you? Well I guess you would since you seem to have no standards whatsoever, however some of us do and won't read something that's only one step above the weekly column in a gossip rag.

CLANG

Minor shitposting like every anime gets somehow spiraled out of hand due to those defending it only making it easier to shitpost. It turned into a shitpost war, and now everyone on the board is sick of everyone who shitposted about it and associate it with bad memories. Also, the MC was really fucking annoying. I liked him at first, but with all the asspulls he got and taking credit for shit he didn't do, he was almost unbearable. Memes were the final nail in the coffin as everyone was screaming I LOVE EMILA WHO IS REM DARK LORD SUBARON MEMEBOY DECONSTRUCTION OF ISEKAI

Despite having you put me onto your slippery slope there is some merit to reading source material, as anything can be butchered down in an adaptation causing loss of value. But clearly you have not read the series at all so I have nothing for me to pit you against unless I start posting spoilers or feign ignorance.

>Try to argue against that position if you want I guess
I don't think there's enough correlation for that to be a trustworthy measure. Some popular anime is trash, but some popular anime is really fucking good. Some unpopular anime are hidden gems, and some unpopular anime is fucking garbage that should stay dead and forgotten.

Well there are always exceptions, but in my view the more popular a thing is, often it is more general and seeks a wider audience it is. I think that to be good art has to choose to be specific, and in doing so alienate some of the potential audience. So again in a widely applicable sense it would seem to me that often the less (but not least) popular series end up being better for that reason. That isn't to say that no good ones end up on the edges, but as a rule of thumb they are less likely too.

I also think this has to do something with the whole idea that the judgement of crowds of people is best not when the maximum number of people are voicing their opinions, nor the minimum, but a medium sized population that can often judge with more clarity than either. Less popular series typically I believe are better judged by the people who end up watching them, than something that is very popular where the fanbase takes on a life of it's own.

Also just to clarify I am mostly considering at the moment popularity, there are many anime that over time have gained a larger following in hindsight than they had when they were new. Yet I can't think of many of these that later became popular mainstays that were also that way at the time of their initial release.

I'm gonna punch any chode that even remotely reminds me of you

So like was it just me or could anyone else tell from the second he appeared he was totally the killer though?