Lay it on me Sup Forums, is it good? Because I'm 2 episodes in, and holy shit, even for a kid's anime...

Lay it on me Sup Forums, is it good? Because I'm 2 episodes in, and holy shit, even for a kid's anime, the animation is fucking horrible.

Also, I don't like main girl's voice acting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YqptAmWvRo
youtube.com/watch?v=89QDEWHGMO4
youtube.com/watch?v=rcnREe-J6eE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No it's not good.

It's mediocre to average. I was disappointed by the lack of romance, the age gap between the MCs was perfect for /ss/.

How come so few anime do straight shota x teenage girl romances?

The first cour is arguably the worst thing to ever grace the digimon shows. The second is the strongest of the run, third drags quite a bit but ends on a strong note, the last one is a nice surprise.

How would you rank all 8 main Digimon anime, Sup Forums?

Adventure 1 > Tamers > Frontier > Tri > Savers/Data Squad > SHIT > The rest

I thought it became good at episode 13, but I love Savers, because the MC literally does not give a single fuck and punches each and every digimon he meets in the face even high ranking megas from the olympus 12 for example.

Tamers > Adventure 1 > 2nd half of Xros Wars S1 > 02 > Savers > the original virtual pet toy thing > Frontier > Tri = Xros Wars S2

When I watched it as young, it was pretty cool and badass. The MC's attitude is "fuck it, let's just get things done" and that appealed to me as a kid. He's like a superhero

Are these the 8?

Tamers>Savers>Adventure>Xros Wars=Tri>Frontier>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Xros Hunters (Good god)

Tamers>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Xros

Which one was that again? The one where MC punches Digimon? That was alright, I guess.

Oh shit, this. The second part of Xros Wars was so fucking garbage, which is a shame since the first part was actually pretty good.

The new series that's supposed to be about Appmons, it better be fucking good because sullying the Digimon premise with cellphone shit is unexcusable.

Good animation in digimon should be savoured when it happens, not because it's expected.

But really, the first episodes have a bit of generic feel to them but it picks up at around episode 9 or so.

The 2nd season of Xros Wars did so much wrong, it tried to be the Tamers of Xros Wars but threw that premise out of the window as fast as it could, it's so disappointing.

The first part of xros was also extremely episodic and shallow though.

At first it was eh and meh with Not-Misty and Not-Brock but once those two got put back into the real world we had some actual tactics and strategy going, which was a new and nice element over "Punch/Beamspam shit until we win" of most Digimon shows.

The first part of Xros Wars was passable considering it was literally a Saturday Morning Cartoon for children.

At this point I barely remember much about it, other than the mysterious old man being the bad guy from the first season, that non-cannon thing about characters from other seasons showing up, and that I pretty much forced myself to watch it every week waiting for when it was going to get good.

Xros always had tactics and strategy going, the problem was when powerlevels were inconsistent within the show as the plot demanded it.

Holy shit I forgot all about this show, I loved it as a kid. Probably the first show I watched all the way through.

>Saturday Morning Cartoon for children

The animators liked Nene too much for it to be simply that

All the burst modes other than bancho leomon's and agumon's are in cyber sleuth:

youtube.com/watch?v=1YqptAmWvRo

Oh I forgot about Nene and her silly Palmtree hair. Still, this isn't outside the norm for children shows in Japan. They breed otaku from early age.

but the property damage.

Adventure / Tamers / Xros
>>
Xros 7 Generals
>
Fontier / Savers
>>
Xros Time Hunters / Tri
>

Swap hunters with 02, xros with savers and we agree.

holy shit, thank you

I don't need to agree with your shit standards.

I wasn't making you.

Xros Manga was fucking great.

The odd thing is that there is an age gap but she doesn't look older at all.

>Didn't know of age gap
>Wikis Masaru's age

Yfw he's 14.

and so is touma, meaning he won a nobel prize at 19 years old.

The problem was that Masaru and Touma don't look like 14 at all.
I pegged them to be atleast 16 years old.

Even though the start of Savers was so slow I really enjoyed it throughly.

The think that bothers me with Savers is the QUALITY, even in the OP I don't ever remember any other Digimon series with that bad of animation like with Savers.

Is there a saviors game? I know Masaru had a cameo in one.

yes for the ps2.

Savers>Adventure>Frontier>Tamers>02

Didn't watch the others because I felt too old for kodomoshit

Why was Believer so good and why was Masaru so based?
He literally punched digi-god in the face.

masaru had a cameo in world ds and dawn dusk if I'm not mistaken.

ryo akiyama in tamers is 14 while the rest of the tamers are 10 years old too.

You reckon? I liked savers the most out of any digimon series because the MC for the most part isn't a sissy whiny bitch and goes around punching digimon. What came before it was shit, what came after it was shit, and what's airing now isn't even digimon.

I liked when he beat the shit out of a defenseless Biyomon for some banchou weird stuff

The reason was because of biyomon being a wild animal that wanted to be partner to the MC's sister.

youtube.com/watch?v=89QDEWHGMO4

I bet you like 3.0 more than the other Rebuild movies too.

Bunch of people ranking Frontier's so low even though it had the best characters and the best digimon evolutions. Why?

did someone say evangelion?

>Best characters
lol no. Maybe if the spot light stealing wasn't so strong.

>best digimon evolutions
So best that by far frontier's most visible legacy is it's villains.

Is this what passes for digimon these days? Theres nothing even slightly non-human about it

Not as bad as Gankoomon.

This travesty shouldn't exist.

youtube.com/watch?v=rcnREe-J6eE

MOTHAFUCKING MASARU

I wish Tamers had better evolutions sequences, Tamers had the best in my opinion

Savers*

When I first watched Ep 1 when he and Agumon clashed I called bullshit when face wasn't torn off.

Luckily it turned out to be one of the best in the series

Despite saver's flaws, the OST and Masaru really saved this show for me.

>it had the best characters
This and a really good story.

I wish we would go back to old days when they were dragons, wolves, birds, bugs etc.

Yoshino's voice actor is a normal actress, model and singer, voice acting was a foray no-one asked for though.

>people ranking Tamers so high
I was told by a friend not to bother with it because every conflict ends with the chick's Renamon using diamond storm and saving the day. Is this not true?

Savers became good when they entered the Digimon world. Good thing it happened so early.

Thats not true. Maybe some of the early battles ended like that, since Renamon was the Digimon of the main trio that had the most prior experience, but Tamers was very balanced in how much each of the main characters contributed.

>crazy jungle boy speaking broken english

I didn't like how his younger sister was a clone of him, I didn't realize til after the show ended that Ikuto, Touma and Masaru all had imoutos

Tamers > Savers > Xros Wars > Adventure > Frontier > 02 > Hunters

Tri is more or less at the level of Adventure. Appmon, eh, it's pretty kodomoshit until now but many digimon seasons start off weak.

It's Digimon, it becomes kinda good like halfway through.

Best digimon product besides Tamers

No. People just have an obsession over the MC punching Digimon which is a stupid ass gimmick outside that it has among the least memorable cast in the franchise outside Kurata and the second half is such a drag to sit through due to how dull it is.

Skip to episode 12, it gets good then. I liked it more than Frontier, Xros Wars, and even Tamers.

>the animation is fucking horrible.

Digimon's not exactly the best when it comes to animation.

Adventure probably has the worst animation I've ever seen but no one remembers because they saw it when they were 8.

there are many good characters.

>How do you do, fellow kids?

I watched it years ago. I remember Masaru for being himself, Yoshino for being a useless piece of shit, and his doggo guy for existing and not really doing anything else. Even the professional organization trying to do... something was secondary to Masaru's punching antics. It's a weak show with weak characters. is pretty spot-on. Outside of PUNCHING DIGITAL GODS LOL, the show has nothing to sell itself with.

I didn't even care about how bad Yoshino's voice acting was. She was such a goddamn waste of space I wish they had written her out entirely. You'd be hard pressed to find a more useless, unnecessary character.

>those chicken necks on tagiru and taiki

Yeah, but she's the cutest heroine, which makes her alright.