Secret S/a/nta

So how are you preparations going?

My first package came today!

Finished the rough carving of my wooden hatsune miku nendo gift.

Waiting for my package. I hope my user likes his waifu on a sheet.

What? A wooden nendo?

I am the gift.

My first set of gifts are ordered. Unbelievably, a package from Osaka will be here a full week sooner than a package shipped domestically.

It's gonna be torture waiting to send them out.

First timer here, how would you feel if you were gifted stuff above your bracket? I personally would have no issues with it but I can imagine other people feeling guilty over it, dumb as it sounds.

I have no issues about it. But like you said, some people might feel guilty about it.

The people who would feel guilty for more than five minutes are in the vast minority.

I've been waiting all week for this thread.

I feel like a child again

Chances are they know or did it on purpose. Just thank them, write them a card if they give you the opportunity, or pay it forward later on.

Two of my cards are done, I just need to go to the post office. I'm supposed to have two more assignments but it looks like Santafaggot is still trying to figure stuff out.

Me too user. It's the most fun I have on Sup Forums.

To clarify I'd be the one gifting above the bracket, that's why I'm curious how you guys would feel receiving it.

FH from WA

I'm shipping stuff directly to you because it's coming straight from Japan and I wouldn't want you waiting until way after Christmas. I'll try and send you a package of my own as well so you get something I personally put together.

I regularly spend ~70 on poverty bracket.

Sorry, didn't mean to quote

Two out of five cards done. They look like crap and hopefully user doesn't hate me for mutilating his waifu so bad

Also paid 3000 yen to forwarder (books are heavy as fuck) and wait for Amiami to send the invoice. I wish user will like what I got them.

Also on a completely different note, how would you feel if you got drama CD? I wouldn't think that anyone would downright hate it, but it does require some knowledge of moon.

I'd love whatever an user would send me whether it was worth 25 or over 50 if i chose 25-50.

I'd rather have something than be grinched

I've already had all my orders arrive, took less than 4 days by airmail. Guess I'll sit on them until the end of the month before sending them to my assignment though.

Had two drawings out of six done for card but I'm gonna redo one because, even if I'm not an artist , I have standards. High standards and low skill sucks. Fuck me I guess.

I have a little more shopping I should complete today, too. So I guess that's ok.

>Nippon Yassan still "preparing" my order since the 7th
>havent even started on my 3 cards

I still can't buy anything because of a certain user's unclear wishlist.

Messaged already but haven't gotten a response yet.

What do?

The ideal deadline for international shipping is the first week of December correct? Does someone have the chart?

I have one present ready since it is lieing around, but I haven't even started, too. Should start soon.

Just ship it as soon as you can.

Your postal service / courier will have shipping times on their website, just go by that.

I know how that is, I was looking for some books for my user and the shipping would have killed me. But luckily I also found those books on amazon, so I paid next to nothing for shipping.

Just received his gifts. Gonna add some posters, a card and maybe some candy and ship it.

Funnily enough, I ordered from Amazon too, but it was a marketplace-seller and it was A2-sized posterbook so yeah.

I was expecting it to be heavy, but I really underestimated how much it would actually weigh.

Ah, yea shipping from amazon itself can be cheap or even free. But it's another story if it's from someone else.

Still haven't ordered the materials.

In the final processes of brainstorming and organizing what to buy then going to start working on the gift asap.

Zalgo-kun of Sacramento what clothing size do you usually buy for t-shirts?

Is sending cards in early December okay? I doubt I'll be able to finish them earlier.

>Just learned a few days ago that I will be out of state for christmas
SantaFriends I sent you an email to send to whoever is assigned to me, gomen

About t-shirts, an M would fit just about anyone r-right? I don't want to contact my giftee directly and ruin the surprise since it's based on a niche series and I plan to design it myself.

I sure hope Obto likes Ferrero Rocher

Weabs aren't known for their athleticism or general wellness. You're better off just asking his general shirt/clothing size and keeping as many details hidden as you can.

Just send them as soon as their finished.

Received my card today.

Save it until Christmas, right?

Im an xxl/xxxl, wouldn't risk. An m would only be of use as a wash cloth.

Ordered items for my two anons and already received one yesterday, unfortunately the outside is slightly damaged due to >amazon shipping.
Haven't started cards yet.

Finbro, you said you'd update your list "soon". I've been waiting ;_;

Damn I guess I am a small exception for this since I started looking after myself since my family started having operations left and right and diseases. I went from 235 down to like 170 lbs, also sorry for blog shit just saying since I actually made it apparent to my santas that I wear size M's now instead of XL

Well since they sent it so early, they might expect it to be posted early. So great, looking forward to see the early card every week.

I'm in the same boat, brah, no worries. Used to be a chunky monkey, got into weightlifting and dropped a ton of fat. Now I can indulge in my degenerate hobbies without looking like a total drain on society.

I mean, I still am, but I just don't look that way.

Might not be a bad idea to try to get contact to them in threads (even if you've tried before, they might have just missed it).
I guess if that doesn't work, maybe contact Santa again in case something went wrong somewhere in the message chain.

Ordered all my shit with SAL
Livin' on the edge

My printer heads fucked up and they cost like 80 bucks each so I'm fucked if my backup printer isn't working.
That aside I'm ok.

All my gifts arrived and I've wrapped them.
Now I just need to tie them up with ribbon, do the cards, and ship them off!

Got two of the things I ordered from Mandarake, started working on the card now. I'm just waiting on one order from Nin-nin-game since I had hard time finding it on other sites. Nin-nin charges a bit more, but they tend to have a lot of good stuff. I really hope it ships out soon, I wanna get this shit done. I really hope the person I'm gifting for loves the stuff I got them.

Fuck, I know that feeling. That site has some good stuff, but sometimes it feels like an eternity by the time they ship.

I normally use amiami in /ss/, havent used Nippon Yassan before.

Any idea how long it usually takes and is this typical for them? Glad I got EMS instead of SAL

Nippon yasan is good when it comes to content, but when it comes to shipping out, it's a mixed bag. Their schedule can be a bit strange. Since you got it on the 7th, I'm sure it'll ship out soon, so don't stress too much.

I sent the list on Sunday/Monday.
If it didn't come through yet, I'll resend it.

My gifts to send out have been arriving.
Ordered two copies of a manga I am including so I can keep one for myself. :3
Now to embarrass myself with a hideous wrap job.

Is anybody else more afraid of their giftee not posting anything than they are of being grinched? I can handle not getting anything but it'll be depressing to just throw something into the void.

I hope my user likes my dismal attempts at tying ribbon.

I see your point. I'm not sure which scares me more.

>participated last 3 years
>on a ship this year

M-merry Christmas guys.

I wonder if santaloli didn't see it.

MS from NJ
VG from AZ
KH from CA

I managed to finish all the cards last week. I was going to send them later but I went ahead and sent them a few days ago since I figured I was going to get busier as Thanksgiving approaches.

Merry Christmas. Getting the lewd card printed at the print shop actually was not as embarrassing as I thought it would be.

I haven't received a match yet, there's nothing in either my inbox or spam folders. I emailed him yesterday (didn't realize we were supposed to get matches already). Anyone else have this problem? Is the
[email protected]

email the best place to reach the guy organizing all of this? I want to send a gift but I can't right now.

Yes, if you haven't received a match yet mail that address.
But if it's blondefag you can fuck off.

It should be, yes.

BW from the U.K. and JM from Canada your cards are being made and your gifts will be ready in a few days, so everything will be sent next week.

no initials=no gifts Im just gonna grinch again since Im moving soon anyways

Would you rather receive apparel, a mug or a decorative cushion of your favorite series?

J from NSW your gifts have been ordered and are on their way to me.

As appealing as a mug is, I would never dare use it. At least the cushion is supposed to be just a decoration.

Hey PH of OH, hope you're having a nice autumn!

NOW CHECK YOU FUCKING MAIL

I prefer the mug.
Anime cusions are something I never liked.

ARP from Spain I got something for you ready, but I'm thinking if I should add something.
EJ from France I like Spice and Wolf do you want something from that?

I have a tons of mugs so I'd rather get cushion

Hmm, I think I would prefer the mug, it's the most practical.

Fuck off. I and many others don't do an initial roll call to keep the secret in Secret Santa.

How does posting initials stop things from being a secret?

Mug

>ARP from Spain
That's definitely me. But user, if you already have something that's okay, you don' need to add any more. I mean, I'm on poverty bracket and I shouldn't ask for something expensive. Whatever you got, it'll be fine for sure.

> got anons from states that voted for Trump

should i grinch them? i mean they're only cards so it's no big deal and they probably deserve it, right?

Oh I'm so excited, my first /ss/ response.
It was a give away from a convention, so I want to add something to it or I would feel bad user.

It's okay if you want to add something, I mean. not that I'm going to complai about it or something... but again, I'll be fine with whatever you send, it doesn't matter if it's something you got from a convention. As long as you send it with love, everything will be perfect.

>Working on cards

This is hell.

While working on cards, always remember the #1 rule about anime christmas cards: don't think too much about your shitty drawing skills, the only thing that matters is love.

Well, they look like crap either way.

Dude, you should look how mine looks.
I was supposed to draw Homura dressed as Santa, and it looks nothing like her. But I'm sure everyone here cares only about the love you put on the card, whatever it looks good or not.

I wish I could.
I always end up doing bad edits with photoshop with love

I'm hoping to get a response back from the santas this weekend with my anons updated wishlist, if not then I'll buy stuff I think they might want and hope for the best. I've already waited close to a week for the response and if I'm ordering from overseas I don't think I can wait much longer.

Although they're filled with love, being mediocre is worse, I don't even have the excuse to say "I don't draw"

I'm working on some minimalist templates right now. Once that's done I can print them and piece them together. I wonder if I should print them on cardstock or use construction paper.

That's why I'm going with a minimalist style this year. It should turn out much better than my lame drawings.

Yea, waiting much longer might cut things pretty close.

I'm drawing them by myself. And I could probably do some edits that would definitely look better, but I prefer hand-made things. Pic related is one of the cards I'm going to send and it doesn't look good at all but love is the only thing that matters. Also, dear Sup Forumsnons from Canada, don't open the spoiler because this card could be for some of you.

I only got 1 done. I'm hurrying to get them done by mid November so I can ship them early.

Because you signed up, and it's expected that you will be reciving a present.

>worried that I hadn't seen my initials in any of the threads
>check my mail to find a letter from my /ss/
>tell me not to worry and that they're doing their best
My /ss/ is the best, I don't even care what I get I know it's coming with a bunch of love.

If that's the case, then you should practice a lot and I'm sure your skills will be better next year!

Minimalist style is also a good option, well done.

That makes no sense.

>doing minimalist style cut-outs right fucking now because I can't draw
>they look like shit.

I should just retry, but making just one takes so fucking much time.

Now you two should see each other and hold hands if he's okay with that.

What, minimalist? Making 2 shouldn't take much longer than 1 if you're using the same picture.

They didn't put a return address so sadly I have no idea where they are.