Should it be legal to run a restaurant that provides no nutritional value?

should it be legal to run a restaurant that provides no nutritional value?

should it be legal to run a restaurant that isn't healthy to eat everyday?

should restaurants be obligated, forced to serve healthy meals that could be eaten at any meal at any time?

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2013/07/28/the-greatest-food-in-human-history/
mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/mcdouble.html
youtube.com/watch?v=6gL0xQHI0wo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're asking a both nihlistic and hedonistic society, what do you think?

And capitalist to top it off.

Calories are nutritional value

You're not forced to eat unhealthy food you fat fuck.

>should it be legal to run a restaurant that provides no nutritional value?
All food has nutritional value. Read a book.

>should it be legal to run a restaurant that isn't healthy to eat everyday?
Nobody is forcing you to eat there.

>should restaurants be obligated, forced to serve healthy meals that could be eaten at any meal at any time?
No, business owners should be allowed to do whatever they want with their business (adhering to laws)

No cause we all have different nutritional needs you absolute dumbass

why would you outlaw a person's choice to harm themselves?

you have to outlaw gambling, alcohol, the 40 hour work week, soda pop, tobacco, pineapple, coconut, and a slew of other shit as well if you actually think this way.

>pineapple
>coconut
redpill me senpai

there's literally poison marketed as food on every corner in the USA. for dirt cheap. there is a pattern, and the USA is overweight. there is an epidemic.

I hate that argument where there is always personal choice, which there is, but the system is rigged against the common family. they work dual incomes, have no time to prep, and when they go fast food to catch a break everyone points the finger as in, why don't you resist! it's your choice! while that's true, shouldn't they have a little help? shouldn't uncle Sam help out and subsidize fruits and veggies instead of corn and potatoes and cheap meat?

everyone wants to point the finger, but why are you watching your brother fall into those traps instead of trying to fix them?

You're not forced to eat it first of all. Second, I don't see the problem with McDonalds. The McDouble is the cheapest source of energy (as measured by calories per dollar) to ever exist. Would you rather starving poor people or morbidly obese poor people? Personally, I'd rather not be stepping over starving poorfags in the street

Heil Ronald!!

>should it be legal to have sex with someone that provides no reproductive value?

Literally who cares? Would you rather the poor starve? We have practically eradicated hunger from our society and it's all because of McDonalds.

Fuck you shill. I'd rather not go back to a time when half the population was starving

No. Mcdicks should be thrown into the gas chambers.

Why do you think the government should have authority on that?

Is it because the government forces burdens on taxpayers elsewhere?

>source of energy
Maybe only in fast food (though I would wager JITB tacos or Wendy's dollar burger can best it)
But ALL food? Hahahaha no. Any bag of chips will beat it, not to mention basically any staple.

Should car manufacturers be only allowed to sell vehicles that are 100% safe and can't drive at unsafe speeds?
Should knife manufacturers only be allowed to make knives that can't cut people?

in an attempt to replicate the results from the documentary Supersize Me A group of college students ate nothing but McDonald's for breakfast lunch and dinner the result was they all lost weight. so McDonald's does indeed provide nutritional value and provided you aren't gorging yourself on it you can lose weight and have a healthy lifestyle while eating it. however the sodium content is rather High which is bad news for black people.

Careful you will upset the english

The McDouble is literally a dollar menu item and it has a solid 600+ calories. Bag of chips has 200 max. Even a bottle of Coke is only 300

You bring up restaurants, but the bigger problem here is food in general, food that is sold in stores
all that food is created with the thought in mind "maximize profit" the majority of food at the store in one way or another is shit
showing nutritional value percents is supposed to help, dumb dumbs see that it provides 500% the daily salt & don't buy it, right?
except the loop hole is portion sizes, they can reduce those big numbers to very tiny numbers by having absurdly small portions being whats measured

The McDouble is 380 calories and is on the "value menu" at $1.60. It's half as good as you are claiming and much worse than fucking beans or rice.

No but you are obligated to suck cock you faggot commie.

but user, knives are made to cut. not the same argument. a more fitting argument would be a knife that didn't cut.... are you twelve?

Here's some sauce faggot. Read for yourself nypost.com/2013/07/28/the-greatest-food-in-human-history/

Ok, where is the line where it says it has "600+ calories" as you claimed?

Would it not produce a better society though?

Also I'm going to read further and further refute
>whereas fresh veggies and the like cost more than 10 times as much, found a 2007 University of Washington survey for the Journal of the American Dietetic Association.
Veggies are a fucking meme and are not meant for calorie density. The entire study and premise is bogus and fucking stupid. Eggs, milk, and beans all offer better calorie to dollar ratios.

>should it be legal to run a restaurant that provides no nutritional value?
Yes, it should be legal to run a restaurant that serves dog shit, because this is America and we do whatever the fuck we want faggot.

No, it shouldn't be legal. They're selling poison, working directly against the people of the nation.

So I was wrong about that. Big deal. I don't google my shit before I make claims on Sup Forums.

The point still stands

who decides "healthy"?

Someone else already handled it, but you GREATLY over estimated the McDonnell and GREATLY under estimated chips (~ 2$ for over 12k calories).
As other user said, staples trounce both. (That's how they became staples)

Should people be forced to eat at restaurants?

It doesn't, see

this
/thread

I agree the serving sizes are misleading, but it's not hard to calculate the percentages for how much you'll actually eat.
Typically it's just 1.5-2x

I know you Amerifats like to shit on us whiteys stuck here in South-Africa
But atleast we have more natural/healthy food for much cheaper, eat red meat that hasn't been tampered with too much etc
Thats why we don't have such a cuck/pussy/nu-male/soyboy epidemic like you, here most of the fat people I see are the niggers....

>source
>not McDonald's own legally required publication
mcdonalds.com/us/en-us/product/mcdouble.html

I'm done with this argument, but I am fascinated by your inability to change such an entirely unimportant fact in your own mind.
Do you hate appearing wrong so much that you refuse to be right?

The gov does sibsidize farming which is why produce is cheap as fuck. Try shopping in the produce section for once you dumb fat faggot.

>pay farmers to grow corn
>also pay farmers not to grow corn
I hate this gay earth.

You can probably live to 70 eating nothing but McDonald's.

> Should

people be expected to not eat shit every day if they know it's shit?

Yes.

1) the protein to calorie ratio of the mcdouble is about as good as you'll ever get, 30g protein per 200 calories for $1
2) protein and fat is very good for you, this is what ultrarunners eat to cover such large distances
3) multuvitamins ARE MORE THAN sufficient for ALL required vitamins, easily surpassing vegetables just look it up the absorbtion rates dont even change

If you arent suviving on mcdoubles, multivitamins, and water you're a fucking retard basically

i dont care. tfw to intellegent for macdonalds niggers

Yes, yes, and no.
The market decides what should and shouldn't exist.

How about you go for a walk, faggot?

>they work dual incomes, have no time to prep, and when they go fast food to catch a break everyone points the finger as in, why don't you resist! it's your choice! while that's true, shouldn't they have a little help?
pic related

>shouldn't we subsidize poor people
no, we should kill most of them

Better in what way? Not everyone will agree that cutting freedom for public health is 'better'

youtube.com/watch?v=6gL0xQHI0wo

Eat shit. Both oats or peanut butter will give you double that per dollar.

'mericans don't eat like shit because of economics. Thats a bullshit leftist meme. We eat like shit because we are spoiled rotten and nobody teaches us about aelf control. Nobody says no. Salt and fat tastes great so we indulge and blame someone else.

McDonald defense force in full effect tonight

This is extremely false.

First of all oats are carbs, you dont want carbs when running an endurance race you want fat. Secondly, peanut is very expensive and the protein/fat ratio is shit tier in comparrison to the mcdouble.

Literally all you have to do to off set salt consumption is to drink more water, fyi

Don't have to like Mcdonalds to hate government sticking its nose into every aspect of society

You're extremely false.

There is literally nothing wrong with fast food.

Uncle sam shouldn't subsidize a god damn thing. People are fat mainly because of eating too much and eating too much sugar and foods which spike blood sugar. There's HFCS in everything because we subsidize corn. We only do that because of fucking Iowa politics.

And you want more subsidies? Get the government out of it. Then crap food will be more expensive and people might eat less of it.

Source?

Not a single one of those numbers is accurate. Not any of them. How could you be so stupid?

>gets proved wrong
>n-n-o those aren't real

No you didnt prove anything wrong use some common sense

Hmmm does ramen have more protein per calorie than beef

Hmmmmmmmmm

I'm busy as fuck, and make a week's worth of food at a time. Sometimes its chicken fried rice. Other times, it's rice and beans. Other times, it's chicken alfredo.

All you need is a rice maker (~15 at walmart), a single pot (~6 bucks at walmart), a big wok (~5 bucks at walmart), and some containers to put it in, so you can store it in the freezer (Glad sells "freezeware" containers; two 64 oz containers for 3.38, or 10.14 for 6). I spend about 71 cents per meal on ingredients and spices that requires a 35 dollar investment on equipment.

Granted, as I started doing this more and more, I wound up investing in higher quality cookware (like a stone wok, a ceramic pot, and a good sized ceramic knife), but those aren't things you have to do, it just makes the job easier.

Does it? I don't see you posting sources.

Every restaurant provides "nutrients" of some sort, maybe not the best nutrients, but they're not just selling you literal plastic. The current laws are fine, it's just the fact that people like fat and sugar above kale and chava.

Yes, yes, no.

However, I'd be fine with warning labels, advertising restrictions, and excise taxes on added sugar, like we do for tobacco, as it has been shown added sugar increases the risk of heart disease regardless of age, weight, sex, physical activity, or overall diet.

It's per dollar

Yes, and?

one hamburger has 25% of your daily protein needs. for one dollar. mcdouble has 50% daily protein for $1.50

McDonalds is the best favor, nutritional and caloric value for your dollar in all of the known universe.

All I of need to survive is a double quarter pounder meal per day.

Meant the guy u responded to

For me, it's the McChicken.

Banning the sale of unhealthy food isn't limiting freedom.

>no nutritional value?
[citation needed]
Chick Fil-a detected

Eber since I stawted wachin tawtoons. Dey aways towd me dat, yu deserb a bweak tooday,

Wif too awl beef patty spesal sawwce, wettuce, chez, pikel, onyuns ona sesmee seed bun!

My docto tew me mi sowdium is ok.

He just remin me to tak all my medz for my diabetes, hypertensions, hi blood preshur, he awso gave me som withium to help my mood. And he wemind me to aways wear my sweep apneah mask, and he sas I'w bee jus fine!

Beef has 11g of protein per 100 calories.

Ramen is 8g of protein with 300 calories.

Can you do math, bud? Have you ever eaten ramen in your life? Ever looked at the back of a fucking nutrition label? Jesus christ just look at all the other hilariously retarded things on that list.

We do have safety regulations for cars, though. If we had an easy, cheap way to govern the speed of cars only on public roads, I'm sure people would call for limiters. Instead we have speed limits and traffic tickets, because it's easier/more cost effective to implement.

Who said anything about instant ramEN?

Schools with no intellectual value are the norm, oh wait you talked about fast food.. sry i confused your education with fast food.

Right next to calories per dollar is calories per protein

Is every person in this thread braindead off a lifetime of eating nothing but rice

>should it be legal
No, the question is "should it be illegal".
And, the answer is no.

>no nutritional value
Should people parrot bullshit when they don't know what they are talking about?

The only difference is twice the salt, you idiot.

yes it is

Watch this, fags

No, it's because that paying to remove a governor doesn't give you the right to go faster than what the government wants you to go. If they implemented a governor that maxed out at 75mph (the highest speed I know of in the states), it wouldn't solve the problem of people going 60 in a 20, and it wouldn't mean that if you removed it, that they would be fine with you going 100mph in a 75. The only reason a governor should be put into a car is if the car maker wants to (say that their model is MUCH more likely to ignite if in a crash at over X mph, so they govern it at a couple mph under that to cover their ass from lawsuits).

>12k calories
Those must be super chips.
1.4k kcals max.

Its nu/pol/, they are basically half-reformed leftists. I said it earlier and I will keep saying it:
They hate being wrong so much that they refuse to be right.

If you are honest, you were probably like this before as well. I was, then I learned to love being wrong.

>75 mph
>fast
>laughing utahns.jpeg

Niger what the fuck are you talking about?

A 20 lb bag of rice costs 8 bucks at walmart and will get you 32320 calories.

>eating rice as a staple
Skeleton detected

>Be McDonald's drive-thru guy (I'm in college)
>Since I started working there more than a year and a half ago, literally only two (2) people have requested a side salad instead of fries with their meals

People don't go to McD's for healthy food, they go for drinks, and unhealthy food.

You poor sorry son of a bitch, did you even see what the moron was attempting to say? His data, every single field, every single number is false from a clickbait website.

Add chicken at 2 bucks a pound and beans at a negligible cost and you can eat like a poor as shit gains king.

Which you haven't proved wrong yet.

>(you)
>reading comprehension
Pick one.

free market, fuck you.

there is a mcdonalds literally 5mins from my home and I grab something to eat from there maybe 5 times a fucking year. hmm, there's also a liquor store nearby too and somehow I manage to drink water and not kill myself with 60oz of whiskey everyday...

whoa... it's almost like people have some agency over themselves... fucking nonsense thread. "should everything be 100% regulated to be impossibly misused on the premise that every citizen has the mental capacity of a child?" If someone gets fat eating mcdonalds that's their own fault.

Show me a speed limit sign that goes over 75mph in the states.

>very rich in calories, providing you protheins, carbohydrates and fats to keep ypu going
>no nutritional value
Are you fucking retarded? Their shit is nutritional as fuck.
>very convinient
>allows you to get a quck snack anywhere any time
>affordable

Mc Donalds are fucking geniuses, it is your own fault you are fat, because you are a gluttonous degenerate, Mc Donalds dont make you overeat

But, why rice? It's full of empty calories.