/posthuman_general/

I'm going to have designer kids.

????????

China has been doing this for a while now, lol.

>pays $250k to have aryan kid
>fembot attains self-awareness
>aborts kid
>end up paying alimony to a robot who now fucks the chadtron-9000
>implying designer kids will make life even remotely better

Jews and Chinks have already been doing this for years OP, admittedly with Jews it's less about producing super-babies and more about preventing their kids from having the 9000+ genetic disorders that Jews are susceptible to

Confirmed

This guy is getting 6 more chromosomes.

JUST LIKE ECSTASY

China is already doing this in large numbers.

>have an embryo made out of two spermatozoa and a skin cell
>have the baby delivered by an artificial uterus
>tfw my children will have 100% my genetic material instead of the 50% of traditional reproduction
>tfw I will have procreated with myself
>tfw I can choose whether I can have a son or a daughter, while women will never be able to.
>tfw we're short of a decade or two for women to become obsolete reproduction-wise.

Best timeline.

Bump

The singularity will never happen. It's a meme.
After a certain point technology always has diminishing returns after the seemingly exponential phase.

The biggest thing is attaining the resources to afford these technologies. I just hope it comes soon enough to save my family and that I can afford it.

>can edit your child's genes
>muh diminishing returns
explain this

I don't think you seem to understand how medical ethics work. Just because human gene editing will be permitted in the future, doesn't mean you can immediately jump to editing your germ-line genes and have "designer babies".

in China you can

No, it was a reference to the image, not the topic of the thread. Gene editing is a very unresearched technology and the capacity for growth is immense, unlike that of IT or automobiles, combat aircraft (f-15's vs f-35's, etc) and many others.

Singularity is a term often associated with IT and a host of many sci-fi tier myths like the creation at some point superhuman-like AI's and so on, based on Moore's law. What people don't understand of technology itself that when you see an exponential curve it doesn't mean that the computing power or whatever other thing will grow to infinity, it simply means that there will be a paradigm change.

The most iconic example of that is a calculation some guy made that if the number of horse carriages kept growing the layer of excrement left by them in a few years in Ney York city would be three stories tall. Soon after the automobile was invented and that ridiculous scenario never happened. The singularity is as likely.

The ideas of Singularities or Omega points as they are also known are based on the false assumption that the technology will keep being developed at the same rate, keep giving the same results and will keep being used forever and will not morph into something different or simply be replaced by something else that does the job better after the breakthrough of the exponential phase.

Gene editing is already permitted and used in several countries, but not germline gene editing.

In asia there are companies that screen embryos for genetic diseases, they dont edit their genes though.

I can just imagine the huge fuckup that will happen if this becomes commonplace.

Meanwhile I'm analysing and compiling various studies to write a guideline on how to raise my kids into better people.

I'll make sure the book gets passed down the line and my descendants read it critically so it can be built upon as a family tradition.

As for gene editing... That can be achieved through simple eugenics as well.

Yeah screening for maternal/mitochondrial diseases and the such will most likely be the first set of gene editing laws passed. Nothing like designer babies in the near future.

>10^(-2) and 10^(-4) considered as negative numbers, below zero
who tf made this?

>if
you will be forced to.

If your child is the only one that doesn't get an IQ bump, they will be uncompetitive for jobs.
If your child is the only one that doesn't get attractive jawline, they will be uncompetitive for mates.

If you want to compete in the world, you will be absolutely forced into this.

Watch Gattaca you stupid fucks

That seems like a waste in all honesty. Why would you willingly force yourself to take care of another human being? Children take a lot of resources to raise which is money/time/energy better spent enjoying your own life

Look at the far left you mongoloid. It's showing that those old machines were incredibly expensive while performing very few calculations as compared to today's.
The zero point is where computers broke past one calculation per second per one thousand dollars price.

dumb post if serious

>I don't think you seem to understand how medical ethics work. Just because human gene editing will be permitted in the future, doesn't mean you can immediately jump to editing your germ-line genes and have "designer babies".
There's literally nothing unethical about 'designer' babies, though. The only ethical arguments are against those who are trying to prevent it.

>watch a story written by a guy
9/10 times his brother would beat him in their swim race. That he refused to give up was probably influenced by a gene which his brother lacked.

>Ethics
>relevant
As if they could ban shit. Once it's fully developed and simplified you can just go to Asia to get it done or somewhere else, much to the nanny state bootlicker's despair.

Kek. Why do you think sexual reproduction is a thing for every single higher lifeform if parthenogenesis was viable?

>Ethics
>relevant
They are always relevant. The proper argument to make is that designer babies are perfectly ethical, because they are.