Remember this day, Sup Forums. He died for your sins

Remember this day, Sup Forums. He died for your sins.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=osrGHYADuCA&list=PL1BBFB94952525799&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=Kji-0ceL5yY
youtube.com/watch?v=z2YxJgbkrVw
youtube.com/watch?v=tn5SkMa5JZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Who?

>tfw no one cares about DtB anymore

I almost made another thread because I didn't find this searching the catalog.

Sad that Sup Forums no longer cares. Darker than Black was surprisingly fun despite the weird pacing and haphazard story.

This is at least the fourth one, so I wouldn't say no one cares.

it certainly wasn't forgettable, but I can kinda see why it doesn't have as much staying power as other animu.

NOW I'VE LOST IT

NOW i CAN KILL

The atmosphere, setting and characters were great. Execution definitely wasn't perfect but it sure was enough to make it hard to forget. Definitely one of my favorite anime.

Mostly talking about season 1, of course. S2 had some good elements but overall it would likely have been better without it.

THE TRUTH EXISTS BEYOND THE GATE

I liked the "Roadside Picnic meets X-Men" aspect. Especially the bit where Hei's infiltrating the Gate research center, and they have half the base watching the drone camera feed and they're all seeing different things. That was one hell of a thing.

Happy... birthday.

Glad someone remembered

>NOW I'VE LOST IT
>I KNOW I CAN KILL
>DOES TRUTH EXIST BEYOND THE GATE
>guitar riff
I will never stop being triggered by this.

Oh I remember. I wish I didn't at times.

Seriously though fuck that ending.

Seems like they've never learnt

Someome actually remembered to make a thread
Proud of you Sup Forums

Something is missing

HE KILLED BEST GIRL FUCK YOU HE DESERVED EVERYTHING

Never Forget

thoughts on the manga?

A cat is fine too?

I don't know if those were the good old days, or just retarded.

Why not both?
The internet became shit when people started taking everything seriously.

What Anime is that girl from? I swear I haven't found it. Those are from 2007, right ?

fate night stay something soething

>What Anime is that girl from?
>doesn't recognize Rin

Depowered Hei was fine. It was the ruski magic girl and the bat shit fucking story that ruined the season that never occured. Depowered veteran Hei was a good angle and would have worked wonders in even the barest minimum of competant story telling. Hell even the mentor angle would have worked.

Plus the music. I still listen to it at times.

youtube.com/watch?v=osrGHYADuCA&list=PL1BBFB94952525799&index=8

>mfw DtB was my first anime after seeing a few episodes with my Boy Scout group after one of the older scouts brought his laptop on a skiing weekend

Chaika's ending was nowhere near DtB S2 tier, though. It's arguable whether it was any worse than DtB S1's, even.

The first show I downloaded weekly from the start. Usually I would marathon what was out until I was up to date. New season started after Geass and this was the one I looked forward to the most. Nana Wills It.

Suou was cute

I wonder if that one user who used to shoop characters with Contractor auras + eyes is still around.

Even with that insanity of an ending, I still want to know more about the setting, even Earth-2. You think even the dead are having a grand ol' time there?

6 more months until DTB turns 10.

>it's been over 9 years

>not the only one who remembers
I love you, Sup Forums

Fuck ;_;

Fuck you Hox, now I have to rewatch DtB.

I am actually of the opinion that both seasons of DtB are excellent and a third is definitely needed.

People are just overly pissed at the change in storytelling between S1 and S2, but pretty much once Hei is on the run the kind of SoL storytelling that S1 employed wouldn't have fit anymore. Everything had changed.

>not the only one who remembers
I almost forgot simply because I didn't even know what day it was until shortly before I saw OP's post.

DON'T WANT ANYTHING ANYMORE

I FEEL THE SAME WAY AS BEFORE

OP here, thanks for remembering! I thought nobody would remember anymore as this post dropped near the bottom. Long live November 11.

Is there any anime that deserves another season more than DTB? It's like taking a massive fucking shit and not telling your best friends about it. There are questions that need to be explained

The 10th anniversary is coming up soon, so if they're going to announce another season, they'll do it then.

I know we say this every year, but I think this time we'll actually get the new season announcement.

>but I think this time we'll actually get the new season announcement.
No we won't and you know it.

That might be a good argument if the overarching plot they came up with was good and not fucking dumb with an absolutely retarded ending (S1 had a dumb ending, but not nearly as bad, and that matters a lot less with episodic stuff). Actually, no, it still wouldn't be a good argument, because even ignoring the story structure, they removed (Yin), neglected (Hei), or ruined (Mao) most of the returning characters, and instead gave us a new cast that, except for maybe lightsaber lesbian, just didn't measure up to November or Amber or even most of the one-offs from S1.

It won't ever happen, just give up. What the fuck was the cat in the end, anyway? I forget if I ever heard.

Don't say that, user.
There's always a chance it could happen.

>I know we say this every year, but I think this time we'll actually get the new season announcement
Please don't set yourself up for disappointment like this, user.

>but I think this time we'll actually get the new season announcement.

oh user

Someone whose power was to transfer his consciousness into animals. Then his body died before he could get back to it and he was stuck.

That's true, sure, but what about the whole "I have to sync up with a computer" bullshit he would occasionally mention and zone out for?

No, user, not Mao. I meant the mysterious cat on the Bones "upcoming works" page or whatever.

What S2?

I loved DtB, but looking back at all the anime I watched from 2006-2010 I sometimes wonder if any of them were actually good, and if what I miss is actually just my childhood. If you can call being 18-22 childhood. Maybe it's best not to think about it and just appreciate them for what they were.

>retarded moeshit shoehorned in
>magical girl transformation
>you have the power to literally transform matter on a huge scale but lets forget about that and an electric cage makes you lose your power because science
>lets also forget about imouto because fuck her
>interesting characters with actual development either killed off or sidelined
>suffering and alcoholism memes
>izanagi izanami izanagi izanami izanagi inzanami maskaaa nandatte?
wtf how did this happened?

Remeber this?
youtube.com/watch?v=Kji-0ceL5yY

I like to replace the events of the second season with the events in the manga. It helps me sleep better at night.

Posting best girl

top tier semen demon

This thread made me want to rewatch DtB, but I rembered this show had some really bad episodes, and I don't want to go through the whole thing. So what are some of the best episode pairs in the first season?

the first season had bad episodes? Watched the whole thing maybe two months ago and enjoyed every bit of it

2deep4u

I really want to rewatch DtB now but my HDD died.

literally this

I remember that thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=z2YxJgbkrVw

DtB 1 was pretty fucking cool anime honestly.

Second season really dropped the ball.

youtube.com/watch?v=tn5SkMa5JZE