Which philosophy has influenced you the most, Sup Forums?

Which philosophy has influenced you the most, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God-Building
tmt.missouri.edu/index.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Round_Table_Agreement
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anarcho-basemento dwellingo

hermetic

stoicism
>tfw you will never be as stoic as Marcus Aurelius

anime

communism, in the sense that it got me red pilled, not to say that communism is the red pill, but that its not.

Christianity
Catholicism
Aquinas

Probably Hitler and the Roman Catholic Bible.
(yes I'm well aware Hitler didn't like Christianity).

learning about the Frankfurt school, postmodernism, and marxism.

Now I can detect it everywhere around me.

Everyone else who actually follows it doesn't even know it by name.

I read Stirner once

Now my IQ is 200 and I got a job as the head chef at Wendy's

black pill

top kek

>the Roman Catholic Bible

Which works have you read?

Stoicism and Thomism

Gib us some literature

theravadan buddhism for sure. basis of my morality is on this religion

The Tao plus gnosticism.

Reading Hayek when I was a libertarian teenager. He woke me up to arguments in favour of tradition and the weaknesses of uncritical rationalism. I've been getting more and more conservative ever since.

Existentialism, specifically Sartre.

Yes.
Your point?

Burkean conservatism, because tradition and custom should guide a man and his worldview.

Bane

God-Building
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God-Building

Many books on the matter were written by early Russian revolutionaries near 1908. This philosophy helped them to withstand cruel repression, organize a revolution and succeed, despite all odds. It's only in Russian, so inaccessible for westerners.
I'm nowhere near a commie, but it really helped me to get my shit together. I stopped being a NEET, found a good job and a girlfriend, looking forward to some real heroic accomplishments.

If you want some modern Red-pilling, instead of all these plebs linking you 100+ year old garbage theory that has never been properly tested.

>Look into The Denial of Death by Ernest Becker

>Or look up Terror Management Theory

While these may not be Philosophies, it may enlighten you to why certain humans pick certain philosophies and may help you find one that works.

the theory

Terror Management Theory (TMT) was proposed in 1986 by social psychologists Jeff Greenberg, Tom Pyszczynski, and Sheldon Solomon. The theory was inspired by the writings of cultural anthropologist, Ernest Becker, and was initiated by two relatively simple questions: Why do people have such a great need to feel good about themselves?; and Why do people have so much trouble getting along with those different from themselves?

The basic gist of the theory is that humans are motivated to quell the potential for terror inherent in the human awareness of vulnerability and mortality by investing in cultural belief systems (or worldviews) that imbue life with meaning, and the individuals who subscribe to them with significance (or self-esteem). Since its inception, the theory has generated empirical research into not just the nature of self-esteem motivation and prejudice, but also a host of other forms of human social behavior. To date, over 300 studies conducted in over a dozen countries have explored such topics as aggression, stereotyping, needs for structure and meaning, depression and psychopathology (e.g., phobias), political preferences, creativity, sexuality and attraction, romantic and interpersonal attachment, self-awareness, unconscious cognition, martyrdom, religion, group identification, disgust, human-nature relations, physical health, risk taking, and legal judgments. Please see the list of publications for more specific information.

>Sleep on the floor next to your wife who gets irritated at you.
>You go too far with your Stoic Larping that your mum gets frustrated and asks you to stop.
>still dont stop.

The works of Kierkegaard

tmt.missouri.edu/index.html

>psychologists
lol
>social
wew lad
>(((Solomon)))
AHAHAHAHAHA
>ignore history
>american

Arent both of these ideas mentioned in The Conspiracy against the Human Race?

Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Cioran.

Kierkegaard and his views on protestantism and free will.

Dostoevsky, Nietzsche, Kierkegaard, Deleuze, Baudrillard, Adorno, Benjamin.

This man has class.

The philosophy I've adopted: "Why should I have to do what I don't want to do?". Things are going sweet.

Philosophy is for nerds just make your own.

I read philosophers mainly in order to avoid their mistakes.

possibly, that book was like the pessimists version of TMT.

Nobody. Listening to other peoples philosophy is nothing but a replacement in the space where your own should be.

Schopenhauer

Plato, Hobbes, Nietzsche, and Evola.

Listening to other peoples philosophy is understanding what the most intelligent people in history have thought. You don't have to emulate them. Its a lazy copout to pretend that just because you are smart you shouldn't learn what other smart people have said, and its pure arrogance to assume someone hasn't thought in some ways better than you.

Prove it.

Marxism. I would have to say that it defines not just my politics but philosophy and ethnics too.

Wisdom is proven in time, not argumentation. You would do well to listen to it when it comes, but will you?

Western free market capitalism and liberal democracy

Muh property rights
Muh individualism
Muh personal responsibility

Stoicism.

Gtfo. Marxism isn't even a philosophy. Try Hegel.

>dialectics aren`t philosophy, read dialectics

Ok.

It was bizarre how it argued that human beings are, for the most part, wholly determined both biologically and to the nature of their thoughts and compulsions and yet argued that all humans ought to rationally accept anti-natalism which arises in this species that has already been argued to have a biological preference and is therefore determined to preserving its survival despite evidence to the contrary that life is malignantly useless.

Philosophy is a blue pill, you can find something interesting in it if you already have a solid mind, but imagine how much bullshit it the thing where people trying explaining world with only words which meaning they don't fully understand. Ask ten philosophers some philosophical term and you'll get ten different answers.

osho
alan watts
Tibetan Buddhism

making up your own mind about everything is better, without poisoning your mind from outside influences.

the philosophy of Martin Heidegger.
Specifically his views on "enframing", the dangers of technology, his whole philosophy has a poetic and mystic and lyrical vibe to it.

Ching chong ping pong. If you can't prove it then it holds no weight. Your thoughts are no different than a Snookie tweet because of it.

Descartes, because his refusal to accept the authority of previous philosophers and his method of continually reevaluating positions which is the closest to the scientific method.

When I got out of the Corps I had to do what I call my "Descartes reset" to understand all the bullshit and work through my ptsd, because I though, if what I believed before is true and I reset and re-evaluate, I should come to same conclusion.

I didn't, and I've been in Wonderland ever since.

Read some fucking bacon

You sound like a pretentious cunt.

if you are a solid mind you will not be poisoned from an outside POV.
Reading others world conceptions is useful as they provide an epistemoloogical basis to your own philosophy. some insights will resonate in your mind and be developped in your own theories.
See some previous works of philosophy not like a poison but as a launching pad; and for others like a warning of a path not to follow

idk is there a school of philosophy that says all live is worthless garbage?

Your entire viewpoint is blue-pilled. Western civilization would be nothing without Plato and Aristotle, and you were already taught all of their thought by existing inside of it and so assume it is your own wisdom. You disrespect your forebears.

And you sound like a dumb cunt. Want to fight you stupid little faggot?

you mean efilism

Perfectionism desu

>Sartre

You should fight me.

You're the faggot.

Marquis de Sade

I was most influenced by Benrnie and his thoughts on equality. I really like the idea of cuckholding, it appeals to my natural senses. Bernie is a great example on how to compensate weakness with further compensation of human dignity. I absolutely love it!

You're the faggot you cunt.
You aren't worth fighting you dumb little hipster, me thought just as good as Aristotle :) faglord

Plato et al simply jargonized what was taught in stories for centuries they were critics and took credit for socially constructed wisdom possibly god-given.

objectivism and christianity

Pessimism, from Schopenhauer, Gnosticism, and Buddhism

Also influenced by Mishima, Stirner, and dialectical materialism, in particular Marxism is extremely useful for analyzing and typifying politics.

Is there something that ties in the Fact that whether you believe in science or religion God has to exsist. hypothetically based on an infinite number of universes or believing religion you reach the same end game

You seem pretty angry for some that supposedly reveres temperance.

Where did I say I revere temperance? Temperance is for faggots. How do you expect me to believe you can understand philosophy when you can't even use critical reading in Sup Forums posts bro?

>Ctrl+F
>chesterton
>Nothing found

You are all doing it wrong...

You probably think Sartre was a philosopher too.

Plato and Aristotle was important, they pushed us to science, they are important now like history, but you probably will agree that today trying understand world through Plato and Aristotle is kinda silly. Viewing these philosophers only can be retrospective with modern knowledge if you just interested in the becoming of our culture.

Show me which stories then if you know.

Great thread chaps.

More than being communist.

>Descartes

I too like to give em the D

Rick and morty

I found camera men

And how do you know there aren't philosophers now who will push us to further avenues of knowledge? You know science has its inherent limits? Its impossible to study the particular.

Shut up commie faggot. Chesterton was a pinko cunt.

Where's the photo/screencap from?

Post-modern zen buddhism.

Can´t give a fuck about anything, since there is no fuck and there is nothing to give any fuck about.

Gibson is not a leaf and I believe in heaven and hell. Your bantering calling each other faggots however doesn’t do much good on a philosophy thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Round_Table_Agreement

We spend our lives learning things and we still die stupid.

Your ego is showing.

What?

Unfortunately all we have are the remnants written down much later but read Ovid or any of the greek dramatists and you will find everything and more from Plato there. Shakespeare is another example of how creative geniuses surpass technical philosophers in every way.

>"Western civilization would be nothing without Plato"
>republic
>four virtues
You're ignorant.