Science Says Kids Who Read 'Harry Potter' Are Just Better Human Beings In General

Sup Forums eternally BTFO

elitedaily.com/life/culture/science-says-kids-who-read-harry-potter-are-just-better-human-beings-in-general/691225

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hjernevask
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Results revealed a main effect of gender, β=.36, p

"Science" says a lot of lot dumb shit these days. Anything science says, especially in a cheesy article, I would do the opposite.

There's a whole bunch of people I know that unironically say they want to be in Hufflepuff

even in their head fantasy, they willingly choose the shittiest house.

I've read and loved the books as a kid.

That said, J.K. Rowling should be gangraped, then quartered on live broadcast

I don't like saying this, but you should really put in more effort to meet new people

The kids would be bettef of if hadnt been exposed to one of the
dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

> a-at least the books were good though

"No!" The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

HAHAHA, what a fucking joke.
"Science says"... the same science as Bill Nye I take it?
Everyone who loves Harry Potter is a feminist/SJW.

I liked Harry Potter. The problem is liberals have very limited critical thinking skills and are easily influenced by literal children's fairy tales

(((Science)))

The first study had 21 girls and 14 boys. They read a passage in the book where Hermione is insulted and Harry Potter is angry about it. The result was that afterwards girls were more likely than boys to be receptive to outgroup members.

Well shit, that actually sounds like the more intersting story than Le evil nazi wizard

yep. liberals are the new autists; they showed everyone that with rick and morty

and this is how the world dies

When you realize Draco was right the entire time
>invites Harry to be his friend in the very first movie, warns him against hanging with the wrong types, gets spurred
>Sorting hat puts Harry in Slytherin, he pusses out and goes Gryffindor like a cuck
>Draco is redpilled on racemixing, calling niggers "mudbloods" to their faces straight up
>A E S T H E T I C Aryan haircut, tall and thin and alpha-looking vs. Harry's manlet stature that impresses only Ginny (an actual coalburning nigger-loving inbred fetal alcohol syndrome having whore) in the end
>BTFO's Harry multiple times in front of the entire school, makes hundreds of pussies wet simultaneously
>Dad still alive for most of the series
>Gets the succ from hot Slytherin thots daily, only succ Harry ever got was from a dementor, Ginny doesn't put out and has bad Weasley genes so his kids are probably retarded vs. Malfoy's guaranteed racially pure Aryan descendants

Take the Malfoy pill

This is why I think Harry Potter is actually commie propaganda. It's probably this story that makes Millennials so fucking retarded.

In every classical hero story, the Hero conquers their own evil *within* and grows morally as a person before engaging the bad guy.

In Harry Potter, the bad guy is just a pure evil racist and there's nothing redeemable about him.

Stories like that affect people's development.

No!

(((science)))

Want Hermione far stronger in magic than Draco?

I read it. It was gay af

not to mention that IN THE FIRST MOVIE, JEWS ARE PORTRAYED AS GOBLINS AND A STAR OF DAVID IS IN THE VERY FIRST FRAME ON THE FLOOR OF THE BANK!

Fucking plebs, Slytherin is the most aesthetic and only pure bloods are allowed

See

>"Elite Daily"
heres ur u

>better human beings

XD

Sounds very scientific

Kids who read Malazan Book of the Fallen are better than Harry Potter dweebs though.

Then why do they always lose?

>kids that are exposed to SJW propaganda as kids are more likely to behave in ways SJW sociologists prefer
no shit

My kid got nightmares after reading hp. I told hom not to read that then. He agreed.

yeah, to be fair though its built up on draco being a dumb bully and hermoine busting ass in the books bc she is insecure about her halfbreedyness

Gryffindor cast plot armor

As a kid I always wanted to join Slytherin

I remember reading Stephen King's it and got to the part where he was describing the indescribable horror that was it. After about two pages of descriptions I started getting pissed because it just kept going on and on.

Like Beck, or Moby dick describing whales. At some point it stops being a horror and just turns into a dark comedy.

Especially with the kid orgy.

Yes hermoine was always OP. She should have defeated Voldemort if there was any kind of logic to those books

>most harry potter readers are most likely white kids
>harry potter readers are better human beings
Can't argue against that.

That’s “science” in the same way chocolate is healthy for you is “science”. The idea of being a better person emotionally is subjective. Physical and mental superiority is objective. Though I’m surprised mods still haven’t banned “x btfo” threads yet...

this kind of shit is everywhere, you know its in muh boooks

not their fault the author is a liberal.

Although the two most interesting characters were from house slytherin.
Snape and Malfoy, both had more complexity than the main kids. But that's not really saying much considering the series isn't really mind provoking.

Cuz he's a blonde blossoming psychopath like Draco Malfoy and couldnt handle the truth that he is a bad person.

Hermionegress a cute. A cute!

>Science can judge morality

It's apt that they're using Harry Potter as a reference, because liberals treat "science" like a magic answer-all for everything and anything these days.

Fake jew "science" people that read harry potter are deranged psycho lair who fornciate and molest children that is all

That's because Hermione did what any normal kid would do when she found out she was studying magic.
>Ima study the shit outta that.

>Bonnie RuBERG

Every. Fucking. Time.
Ahahahhahaha

Hufflepuff is for stoner faggots and retards
Griffyndor is for OC Donut Steel Mary Sues
Slytherin is for edgy nazis and rich bullies
Ravenclaw is the patrician's choice of house.

Would be an awesome fanfiction based parody sequel. Would pledge $500 to crowdfunding.

Kind of wished voldemort had more to him than a just a psychopath.

>niggers
>reading

Any article that speaks of science like an entity is fucking garbage.

Yeah, right jamal ?

Not sure if it's retarded or legit but if Sup Forums was doing magic it would probably wake up the dead.

>better human beings
Science does not have a moral capacity.

As for the current state of """science""", I recommend watching the Norwegian documentary "Hjernevask" ("Brainwash"), this Wikipedia article has links to the English-subbed publicly uploaded episodes. Highly recommended mandatory Sup Forums viewing:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hjernevask

>Science Says
Science has to prove things in a repeatable way, not just claim them.

Shut your mouth you dirty mud-blood. Slytherin is for the pure blooded, Gryfindor is for the cucks

There’s literally nothing wrong with letting a child read a children’s book. My nine year old just finished the first book, using it for her school reading assignments. She’s now reading the second book voluntarily. Do you know hot hard it is to get a kid to read these days?

Oh and she hasn’t seen any of the movies yet. Fuck the movies.

Also, Rowlings is an insufferable cunt.

BREAKING NEWS!

A cache of notes, found in a library where Rowling liked to do background reading, not only confirm that Dumbledore was intended to be gay all along, but reveal he was also a child molester, and Tom Riddle (the series villain, Voldemort) was one of his victims, while Harry Potter was another.

"Well, I always planned to reveal it eventually," Ms. Rowling responded, "So now's as good a time as any. Gay men are like that, and we should accept them. Tom Riddle became Voldemort because he couldn't accept Dumbledore's love, and since love is the best and purest thing there is, rejecting love is fundamentally evil. Harry accepted Dumbledore's love, and it made him a better person. Children need to be taught to think correctly about these things, and it was always part of my ambition to do so. The love between men and boys is real magic."

Me 2. I liked the series bc partially bc he was a decent bad guy, and when they started giving his back story I was excited. But no, just generic evil kid with troubled past

This destroys the programming
>Captcha: DRIVE Campo

Wtf...

Science engages the ultimate game of Simon Says.

>Science says that if you read our propaganda infused books like a good little goy, you are a better and more tolerant human being unlike those RAYCIS muggles. Chances are you are 100% more attractive and you'll get laid :)
>NOW EAT THE SOYIM

when you can't tell the difference between reality and fantasy. you're alright leaf.

What is wrong with Steven King? I really think he is great at conjuring 50s and 60s Americana. 90% of his characters are white. People reading his books in the future are going to see a window into a time when America was a de facto white nation and feel that same nostalgia. That's part of his real legacy.

For that matter, people reading Harry Potter are going to be enchanted by a similar sense of European-ness.

Regardless of what someones personal opinions or actions, I think people should be judged separately on their personal lives and professional careers. I'm saying, 30 years from now nobody is gonna give a FUCK what Rowling was saying on twitter, but they will likely still be reading her books.

What part specifically are you referring to? I will agree SK kinda writes too much, but he also can be legitimately creepy. but what i really like about him is his way of describing American culture and characters, but placed into extreme situations.

Psychology is not a science lol.

Anything these days can claim to be a science.

Oh look another pathetic fag who reads children's books. What do the Thomas the Tank engine books say? What about curious George?

I know you're joking but it's probably real.

Why thank you. I read Harry Potter and for a long time the films were my favourite movies. Now here I am on the Nazi part of a Chinese cartoon image board

Also fuck Jk Rowling thinking she can talk about Muslim immigration. Bitch owns 3 houses worth nearly £10million total

Science - 35 kid sample size in a study...

Whatever happened to that petition to make her take in rapefugees? Did she ever respond?

I've read and enjoyed those books as a kid
I still want mudslimes to be deported to their shitty countries or killed, whichever is cheaper

I can't read his books they are so fucking cringy, childish, american and pretentious

This is a LARP

You need to go back to plebbit faggot

harry potter was a great story written by a mediocre writer, reused phrases constantly, every book was slow to start for far too long

>nostalgia for europeaness

Problem is it's only a matter of time before JK comes out and makes it cannon that all the characters were actually brown and black and Muslims. She already did with hermoine

>tfw I was reading the Communist Manifesto and Das Capital
Perhaps if the Harry Potter books were around when I was growing up I would've turned out a better human being.

as a kid*

That's what made the 7th book seem so good, stuff actually happened throughout

They're not wrong. I grew up wanting to secure a future for my people.

Harry Potter is awesome,specially the chamber of secrets

There's a reason for that

who house /Slytherin/ here? Gas the mudbloods, wizard war now.

I read Harry Potter as a kid, but thankfully I spent much more time on the Sharpe series. Patriotism, Honour, Duty. Some true virtues in there

This
Voldemort did nothing wrong

And I'm saying no matter what she does from now on it wont matter. People are enchanted by HP (regardless of whether you think its good literature or not, IDK ive never read it) in large part because it conveys the culture of the English boarding school, European alchemy and magic, castles, etc. The original cover art also features only whites IIRC. So I'm saying regardless of her intent her work is an expression of white nationalism. Probably this is partially because when she was writing her stuff in the 90s she was mostly naive to racial issues, like almost everyone was in those days.

Explain

Wtf is this real?

This, this is what bothered me about HP. If I found out at age 10 or whatever, that literal physical world affecting magic is real AND can be learned, I'd spend every waking hour I could becoming great at practicing it. Also guns.

I miss the 90s

>Griffyndor is for OC Donut Steel Mary Sues
I don't understand a single word of that.

The wizard tournament one is best book

true

I did, and I'm not proud of it one bit.

>joking but it's probably real.
Real enough for meme magic.

It's just his writing style it gives me the impression of some geek hipster Tarantino fanboy writer. The shining was a decent book(movie was way better) but almost everything he writes has the dumbest plots ever and the writing reads like a 15 year-old startreker who thinks he's cool and edgy.

Yea that true, it was always annoying and destroyed immersion when the kids treated studying magic like studying IRL