Which is the best shounen series?

Which is the best shounen series?

I think HxH. Both very good though. Neither answer is incorrect.

Gintama

Ashita no Joe you fucking brats

I love it but Chimera Ant is better

I vote Hagaren because more simple fighting system allow focus on better story.

Reminder that Yotsuba&! is Shonen.
Reminder that NHK ni Youkoso! is Shonen.
Reminder that Azumanga Daioh is Shonen.
Reminder that To LOVE-ru Darkness is Shonen.

Reminder that the demographics are not to be used as categories.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about

NARUTO

>HxH is amazing but painfully inconsistent
>FMA is awesome but painfully generic

Gash Bell is the perfect shonen series. Great mix of action, comedy, and drama.

Recently I started watching a bit of Naruto after seeing some anons talk about it in a thread.

I like the filler backstory episodes, I thought they were pretty well done for what they were.

They kinda had an almost ghibli like tone to them.

I don't know about the rest of the anime though, and I'm way too behind to try and catch up now.

Death Note.

Right. You sure proved him wrong.

FMA really wasn't that good.

>hear HxH is finally coming off hiatus
>get hype as fuck
>chapters start coming out weekly
>extremely happy to finally read new chapters again
>goes right back onto hiatus a few chapters later

overrated shit

But part 7 isn't shonen user.

keijo is better than both

Man, I knew togashi fans like to eat shit but... really?

KEK HxHfans are the living embodiment of the sunken cost fallacy

best shounen series: keijo!!!!!!!

Yu-Gi-Oh! is the best, though.

>fma
>generic
?

>the main characters and all the friends they met along the way team up to defeat the big bad evil and everyone lives happily ever after
>?
???

I really liked Kekkaishi

Part 7 is kino

What's so good about it? I'm looking at it right now and it seems interesting. Anime or Manga? Both?

Manga for me. It's been a while since i reread it but I don't remember disliking anything really. Just good all around felt like.

It's incredibly obvious which one is the better story. But since shounentards would take a random collection of chuuni fights that end up going nowhere over a good story the answer doesn't unanimously end up being FMA.

I mean, yes? The people they met are people they teamed up with. How are they supposed to work with people they didn't meet?

Caring most about muh plot is a sign of inexperience with literature, my friend. HxH is both more ambitious thematically and more unconventional structurally; FMA is typical genre trite that the shounentards prefer.

It's the same kind of storytelling you find in Bleach and One Piece. I like FMA, but let's be real, it's generic.

>HxH is more ambitious
average beats flashy trainwreck everytime. Go rewatch Greed Island.

>rewatch

Dragon Ball Super is the best. Strongest characters, funny comedy, good art and animation, better pacing than DBZ.

>implying hxh isn't fellated mainly by shounentards

The term story encompasses a lot more than just plot and only one arc in hxh could be called thematically ambitious. On a side note, reading lots of manga doesn't make you experienced with literature.