Sol anime

>Sol anime
>recap after 4 episode

just how poor are they?

It's not money. It's a fucked up schedule.

Did anyone actually watch it? I'm morbidly curious what they even included.

Just casual talk about the four episodes, you could watch it even raw.

>just how poor are they?

>It's not money. It's a fucked up schedule.

Yep. Recaps, if it isn't used right in the middle of a multi-cour show, is almost always caused by massive production issues. Funny enough money is usually NOT the problem, because there is always money if you really need it. But what money can't truly buy is TIME. You can speed things up by hiring outsiders, but only to a minor degree. When you are so screwed that you resort to recaps, that generally meant not even more money could save them.

I went and did some digging with Actas.

From what I saw, Studio Actas had been around for a while, but 90% of their output had been helping other anime studios. Their own anime projects were few and far between. Other than Girls und Panzer you had to go back to Moe-tan, Tactical Roar (never even heard of it) and Kotetsushin Jeeg, all three are made almost ten years ago.

So GuP was their first major anime project in 9 years. And now they are working on two shows at once and failing.

I think I see the problem here. Actas is trying to join the big leagues but was ill prepared. And it is a horrible sign that they are messing up almost as badly as SHAFT, and yet doesn't have the experience to handle how to fix things.

SHAFT at least, know how to deal with delays. They turned it into an art. But Actas really does seem to be a mess.

Actas staff management is full retarded.

>Actas staff management is full retarded.
The fact is they LOST money in making Girls Und Panzer because their delays meant the costs came out of their own pockets. This is serious and does harm a studio's bottom line. When they fall behind they have to catch up with their own resources as a part of their contract obligations.

Actas better hope they get to work on the GuP OVAs, because at this point they are on thin ice. The production committee is free to go elsewhere, as long as they have the same director and script writer. GuP had been their big break and they need something to salvage their reputation.

>SHAFT at least, know how to deal with delays. They turned it into an *vector Flash animation + power point presentation
I hate to say this but, SHAFT is truly smart sly motherfucker.

>I hate to say this but, SHAFT is truly smart sly motherfucker.
The reality is SHAFT is making money. This means despite all their delays for the last decade of anime production, SHAFT appear to not have actually overspent. Somebody at the studio is keeping the budget under control. Compare that to the shocking fact that GuP was a loss to Actas, and we see the difference in experience.

SHAFT knows how to mess up but still earn a profit.

>I hate to say this but, SHAFT is truly smart sly motherfucker.
Well their FIRST major mess up was Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase. They were far less imaginative then, what they did was to have the final dramatic battle of the show done without any characters at all. All you see is the backgrounds and hear the dialogue. The characters were missing.

And to think, something similar could have happened to the final episode of Madoka, if not for the death of 15000 people from the Tsunami.

>All you see is the backgrounds and hear the dialogue. The characters were missing.
Holy shit that was from Shaft. KEK.
That scne clearly a QUALITY at its finest.

Don't forget the CGI one though.

Lel, and they fucked up with GuP too. On the plus side, Shirobako got plenty of material from them.

>Lel, and they fucked up with GuP too. On the plus side, Shirobako got plenty of material from them.
The costs to air the final two episodes months later was probably all coming straight out of Actas' pockets. Their profit margin was near nothing to begin with and that probably wiped what's left. Airing anime on TV costs money.

It is just a bad sign that they made three shows with production issues. With SHAFT it is certain they budgeted for delays, but it sounds like Actas never PLANNED to screw up, and then end up in the hole when it happens.

Is this the new WUG?

The only reason to watch this show.

Aside from the bikes, obviously.

Any fanservice to be found here?

Only in the manga.

Does actas get any money for the success of the series thou? they should just be the animation studio, they shouldn't be getting profits.

>Does actas get any money for the success of the series thou? they should just be the animation studio, they shouldn't be getting profits.
Sometimes the anime studio put in funding for the anime and thus get a share. But if they just got contracted to make an anime then they only get a fixed amount.

The issue is that the budget was only meant to cover the TV anime. The extra 2 episodes that had to have their timeslot booked are likely paid for by Actas as a part of their punishment for not finishing the show in the allocated time. And that means they spent more money than they were getting paid.

Extremely poor.