Dragon Ball Super

>retconned the potara earings to one hour for mortals

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ymAsDwnTqks
youtube.com/watch?v=CkuMKZme7Ik
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Will Toyotaro be able to fix up this mess?

how is it a retcon exactly? never stated how they defused originally AFAIK.

>atmosphere inside Buu

Cuckgito fags eternally btfo

Haahahahahahahahah

Buu's gastric juices.

it's not that bad except for the fact that Old Kai didn't know these details. That's inconsistent.

But they lasted more than one fucking hour playing with Buu.

never officially stated.

Bu's juices but I think they assumed it was because of that so they could have been wrong back then

Time it: youtube.com/watch?v=ymAsDwnTqks

Fight was much shorter in the manga than the anime.

I need more gay Zamasu

Buu was a magical creature.
His body could do strange things.

They fucking ruined one of the best characters in the franchise.

An assumption
If the DBZ anime really wanted to that could've made scenes that could've made scenes from the manga been thirty seconds but they turned into minutes (SSJ3 transformation)

>eng dub
NOPE

Everyone, Toriyama included, assumed that was the case for two fucking decades.
If this isn't a retcon then nothing is.

RIP

Is Zamasu Trump?

Zamasu isn't a winner, user.

so.... we're never seeing Ftrunks again right?

When Super 17 returns

Along with Trunks getting yet another power boost. Disappointing end to Zamasu there. I would have been more happy if it turned out Goku was making a Spirit Bomb.

This whole fusion time decrease bullshit was started by GT.
Super saiyan levels aren't supposed to affect the time. Super is taking ideas from fucking GT ffs.

Poor Little Green Boy

source

Zeno could bring him to the tournament.

DROPPED. Death to retcons.

Good riddance
They fucked the Trunks people loved
Turned his hair blue and made him into a mary sue
Had no originality because
>lol imma use muh daddy and sensei's moves
and
>I also have this sword I barely know how to use, even though I totally forgot about it near the end of the Cell Saga
I hate Super Trunks, but love DBZ and Xeno Trunks

Black will turn into SSR in the first trip most likely, the second trip after they all train will probably be the last, if Vegetto does appear in the manga then the limit most likely will stay there, Trunks needs his moment to shine...unless Toyotaro goes crazy and fuses Trunks with someone else and we get a new fusion.

>"Zamasu isn't healing, he's falling apart!"
>"he's becoming weaker and weaker
>1 hour later Vegeta & Goku split
>Zamasu is greatly weakened
>Vegeta hold Zamasu while Goku makes a genki dama
>Trunks appears, absorb Goku's genki dama and finishes Zamasu
Done. It wasn't that complicated, why did they have to do everything so wrong?

>Dragon Ball Multiverse
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Black and Zamasu fusion was a mistake, they just could keep Zamasu sealed with Mafuba while everyone going against Black.

Why didn't the Old Kai know that the rings only worked permanently on gods?

Zamasu had so many opportunities to kill off the fighters, how many times did he stab them with his energy sword but not slice them in half?

it wasn't even an hour, they said it was the blue transformation that made it last even less.

was episode 66 as good as everyone is hyping it up to be? i stopped watching around ep30

Why should he?
Supreme Kai didn't even know the earrings did anything if my memory doesn't fail me.

LMAO FK TOEI

THE PIECES OF SHIT NON CANON BULLSHIT

Let's not forget freaking Old Kaioshin fused with a mortal and is fine

Toei didn't tell him.

The Genki Dama is such a hyped up move that Goku could probably beat Zeno by absorbing the energy of hamsters.

Fuck I hate how they shoved the sword down our throats although Trunks only used it because he was a shitty fighter at the beginning of Cell saga who didn't have any skills except for turning SS. After he trained with his father and became proficient he fucking abandoned the sword rightfully since his fists are deadlier than any sword and more effecient.

I hate how Super took the perfect ending of Trunks story and just made it shitty. Trunks killed his nemesises. He killed the people that ruined his life, killed his friends and family and devastated earth. He was also completely successful in his time travel since he changed the outcome of the past.

With Future Trunks we know his timeline would be fine after he defeated Cell amd the cyborgs since Trunks was the only non retarded Dragonball character. He didn't fuck around, even in the future he will destroy all dangers of earth before they even have time to develop. He is the best suited protector of earth of the entire cast.

And not all was bad for him. Sure most of the DBZ cast died in his timeline but he still had some people left like his mother. He would manage since he was such a mature character.

Because he is wise and a kaioshin of his stature would know the details. Don't forget he is a fused half mortal fused being as well

Toei are fanfiction tier retards

Technically not a retcon but Old Kai not knowing it was complete bullshit

Yea a Frieezas 5 minute count down lasted like 10 fucking epsidoes, whats your point?

we're talking about the same guy who fused with a witch

Out of his will

It was the worst episode of the show.

MANGA IS NOT CANON I REPEAT N O N C A N O N TOYOTARO WILL FIX IT TOYOTARO FILL FIX IT

>Because he should!
You what.
He can know about the fusion from firsthand experience, same as for it being permanent.
You're assuming he gained further knowledge by someone telling him, or some record existing, or something else. "He is wise" is not a valid explanation on how someone gains knowledge.

Why won't they let Vegeta grow a new moostache? He could easily beat Goku in that area.

>Old Kai didn't know these details

think about what you just said there, genius.

What are you talking about? That started with Gotenks going SSJ3.

Imagine.

What was the point in retconning it when the Dragon Balls exist? Just giving them as excuse to unfuse them and have to really on some nonsense to win.

Please save us Toyotarou

Wise enough to know that Buu was stronger than Beerus and that the Mystic power-up would last forever?
Face it, Old Kai has been dribbling bullshit since day one.
Hell, regular Supreme Kai didn't know shit either.

> time decrease
Gotenks lasted for the full 30 minutes.

>two things added by super
nice argument

Hey guys he is just wrong!

Even though he fused with a mortal himself!

How to fix the ending:
>Retconning potara fusion was right and necessary for the plot. So I would leave that.
>Make Vegito vs. Zamasu fight last longer, at least until half of episode 67.
>Make a character say that one hour have passed so the defusion makes sense.
>Goku and Vegeta try to face Zamasu but they lose and end up almost dead.
>After fighting Vegito and Goku and Vegeta, Zamasu is noticeable tired.
>Trunks receives the broken sword and realizes he is the only hope to defeat Zamasu.
>Inspired by everyone Trunks finally becomes SSB and go to fight a tired Zamasu.
>Trunks puts a fight but even then he is about to lose.
>Suddendly he and Zamasu notice a light in the sky.
>With his last strengths Goku was making a spirit bomb while Trunks was fighting.
>Everyone gives his enegy to the spirit bomb.
>Too beaten up to fight, Goku gives the spirit bomb to Trunks.
>Trunks defeats Zamasu with the sword infused with the spirit bomb energy.

Eh, I just checked and you are indeed correct. It's SSJ3 that only lasts for a short while, they only defused after the 30 minutes were over.

I felt Trunks should have always used the sword. Sets him apart and their should always been more weapon users. Just flat out say that ki can be transferred to weapons being held.
Also Trunks didn't kill his nemesis, that was Gohan, Trunks killed a enemy who had never met him before. Although he killed the androids in a rather anticlimactic fashion though that probably suited them.

You fucks complain about everything. At least we got to SEE Vegito. Who gives a fuck if he was defused after a little bit?

this
making him a mary sue who learns new techniques on a whim and gains power ups randomly was awful, not to mention the shitty hair

>>>Retconning potara fusion was right and necessary for the plot. So I would leave that.
Stopped reading here.

this is true
he used to be so cool. just sad.

I'd rather not see a character than see a character ruined
example: Future Trunks

How can you love Xeno Trunks? He constantly fails at his job and is completely useless. He lost his fucking body to Ginyu, and he knows Ginyu's abilities at that point. He is even worse than in super.

so let me see if I get this straight

you guys favor the explanation that potara is permanent for everyone, and Vegito was only unfused because of Buu's gastric juices

when this doesn't make sense for a variety of reasons:

1) Super Buu devoured and ended up taking on the appearance of Gotenks, complete with aspects that came from their fusion design. However, if his guts have some sort of anti-magic fusion gas inside of it, why would he look like GOTENKS and not Goten and Trunks' outfits combined? Goten and Trunks are shown separated later, compounding the plothole.

2) secondly, Fat Buu is effectively a fusion of the original Majin Buu and the Kai he devoured. He should have caused them to separate into separate beings again.

3) Why do these special gasses not hurt HIMSELF, since they aren't truly "eaten", but rather stored inside of his body, effectively making Super Buu HIMSELF a Fusion

Honestly, the Super retcon FIXES these problems and works with the story better, AND makes Vegito easier to use in the future if they so desire

This shit is actually a GOOD thing

Toei is copying ideas from GT and the movies.
This is just sad,

A sword is just retarded though in DBZ since as long as the opponent is stronger than you there is literally no use to it since there won't be any cutting damage and it can be broken easily.

Your whole point 1 is non sense since Vegetto put up a Ki barrier to NOT GET ABSORBED

Gotenks got absorbed properly

What is Beerus thinking?
>inb4 I need some KitKat

ZAMASU

>AND makes Vegito easier to use in the future if they so desire
so he can become a shit-tier mockery of his former self like everyone else in this dumpster fire of an anime

so then how did a kai fusion with a mortal, and still be fused?

The movies and GT DID have good ideas. They just handled them as poorly as they possibly could.

>tfw SUPER is worse the GT

So can we stop talking about Trunks for a minute and talk about how Goku Stu managed to kamahemaha stronger than both Vegeta (Who was stated to have surpassed him) and Trunks, and not only that but did a kaoi-ken bitchslap?

>some poor new trainee is going to have to deal with this

>AND makes Vegito easier to use in the future if they so desire
He only lasts for 5 minutes. There's no use for him now unless you want to set up a Mary Sue.

Toei saw the zamasu wojack crying macros

>makes Vegito easier to use
There is no reason to use him anymore. Blue drains the amount of time he can last and he will just waste that time anyway.

DELETE THIS

Admit it, you'd take me over Super.

This, the time limit is probably a thing now. It's a very Toriyama thing to do, i doubt the surprise spirit bomb will be in the manga though, Trunks will either just win by stealth attacking Zamasu or by turning Blue. Which is what i thought was happening in this episode.

And fusion Zamasu probably wont get bighuge, hopefully he also wont turn half purple. Hopefully.

he thought he won at first, then dissaster is inevitable

youtube.com/watch?v=CkuMKZme7Ik

Fusion was a mistake.

>Do away with best boy Goku Black for shit tier Zamasu
>Retcon potaru fusion
>Make Trunks beat Zamasu in the most retarded possible way
I know this is a kids' show and that Toriyama doesn't give a flying fuck any more, but for fucks sake, trying hiring a better writer.

I don't think it was that unreasonable.
Vegeta pretty much stopped using Galick Gun after he developed Final Flash.
I guess it does a poor job scaling with the user's power.

Toyotarou will just give Trunks SSG ritual

I think Vegetto is probably Toei original as well

well both point 2 and 3 are bullshit because you're assuming Buu is a fusion, which he isn't

Powers that run on time are always handled so poorly in anime, it's not even funny anymore. 30 seconds became 5 minutes, 5 minutes become 5 episodes, one hours becomes 5 minutes.

It's just retarded.

>Trump
>Disaster
Nigga what?

god witch you mean

So stating that a potra fusion goes away after an hour is ruining the entire character? really?

Ok I was a tiny bit hyped for this one, but what the fuck happened with Trunks getting energy from minna?
Some sort of genkidama? But people have to want to give their energy for genkidama, no?