Why does Sup Forums hate streaming anime?

Why does Sup Forums hate streaming anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XDCC
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because most are stuck-in-their-ways autists

I can't speak for Sup Forums, I'm just a visitor from Sup Forums, but I always torrent my anime. Not sure why, but I've always hated steaming shows or movies. Although I have been using Netflix to watch The Next Generation recently

streaming = worse quality

>I can't speak for Sup Forums
Then shut up, faggot

But doesn't it take longer to download an episode?

Sup Forums-sama, stop being so mean!

Board culture, need to feel better than others in some way. Usual elitism that every board expresses in some way.
That's not to say that streaming wouldn't be inferior though, because it is. But at least it isn't as horrible as it was in the past.

You have to go back, Sup Forumsermin!

For me a 500mb 1080p episode takes like 10 minutes to download, as long I have the first episode of a series downloaded, I can download the second and third while I watch. It continues like that until they're all downloaded really. I also like to add my shows into a massive playlist so it's right onto the next once I'm done with an episode or series. I keep my shows in folders too, one for ones I've seen and one for ones I haven't.

Ignore the top screen in the screencap, it's my TV and I only use it for watching anime in bed. It's 1am, I'd usually be in bed watching stuff, but tonight I decided I'd just sit at my desk and watch some.

b-but Sup Forums-sama, I watch anime too! I just don't browse often because of your tsundere nature!

For the same bitrate? No.

Your choices are low quality but fast and a little bit slower but high quality. I don't understand how this is a question? Don't bring up CrunchyRoll being HD or some shit, anyone with eyes can tell the difference. Otherwise you're just talking shit.

I would make an argument about how a lot of streamed anime are liable to being taken down for whatever reasons. But seasonalfags would undoubtedly just say
>rewatching anime

Basically, I download because it's just the better alternative for me. Most of old Sup Forums and even some neo-Sup Forums would agree with me.

There are more newfags than there are people who prefer old Sup Forums. Self policing doesn't work anymore because the policers don't represent the will of the majority anymore.

Long tangent done, what made Sup Forums great is dead, but every other alternative is full of thin skinned faggots.

How fool proof is torenting anime? Is it less likely to get caught? I'm a retard with this topic so I do apologize in advance.

I guess it's mostly a vocal minority that care about that.

Any debate is pointless anyway, just watch anime the way it suits you.

Depends on your internet provider and where you live.

Good rule of thumb is to not seed much, if at all, if you wanna stay on the down low.

Selfish leech.

Lurk two more years if you don't know.

>he doesn't watch anime by sneaking into studio's and stealing copies of the show.

It's the government's fault for not allowing torrents. I'd seed if I didn't need to risk anything.

Because streaming looks like fucking dogshit compared to playing a file on a good setup.

Because shit quality and it's a sign you're a filthy underage casual faggot who enjoys eating shit because his daddy won't let him store anime on his computer. This is similar to why dubfags are also looked down on.

rude

If you post a low quality image of course people are going to criticize you. Doesn't take a genius to work this out. Also streaming is an objectively inferior way to consume anime, get over it.

I've torrented shows and games for years without consequence, all of my friends do it too, even while staying at university campuses. Whenever I'm around at my parent's place they get me to download shows and movies for them, or at least they did until Netflix became a thing. Nobody goes after torrent users, just the sites that upload them. Kickass Torrents went down earlier this year and ThePirateBay is constantly under attack. They realize that attacking the users will never work, they don't even have a reliable method of doing it. If they did, they'd be tasked with charging someone in nearly every household with how common torrenting is.

Then again, if you're in the states I've heard stories of ISPs fucking with people. They'll only get pissy if you seed too much, I've only heard of people getting warnings from their ISPs. The people with warnings generally just switch provider to someone who doesn't give a fuck. Ask your friends who they're using, I'm sure most of them torrent shit if they don't have an issue with that provider then you won't either.

Best site for anime? www.nyaa.se/
I'm not sure what the "in" bittorrent client is right now, but I use a really old version of utorrent. It's rather funny, when I wiped my hard drives and reinstalled windows, I of course lost my Utorrent application. I downloaded the latest one and it was riddled with adds. I then proceeded to torrent an older version and installing that instead.

I stream both CR and funi to my 60" TV at 1080 and it looks great

It works for me and I'm not ashamed

I guess you're further away when watching something on a TV compared to being up close to your monitor.

Jesus, nice assumptions. Why if I just don't have the memory to download episodes?

If you are part of the swarm you are a part of the swarm, they don't give a shit if you are a seeder or a leech.

ive gotten letters for torrenting tv shows

i havent gotten one for anime (yet)

>Nobody goes after torrent users
It does happen but only with copyrighted stuff that is actively monitored and enforced.
Nobody cares about your tibetan tapestries but torrent and seed something that is domestic and protected and uh-oh, you just might get a notice from a law firm.
Has happened in my home country.

What kind of absolute shithole do you live in that you don't have enough bandwidth to download anime and instead need to stream at 240p?

What did the letters say?
>letter(s)
Don't they fine you when you repeatedly do it after they send mail?

The only reason I stream my shit is because my internet is shit. And its the only isp in my area.
Gonna have to wait 6 more months to get better internet anyway.

The memory? Like hard drive space?
You're not doing it right if you don't have three hard drives, each 2TB. (C:) drive for randoms files/programs/windows ect. (D:) Drive for video games and (E:) drive for anime.

HDDs are super cheap fampai

How shitty is my connection?

On public trackers who cares

Average/10

Australia.

it has killed fansubs

Jelly. I'm stuck with 8mbps for the next 2 years.

I used to torrent everything but I've grown out of it. Seriously if you have a nice TV and a decent connection streaming looks fine, that's what I do for the seasonal anime.

And I don't care much about the subs, I know enough japanese to correct mentally if the subs aren't spot on.

And later you download the BDrip of your favorite shows when they come out (or buy the BD if you have the funds).

Also if your anime is ugly (Berserk) it might actually look better in 240p.

Where do you live?
Mine is good for New Zealand speeds.

What the fuck? Why?

Nobody cares really, since 99% of us all use horriblesubs-torrents that are in most cases rips from Crunchyroll or Funimation (or Crunchymation/Funiroll) anyway, and we post screenshots made from those torrents, and discuss shit just fine.

I don't. Plex via home gigabit ethernet counts as streaming, right?

With how fast the average speed everyone is getting these days, the whole >streaming thing is irrelevant. You can even go about posting frame by frame HQ stream and no one would know the difference. Torrents still need seeds though so

""Developing country"" that can't be assed to pull fibre to my area. I'd move out but too much stuff and real estate to take care off here.

Forgot to mention our ISP is a government run monopolizing shills so no other alternatives. Fuck TMNET.

>TMNET
Teenage Mutant Ninja (E) Turtles, huh?

Why not?

I live in Massachusetts, usa.

Why does the internet around Australia still suck so much ass? Even nogs here in Detroit have better speeds than that

OTP

Streaming is fine, but I hate dorks that refuse to use anything other than low quality streams full of ads and watermarks just because it werks.
Dorks that go out of their ways to post screenshots of said LQ streams on my chans.

That's a good download speed, not sure why it's so bad over here but I'm moving to Norway soon so it doesn't matter anyway. What's with your ping user? How does that effect online games, if you play them? Overwatch for example, I'm not always the quickest to load into the game compared to my friends, but I've never once disconnected with well over 200 hours. They're always disconnecting and costing us matches.

Sometimes I forgot if I'm on Sup Forums or Sup Forums because I have them both set to use the tomorrow theme

Also a general question. How do I go about moving my computer gear to Norway? Do I sell it and rebuy it when I'm there, or do I find a way to transport it over? I've never moved country before.

/thread

> 99% of us all use

99% of YOU all, 99% of YOU all

It's pretty foolproof.. no one seems to police nyaa, TT and bakabt. If you torrent stuff from like piratebay, then you might run into problems, but even then mostly things like real tv shows are the only thing that get policed.

My friend in college got a warning from our ISP cause I torrented a GoT episode off piratebay. After that I used streaming sites like couchtuner (for real tv shows) and tend to just download them with ant video downloader and that seems to be okay, no problems in the years since.

>Do I sell it and rebuy it when I'm there, or do I find a way to transport it over?
Depends how much the shipping costs.
Selling it and rebuying it is extremely inneficient thought and I wouldn't recommend it. I suppose you could do it if your PC is old and you want to upgrade soon but otherwise just ship it but make sure to wrap it up correctly (dissasemble PC, put parts into boxes, etc) and get shipping insurance if you're really worried.

What is xdcc/DDL?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XDCC
DDL is just direct download.

Thank you!

Why streaming is inferior:

1. Generally, less control over quality. That's changing with HD, but everything you can get HQ in stream, you can get off a torrent
2. Ads, javascript, and other bandwidth wasting visual bullshit
3. Less control over when, where you want to watch shows, due to internet connection.

Streaming is, for all intents and purposes, inferior to downloading a softcopy of something to your computer. Companies figured out that once a softcopy is distributed, it goes everywhere and they lose money.

This is why torrent crackdowns are still happening in spite of streaming more or less taking its place for casuals. Companies still recognize it as a huge threat to their revenue streams.

> XD
You can't even use an emoticon properly.

I just don't know how to torrent

Download utorrent
Go to www.nyaa.se/
Search an anime
Click the green arrow in the DL column
Run the .torrent file with utorrent
Choose a place to save it to
Wait for it to download
gg

It's okay user, I wasn't quite sure how the first time either

Torrent is safe, and you're just downloading anime.

Streaming was pretty much dogshit even 2 years ago. It's comparable to DL now but some anons are just stuck in their ways

How dare you try to be nice to me you weeaboo scum?

I like to have as good quality as possible so bluray rips are nice. Though if you're watching seasonal on CR it's not like torrents are going to be much better. But I also had the issue of the internet cutting out often last year and this would interrupt viewing while streaming so it's nice not having to rely on stable internet.

Also choice of subs. Streaming on Netflix would be great if they would sort out their sub timing.

I have found that for a couple of shows you have no choice but to stream since the torrents have no seeds or will take weeks to dl.

I miss the fansub days, as they actually put in more effort into their translations.

it wasn't going to be forever

I honestly never cared for the quality of subs, I half assed learning japanese so its just a situation where subs just help fill in the missing gaps of what I understand.

True, plus on the negative side, you had to wait 1-2 days with fansubs, unlike now where we get subs about 1-2 hours after its been aired in Japan.

>I honestly never cared for the quality of subs.

Back when I first started watching anime especially, I really liked how some fansubs would explain the meaning behind Japanese puns, as they confused the hell outta me.

>unlike now where we get subs about 1-2 hours after its been aired in Japan.
i work now so thats kind of pointless for me since just watch everything on the weekends.

I used to only ever download when stream quality used to be absolute shit. But now that the quality is mostly negligible, i just stream ongoing shows now and don't give a fuck what Sup Forums parrots on about streaming. i'll still only ever download completed series though.

>Sup Forums is one person

Streaming got a bad rap because of the rocky start, the websites that did it didn't have enough broadband, local datacenters to provide high quality videos in a timely fashion. I hear that things improved a lot recently, but I still wont pay for it because of "This series is not licensed in your country." bullshit.

I don't know where you watch but the audio and visual quality is great for me.

I can also turn off ads with ad blocker.

I don't know what where the hell you go with a maximum viewing time.

I can easily find old releases.

and the rest are inconsequential.

Sup Forums and torrentfags in general just want a way to seem superior cause they can't find a decent streaming site.

I watch all my new anime on Animeshow.tv and they have it in HD, if I wanna watch old shit in decent quality then I go on Ryu anime of Gogoanime.

> a decent streaming site

You are so delusional you can't realize it.

It's easier to take screencaps if you download your anime rather than stream it. Streaming also produces artifacts, which can be annoying.

I'd consider HD more than decent.

it use to be because streaming quality was garbage but at this point its becoming an old way of thinking with all the hd streaming sites

> It says "HD", it must be good!
I bet all TV salesmen love you.

No, it has somethig to do with a image of an average clueless Joe treating all the media, including anime, as entertainment, who is very likely to be unable to have any kind of interesting opinion, independent thought, or individual taste.

If you never tried torrenting, use deluge. It allows you to block any seeding very easily, utorrent can't be fully blocked or i am just retarded

>anime
>not entertainment

You could just close it.

> life
> not a steady road to success

> i am just retarded
Yes, you are. No one is going to be bothered to calculate the amount of data you share if most, if not all, peers on most, if not all, copyrighted content torrents are offenders. Bittorrent is a public protocol, and your IP address is known to every peer on your every active torrent.

Used to be because streaming was significantly worse quality. Kind of irrelevant now that everyone just watches horriblesubs.

Literally memes, streaming was bad on 2008, but not anymore, now there's absolutely no reason to not use it, well, except memes.
>watching horriblesubs is acceptable
>streaming is not
The memes man, the memes.

>low quality

I think it's just vocal autists, whenever one of these threads are created the same pictures that act as their "proof" are spammed so basically this >TNG
good taste

Grandpa, streaming now have a check on all of those boxes, with the exception of the subtitles, if that is even that important, in a matter of fact, now is more easy to find old releases on streaming than torrent.

>not watching anime on a 4k monitor on your rooftop courtyard

I have no problems torrenting anime/movies (anime and not anime)/games at all. I live in Japan and I heard some people had gotten fines due to pirating stuff. My ISP is softbank so they probably don't give a fuck.

It's just what you used to, really.

>he watches anime through some chink 3rd party hosting site that still uses YT shitty compression algorithm
>he enjoys packet loss while buffering
>he doesn't watch anime on a 10bit screen @144hz
La fucking mao

>I don't know where you watch but the audio and visual quality is great for me.
Because you're a shiteater.
This board is not for for you. Now fuck off

>all the hd streaming sites
There is no "HD" streaming.
Streaming quality is terrible regardless, no matter the resolution.
If you think that having HD written next to your stream means it's anything like downloading anime you are delusional and do not belong here.

It probably looks good on a 1024x768 monitor right?