Did Sup Forums enjoy One Punch Man?

Did Sup Forums enjoy One Punch Man?

Other urls found in this thread:

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Anime
twitter.com/tonarinoyj/status/797038334736375809
gamenguide.com/articles/66499/20161112/one-punch-man-season-2-air-date-news-update-saitama-possessed-by-revenge-hidden-story-arc-revealed-saitamas-family-annihilated.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no

no

Biggest meme show ever

no

Yes, pretty entertaining imo

not especially

it always felt like it'd be a lot more interesting if literally anyone other than saitama and genos were main characters

like there were 4 or 5 infinitely more interesting shows trapped inside of it or something

I'm liking Mob Psycho 100 and was considering watching One Punch Man.

That's the joke though. Everybody else is a parody of Anime tropes that think they are the strongest or the edgiest or the smartest and yet Saitama, a boring guy with boring backstory with a boring training and reason to fight, come, punch once, and it's done.

It's a great parody of the anime genre. It would be pretty boring if it was about the generic anime guys who seem they are from Bleach.

Highly recommended. Literally just finished the season 1 15 min ago and it was great. If you want a comedy anime making fun of Shonens, it's perfect.

Murata chapter when

Is it a meme show because people like to talk about it, or are you talking about the tropes?

OPMfags like to throw around parody excuse when someone criticize their shitshow.
An example of parody would be Gintama and it's miles better than OPM.

>meme (noun) - something that I don't like

Parody can be subtle and not hyper obvious.

Although a crab guy in boxers is pretty obvious.

Just because it has normal anime characters in the background, does not mean it's not a comedy/parody.

All the tropes are in One Punch Man.

Which is pretty weird because Sup Forums is built on memes.

Parody means blatantly copying other popular shit. OPM doesn't do that. It's not a parody. The closes thing it parodied was Baikinman and Anpanman but that's when it was supposed to be a one chapter deal.

par·o·dy
ˈperədē/
noun
an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.
"the movie is a parody of the horror genre"

You have a ton of characters who are carbon copies of other characters from other shows.

Parody does not have to be Blatant and say "Oh! This is obviously DBZ!" It can also mean that you parody the genre as a whole.

If you open Tropes : Anime, and just read down the list, you would find most of it in One Punch Man. The show make fun of those tropes.

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Anime

>unironically linking to tvtropes
OPMfags, everyone

You're either stupid or just being willfully ignorant if you don't recognize OPM as a parody of shonen battle manga, and a good one at that. Realistically it should just go ahead and end after Boros, it's made it's point and well.

You're actually retarded. That means all shows are parody because they uses tropes and sometimes make fun of it.

>Parody means blatantly copying other popular shit.

this is the audience that grew up with shit like "scary movie" and "disaster movie". They don't even know what parody means anymore.

It's pretty average but fun so I enjoyed it. But it became popular so I hate it now.

It is the runner up AOTY for 2015. Hibike taking the prize obviously.

At this pace, they're going back to back AOTY.

Except that the goal of OPM is to make fun of them. The point of Bleach is not to make fun of shonens. OPM is.

Having an ultra edgy ninja who cant stop smiling.
Having a gay guy who get naked to fight.
Loli psychic
Old Martial Art Master
Generic Swordman guy
Those are tropes that OPM make FUN of.

It is fun and it is stupid not to enjoy it just because it suddenly became popular.

When it comes to Sup Forums, a necessary condition for good shows is that they elicit conversation and controversy. All terrible shows fall to the wayside, as their fans get ostracized, and the trolls no longer get reactions. Good series maintain a dedicated fanbase that trolls can continually provoke.

Look at the latest adaptation of berserk; The anime finished two months ago, and there are very few threads dedicated to it.

OPM, even a year after the anime released, still turns out daily popular threads. It's a definite must see.

nice generalization.
You could do that to all other series out there and you wouldn't call them a parody.

OPM is a parody because it make fun of it.

The edgy assassin who was never defeated try to go hyper edgy and OPM just does not even blink an eye and defeat him.

He's the anti trope. He's a literal nobody who has the equivalent of the powers of a god and simply want to have fun and not kill everything with a single punch. Every other characters around him is a trope of a serious anime, but he just destroy them one after another. Without any climax or efforts.
The only "real" fights are where he's not there. Half the anime is about how he's not a true hero because obviously a low rank like him could not actually beat a monster with one punch.

I think you dont understand the point of the show. You literally have all the tropes in a giant basket, and then you put an anti trope in the middle and see the reactions. The other characters think they are in a "real" shonen and try to be intense and have a backstory with a lot of dialogues that would take 3 episodes. OPM just dont care about the backstory. He cut short any attempt at being "intense" or any potential climax. Several time in OPM, guys go on and on trying to tell their tragic backstory and he just tell them to shut up.

That's Sup Forums for you. If something is popular, it must be bad.

3/4 of Sup Forums is made of teenagers who want to be edgy and hipsters. The worst thing that could happen to them if their mom started to like what they like.

Of course, until it became mainstream and hella popular. After that Sup Forums "Went ah hell naw senpai get that mainstream shit outta here step up with some truly obscure shit then we can shit post happily."

So Re:Zero > OPM

I just don't understand how someone posting on Sup Forums's anime boards of all places could take One Punch Man at face value, like, it's pretty dry in the actual execution of it's parody and deals in some shit western audiences might no be as familiar with (mumen rider etc.) so I can see the toonami audience maybe taking it straight, but if you're here, posting on this board I feel like that predicates enough awareness of the medium to recognize OPM as a parody, whether you actually enjoy it or not.

I hope you can AT LEAST admit that it's a comedy show first and foremost.

>Comparing Gintama to One Punch Man

That was your first mistake user

Maybe it's because the other characters act like actual Shonen characters? Like, you could take any other character and place it in any other shonen and it would fit in really easily. Hell, you could probably take the whole cast and dump in on One Piece and it would fit without any problem.

It's like sarcasm, if it's not overly obvious, then people just assume it's not.

15th
source: twitter.com/tonarinoyj/status/797038334736375809

Yes. Amazing animation, good characters, some emotional moments (while still staying lighthearted and fun) and great enemies.

Mob Psycho is better

Well you can enjoy two things even if something is better than the other no?

Like, I prefer chocolate to vanilla, but Vanilla is also pretty great.

The question is not "Is OPM the best anime of his genre?"

Yes, and so did everyone else while it was airing, I remember the threads.

Yes, Sup Forums enjoyed One Punch Man.

I'm kinda hoping a season 2, I know there is some talk about it. I heard it might be a season that focus on the past more than anything else?

thanks, user

It was fun to watch

The second season was announced, you know?

>gamenguide.com/articles/66499/20161112/one-punch-man-season-2-air-date-news-update-saitama-possessed-by-revenge-hidden-story-arc-revealed-saitamas-family-annihilated.htm

Nice, we dont know a date yet, right?

First of all, why do you keep making shit threads like this, you don't want an answer you just want a reaction. I hope you get banned again
Second of all stop trolling, you know damn well that information from bitbag is wrong if you lurk on the site. If you want to know what's going to happen read the manga or webcomic otherwise fuck off
sage

Im not quite sure if it is official or not.

>keep
It's the first time I came on Sup Forums in like... 2 years?
I watched OPM and I wanted to talk about it?
I think you confuse me for somebody else.

>stop trolling
Saying that you want a second season of an anime you finished to watch one hour ago is trolling?

>announcing sage

> same pic and same text every time
> I swear it wasn't me

step up your game and find a new pic and come up with a new bait

>tells someone he wants them banned
>announced sage

Can you show me a screencap of that? Or an archived post?

Because I didnt post on Sup Forums in the last 2 years.

And how is it bait? Most of the thread is people saying they like the anime and enjoyed it.

A couple of episodes were pretty fun

Then I read the manga and jesus, season 2 is going to be crap, what a stupid and boring mess.

It's entertaining, always nice to watch a show where the MC BTFO's everyone

Needed more tatsumaki

It was okay, i liked Mob Psycho 100 better though.

The guy knows how to write action, but every now and then at a lot of resolution of arcs his shows feel somewhat preachy, for the lack of a better word.

One day I'm gonna read that piece of shit just for her.

Half of the catalog was OPM threads when it was airing
So yes

see
>(...) otherwise fuck off
>sage

>sage

Fuck off.
noko

I did, Sup Forums didnt

Translation project for it has been dead for a while though :(

You know what, I apologize. There's this autist who makes threads like these then self-shitposts them claiming ignorance. Your comment is so much like what he does that I assumed it was you
This current arc couldn't be more straightforward how you find it a mess is beyond me
>every now and then at a lot of resolution of arcs his shows feel somewhat preachy
Examples, cause right now I believe you're full of shit

Just learn the fucking moonrunes, dude.

I'm just sad no one realized the weaker Saitama is the stronger his role is.
>"Parody" of the super hero genre.

It's popular, so no

>Implying Sup Forums enjoys any show.

Anyways, as a personal taste I enjoyed it. Especially since it was at least something new to me (somewhat). Can't stand the community though, bunch of normies who are mad at Zfags who constantly berate them.

I enjoyed it, good op, fun action and some decent comedy. Not much in the way of a deep plot tho

It was boring. A waste of some truly remarkable monster designs on a trite and stale joke...

I really hope the manga will end without him having to ever fight anybody seriously to keep all you faggots mad.

Well he did encounter something that took 2 punches.

It was an enjoyable change of pace

I found the humor and writing pretty meh but the animation was great.

This will probably cause a shitstorm towards me, but what do people think about DBZ in comparison with OPM?
I understand that they are very different shows, but i think it could be an interesting discussion nonetheless.

I want to impregnate Sonic.

Yes, that's why all of Weird Al's song parodies are actually just the original song.

Its a good show to watch with normie friends but its not rewatchable. Not really, only ep I enjoyed was the road to hero special

Dewit. Both are pretty great and will get miles better in their respective second season.

I think he's talking about the end of the 7th Branch arc in Mob where Best Man talks down the Scar members into submission and/or the Meteor episodes where Saitama defends himself who accused him of fucking up. I wouldn't really call it preachy tho.

DB and OPM are very similar.

The difference is that DB's humour and gags are far more "below surface" than OPM.

DB is something like Planes, Trains and Automobiles - appears as a normal story but it carries lots of jokes. OPM is more like Airplane! or National Lampoon. It's pretty clear that it's joking, and it wears it's parodies on its sleeve.

To this day, I'm still meeting DB fans that don't know Goku is a carrot, and Vegeta is a vegetable.

yes i did enjoy the animation and ost altho the jokes and the characters weren't that good