2016 Academy Award, Best Animated Feature

oscars.org/news/27-animated-features-submitted-2016-oscarr-race

27 movies have been submitted for considering. They include the following animes.

Miss Hokusai
Your Name

plus the Ghibli co-production "The Red Turtle".

Along with the obligatory LA release, Funimation will distribute "Your Name" nationwide next year. I hope to catch it then, along with "The Red Turtle". I've already seen "Miss Hokusai" and I do think it's worth nominating.

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

For the heck of it, I listed all animated features that got first time US theatrical releases other than this submission list. Those include the animes:

GKIDS MOVIES

Only Yesterday

FUNIMATION MOVIES

Psycho-Pass: the Movie
Project Itoh: The Empire of Corpses
Project Itoh: Harmony

(Note that "The Boy and the Beast" was actually submitted for the 2015 Oscar, while getting a nationwide distribution in 2016.)

ANIPLEX MOVIES

Kizumonogatari Part 1: Tekketsu
Kizumonogatari Part 2: Nekketsu
Dou-Kyu-Sei

ELEVEN ARTS MOVIES

Digimon Adventures Tri: Part 1, Reunion
Girls Und Panzer: der Film

OTHER

Yo-Kai Watch: the Movie

"Only Yesterday" of course is a decades old movie that's been shown in subbed form on US TV (TCM) but got an English dub theatrically released just this year. "Yo-Kai Watch" is in a similar boat in that it originally came out in Japan in 2014, more than a year ago. I think the time cutoff is 70 minutes, and so all three Aniplex movies are too short. But I wonder if the three Funimation movies and the two Eleven Arts movies could've qualified if they had given the movies the week long LA run.

Since Pixar isn't in the race it's going to be the Disney movie. Like all the other years.

>STFU fuccin' dweeb weebs,
Stop writing like a retard.

I just realized how backward I am with murrican blockbuster animated movies, last Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks ones I watched were Frozen, Brave and Turbo. Did I miss any good?

>animes

Zootopia was okay, other than that you really didn't miss on anything of note.

Lol.

>Only Yesterday
Tbh should be nominated, and should win. But it won't.

Kyoanus will never recover.

Honestly who cares what they think, the oscars has given best picture to the wrong film about as often as they get it right. They can barely judge live action films in their native language let alone animu.

It not even on the submission list. Probably has something to do with it being 24 years old.

Obvious winners will be Moana or Finding Dory. Screencap this.

>phoneposters
>Lol

Reminder the awards are worthless

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

this

Is this the second time Miss Hokusai has been submitted for nomination?

holy shit

I want to post-ironicaly die now.

shinkai and yamada meme thread?

>film awards
>not liking obscure shit that nobody saw

Hahahahaha

>animes

Yeah, they will never give a prize to some weeb stuff.