Why is Rem so popular amongst the female demographics? Half of Rem's fanbase seem to be women

Why is Rem so popular amongst the female demographics? Half of Rem's fanbase seem to be women.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/O6jdKsysrGM?t=1m38s
psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-consumericus/201109/do-women-have-fireman-fantasy
lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/
youtube.com/watch?v=m-ET8BGp87o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Role model on how to be the perfect woman

Women tend to have better taste than men

Same reason she's popular with men: she's cute and lovable.

I want her to lick my cooch and eat my poop if you know what I mean.

She's cute and she has an emotional link to the MC. None of the other characters are that emotionally involved with him so it's only natural that women, as emotional creatures, would prefer Rem.

She's the best girl.

Half of all humans are female.

not strictly

>Half of Rem's fanbase seem to be women.
>mfw I know this for a fact
Maybe she's just the best girl?

She assists and sacrifices for the person she loves. Despite the cynical rhetoric that gets pushed around, people generally love that and is why it's prolific in both fiction aimed at males and females.

She's strong and capable with a good heart, the fact that she stil keeps on helping the mc after he says he loves someone else is admirable. She sacrifices her own happiness so the one she loves can be happy.

So...she's a cuck?

Females without a doubt have the shittiest tastes known to man

If it means not acting like a spiteful baby because someone doesn't put out for you. That's the Sup Forums way of looking at it.

she's a shameless slut
+girls want to be sluts
=popularity

>she sacrifices her own happiness so the one she loves can be happy

Kinda like when a man lets someone with a bigger dick fuck his wife,right?

Shut up, this doesn't belong here.

It's because they have shit taste! SHIIIIIT!

No because they're not married. It's honestly creepy and pathetic you think being attracted to someone means they belong to you, but it's not surprising coming from a site of clingy beta males rejected by women.

which half of the body?

But that's how they already are.

That has to be a coincidence. I think she's literally perfect and I happen to be a woman too but I mean, a lot of men have to like her too. I don't think a lot of people like characters like Emilia. Even Ferris would get more male fans than her.

Almost half the Earth's population is women.

Rem is love, Rem is life.

He actually does

What do you think of her falling in love with someone as autistic as Subaru?

/girlspeaking here. I like her cause she's both psychopathic (in the "I would kill for you" way rather than the "I would suck your dick then bite it off" way) and absolutely gentle and sweet. Plus she's got pretty good humor.

I love Emilia

White Fox took out so much of her character and moments. In the source rather than be the perfect wife, she was the perfect wife for Subaru. She was not that accepting of Subaru's actions, rather she was the hardest on him and he appreciated that. She still kept the subtle bullying aspect as well. They even took out the moment where Subaru confesses he loves her (after they beat the whale she was supposed to have feigned a fatal injury, and she managed to pry out a confession. It was said that the confession came from Subaru's soul and he did honestly feel that way about her.), even adding that in the face of her devotion there was no way he couldn't feel anything.

That sounds even better.

Actual answer: she is (at times) CURAZY, and women, especially teenagers love that shit.
Also why girls like yandere or lolsorandumb female characters.

Would you kill with me user

Uuuh... and what is that supposed to tell us, genius?

Was this the result of a shitty voice actor that doesn't know how to act or was she instructed to laugh like this in purpose?

Has there ever been a CRINGIER laugh in the history of anime?

I hpe it is supposed to mean that women likes to fight.

I find it odd that women like Rem considering that she is basically designed to be the MC's perfect waifu.

The way she falls in love with Subaru is hilariously unrealistic, especially considering that Subaru is unattractive and autistic.

Meanwhile, Subaru is sitll in love with Emilia, so Rem is practically setting herself up to be NTRed considering that she's not assertive enough to make Subaru fall in love with her instead.

Like, do women really like picturing themselves in Rem's shoes where the man they love is :

>unattractive
>autistic
>can't protect you
>only reliable when he has died multiple times from time loops
>madly in love with another girl who is a perfect princess

but Rem feel in love with subaru because he protected her, or at least put his life on the line to do it
that's not really unrealistic, or maybe it is not like I know about cases like that but it's not that weird

Wait I dropped this around episode 8 because the mansion was fucking endless 8 tier.

She stops being a psychopath and falls for MC?

Yes and no. Thanks to time loops, the version of her that falls for MC was one that didn't actively try to kill him in the first place

Men like her, so they pretend to like her too for internet attention... Either that or they too honestly know she's Best Girl.

Well, Subaru kind of saved Rem from a situation that he was partly responsible for.

i think it's unrealistic partly because the whole "someone saves your life, you instantly fall in love with him" thing rarely happens in real life.

The reason for that is rather complex but in general, you have two situations. Someone you know saves you, or someone you don't know saves you. Let's assume that the person who saves you isn't married or whatever.

In the former, you most likely aren't interested in him in the first place, or you would probably be dating him already. Unless it just so happens that you were in the undecided zone and him saving your life swung you over.

In the latter, case chances are, once you get to a hospital, home, or whatever, you are never going to see that person again. You were just in a life threatening situation, you are not going to think about wanting to ask him out. So for this scenario to work, you basically need him to stick around and approach you first, or for you to recover enough to approach him. Most people won't make the first move even in the best circumstances, so you are basically hoping for the former.

Considering by this point, Rem already knows, or at the very least suspects, that Subaru is madly in love with Emilia, her falling in love with Subaru is even less realistic. It would at least not be so bad if Rem was making an effort to make Subaru fall in love with her, but she's not (passive aggressive stuff does not count).

This picture triggers me
every
single
fucking time

I don't want to be like Rem, I want Rem to love me like that. Girls can like girls too, lol

so you wouldn't suck and then bite off the dick of the one you love? How can you say you love them then?

Makes you think huh?

source?

>even adding that in the face of her devotion there was no way he couldn't feel anything.
too be fair, I don't really like that message, it's basically saying 'if you love them hard enough they might love you back' and life doesn't work like that. I like it the way it played out in the show, she loves him but accepts that that doesn't entitle her to have his love back, and she maturely accepts that (further making her the best girl/anything in the show) but a part of me wishes she gets as much love back as she's given.

>subaru acts even more suspiciously in later loops
>she not only doesn't kill him, she falls in love with him

That plot armor.

Why do you expect women to take anime any more seriously than men? Not everyone watches this stuff shamefully like that. Some of them actually like Subaru; most of his hate comes from men. Concerns about Rem being 'waifubait' also comes from a minority of men.

>i think it's unrealistic partly because the whole "someone saves your life, you instantly fall in love with him" thing rarely happens in real life.
It doesn't hurt: psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-consumericus/201109/do-women-have-fireman-fantasy

If women are not caring about Subaru, it's mostly because they don't see him as relevant. They mostly want to be a particular female character, but not in her situation.

I dunno senpai, that seems like a bit too much effort tbqh. Do you have any idea how hard you'd have to bite to actually sever a dick all the way through?

I never bitten on one so I wouldn't know, but there's no bone, and it seems pretty soft when not erect, the hardness comes not from the material itself but from blood pressure. and that would diminished once you start to bite and the blood flows out... I mean, haven't there been stories about women biting off their rapists dicks? I'm sure it would be difficult but not impossible if you're driven enough. So the question remains do you love your partner enough to pull it off?

But user she saw him sleeping on Emilia's lap which logically means he can't be a spy somehow

You guys are missing the part where Ram, who always trusted him a bit more, told Roswaal she would inform Rem to back off. It's overlooked if you're not paying attention but Ram notices Rem is getting triggered in every loop and if Ram doesn't trust Subaru enough she won't call her sister off. Rem also still fought every decision he wanted to make even after the lap pillow and it was Ram who bailed out Subaru every time up until he was proven right about the village being in trouble.

You're missing two things. Rem is not a normal, mentally healthy person. It's much more clear in other adaptions that don't cut her many other scenes out. Pic related. I mean her actions in the second arc should have been a good indication but people have short memories. She likes Subaru in part because he acknowledges her as someone distinct from Ram, gratifies her, and makes her feel like she has worth. Not to mention he's like her only friend in her pitifully small social circle. They became almost codependent on each other in the time between arc 2 and 3. Like Subaru she was a shut-in who became her own obstacle to happiness. Her saving grace is that a lot of her opinions about Subaru stayed the same. She knows he's still full of flaws and a running gag they have is that she won't deny his shortcomings or will outright insult him in a sweet tone if he asks her rhetorically about them. I think the anime mostly left this out but they did leave in the part where she agrees that he's pathetic. She wants to mold herself and him into better people.

Second, that talk they had at the end of episode 11 was just as important if not more than his whole rescue thing. As it goes over her massive inferiority complex.

>(passive aggressive stuff does not count)

How about aggressive aggressive?

lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/09/20/rezero-web-novel-translated-scene-of-rem-feigning-her-death/

>bailed out
>he gets murdered by her in several loops anyway because she is paranoid as fuck
>somehow doesnt kill him in the last loop

>caring about 3dpd anything

I don't think we're on the same page. But I'll spell some things out in the hopes of salvaging your reading comprehension.

To start Rem only killed him one time. The loop where she tortured him Ram prevented him from running away and also was the one to ultimately kill him. This happened again when he wanted to revisit the village at night. So she still didn't completely trust him.

Rem actually trusted him marginally in the first loop because he was genuine and Ram told her to back off. But the curse got him.

After the lap pillow Rem tried to object when he wanted to make a trip to the village but Ram cut in and approved.

There was also a scene where Ram showed Subaru's efforts in his work earned her trust and that she would tell her sister to back off. This happened in the first and last loops but he wasn't able to recreate this in the other failed loops.

This is what I meant by bailing out.

* After the lap pillow Rem tried to object when he wanted to make a trip to the village but Ram cut in and approved. This happened again when he wanted to revisit the village at night. So she still didn't completely trust him.

Fucked that up. Anyway, Rem wasn't the only one to distrust him. The others knew what was going on and didn't trust him enough to call her off.

No. Rem killed him one time and Ram killed him the other. All he had to do to get Rem to stop killing him was to earn Ram's trust and she would tell Rem to stop with her murder plans even if she doesn't completely trust him. MC started doing a bunch of other shit instead of caring about the job and couldn't get the red meido to trust him either.

>Even Ferris would get more male fans than her.

Both of my favorite characters.

>I got two modes
>kindest person you ever met
>WORST NIGHTMARE YOU EVER SEEN!

People rarely "save someone's life" to begin with on an unprofessional level.

I feel like the anime didn't let us get to know Emilia enough, i ended up not liking her that much in the end. If we got to explore her character more i think it could be different, but i definitely loved Rem. But then again she actually had a lot of character development.

Is Re: Zero actually good? I've been meaning to get around to it but there's a load of other things I want to watch as well

Self insert faggots (Females) that lowkey enjoy getting cucked

Stupid whofags really need to die. Rem has no personality and is worthless beyond being a slave.

youtube.com/watch?v=m-ET8BGp87o

>women watching anime lol i really doubt it kiddo.

I'm still pissed she didn't get more screen time.

The last thing that show needed was unnecessary girl accessories for the hero to collect.

>caring about Emilia

The only reason to care about her is because it's fucking obvious she's Satella or going to be a vessel for Satella. Likewise, Subaru is either going to be Pride (he's a stubborn mule who demands everything goes his way), or he's going to be Envy's/Satella's Knight.

What's more concerning is that Subaru never once questions why Satella wants him to follow such and oddly specific path. The common denominator among all the checkpoints is that Emilia survives, and she has all the matching features of Satella, yet this never once worries him.

Anime and women rofl. Dont make me laugh op lol hahaha im actually laughing so hard. Its commonly accepted that anime studios target audience is males over 18

Weebs are a different story though. Go to any con in the west and half of the attendees will be girls.

I agree, shit writing and who was a shitty waifu bait.

People at cons don't necessarily watch anime. But there are a lot of female anime fans, denying that fact is denying the ammount of fujoshi anime that airs nowadays.

He's not Pride. A lot of people are making the mistake of going too meta and assuming Betel's first assumption was right. It was the only reasonable educated guess he could come up.

The most likely Pride candidate is Al. He was isekai'd (anime left this out because reluctant to do another season) like Subaru. Al is short for his full alias Aldebaran, which is a star name. All the archbishops have star names. Then there's this, Rem later tells him she detected a dangerous smell off him. The novel version I think even name drops something about pride in this scene. It becomes more obvious that Betel is just trying to make sense of what the hell Subaru is.

True, although that still leaves Subaru as Satella's Knight (which arguably gives him far more power than any of the bishops). Al is still a cool dude though despite being the bitch's knight, so I'm not sure how they would handle making him a villain.

Yes. Exactly that. What can I say, I'm into some weird shit.

Al's clearly got skeletons in his closet so that probably won't be too hard. Even if he seems to regret his past here and there he doesn't seem to regret all of them with whatever unsettled business he has with the maid twins was.

There's a ton of post-anime stuff to add to speculation but on Satella she doesn't want to be unsealed. She wants to die and she wants Subaru to be the one to put her out of her misery. The only one running opposite to that is Envy, her instinctual and crazy persona born from killing the other witches and absorbing them. She's not a good witch herself though as she had to do some equally evil things to get to that state in the first place.

How she knows Subaru is the big mystery. There's obviously time travel bullshit involved but it's looking not be your typical example of going to the past and doing some stable timeline shit. Everyone thought Subaru was going to be Flugel and all the signs were there but then it was revealed they don't look like each other at all.

Likewise Emilia is just an unfortunate lookalike who might be related to Satella somewhere in their family tree but isn't Satella as Satella is technically still alive. Just sealed away. She's explicitly being targeted as a vessel though and the Witch Cult attacked to test her worthiness as a vessel in the first place.

I don't think it's too weird that Subaru never suspected her of being Satella since that would require him to make several leaps in logic about time travel and shit that he can't prove. He already knows some of the history of the world, how others see her, and the distress it causes her so he probably avoided trying to make crackpot theories about their connection. He also only has people's words to go on. People could just be very racist and they may not actually look completely alike. It probably helps that Satella ended up killing Emilia in a bad loop too.

It's got its appeal.