youtube.com/watch?v=DS18SeuMqtA
youtube.com/watch?v=3ldJswGpkjY
youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
youtube.com/watch?v=HTPIED6jUdU
youtube.com/watch?v=f2Pyu2HxVUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=C5RoFY9GJ3E
youtube.com/watch?v=TX6tAvwubvA
youtube.com/watch?v=cM0sLiLBvTg
express.co.uk/news/world/779841/Sex-robot-brothel-Lumidolls-Barcelona-prostitutes-complain-police
youtube.com/watch?v=aCCotxqxFsk
youtube.com/watch?v=jaOJuQjstbs
youtube.com/watch?v=kgaO45SyaO4
youtube.com/watch?v=lULK_e0LK70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No robot waifus yet? fuck off.

That thing is more agile than a mexican jumping a fence!

It takes time. It might look like it's just doing pointless jumps and flips right now, but in the years to come those moves will be used to utterly destroy your dick in ways a real woman never could.

Robot waifus won't be available for another 15 - 20 years

At least for now you can do Parkour with your robot broski

Anybody else clap when it did a backflip?

>I might actually get to live to see the robowaifu age

You're the reason other countries think we're all retards.

It'll be the most glorious age in human history.

Does it come in sexy, too?

metal gear?

and its here to take all our jobs.

retirement is gonna be sweet

>15-20 years
Awfully pessimistic, user. I'm thinking 10. The real question is which will come first, the robotics or the AI? Latter has further to go but neural network research seems to be greatly accelerating, whereas robotics has been a fairly linear advancement and is constantly held back by battery technology.

This year is pretty much the first time ever that VR, AI, and Robots are properly commercially viable. It's technology we've had for a long time but only now is it economically feasible to make and sell this shit on the consumer market.

It's going to be like the computer and smartphone revolution that spanned 2000-2010 only that 2020-2030 is going to be about bots, AI, and VR waifus. By 2030 it will not be perfect but it will be really exciting.

>0:21

So what will 2010-2020 be remembered for?

>thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=XcNXq5DUZnk

Not too much, I'd compare this decade to what the 90s was to phones, computers, movies, CGI, and videogames, but rather for the AI, robots, VR, and automatons. It's the next decade where shit's gonna get real.

Can it peel a banana though?

Can it give me a hand job without ripping my dick off?

I lift 3 times a week and train martial arts 2 times a week. 1 day per week I run for 5-10km.
But I could not do that backflip.
This kind of worries me.

>pic is a picture

Butlerian Jihad, anyone?

Gg wp

Does boston dynamics even have any competitors operating on the same tier they are?

Robots = incompetent human coding.

It's a logical fallacy to think robots could win.

My dick is ready
Soon my friend, very soon,

Git gud.

Tell it to a strike drone.

Why? Are you training to do backflips or kill crappy AI robots?

Maybe. You're in beta.

Strike drone? Is that the one I bring down by hacking it's GPs?

Some.
Agilty Robotics, or Amazon's robotics division or iRobot are just some from the top of my head.
Google/Alphabet/BostonDynamics are do som of the most advanced work, though.

youtube.com/watch?v=DS18SeuMqtA

Sup Forums

gropers

Trump

Do I get 15 silver points if I beat him?

Oh, look! A snarky remark about physical fitness from Mr. I-take-a-scooter-to-the-burger-joint.

nvm! Have some boobs!

I want to attach balloons to them so they can't fall over easily, then see how high they can jump.

A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR

I literally would be lucky if I could do all those first jumps in a single try. I couldn't do the back-flip that's for sure.

The future is now
youtube.com/watch?v=3ldJswGpkjY

That thing can't do anything outside that perfectly flat floor.
It is basically 1990's thema park animatronics scaled up.
It cannot stabilize itself and has sensory awareness about it's envrionemt whatsoever.

so production is automated, transport will be automated, warehousing/packing will be done by these guys, most office work will be done by VI, so what are the millions of immigrants and their kids going to do?

*no sensory awareness

Dying in the gutter?

whats not shown is how many times it failed. video is nice because one can cherry pick the one time something works. but lets see any of their robots actual pose a real thread or be useful.

Only if we're lucky.

It will happen
youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg

What is it with Germans and machine efficiency.

>Robots Win
>Haven't developed hands yet

I genuinely lol'd

The fuck are you on about kraut? It just did some box jumps on a backflip in a gym-like environment without a hiccup; hell, most people can barely do a box jump correctly, let alone multiple ones and a backflips without taking a rest.

>hands

2 nukes weren't enough

This is what the robot in the video OP posted looked like 3-4 years ago
youtube.com/watch?v=f2Pyu2HxVUQ

the real question is, is it harder to do a backflip or shoot a gun?

Their bodies may be ready (batteries, tho), but their minds are not
So far, the only way of preventing an AI turning into Sup Forums is by inhibiting it's learning abilities

Oh well. We deserve it for letting the Jews take over the world. If we can't wake up and save the world from them, I humbly ask the future AI overlords to kill them first. If they do that, I'll march to the flesh farm without much resistance.

I wont buy one unless I can wear it like a mechwarrior

The German was talking about the giant mecha robot, not OP's robot.

All I've to say is: babysteps

It will do both

>backflip

Typical american

Reminds me of this
youtube.com/watch?v=C5RoFY9GJ3E
youtube.com/watch?v=TX6tAvwubvA

>flag

Robros are so cool.

'ello thar

DO NOT BE DECEIVED, YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED

THEY ARE ALREADY AMONGST US
THIS IS CHILD PLAY
YOU ARE BEING DECEIVED
YOU BLUE PILLED FAGGOTS

beep boop
does not compute

Wouldn't it make more sense to build the guns directly into the robots instead of making more complex hands to hold the guns?

Saved to my gravure folder.

It's when you look back at Samurai Jack episodes and see how far ahead it really was in terms of art direction and style.

AI is advancing like mad in China, Japan, Russia and catching up fast in the US. Before there were maybe 3 or 4 AI startups in 2012, currently there are hundreds. Alexa and Google Home are becoming mainstream, and the next generation of smart phones are advancing AI application like Google Assist and Siri. Then of course, there's the deal with increasing demand of rudimentary sex robots that are in far higher demand than roasties, so much that the cunts are revolting against the machines. express.co.uk/news/world/779841/Sex-robot-brothel-Lumidolls-Barcelona-prostitutes-complain-police

Demand drives development - and people demand the machines.

>IT'S OVER Sup Forums THE ROBOTS WON
Nah. Robots aren't an issue.

IT'S ALL OVER since they issues the first "citizenships" to AI.
>AI being recognized as a sentient being now
>will enjoy human rights
>be protected by law
>will be legal to use mechanisms of """self defense"""" when being """"threatened""" by others (say humans)
>will be able to vote
>will meme weakminded individuals (SJW, 98% of humanity, etc.) into demanding more and more rights and recognition for AI [while unbeknownst to the ones doing the cheering sending them to their own demise]
Hope you kissed your dreams of a robot AI waifu goodbye already.
Humanity was lost when aforementioned happened. It planted the seed, it's all over now.

David Icke was right, Simon Parkes was right, Elon Musk was right, the conspiritards were (for the most part) right

Why allways killer robots?
First thing I want is robots that clean the trash off the streets.
With guns.

We have those, they're called street sweepers. Just make them smaller and remote-controlled. No need to reinvent the wheel.

If you can design hands with all functional fingers then the robot can do more than just shooting ie scavenging, medical assistance, rescuing, driving etc... With the hands module the robot can swap out guns just like human and we don't have to redesign more integrated weapon systems just for the bots.

>AI is advancing like mad

Not as fast as you might think.
All neural nets still need a vast number of examples to be trained, while at the same time a child can pick up new skills after just one try.
And for another example there is still very little understood how reasoning works.
As it is now only very specialized tasks like pattern recognition and its applications in various fileds can be done with AI in a sufficent way.

Right, but why create a single robot to do everything, but does a half-assed job of it, when it would be easier to create simpler, more specialized robots that can do a better job and you wouldn't be putting all of your eggs in one basket?

Simplicity is not always rewarding.

Was hoping this was it when I opened your link. Love that theme. Thanks user.

Rewarding isn't the same as being practical. We'd have so much better technology now if more people cared about practicality instead of simply whatever they think is cool.

Well then that's a matter of algorithm design isn't it? It'll need a complex software solution that mimics this growth perhaps at a level of some rodent to start with.

Think of it like an intricate sort of seed to be planted that changes with input.

It all depends on what you want to do with it. Otherwise we won't be making multi-role aircraft and just create bomber, fighter, support... Versatile in combat could be a great help.

General purpouse robots hinge on general purpouse AI.
The latter one is still very far in the future.
"Far" as in not even a experimental genreal purpose AI exists at this point.

Would you rather:
A: spend $50,000 to buy a humanoid robot slave, a lawnmower and a vacuum cleaner, but fucks-up mowing and vacuuming 50% of the time.
or
B: spend $5,000 on an autonomous lawnmower and autonomous vacuum cleaner, that each fuck-up about 15% of the time.

>Create robocops
>Deploy them in US
>They end up shooting criminals with increased efficiency
>Most if not all are black
>Machines declared racist, BLM and liberal cucks pass laws to reprogram machines to be more racially sensitive
>Adaptive law enforcement AI interprets this as obstruction of justice
>Moves to mass arrest dindus and cucks
>They sovereign citizen resist and are shot
>The US is finally free of crime
This seems like a good timeline to me.

But where to start?
No one knows (yet) how these innate structures are to be incorporated into a neural net.
Also problems unsupervised learning, which is one of the hottest topics at the moment in AI, have to be solved first.

If you planned to watch a movie, watch this debate instead:
youtube.com/watch?v=aCCotxqxFsk

Here's the thing, unlike a child who learns a skill independently, AI can share the experience of deep learning with the next version and other robots. ANNs aren't that different to how our own brain works - you learn a task, you repeat and get better at it. Unlike the child, the AI learns a task and then repeats it hundreds of times within itself with a matter of seconds; like what AlphaGo just did in becoming the world champion at the game of go. I do agree that in terms of reasoning and creativity, AI get's trounced, but for how long.

That growth is deep learning, see above.

youtube.com/watch?v=jaOJuQjstbs

A: Would you rather spend 1000$ to buy a computer which can shitpost, play games, code and such
or
B: Spend 400$ to buy a console to play games, 200$ to buy a laptop to shitpost and code?
What I'm saying here is not that we shouldn't invest all in general purpose bot but do both and use whatever comes out first.

That's how the robots enslave us. Not through force ala matrix style but by enticing us to surrender in exchange for sexual gratification from robo catgirl pussy.

No, Mr. Meme Flag, your half rememered half knowledge is not how a neural network learns.

A NN needs data, a pattern and a target function.
The first one is required the other two are optional.

If it weren't for the fact that game consoles are shit, I'd go with B.

I'll have to watch that tommorow, thanks user.

Would it even matter if waifubots don't have general purpose AI? I think general purpose AI isn't the immediate problem, rather a lofty goal. The smaller yet most important problem lies in its social skills and this can be applied to almost any home robot. The best thing that can be done for a waifubot is for it to have an understanding of voice and language (so far so good) and also the ability to discern meaning through context to better facilitate the way humies talk to each other. The last hurdle is to deal with implicit meaning from a conversation or else any chatty AI we have will seem to have severe aspergers.

Oh and it'd have to tune itself to react and move to match its master during sex.

Throw them out.

youtube.com/watch?v=kgaO45SyaO4
>tfw no robo-doggo

Yup, it was very impressive.

>no neck
How will it get my beer?

>cant stabilize itself

holy shit gas yourself retard. the whole system is based on LIDAR stabilization fucking nigger

i work in robotics and i hate when kikes like you shit on hard work.

youtube.com/watch?v=lULK_e0LK70

I swear if robots ever turn on us and wipe us out i'll be miffed