Redpill me on SSRIs Sup Forums

Redpill me on SSRIs Sup Forums

My doctor wants me to take Paxil for my panic attacks and anxiety even though I told him I didn't want them. He talked about it like it was a miracle drug and that all the bad side effects are exaggerated.

Are they worth trying or is my (((doctor))) full of shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just started taking Zoloft today. How long do I have to wait before the brain zaps set in?

Also, I noticed that neither my doctor nor the pharmacist mentioned any of the numerous side effects this shit can cause.

DON'T DO IT.

just ask him to sign a liability agreement that if anything happens to you he's liable

he'll stop recommending those drugs

2 months.

Probably a waste IMO.

I'm only an anesthesiologist though these aren't in my scope of practice.

If you have panic attacks just
1. Learn to chill the fuck out god damn quit having 'muh condition' learn to pray of meditate like a monk. Literally works better than SSRI by the research
2. Just ask for propranolol and take that when you feel one coming on. Much simpler drug that works fast instead of changing your whole brain physiology.

I literal blue pill.
Don't fucking take them. Find a way to deal with your shit.

I know people who have taken the same Jewish advice and ended up realizing they turned them into a fucking mess (emotional outbursts, when they had never had them before) and when they tried to quit they had all kinds of weird fucking withdrawals like constantly shaking and extreme depression.

Don't fucking do it.

This

Just do shrooms or lsd once or twice. Doesn't treat this shit. It cures it.

Warning lsd is a little gay. For me atleast.

Dont take seroquel i got prescribed 25mg for sleep aid, it feelt like shit and did not work dont take them.

Paxil made me feel awesome, like when you're a kid and it's Christmas
If you're really can take it anymore you can give it a try. It can help you stand on your feet.

Probably are going to make you unable to orgasm after a week or two, or at the very least make it harder. Weight gain is common, as is stomach upset. The real kicker is for women, where taking them during second or third trimester of pregnancy increases the chances of bearing an autistic child by over 80%.

don't take SSRIs

your "doctor" is a salesman

the minute that you decide you want to quit

it basically floods your brain with chemical reuptake inhibitors, that will basically teach your brain to produce much less serotonin or dopamine, as you regularly take pills that make it unnecessary

the moment you try to quit you will feel what real synthetic pain feels like, because it will be like you taking the serotonin out of your brain completely

I tried them and learned this the hard way. i wasnt on them for longer than 3 months, so my brain was still 100% salvageable because i slowly petered off of them

do

not

do

these drugs

Try it, but if you get sexual dysfunction from it then stop asap. I read online that it becomes permanent from many people.

For me the issue was that I couldn't cum. I tried paxil too. upon reading upon online that this effect became permanent for many people, I stopped immediately.

Don't do it. Roll a joint and put some good music on and chill out.

your doc prob gets some gibs from the drug companys for handing that shit out like candy.

I used to take paxil for anxiety. It actually worked pretty well in that regard but it is a SSRI so say goodbye to cumming.

Don't turn yourself into a retarded zombie just become a secretive alcohol like a normal person for fucks sake. Kids these days I swear.

They make you violent and a little mentally off after a while. Was on a few different ones. Some of them fuck with your dick.

>lsd is a little gay

What did he mean by this

don't do it.
try yoga, cut out caffeine, deep diaphragmatic breathing, meditation or prayer as appropriate to your beliefs, exercise, cut out energy drinks. practice good sleep hygeine.
tons of things help. you have to make up your mind to get better. you can.
don't take the poison.
>don't do it

They will throw you into blissful ignorance and your doctor is paid to promote them.

THIS! They are great!

as of today there really is no red pill on ssri. there is strong evidence of it's efficacy, but it's not immediate and it doesn't work on everyone.

In my experience it's extremely potent and made me love life again. So much that I went hypomanic and had to quit..

this

I had an old Jew doctor who I went to for anxiety help at the recommendation of my psychologist. He recommended Buspirone and said angrily "you don't need a Damn SSRI". She had recommended it.

Paxil and Zoloft will ruin your life. Say good bye to a sex drive. Your personality will change. Don't

Do you know how such agreements work?

Also they make you feel this really indescribable feeling once you're off them. The only way I could explain it is void or empty but it's really neutral and not sad just extremely boring and mentally taxing.

Honestly I think they make me less mad at the government and more accepting of the nanny state

you're a fucking shill

Theres a 10% chance that it will work very well, 40 % chance that it wont make much differnce, and 50% that it'll fuck you up. I used to sleep 16 hours a day when i was on one, and felt like a zombie. Also forget about sex

i take paxil for anxiety issues. i only take 30mg a day. they wanted to bump it up but i said no way. the side efffects in my case went away after the first few months for the most part. i go months, sometimes years between attacks now. been taking it for about ten or twelve years now. if you have any hopes in the romantic sector paxil is probably not for you because it will obliterate your sex drive.

>propranolol
i've started taking this as needed during this past year. it's pretty good. not for you if you have asthma however. works by blocking epinephrine acting on the heart, preventing the physical symptoms of a panic attack. i still keep an ativan or two in my pocket just in case that doesn't do that trick but it usually does. i'm told people with stage fright or who have trouble with public speaking use it often as well. worst side effect i've had is occasional shits.

>swedish flag

this is basically how you know youre dealing with a shill cuck

SSRIfag here, I happen to get sweaty as a bitch i take 40mg prozac. Klonipins for the anxiety. Klonipin is literally a miracle drug. Going to SLOWLY wean off of the prozac (like, -10mg/3 months) while gradually reducing klonipin although i may just keep on it. Scared about coming off of it.. hang in there bro

dont take SSRI's, the medical establisment uses suckers like you as guinea pigs. Work out, eat better, read more, fuck pussy, be honest, and be an upstanding citizen you fucking snowflake.

I've tripped on Lsd a couple times before hand alone. The one time I did so with friends everything everyone said was so gay that I spent the whole day calling everyone gay. I actually harassed a kid so much he came out as bisexual.

It was just really gay

full of shit

you know what helped me?

Ritalin

Define gay user? Did LSD literally turn you gay? Cause I've done LSD literally hundreds of time, and never felt the urge to fuck dudes. Besides, LSD and a good 25 minute Dark Star with a beautiful chick is fucking awsome!

SSRIs are bullshit, you're better off without them. Improve your diet and drink more water.

>Warning lsd is a little gay. For me atleast.
>For me atleast
I have bad news for you user

How long have you been on prozac? Depending on how long you might become extremely chaotic neutral. Like full of bottled up non-directed neutral violence.

Eat cannabrownies.

Before deciding to take SSRIs, ask yourself:

Are you eating healthy?
Are you taking the proper supplements?
Are you not doing drugs or drinking heavily?
Are you working out?
Are you going outside regularly and stepping away from the computer screen?
When you have a panic attack, are you taking deep breaths and focusing away from the thoughts creating this problem?

If you answered yes to all of these and still have issues: kill yourself. Doubtful though. Most depression and anxiety issues are caused by not taking care of yourself.

Every mass shooter in the US was on SSRIs.

They will make you go bald. Especially if you jerk off a lot. Don’t do it.

Instead every day take 10,000 IU of D3 vitamin, a men’s one a day, two liters of agua, eat healthy, and excercise. Vitamins should be food based (ie you can take on an empty stomach) not some mining mineral bullshit your body can’t absorb.

See

Improving diet is difficult, time consuming and expensive

DON'T DO IT. Psych meds are BAD NEWS BEARS. They will fuck you up physically and mentally, and if you lose your insurance, your (((doctors))) will drop your ass in a heartbeat and no one will give you a refill because they make the immediate assumption you're just a drug addict, even if you have no history of substance abuse. You will have to go cold turkey, which will leave you in a worse condition than you are in now. Learn your triggers, learn new patterns of thinking, and learn how to cope with things better. These fixes are permanent.

probably almost 2 years now, i was taking citalopram but the sweating/sexual stuff was alot worse with that. I still sweat - it kinda feels like my body's thermostat is off. And thats the main reason i want to taper off. I don't feel like i have any of that 'chaotic' stuff you are talking about since i feel pretty normal now honestly (like i 'used' to before i started having the anxiety/dep issues).

>1. Learn to chill the fuck out god damn quit having 'muh condition' learn to pray of meditate like a monk. Literally works better than SSRI by the research
THIS. I was having 5-10 panic attacks per day that were so bad that they literally made me feel like I was passing out and I was having 100-200 more minor ones per day for about 6 months straight. It sucked but I went against every doctor’s advice and stayed away from drugs and started doing breathing exercises, praying, meditating, and generally learning to chill my fucking shit. Panic attacks are NOT a chemical problem, they are an abnormality in your thought processes that must be straightened out accordingly. Slow it down, pray, meditate, and let yourself relax when you feel one coming on. You are fully in control of them at all times and I can stop them by calming myself when I feel them coming on now

Before deciding to take SSRIs, ask yourself:

Does the government want me subservient?
Is my doctor getting paid by the pharmaceutical industry?
Was this drug developed using government research grants?
What is project MK-Ultra?
What is the demoralization process?
Are you opposed to lobotomies?

also stop fucking drinking

These things have no impact on me at all. Idk if I am just too crazy for the doses they were giving me but I couldn't even tell I had taken one.

The only thing I have ever found to treat my craziness is drinking which only works up until it swings back round into sheer violent insanity.

When I start feeling anxious from PTSD I just think to myself I could beat the shit out of everyone here

I figure the flight or fight response is being activated, so why not go with the fight response?

I dont actually get violent obviously, I just get confident

Everybody else goes with the flight response and they want to get away from wherever they are and they can't so that causes panic

Shrooms > SSRIs

Have you considered a natural alternative like kava , or curcumin

Then shut the fuck up and take your pills you lazy pathetic fucking bastard. You'll never be happy if you can't even start to make the changes needed to fucking feed yourself properly. Just keep failing at basic personal care and keep wondering why you're depressed.

Weaponized fluoride

Don’t do it, user. Go walk/run or some sort of a workout routine, if it’s at your own pace then that is better. Eat a balanced diet. Cut down on the noise in your life - tv, music, people talking, even internet usage...i’m serious. Too much noise can stress you out. You need some periods of silence to allow yourself to unwind. Most importantly, be good to yourself because you’re the only one that can truly do that. Focus on how you talk to yourself. If it’s negatively then work on changing that.

For your panic attacks do Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It teaches your brain to react to triggers differently. This fixes the problem. SSRI’s mask it.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_behavioral_therapy

You don't get it until you're off the meds and then you don't want to get back on because you don't want to make it worse. It makes you unstable. Do no fuck with your brain chemistry ever. Lesson learnt the hard way. The side effects after the drug are way worse than the ones while you're on it but the main effects wear off after a while anyways.

Don't disagree with you there. Was on generic prozac for only a few months and I literally have 0 passion for anything after getting off. One of the biggest mistakes of my life.

60 replies to OP. 0 replies from OP. abandon thread

Everyone I have seen who's gotten on these has deteriorated.

My father is one of those types who started on one SSRI, then it needed a "booster," one of the anti-psychotics, because it wasn't hitting the spot anymore. He turned into an emotional fish, and after stopping the psychotropics (Latuda) which he was on for a year or so, it seems some of his personality and edge has come back. It's sad.

It's incredible what the medical industry can get away with. "Oh, it's not working anymore? Let's give you a 'booster' to 'supplement' your anti-depressant. Forget weaning you off it. That would cause 'discontinuation syndrome,' which is just a fancy word we've come up with for withdrawal."

WHATS the story on that pic?

What kind of shit roasting is this you rusing cunt?

WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING IN THAT PIC

If you think you're a loser you will feel bad. If it's true you will feel bad. No amount of "relaxing" won't help that. If it's not true you will feel very good. SSRIs will help some losers not feel bad. Google 5-HTTLRP s/s.

people are interested in these pills considering how many millions are shilled out

Ew.

He took SSRIs

This. My friend and I both have a lot of issues bc of the way we grew up, but every acid trip, as emotional as it was, cleared us up even a little bit more. We still struggle with our issues, but it’s so manageable. And we’ve only done it like 3-4 times, every four months. It really helped me so much, just brings out demons in you that you have to face outright and free that, the issue just doesn’t seem as big.

it's like consumer society has made the masses miserable WHY IS THIS

Not going to type out my life story. Major depressive disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, some ocd. Prescribed most of the ssri’s, snri’s.
My advice, do anything you can to self-improve.
Diet, exercise, sleep. No, they are not placebos.
But should be solely prescribed for the most severe cases. Not what it has been for the last 25 years. Big pharma, doctors, dolling them out like candy. For those who truly don’t need them, they do change your brain chemistry, permanently.
I cant wait for a big class-action law suit. Why doesn’t the FDA do anything? They do some. But why would they stop the sale of something that produces huge tax revenue for the government.
Do what you think is best op.

They want to maintain the status quo and the only way to do so is to keep the populace in a non-innovative subservient state.

Cmon now. I need the full story there

Your doctor is probably a jew

It’s why we have a heroin epidemic now

In a volcano?!

The result of sitting in front of your monitor and posting in SIG threads

I don't actually know, sorry. I think he fell into a vat of chemicals or something.

But thoughts are chemical. The issue is that taking pills is trying to straighten a picture frame with a sledgehammer.

don't do it, just pick up smoking for a while instead

Don't worry, if you don't feel well with it, just ask your doctor for another.

Is that an extremely abstract merchant?

In general, don't take drugs stronger than paracetamol or ibuprofen

>then it needed a "booster"
THIS. They get you on these fuckers and then they keep piling them on one after another non stop.

They pushed them on pregnant wife saying that depression is more risky than any possible side effects. We looked up the medical testing records ourselves, and they had never been tested on pregnant women. She threw them out. 3 years later there was a class action because they cause massive lung issues.

LOOKS like a movie prop

actually i saw pic related

i'll bet 1BTC it'll be Welbutrin

Listen to me OP, STAY AWAY FROM SSRIs if you can. Try to get him to prescribe you Valium or something and take only for emergencies.

Don't. I took clomipramine for about a year for OCD, up to 150mg per day.
A year and a half after quitting the withdrawal symptoms never really disappeared. My cognition and my dick have never been the same. I have a lot more trouble concentrating and keeping erections than before. I also became a much slower learner. The difference is quite noticeable. I used to be an avid reader, and now my head feels so spaced out that reading a book is extremely frustrating. God knows what other bodily functions it might have inadvertently fucked up.

Granted clomipramine is a tricyclic AD and not an SSRI, but both are anticholinergic drugs that work on serotonin receptors.
>Anticholinergic drugs block the action of acetylcholine. This substance transmits messages in the nervous system. In the brain, acetylcholine is involved in learning and memory. In the rest of the body, it stimulates muscle contractions.
Low acetylcholine levels have been linked with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia.
Don't. Fucking. Do it.
Go to a regular psychologist and do Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) therapy. It's much better to treat anxiety long term.

>ssri for anxiety

Are you in Canada or something

Could accidentally be. Doesn't matter who's doing it, it's what they're doing that's the problem.

I did Molly today just got off of it like an hour ago. Feels so great you just wanna talk and slumber up in your bed @ the same time.

I was using some to treat my depression and I honestly barely noticed a difference.
I did therapy at the same time and that was infinitely more useful.