This is american industry in current year

If we get into a war and china cuts us off were fucked

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator
au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/gao/nsiad97134/app_06.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Military industry =/= entire industry.
American military industry and even Russian military industry are decades ahead of Chinese.
If necessary, you could mobilize what you have or build new industry.
So no, while China does have some advantage, it's not as great as you think.
Furthermore, China has no way of stopping you from gearing for war, on account of still mediocre (at best) navy.
But all this is stupid talk, going to war with China, which is a nuclear power, is a dangerous prospect, and you would feel massive economic consequences without a doubt, and so would the world.

Pic kinda related.
Besides, it's not like Chinese industry can just switch overnight to producing weapons.
And given the quality of their steel, I'm kinda doubting the potential quality of their mass produced weapons.

Quality Vs Quantity. Always go for quantity. Like the Soviets during WWII vs Hitler and Co.

Quantity has a quality of it's own, but blindly going into quantity isn't that good.
Soviets in WW2 actually had good weapons and good designs, their tanks on paper in purely technical terms were quite superior to German tanks, until later models.
However, the fact they had to move industry across half the country, and other issues, meant that they suffered from production defects.
Chinese however, they lack the technology too.
When talking about USSR, keep in mind it industrialized in late 20's and 30's.
China industrialized decades ago, yet they still suffer from same issues and are improving very slowly.
I don't mean to disparage them, they are on their way to becoming global power, but things aren't that smooth.

Also, Chinese literally can't build a jet engine without Russians holding their hand, and even Russians themselves are not that superb in this area.

I agree with what you say.

Another example of what I mean, since you brought up tanks, was the US built Sherman. Not a particularly good design, disliked by their crews, prone to catching fire, they never the less swarmed all over Europe. Numbers do matter, a good, simple design is best of all, in quantity.

What do you expect? Theyre all high on vodka!

Please read this, and possibly adjust your expectations.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FP-45_Liberator

Did somebody say China hate thread?

Sherman was actually a great design for it's time, save for somewhat anemic gun. Crews didn't really dislike it.
It was reliable, easy to fix, had armour protection that was equivalent to Tiger I (100mm at frontal LOS!), relatively easy to build. It's a testament to American excellence and efficiency at those times.
Now however, they seem to have adopted the ultra-high tech mumbo-jumbo approach. No doubt product of growing strength and political pull of MIC.

Quick! Somebody summon SINK THE CHINK Vietanon

>montenegro
turn off your proxy you amerimutt

Hahah china ffs

>Chinese literally can't build a jet engi-

Wow, this is the first time someone accused me of being American on proxy. Usually it's Russian, Chinese a few times, and also Israeli.
First time I heard of that, cool idea.

>Chink hate thread
>Canada flag always pops up

lmaoing for real right now

aren't you glad your parents left that shithole before they shitted you out?

That thing is a total ricebox

...without Russians holding their hand. Yes.
Keep in mind building a jet engine isn't that hard, but building a good, reliable, durable jet engine in huge numbers is an immense industrial challenge, that China yet has to surpass on it's own.
I'm not saying they won't, but it takes them awfully lot of time to do so.

>before they shitted you out?
Literally.

>willingly flying in a jet made of Chinesium

made another chink hate thread

China has significantly narrowed the gap in technology (stolen or otherwise) with the West.

It's billion people country, and everyone has a smartphone now, why are you surprised?
You can find awful shit from any larger country.

Right.

They did, no doubt about that. But they're still a lot behind Russians, let alone Americans.
And Russians had like a 10 year gap when they were in free fall in every way.
Chinese military and military industry is a paper tiger, relative to it's theoretical strength.
Dude you live in a country where gangs of narco soldiers capture dozens of people and then execute them with machetes while recording it.
Are you really gonna shit on China?

>Dude you live in a country where gangs of narco soldiers capture dozens of people and then execute them with machetes while recording it.
>Are you really gonna shit on China?
Yes my chinky friend.
POO IN LIU

You don’t think that was the plan. They exported manufacturing to our enemies.

>getting accused of being both American and Chinese in the same thread
Whatever.

More like they exported it to where it was cheaper.

POO

IN

LIU

Your assessment is based on the idea that war will last long enough for production to matter. It will not. The war will be a "everyone mag-dump until we run out" and then it will be over. Maybe it goes nuclear, maybe it doesn't. But this isn't WW2 where units can only engage in a small region. We are talking a world of missiles, nuclear subs, rocket artillery, and cyber war. There is no "safe zone" anywhere within the Pacific Ocean. An attack can happen anytime, anywhere for either the Chinese coast or the American coast, and with MIRVs that extends to the entire nations. IF it goes hot with China and escalates beyond some island dispute, it will be the most devastating month in human history in terms of dakka tossed about. And then there will either be two nations so devastated they talk it out rather than risk absolute ruin, one side capitulates and sues for peace, or one side gets pissed and rage-quits the server with a nuclear barrage.

*Soviet quantity directly supplied with American steel and even equipment

true,

the chinese might have a lot of steel production plants but they lack the capacity and most importantly "Quality Assurance" that is needed for things like High Quality alloys for shit like Jet turbines (among other things)

I would be interested to see the private fact sheet for that plane. Unfortunately we can only speculate, but it doesn't seem to have a real reliable engine (yet). I'd love to see some of their black projects and prototypes, but i'm sure they'd love to see ours as well (like the B-27).

LL was 7% of Soviet war production. Please stop repeating this idiotic meme. Please.
Soviets won in front of Moscow and then almost broke Germans before a scrap of American aid arrived.
LL helped a lot, no doubt, but to say Soviets won because of it is insane.

These are intentional, surely.

as I see it it could very well end up as some kind of trench-war/stalemate thing,
(if somehow the "countermeasures" either actually work, or there's some kind of unspoken rule about not using nukes like there was with poison gas during ww2).

Basically because there's countermeasures for practically everything now, while there's also a gap in terms of "experience" and "imagination" for the officers/generals/commanders.

I mean how many of the guerilla-wars the US, Russia or China have fought had access to shit like Manpads or well maintained and modern SAM-systems, Anti-Ship Missiles, ships with CIWS, or tanks and APC's that weren't a generation out of date.

At best we've got the Falkland's War, or the Iran/Iraq war to draw conclusions from, but those were conflicts that occurred in the 1980's, so even those lessons aren't going to be entirely relevant.

>wizard casts enlarged 'fire sphere' as a 6th level spell

Actually we have a bit more experience with SAM fighting. Iraq and Libya both had SAM networks, as does Syria still. We also do a lot of aggressive exercises with european partners, some eastern european nations still have their S-300 russian missiles, which are still pretty modern. During Vietnam, the Vietnamese army (north) had access to pretty solid SAM batteries as well. So we've got some good experience with Wild Weaseling, and fortunately for us the F-35/B-17 is the pinnacle of modern stealth, and will probably HARM everything in their way to death.

Our anti-missile defenses are MUCH less certain however, since such defenses are 1- extremely sensitive so information is rarely available (and is likely doctored), 2- they will be facing a lot of missiles in a short time period in all likelihood. Can we interupt the kill-chain of a chinese missile? Probably? I hope? Can they remove some of our satellites which will fuck with us for a short time? Probably, seeing as they missile'd a satellite not long ago (with nightmarish space junk proportions).

It's hard to say how it will go. But even if it ends up in a stalemate, both sides will need to expend enough munitions to make stale-mate attractive. Then it will come down to reserves. And lucky for us, we have NATO to fall back on for supplies and cash, even if they don't want to fight or supply troops themselves. So we will PROBABLY be able to match china buck-for-buck even long-term in the event of a war. On the flip-side, if China's "Pacific Wall" winds up working, and we lose initiative/they take initiative early, we may find ourselves out of the western Pacific entirely, perhaps permanently, since we would no longer have the secure logistical chain to move things to the front (assuming the end-goal is a marine landing of various islands, since invading a nuke-armed nation isn't terribly wise).

Really, this argument depends on so many "ifs" that it is almost irrelevant other than to shitpost.

>Iraq and Libya both had SAM networks,
The Libyan military was a joke and extremely small, they were always a non-threat
Iraq isnt a particularly good example either of experience against SAM systems due to most Iraq SAM sites being deactivated or not even realizing they were American aircraft due to the KARI IADS being french built and compromised with the US being able to spoof Iraqi IFF codes. Iraq fucked up by trusting the French, Germans, US and Soviets to design his encrypted communications and IADS systems, China would have likely been more trustworthy and the Soviets simply were unwilling to sell advanced equipment.

au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/gao/nsiad97134/app_06.htm
Another advantage that the coalition had in attacking the IADS is
that all internal designs of the KARI computer system that controlled
it [DELETED].\4 [DELETED]

>F-35
>Pinnacle of modern stealth
Don't drink the lockheeb koolaid

This is brazil at highway BR-277, Parana.