Beelzebub

Just finished reading this.
What did you think of the ending ? Was it rushed ? It felt way to open to me as many plot threads were not finished. Also the final arc made no real sense and was too fast, with a terrible final boss.
But overall it was pretty enjoyable, as a battle shonen that didn't take itself too seriously.

I can't even remember how this ended desu senpai and I loved this manga

The ending was pretty shit but the rest was good

The last arc was about the Solomon Company whose goals I didn't even understand even if I finished it 1 hour ago. The final boss was Satan and his contractor, both of who were mentioned something like 20 chapters before and shown 3 champters before being defeated after a shit DBZ battle with power of friendship finisher. Last chapter was complete shit. Too bad because I really enjoyed it.

mangaka got bored of doing it so he wrapped everything up and quit

Furuichi is the true winner of everything

is it implied that hilga might actually like oga?

Tell us. If not, dropped.

Not really outside of the times she has a split personality and even then it's not clear. Just the generic "I trust X can save the world"

True, Furuichi got a good ending at least. I'm disappointed Beel didn't grow up at all though. Also Aoi is just the generic girl in love who never gets what she wants. She even cut her hair in the end for no fucking reason, ruining her design.
The ending was way too fast, but it's true that the author looked like he knew what he wanted to do, not like Naruto at least.

Basically maybe but very lightly and not mentionned afterwards.

At least it got a godly adaptation. Answer was a great ED song but second ED with Hilde and Aoi dancing is GOAT.

Enough with "enemies turned allies" and the mangakas did it once more to Fuji. I'm done. Saint Ishiyamas arc was great tho.

author admitted he ran out of ideas because the premise didn't allow him to do much exploring without being repetitive so he ended it

Well that's a good thing. A manga is always better when the author knows when to stop. And admittedly the scenario might have become a bit repetitive.

Yeah the anime is good. Even the French dub which I watched completely

True. Especially with a completely evil and one note villain like Fuji. He might as well have disappeared.
The best arcs are the comedic ones. The best Couple contest was the last reallly good one.

Is this another anime I can add to my list of good 2011 anime?
I've been curious for a while, but haven't heard much about it except I noticed it existing when it was new

It's pretty good yes. It stops at the middle though with a tweaked ending. Remember it's more a comedy than a battle shonen.

I recently reread this and the first 20 chapters alone already have an assload of color pages. Seriously japan must have liked this a hell lot when it started.

It was a fun not too long read.

Furuichi tissue arc was best. Prove me wrong.

Also who won the Ogabowl again?

This arc was pretty good.
I guess Hilda by default since Aoo cut her hair like someone who has given up and never sees Oga who doesn't seem to care a lot about her when he comes back.

Also if Beelze's sister is 2 yo in the last chapter, that means the Supreme Demon must not have lost a lot of time to fill up his wife once she came back.

Actually yes. Especially in the extra epilogue volume he wrote.
It's the only time regular hilda blushes, when Oga refers to her as part of the family

Can we all agree that Oga became complete shit after his fight with Toujou? Not saying that his character changed for the worse, but that his plot had nothing interesting after he learned to love Beel. The fact that his sadistic rampages became rarer and rarer only made him bland as fuck.

Furuichi was the fucking protagonist that kept this shit afloat.

While Oga was in a generic training arc with Female-fighter-with-a-crush-on-MC™, Furuichi revealed his maxed out CHA stat and diplomacy'd all delincuent leaders of the school into being friends and become the ultimate vidya squad to defeat powerful demons in Call of Duty with a giant sentai mech.

While Oga and the fighters went and battled the enemy army through the power of parenting, the leader of the army spent the entire arc anally annihilated about Furuichi stealing his underage waifu.

Whilee Oga was undergoing no personal growth beyond powerlevels, Furuichi got tored of being a doormat and went master summoner to fuck everyone up and bring forth the best arc, ending with a bro battle that made Oga enjoyable to read again.

The author should have made a decision early on: 1) go full hell adventure and go nuts with powercreep and whatever, or 2) keep the delincuent plot at the forefront while keeping early fighters relevant, giving them their own demon contracts or introducing the King's Crest early (Toujou in particular was a huge waste because despite being a monster with no magic at all he ended up completely irrelevant, and even worse Oga's underling)

I still liked Oga, and he recovered pretty well/had a couple of really good moments.

I actually loved the school trip arc, had some mad good bantz.

Pic fucking related kek.

The bantz were unreal I agree, a shame they had to be interrupted by uninspired as fuck fights.

I miss this series so much. Just so much fun reading it each week and I think the action in it was underrated.

Didn't the author basically say Oga was going to die alone in an interview