Cardcaptor Sakura

Why was this show so good?

Other urls found in this thread:

openings.moe/?video=Opening1a-CardcaptorSakura
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it succeeded at doing every single thing it set out to do. Cute girl, comfy atmosphere, simple but well written characters, some magic shenanigans to spice it up, and a lot of puppy romance near the end.

Because it's max comfy

omnipandering

It was basically Sailor Moon without the funny and with a lot more gay. Not impressed. The OP was great though.

I loved the costumes and card use.

But the real reason it did so well is because everyone was gay and the teacher was a lolicon.

>he thinks sailor moon is superior

NICE TO MEET YOU GOOD TO SEE YOU

honestly my favorite anime

>Prefers Tumblr Moon

More Interesting and creative than SM, SM isn't even that comfy, it's kinda dull. SM English dub is comfy though.

Was mei the prototype of what we now call as "cuck"?

Kinda, it's not so nice when it happens to a girl is it sjws?

reminder there is a new manga out called the clear cards arc

Typical MotW anime popular with Sup Forums because of maximum gay and pedopandering.

Is there any good lewds of this show

:Spoiler:C-can anyone post some?

It's still good regardless of the gay and pedo vibes, it's more subtle than Sailor Moon and it's more tasteful.

for a mahou shoujo it isn't that repetitive, the capture scenes are very well done it makes you want to watch more of it

I struggled getting through SM: S, took me a year to finish it since after three episodes I'm burnt out for like 2 weeks.

We need more reaction images

tfw new anime in the works
tfw clamp and madhouse once again saving anime

Man this thread is shit. Post best girl to fix it.

Dumb kaiju poster

Clampshit with longass legs.

Only reason I come to this board is to participate in CCS threads. I post and lurk on almost all boards.

Not as shit as the DBZ super threads.

Cutest romance ever.

good taste for a crossie. I thought you people hang out in Re:Zero threads all the time and thiccpost.

Still waiting on lewds.

>lewds of purest daughteru

But I'm horny, I love her.

>sakura lewds

Then go ask Sup Forums you degenerate fuck

It's a fucking childrens cartoon

Fuck off crossboarder. Loli is part of Sup Forums and degenerate is moralfag talk. There are less cancerous ways of telling people you don't want them to lewd up Sakura.

These are the only CCS characters who deserve lewds.

They don't look remotely human though...

and dont forget the fucked up romantic relationships

>go to panda
>search for studio garyuu sakura
>do several genetic sacrifices in my name

It was the last anime to perpetuate the radically dangerous ideology that sisters do not want to fuck their brothers.

Alright Sup Forums, I'm watching this show for the first time and I'm fucking pissed.

Seriously, I don't know if I've ever been so mad about some waifu shit before, it's outta control. Let's do this by the numbers:

1. Cute af
2. Extremely loyal to her man
3. Constantly trying to please dude
4. Always trying to get more physical
5. Childhood friend
6. Heart of gold
7. Annoyingly confident, but only to that perfect degree which makes her exquisitely bullyable (fun onii-chan-style bullying only, of course)
8. Flawless in all ways
9. BTFO

Meilin is so fucking best it east me up inside, and yeah, i know, Sakura and whatsisname are "destined to be together," heart of the cards or whatever, but god damn he never even gave her a chance. He gets are hard-on from Sakura AND he'd rather suck megane dude's dick before he'd even give Meilin the time of day. And now in this ep, she tells him "my moms says I gotta go back to china," and he's like "well i dunno u gotta go u gotta go lol." Fuuuuccck youuuu. If this is literally the last time she's in the show I'm gonna be pissed.

i'm salty af

Syaoran almost literally sees Meilin as a sister, and IRL, normal people don't want to fuck their sisters.

Calm down

Nelvana dub is the best.

>Loli is part of Sup Forums
You haven't been here for long, have you?

Too bad Meiling is ANIME EXCLUSIVE and thus doesn't really exist

I would be fine with this if her shit was resolved somehow. Literally all I care about at this point is that Meilin has a happy ending, but I know that's not gonna happen. Nobody deserves true love more than her. It's like she exists purely to be BTFO.

>Meiling is ANIME EXCLUSIVE
Oh, I guess she really does.

Try harder newfag.

>and thus doesn't really exist
Should we tell him?

neither have you since Sup Forums had two loli boards and a shota board

like it ot not loli has always been part of Sup Forums

There's a fucking loli thread up right now and there's been one for years. Are you so new that don't remember Sup Forums kicking out the anti-loli mod on Sup Forums?

>Global Rules
>1. You will not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to anything that violates local or United States law.

Enjoy your ban, newfag-kun! :)

Fuck You trumpsupoopter
usa is fucked by him and shit people like you

and thus doesn't really exist

lolicon is not illegal...

In Canada it is

The Mahou Shoujo element was secondary to the character development and interaction. All good shows put character development/interaction first.

Then you had a dozen good things on top of it:
-High animation budget
-Good storyboard development
-The setting had a strong connection to the story
-Because of the strong character focus, it can appeal to both kids and adults
-Music was good (especially the vocal songs)
-Characters had far more going on besides just being kawaii or bishie
-They planned the major points in the story out before production began, giving the show a cohesive plan and a set ending (which will soon be ruined by the sequel)
-Seiyuu were picked for how well they fit the role and not to pander to fans
-The monster of the week formula didn't overtake the main character plot and half the episodes don't have a monster of the week
-Delicate balance between fun innocence and heavy drama
-Sakura has Green Eyes and Brown Hair, the best combination in anime
-Reaction shots
-A mascot character who actually has a strong connection to the story and builds up the main characters
-One of the best endings in anime history (which again, is about to be ruined)

The non-plot episodes were also very good. Since it's a kids show they could have gotten away with formulastic stuff but each and everyone was a separately written. Now that I think about it, this show didn't need to be as well written as it was.

Reaction Images?

>Now that I think about it, this show didn't need to be as well written as it was.
But then we wouldn't be remembering it. Though you can argue that Angelic Layer got even better writing, and it got forgotten because of Chobits.

Sakura is a very expressive girl.

Prisma Illya > CCS

>(which will soon be ruined by the sequel)
explain further
I didnt bother to read Tsubasa, neither watched Digimon Tri nor DB Super, because i felt it was an attempt to jew away shekels from nostalfags

openings.moe/?video=Opening1a-CardcaptorSakura

In terms of sexy lolis wise, Prisma Illya beats ccs.
What about power though? It's been too long I forgot about the magic levels in ccs

Great list, but I'd add to this constant progression.

CCS is a show you would expect to be packed with filler, but almost no episodes can really be called filler. Every episode progresses plot or character development in measurable ways, and the show doesn't just pay lip-service to character development which is rare in anime. When somebody learns something, when somebody becomes stronger, when somebody grows, when a relationship changes, it's reflected throughout the rest of the series. I mean fuck, there's an episode with a comfy as fuck three minute music video / montage of shopping in the first half and a ton of exquisite plot / character development in the second half. I feel like that perfectly sums up why CCS is good right there.

Ice cold.

OP1 >>> OP2
ED2 >>> ED1

>Prisma Illya
WTF is this bootleg shit?

I think you misspelled second-best girl

I love this show

fuck all y'all, meilin a best

Gentlemen, gentlemen, both daughterus are cute and perfect.

got her CD senpais

Well I knd of did point out what you're saying. But an easier way to say it is, CCS is a serial show instead of episodic. Each episode follows the last, instead of just being self contained.

This is one of the many reasons CCS stands out. You hardly see Hollywood greenlight a serialized animated show. Let alone with the subject material CCS has. Everything has to be episodic so the investors can pull out at any time.

>CCS is a show you would expect to be packed with filler, but almost no episodes can really be called filler.
Get the fuck outta here, the anime is just the manga story with some of the more unacceptable relationship stuff toned down and with shitloads of random clow card of the week filler that are never referenced again

meilin herself is an entire filler character who's disappearance very obviously marks that they're done wasting time because the plot kicks back into high gear literally the episode after she leaves

One of the big things that made CCS stand out is that it was set in the modern day. It literally was set in 1998-2001 Japan.

But now its 18 years later. And the sequel Manga CLAMP is writing is set a year after the original manga ended. So basically, its set in 2002. But wait, everyone is walking around with Smartphones and the fashion looks like its 2016. Whoops. So much for continuity.

I WANT TO RAPE SAKURA

Where can I read the sequel manga? We had threads for the first two chapters but then it just disappeared

All the usual places.

One of the things that made CCS great was that the plot was actually quite simple. Compare it to SM's, which could get rather convoluted at times (I liked SM, by the way, but it wasn't nearly as comfy to watch).

The fact CCS had 52 eps to get developed also helped a lot, since you could follow Sakura's journey as part of everyday life, rather than being forcefed the plot because the pacing was too fast - as in PMMM.

Out of the way, inferior magical girl.
It's time to
Komugicate.

Kissmanga

neo-komugi a shit

old Momoi Haruko komugi a best

Fuck off, faggot

If you want grammar errors and shitty quality then sure.

I like how she grows as a person but still acts her age

OP3 >

Tomoyo!

>Clamp to pure
>Will probably never see Syaoran put a baby in Sakura
>High chance to see her brother going full homo with Yue eating his cock cream

Because it defined moe for a generation.

Except it didn't. It was basically reviving the 1970s idea of moe.

Shows like Mahoromatic and Azumanga Daioh are what set the modern idea of moe.

>what is Tsubasa Li

Also Toya is already full homo for Moon boy

Sakura is pure

I agree also who streams here? KissAnime is my go to site.

Hotaru/Sakura/Ruri were moe queens of their era.