What are the best cyberpunk animes?

What are the best cyberpunk animes?

So far Ive seen Akira, GITS and Cowboy Bebop. What else is there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rRKWUY9DCco
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>cowboy bebop
>cyberpunk

Angel Cop

Bible Black.

fuck you OP, I actually didn't expect that one.

delet this

Dicks

Outlaw star, maybe? kinda? there's one cyborg, and it's in future setting so that counts?

fuck the only reason why i'm bothering is reason i saved your pic, it's pretty great.

Cowboy Bebop isn't cyberpunk, it's a space western. As far as sci-fi goes, those are basically opposites.

Cyber City Oedo 808, however, is cyberpunk.

If you're talking cyberpunk anime then you gotta include Bubble Crisis!

youtube.com/watch?v=rRKWUY9DCco

I mean, the band's name is Priss and the Replicants for crying out loud.

I love my mom. Also Ninja Slayer is pretty top tier cyberpunk.

Also, pretty much anything from Masamune Shirow from back in the day.

Appleseed, Tank Police, GITS (as previously mentioned), and Black Magic M-66 (pic related)

Armitage.
Cyberpunk was huge in the early to mid 90s, look there.

Roujin-Z

Is texhnolyze cyber punk?

I thought Cyberpunk basically just means sci-fi in a grimy poverty-filled urban setting.

Why is it mutually exclusive to Space Western?

Ergo Proxy, Lain, Ur Mom having sex with Ur Mom

clever

>Is texhnolyze cyber punk?

Space Westerns generally don't have an urban setting.
In Cowboy Bebop they sometimes visit cities, but it's just as often a rural bordertown. Cyberpunk is entirely about urban settings.

Generally for it to be cyberpunk it has to have some focus on government or corporate dystopia as a theme as well. Ideas like the government controlling all news, or corporations owning the policeforce are the crux of a cyberpunk setting. That's where the "punk" aspect comes in.

You also don't tend to see interplanetary travel in cyberpunk either. I don't think that's a defining aspect of the genre, but it's there.

I guess that makes sense. Although, I do feel like some of the episodes of Cowboy Bebop were more cyberpunk than others, from what I remember.