This is actually good

This is actually good.
I don't get it

Yeah It is quite good.

Sure it is monster of week and if you are a guy you might find of the issues the girls are banging on about boring in some episodes. Still it is very enjoyable with memorable characters and some some nice overarching plot in each season. I also really liked the original first season despite it having some really poor backgrounds and things like that.

Of course it's good, what did you expect?

Embarassing trash

Well with expectations that low, hard to be dissapointed. Its not some masterpiece like some people try to pretend, but it's not total Saturday morning trash either. If you just watch episodes here and there when you're in the mood, it should be enjoyable for most I assume.

I was pleasantly surprised.
Even the opening theme is catchy.

He's probably wondering why these girls aren't dying edgy deaths and why someone isn't waxing philosophical about how humans are trash and darkness is the heart's true essence and everything else modern magical girls series try to do because Madoka was a thing.

Careful user pretty sure they do just that in the last two episodes of S1.

Edgyness is just as bad as being overly embarrasing and/or sexual.
Not my cup of tea.

>He doesn't realize all this and more happens in the manga

I disagree, it's definitely a masterpiece of it's demographic. The only place where it's lacking is animation, because Toei. Art, direction, and writing are still some of the best around.

The only case it's not is if you're an utter plebeian who can't evaluate quality and thinks all it takes to make a masterpiece is a high budget mixed with a vaguely philosophical theme and some hamfisted symbolism or references sprinkled on top.

And what's Sailor Moon's intended demographic user?

>it's demographic

As long as you recognize its demographic is 12 year old girls, then yes you're absolutely right.

It's a toy commercial for little girls.

just what made you think that?

My main problem is that as it went on it's demographic seemed to get younger and younger like it was for 8 year olds.

Sailor Moon was dark, but not grimdark like Madoka. That gave it a nice feel.

Also, Ikuhara gets major points for using classical paintings for the weather and shit, like the starry starry night. PreCure ended up doing the same two decades later, taking the Emerald City and Cinderella's Castle

I'm asking about the original Japanese version here, not the butchered 90's dub.

I first watched this when I was around 6 or 7 years old; I thought it was a stupid show for stupid girls. I rewatched it when I was 26 or so and realized it's pretty fucking awesome. Great dialogue, great characters, great reaction faces, great action. Really good.

It only feels like that for the first episode.

>Sailor Moon manga
>Not Grimdark

The manga is basically a tragic story of the physical manifestation of planets repeating the same sad cycle of reincarnation again and again and being bound to their duties to fight and die in order to sustain life in the universe all because they're the vessels of the Sailor Crystals and thus they can never escape it, no matter how much they all have their own wills and dreams.

Madoka only wishes it could be HALF as dark as the SM manga!

>What made you think that
I'm inexperienced in the field of japanese animation.
When I hear that "It's the best thing ever" I lover my expectations.

What makes you think the Japanese version isn't a toy commercial for girls?

You have some serious misconceptions then. It ran in Nakayoshi, aired on Asahi in a daytime timeslot, and had no shortage of plastic junk being promoted throughout.

It's not like those facts disqualify it for anything, though.

>Something this lewd and gay being in a show for little girls.

If that were truly the intended audience, why the need for all the editing in the old dub? How come the uncut versions were rated PG-13 then?

>If that were truly the intended audience, why the need for all the editing in the old dub?
It's almost like different countries have different censorship laws or something.

And you keep talking about "THE dub" as if everyone in here was a burger. My country got an unedited dub, and yes, it was very much a girls show.

It's not as if shit never goes down in the original Sailor Moon anime, it got quite serious at times. I think the main problem is that you could EASILY cut out like half the show's episodes - there's just so much throwaway monster-of-the-week filler in there.

It's a girl's show for sure but the original is meant more for teen girls NOT little girls.

I watch this show for the plot.

Makoto is best, Rei is second best and Minako and Usagi can share 3rd best.
Ami a shit though. Fucking boring book nerd.

Switch Minako and Mako-chan around and this list is pretty accurate Inners ranking.

Move Rei to second last and I agree. Jupiter for life.

Canonically they are not supposed to be wearing panties right?

Nope.
Makoto is house wife material.
>Coming home to a now bottom heavy Makoto, her bare soft bum exposed to her husband as she is preparing a meal for him to fuel him for some vigorous baby making.

They're wearing leotards, so they aren't actually panties, yeah. Still lewd, though.

Usagi > Rei > Mako > Minako > Ami

Well, what are you waiting for?

I commend you on being the rare Usagifag but to put Mako 3rd is a crime.

A gun.

>Minako that low
>Usagi that high.

Disgusting.

Fakes can beat the Original Gil, shut up.

Maybe, but she's less interesting than Minako and Rei.

Minako is only interesting in that she wants the dick

Mako is great, I just don't like her as much as Usagi or Rei.

Usagi
>Cutest
>Best hair
>Short with a fat butt
>A lovable baka
>Fucking moon princess

Rei
>Would probably be crazy in bed
>Most /fa/ Sailor Senshi
>Bonus points for being a cute miko
>Her love-hate relationship with Usagi is adorable

Usagi is a fat, lazy, irresponsible, cowardly piggi though who stole away Mina's rightful glory moment in Crystal and hogged all the spotlight with her shit "miraku romansu~"

Also she has terrible taste in men if Tuxedo Loser is anything to go by!

>He didn't read Sailor V or watch PGSM

Just Because You're Correct Doesn't Mean You're Right

>Usagi will never use my face as her seat
Why even live?

I really didn't want to give it a chance, but I'm glad I did. I mean the plot has some weird inconsistencies that set itself up right after the second season, and mamoru almost getting cucked made me rage so hard.

Still it introduced a lot of interesting characters and had some overlying themes that were well presented.

The inners all suck, Saturn is the best.

But think of all the cuddles a married Mako would want!
All the warm hearty dinners!
The kinky stuff only someone as strong as he can pull off!

I would only accept Mako as a wife if she agreed to fulfill my butt worship fetishes every night.

She'd do anything for her husband.
Keep fit and have a nice toned butt
or soften it up and show it off and allowed it to be spanked

I want to see big-bootied Mako in a thong.

>Not wanting Mamoru to get cucked.

Why tho? He's obviously only with Usagi cause of Destiny, doesn't Usagi deserve better in someone who grows to love her for who she is in the here and now without all that cosmic Destiny baggage?

Also it doesn't help that he's always getting brainwashed and losing/regaining his memories that she barely gets time to even DEVELOP a relationship with him.

I really should get round to finishing the first series since I've had it stalled in my backlog for a good year and a half since the Youma plotline started.

Ami>Minako>Mako>Rei>Usagi

How would Haruna or Ami be in bed?

Haruna would be an animal, releasing years of pent of sexual frustration.
Ami would be reading a book while you do it

Which of the inners do you think would be most likely to turn gay?

Well Rei canonically in the manga hates men sooooo

To be honest Makoto. She already seemed to have some kind of a small crush on Haruka, even after she found out that Haruka is female. Lots of blushing and trying to get her attention.

That's why the manga is completely inferior to the original anime. At least until the final season. Both of then suck

>Ami being that high
>Rei being that low

This list is also wrong!

I think Usagi seems to have some serious feelings for Seiya, and she has a hard time resisting him/her/it. Maybe I think she's the most likely to at least be bi.

Someone refresh my memory, I know the manga has Seiya as completely female but does Usagi show signs of reciprocated feelings towards her like she did in the original anime?

>Not liking the manga

It's tragedy, magical girl deconstruction and epic, sci-fi done RIGHT though! What's not to like about the story of physical manifestations of planets that help sustain the circle of life in the universe with their own wills and hearts but ultimately knowing they'll never be able to fulfill their own personal dreams cause they're tragically bound by the vicious cosmic cycle of life?

I like Rei but she's very boring outside of her banter with Usage, nice fashion sense though and I like her design.

>Tfw you'll never perform oral on Ami while she's reading something liewd
>Tfw you'll never experience Haruna fucking you like in the sack like the demon she'd be

Stars was unnecessary. Trying to force more drama into Usagi and Mamoru's relationship felt really hamhanded. Those two had already gone through so much in S1 and S2; there was no real reason to make more trouble for them when we all know that it was going to end up with them staying together.

Says the tumblrina because it didn't get dubbed.

>Stars was unnecessary.

Huh? I don't use tumblr and I've already seen all of SM.

What do you have against Tuxedo Mask and his lovingly dorky poetic speeches?

Also without him best girl Chibi wouldn't exist

>and everything else modern magical girls series try to do because Madoka was a thing.
Which ones do this?

>best girl chibi

Are you a fucking retard though?

>Liking old hags and not fresh, sassy loli meat.

Do you seriously have that fucking bad taste though?

If you have to like a Sailor Soldier lolibait at least like the good one.

Best thing about chibi is her hot prematurely induced rebellious teenager phase.

That reminds me, y'know I've always wondered... We all know how heavily Chibi-Usa takes after her mother and how she's very much her mother's daughter, but are there any traits she inherited from Mamoru at all?

Like why is she the next Sailor Moon instead of Sailor Earth when she's technically the heir to the Golden Crystal and Princess of Earth?

heir is a funny term when you're talking the star seeds.

I want to have a threesome with Haruna and Queen Beryl.

That was the only good think about Chibiusa.

I'm partial to age swap Chibiusa myself.

Soo does she inherit ANY fucking thing from Mamoru or is she basically just all Usagi's child?

Yeah Stars was garbage aside from the first arc that should have been part of SuperS. Main Stars arc was pretty bad and had the worst finale in the franchise. Main four girls got "killed" in the first part of a 5ep finale, while the trannies lived until the final episode. What bullshit is that? I want more Jupiter and Venus, not fucking Gentle Uterus.

She's a bit more of a bitch than Usagi ever was, and Mamoru could be nasty to Usagi at the start of the anime so .. maybe that?

Overall though 90s anime Mamoru was so incredibly bland it's hard to pick out many in the first place, let alone relate them to his daughter.

She's prone to brainwashing like her dad. (i.e. Black Lady)

DiC Sailor Moon dub of Classic and R = Ocean DBZ dub
Pioneer/Cloverway dubs of S and Super S = Funimation DBZ dub (with (slightly) better acting and more accurate scripting than even the Buu Saga, still has some stupid ass dialogue though)
Viz Sailor Moon redubs = DBZ Kai dub, uncut perfection still in progress

Did anyone get their copy of S part 1?

You know, there are some people who actually claim that Terri Hawkes as 'Serena' and Jill Frappier as Luna are actually good voices.

I still don't fucking understand how anyone likes the ear rape that is the DiC dub.

OH BOY IS IT COUSINS TIME ALREADY?!

after only seeing the localized version way back, i have to say it's surprisingly solid
zoisite best girl

It has Venus and Mars in it, of course it's good.

Mine just shipped out today.

usagi is a bro

I thought Terri Hawkes was okay, but I don't know who or why they decided to have Luna sound like Mary Poppins.

COUSINS: No More Cousins Edition

Also that collection has episode in there where Not!Shin-chan shows Chibiusa his little wang instead of having "Sailor Moon underwear" under his underwear. That should be a riot.

Bonus points if they get Shin-chan's dub VA for that scene dubbed

>unzips dick