ITT: shows that you initially dismissed but later turned out pretty decent

ITT: shows that you initially dismissed but later turned out pretty decent

I'll start with one from this season Fune wo Amu. Thought it was trashy fujo bait, turns out its about a autistic virgin falling in love with his new work and the grand daughter of house he's staying at

>everything with male characters might be fujobait
Please kys

A lot of people had told me that this show would be right up my alley, but I tend to shy away from shows featuring demons/angels. Most of the time I find them to be kind of stupid.

I was wrong though, one of my favorite shows after I gave it a chance.

Maybe I'm out of touch, but what gave you the impression that Fune wo Amu was going to be fujobait?

kill yourself for ever underestimating this show, always do a little research, this shit was one of the most awaited series of the season

Girlish Number, picked it up late.
Pleasantly funny and solid production.

No it wasn't.

>fujo bait

You should unironically kill yourself.

>No it wasn't.
you hang around in the wrong bunch user

It's based off of an award-winning novel which was made into an award-winning movie. I'm sure there was at least some hype surrounding it.

No I don't.

Sure, but it's far from "one of the most anticipated" like that guy was saying.

Maybe you shouldn't assume dumb shit like that in the first place. People like you are what makes shows like these unpopular compared to all the over done and safe anime that gets all the attention.

It's really sad, but teenagers like the OP are now the overwhelming majority on Sup Forums. That's why discussion quality is at an all-time low overall.

The artist is a fujo.

>one of the most awaited series of the season
No it wasn't.

>not broadcasted by any streaming service (crunchyroll etc.)
>not picked up by any fansub group until 2 weeks after the first episode aired
>one of the most awaited

Character design is a dead give away that tells whether or not it was created by women or not.

More specifically targeted to women.

This swag motherfucker comes up and slaps your ass with a 15 page love letter that has more erudite depth than your average college student's essay...

Is the later part meant to be impressive?

Regardless, I fuck him, I'm bored of stupidity and like people with an ability to express themselves either through art or literature.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds. I mean it was shitty of course, it's Yu-Gi-Oh, but fun, hammy shitty thanks to best boy Jack Atlas. I thought it was going to be boring grimdark shit.

Keijo. I don't watch Xebec shows but this one is pretty good.

ping pong

>some hype
In some circles, but not Sup Forums. Not at all. Only those who regularly follow fujo/josei/shojo shit or worse yet, the "DEEP" and the pretentious fags would follow it.

For the vast 99.999% of Sup Forums, this show is a out of the radar.

Its on amazon.

From this season?

Nanbaka turned out to be actually funny even though it looks like horrible gay shit.

Keijo turned out to be more about the sports than tits and ass. Same with Takuyuu.

Girlish number turned out to have deeper and more interesting characters. I expected it to be cute righteous seyuus doing cute thing. Feels goo to have sarcastic and bitchy MC once in awhile.

To be hero is more fun than I expected from chinkshit.

Occultic;Nine after meh first episode start to be better and better.

The rest of the shows are pretty much what I expected them to be.

Not the ones who likes seinen. Rakugo from this winter should have taught you.

He says, as he brushes his greasy hair off his face.

The designs are by the Rakugo mangaka so if you dismiss it based on that you have awful, irredeemable taste.

>rakugo

hipster shit

Yes, Rakugo was also fujo.

Free!
It's actually a decent anime with Kyoani visuals.

It's also better than any other series this year, so dismissing a series for being fujo is also indicative of shit taste in general.

I thought this show was going to be about making a dictionary and I was disappointed.

Wouldn't go that far, and the reasons you like it aren't limited to its character designs.

>male designs aren't bland as shit
>it must be fujobait

>>More specifically targeted to women.
Targeted to women means fujobait?